Author's Chapter Notes:
This. Is. It.
I never imagined it would take me a little over a year to get this story done, but when you have two heavy WIP’s, one tends to get shoved to the side more often than not. I am deliberately leaving this with an opening – I may revisit the story later with a couple one-shots. Also, I am in the process of going back and cleaning up the first 20 or so chapters because I had no beta when I began writing. Currently, chapters 1-7 are updated and I will continue until they’re done.

I can’t imagine this being finished without two great, fabulous ladies: Mari (Dusty273) and Tina (Im_Bloody_English). You ladies made it possible for me to grow beyond what I expected of myself, and for that I can’t thank you enough. My deepest and most heartfelt gratitude go to you both, I honestly couldn’t have done it without you.

I promised myself I wouldn’t cry, but I can’t help tearing up… just a bit, because I won’t admit to more than that – bitter, old sap that I am. ;) All the facts I gathered for Spike throughout the story originated from Uncle John’s Bathroom Reader, which is FULL of trivial facts. Yes, I was one of those kids who sat and read the encyclopedia when I was bored, sue me. Many lines of dialogue were taken from BTVS and ATSV and were noted as such. Anything else is my own, including my mistakes.

Enjoy, and please review – it makes the psycho muse happy! :D
Spike pressed Buffy against the kitchen counter, gripping her hips as he plundered her mouth.

“Never thought to feel your softness again,” he whispered, nipping along her jaw.

She wound her arms behind his head and locked her wrists to keep him from leaving her. “I was afraid I’d never see your beautiful blue eyes.”

Whimpering, he hefted her legs to wrap around his hips as he ground his cock against her hot center, moving their bodies until she felt the cold metal of the refrigerator on her back. “Too long… too long without you.”

Gasping as he thrust against her, she dug her nails into his shoulders. “Waited for you… terrified you didn’t want me anymore.”

“Utter madness,” he hissed, his blunt human teeth lightly biting his old mark. “To not want you? This is ecstasy, Buffy – I’d be certifiable to give this up willingly.” He punctuated his statement with a hard push to her wet core, making several boxes tumble off the top of the fridge.

One box, containing powdered sugar, fell over the edge just enough to coat the pair in a light dusting of sweetness. They stared at each other, their hair, faces and other body parts covered in the white powder.

Buffy sneezed and giggled. “You look delicious,” she purred, swiping the powder off her upper lip.

Sensing a blatant invitation, he finished removing the sugar from the rest of her mouth with his talented tongue, proceeding to lick his way along her jaw line and towards her temple. “Good enough to eat.”

Her head fell back at his words, allowing him to progress along the column of her throat as he nibbled his way down to her collarbone, dipping his tongue into the indentation where her clavicle met her sternum. His hands massaged the firm globes of her ass, pulling her body into his, shallowly thrusting his hips as he continued cleaning her luscious skin of the white substance.

“Ahem.”

Both blonds stilled, Buffy’s heart rate skyrocketing. So involved in their loving, they never registered the presence of another person - a person in the guise of the Slayer’s mother. The pair turned their gaze to a thoroughly brassed-off parent.

“I take it you’re all better now?” she said archly, looking at Spike.

Grimacing, he gently extracted Buffy’s legs from around his waist so that she could stand on her own, tucking her embarrassed form behind him as he faced her mother. “You could say that.”

“I could say a lot of things,” Joyce replied with a glower, crossing her arms. “One of them being what do you plan on doing now?”

“Mom!”

“I’d like to talk to Spike, Buffy… alone,” her mother ordered. “Please wait in your room.”

“But-”

The look Joyce gave her silenced her protests. She longingly gazed at the man beside her, hoping he could see her determination that she wouldn’t give him up, no matter what. Before tears could gather in her eyes, she left the kitchen and hurried upstairs, slamming the door to her room.

Seeing that her daughter was out of hearing range, Joyce fixed her eyes on the vamp standing in her kitchen, covered in white powder. She pressed her lips together to keep from laughing at the sight he presented, patches of skin showing the trail of wet kisses.

“Joyce, I-”

His explanation was cut short as she held up her hand. “What are your intentions?”

“My intentions?”

“You’re not an idiot, Spike, contrary to Giles’ belief. What are your intentions towards my daughter?”

A soft look overcame his features. “I love her,” he whispered.

She came around the island counter to stand closer to him, studying him. “That much is evident, on both parts. She’s gone through Hell and back, Spike, what with all that horrible business with Angel and the Army unit that took you. I honestly can’t remember the last time I saw my little girl smile, until-”

“I won’t leave her,” he promised heatedly. “I need her.”

“But does she need you? What kind of life can you give her? She’s almost twenty years old, yet she has lived many lifetimes over inside. It would destroy what’s left of her spirit if she had to stake you.”

Rubbing the back of his neck, he murmured, “She almost did, Joyce. Thought I wasn’t gonna to make it through the reanimation, thought I was gonna be some kind of raving lunatic bloodsucker.”

“Yes, I know, she told me. I also know from Giles that she was wasting away while looking after you. That’s not a healthy relationship, Spike, and I won’t have Buffy subject to it again. I’m her mother and she is my priority.” She bit her lip and closed her eyes. “She has a short life span as it is. I don’t want her to know only pain while she lives it.”

Knowing he wasn’t winning any points with the Slayer’s mother, he lightly gripped her arms, his eyes pleading with her. “Your daughter, for whatever reason I’ll never fully understand, took a chance on me, believed in me and saved my worthless hide. My life is hers, no questions asked. She’s changed me into somethin’ I couldn’t fathom months before. I’ve been without the chip for several weeks now, and I haven’t given anyone cause to see to my demise yet, have I?”

Shaking her head, she slowly became aware of something as she looked into his eyes. “You-you have your soul,” she said, astounded.

Letting go of her arms, he stepped back. “That’s what they keep tellin’ me.”

“You don’t know?”

He shrugged. “I feel… I was always different from Peaches or Darla, or even Dru. Was so bloody oppressed in my human years, sucked the life right out of me it did. Then Dru turned me and I was filled with… I just had… this joie de vivre that the others didn’t. Never really questioned it, `til Buffy came along.” He smiled to himself. “She says it’s what animates me.”

“Do you think you have a soul?”

“I must, if what she says is right. What else could it be?”

Her lips thinned. “Spike.”

“What do you want me to tell you, Joyce? That I know I have a soul because currently it’s upstairs frettin’? That having a soul doesn’t preclude a vamp from killing? Look at Angel, mum,” he bit out. “He was a whoring, lecherous pig of a wastrel before he was turned with no thought to others but himself. Had no soul to speak of before Darla got a hold of him and the gypsies could only curse him with some other git’s soul because his own was too vile.”

“Then why did you kill, living with a guilty conscience?”

His posture became rigid. “Angelus beat any conscience I had right outta me. At first, I killed because I had to, then I started enjoyin’ it. You can’t tell me serial killers don’t get the same high, and they’re human.”

“So why stop?” she pressed.

“The truce,” he muttered.

“What truce?”

“Buffy and me, in a band… ring any bells?”

Her eyes widened. “Oh that truce.” She frowned, remembering that night. “But that was two years ago, Spike. Surely you’ve, uh… killed since then.”

“Can’t say I didn’t take a nip or two here and there, but didn’t drain `em. She trusted me to keep my word, and above all things I’m a vamp of my word.”

“I’m impressed.”

“Don’t be, was bloody awful fightin’ my ingrained nature,” he said, recalling his sire trying to force-feed him once or twice before she became suspicious. “But then, Dru started seeing… really lookin’, yeah? Said I was covered in bleedin’ sunshine, that I didn’t belong to her anymore.”

“Buffy.”

Absentmindedly, he rubbed at an ache in his chest, right above his heart. “Buffy.”

The action didn’t go unnoticed. Peering at him intently, Joyce sighed heavily. “Can you keep her safe?”

“My unlife for hers,” he answered without hesitation.

“I suppose I can’t ask for more than that.”

“For the record, I know I don’t deserve her, that I’m beneath her,” he admitted quietly. “But I promise to spend the rest of my life tryin’ to be worthy of her.”

Compassion flooded her being. Acting the mother, she wiped at the smudges remaining on his face with her thumb, cupping his cheek. “You’re both worthy of each other.” She stopped with a look full of intent. “Just make an honest woman out of her, please?”

It was as if the sun had broken through the clouds of a rainy day, his smile was that bright. “If she’ll have me,” he rasped, emotion clogging his throat.

She patted his cheek and stepped back. “I don’t think you’ll have any trouble there. The way she looks at you is… well… it makes me believe in magic,” she said with a wink.

A noise that sounded suspiciously like a muffled sob floated into the kitchen originating from the vent in the ceiling. Joyce glanced upwards with a smirk. “I think someone’s been listening,” she whispered low.

Spike followed her gaze to the vent near the back of the kitchen, focusing his hearing and picking up muted weeping. He tensed, caught between wanting to go to Buffy and finishing his conversation with Joyce. “I love her… without her, I am nothing,” he offered in a low and hushed tone, begging to be released so he could comfort his girl.

A wave of her hand and he quickly headed towards the staircase, her words stopping him before he ascended. “I’m going to get food. You have two hours. Remember your promise.”

Nodding with a gleam in his eye, he left her presence to join her daughter.

Joyce stared after him, wondering if what she was doing was right, allowing another vampire access to Buffy. But then again, Buffy was now old enough, and hopefully mature enough to make her own decisions. Praying her instincts were right about Spike, she headed out the door in search of food that would take two hours to find.

~*~

He didn’t bother to knock, opening the door instead to find his Slayer curled up on the floor near a heating vent. Kneeling down, he picked her up and sat on the bed, her tiny form huddled in his lap.

“You heard.” It was a statement.

She clutched at the lapels of his blue button-down shirt, nuzzling her nose into the black tee underneath. “I didn’t mean to,” she sniffled.

“`Course you did, pet,” he said gently, raising her face so that he could see her. “I’d have done the same.”

“But you’re evil, it’s expected of you,” she mumbled, leaning into the hand cupping her cheek.

“`Bout time you lot realized that,” he chuckled, wiping away traces of the sugar. Her tears left trails on her powdered cheeks and he found them oddly adorable.

Raising her hand, she began tracing his features as she had done while he was ‘asleep’, loving the sharp angles of his face, the dark eyebrows, his scar and then finally his sensual lips. She ran her thumb over the full bottom, gasping lightly when he sucked it into his mouth, biting her soft flesh.

It tasted faintly of sweetness from where she’d traveled his skin with her fingertips and he groaned, pulling the digit further into the recesses of his mouth. “Taste so good,” he murmured, releasing her finger with a wet plop.

Deciding to indulge in her previous wickedness, she ran her tongue along the line of his jaw, savoring the sweet spiciness that was uniquely Spike. “Positively sinful,” she cooed.

Any control Spike still held on to immediately left through the window. He delved his head and suckled on her sweet and luscious flesh, cradling her to him, clamping one of his hands on her tightly rounded bottom. Not a breath of space existed between them as they kissed like mad, desperate to make up for lost time.

Holding her tighter, he began nipping forcefully at her lips, trailing down to his mark as he laved the twin punctures. “Mum said to make an honest woman outta you,” he panted in her ear, his cool hand palming her breast through her shirt.

“Mmm, did she now? And what do you have to say about it, mister The Bloody?” she teased, biting his lobe.

Pulling away slightly, he gazed into her eyes, pensive with insecurity. “How much do you want me, Buffy?”

She caressed his cheek with the back of her fingers. “As much as you want me,” she answered simply. “`Til the sun and moon are no more.”

His grip bordered on painful, eyes boring into hers seeking any hint of doubt. “You’ll have me, all of me? There’s no going back from this.”

In response, she grinned and turned slightly to show him her hip and tugged on the waistband of her jeans. “Might as well brand your name here, Spike.” She slapped her bare ass cheek. “I’m your bitch for life.”

He growled, pulling her rounded bottom closer to his face, inhaling deeply. “Someone’s wet,” he purred, taking a long lick up the cleft of her ass.

“Guh!” she moaned, pushing into his tongue, the rake of his teeth drenching her further.

Lying on his lap the way she was, allowed him access to fondle her breasts with his left hand while the other slipped beneath her lax jeans to tease her nether lips. All this had her wiggling on top of his cock and he bit the inside of his cheek to keep from coming. Knowing he had precious little time in which to complete his task, he flipped Buffy back to face him, nibbling his way down the tendons of her neck to his mark, keeping his right hand between the drenched folds of her sex.

“This is just for starters.”

Fangs embedded in her neck, but she only felt blinding ecstasy as each pull from his mouth shot straight to her womb. She began bucking into the hand cupping her pussy as one of the most intense orgasms she’d ever had ripped through her. “Meus pectus, meus cruor, mei ut servo,” he whispered against her skin, the heel of his hand grinding into her clit.

Her back arched as another orgasm rocked her body, this one more powerful than the previous, her eyes glowing yellow for a brief moment before she fell against him, exhausted. They stayed like that for a few moments, allowing her to catch her breath, his fangs still deep inside her slim column, his tongue gently lapping the blood that surfaced.

“What did you do to me? I didn’t even get to take my clothes off,” she pouted, her heart still hammering in her chest.

Withdrawing his fangs, he licked the wound closed. “Made you an honest woman,” he chuckled.

She looked at him in a daze. “Was that normal? Wait, what did you say?”

“My heart, my blood, mine to keep,” he murmured against her forehead, pressing soft kisses around her hairline, afraid to look at her and see condemnation. “Means I’m bound to you… forever.”

Tugging on his shirt so he’d look at her, she held his steady gaze. “Are you the only one that gets to do that?”

Tilting his head a fraction, he smiled somewhat. “You want to ‘keep’ me too, pet?”

“No point in doing it if it’s only one-sided, right?” she asked, frowning at his hesitancy. “Don’t you want to be mine?”

“More than anything, luv. But as it stands, I’m yours forever, regardless if you want me around or not. Those words bound me to you, not you to me. You still have,” he paused, gulping audibly. “Your freedom.”

Pushing him back until he was flush against her bed, Buffy straddled his waist with a heated glare. “I’m gonna say this once, and you’d better listen, Spike, `cause I won’t say it again. And you’d better take it as the God’s honest truth or, claim or no claim, I’ll have a grand time kicking your ass.”

“Likely not,” he muttered under his breath.

She punched his shoulder, lips set in a grim line. “Be serious.” Seeing that he was remaining silent, but watchful, she continued. “I don’t know how it happened, but I know when I started falling in love with you.” She slid her hands under his black tee as she spoke, scraping her nails along his sensitive skin. “When you held my head while I heaved up that disgusting toxin you call alcohol, you stayed with me… at my worst.”

Her finger brushed at his nipple and she watched him gasp in delight. “Mmm, like that, do you?” He nodded, bucking his lower body up with each flick. “Well, I knew I was a goner by the time you took your first bite,” she admitted, scooting down his legs until she was face level with the bulge underneath his jeans. “I expected pain, like with-”

A growl interrupted her saying Angel’s name. She laughed softly. “Like the currently altered ‘poof’.”

“Altered?” he asked in hazy confusion, raising his head.

“I’ll tell you later, you’ll love it,” she smirked wickedly. “So,” she went on, eager to be about her business. “There I was, waiting on this death-by-thousands-of-tiny-daggers pain… but then I felt… I felt.” She breathed heavily, rubbing her sodden crotch on his legs like a cat in heat.

“Rapture,” he finished for her. Bunching his fists in the sheets, he tried to keep them there as this was her show and if she wanted to rub herself all over him, he was fine with that bit of torture… but God, he wanted to touch her.

“Yes!” she moaned, crawling back up his legs. Grabbing the zipper between her teeth, she slowly pulled the metal down, her nose grazing his thick shaft as she went all while her fingers popped open the button. Once he was free of the confining material, she pulled the denim to mid-thigh, looking her fill at his impressive cock. Wanting better access, she dropped down and rid him of his boots, finally pulling his jeans completely off.

Walking her fingers up the inside of his thigh, she realized he was ticklish. “Ah, a weakness,” she giggled.

“You’re definitely my weakness, Slayer,” he said in a low rumble, trying not to laugh.

Buffy grinned and worked her way up to his groin, threading her fingers through the crisp, curly hair surrounding his hard member. “So big.” She ran the tip of her tongue along the blue vein in his shaft from bottom to top.

It might have been a whimper he uttered, but he was so delirious with wanting her he didn’t care. “Fuck yeah, Buffy!”

Circling the head, she dipped her tongue in the wet slit, tasting his salty essence. His throaty moan told her she was doing it right, so she lapped faster, rimming the edge with her moist tip. Then she popped the swollen, purple head in her mouth and sucked.

“Holy fuck!” he shouted, nearly throwing her off him.

“Mmm,” she hummed around him, plunging lower and sucking harder. He was more than a mouthful, so she used her hand to stroke what her mouth could not. He was smooth and smelled of leather and tobacco, his own uniquely seductive scent beneath it all and she began suckling in earnest.

This was how he was really going to die, Spike mused. Licked to death by her wickedly talented tongue as it gifted his cock with feather-light touches, heat throbbing over the head of his shaft and snaking along the veins. Her nimble fingers caressed his balls, rolling and massaging them as he shuddered.

“Ah, Buffy,” he managed to verbalize between gasps. “Need to ease up, pet… oh Jesus!” She did that maneuver with her teeth again, so he squeezed his eyes shut and thread his fingers through her hair, trying to stop her. “Please, love… wanna be inside.”

She let him slip from her mouth to slap wetly against his stomach. “Meanie,” she pouted, shifting off the bed to unbutton her jeans, but his hands were there first.

“My turn,” he promised wickedly.

Kissing her taut stomach, he pulled her closer so that she stood between his lean thighs, sliding his hands beneath the material covering her ass. “You smell divine, all musky and hot, with a hint of sweet.” He nuzzled her navel, biting lightly as he knead her tight ass, listening as her heart threatened to leave her body as it knocked against her ribs.

Bringing his hands around to her front, he inched down the waistband, the jeans practically falling off her from her weight-loss. He pledged that he would make her eat more to ensure that she returned to a healthy state, her body and features more rounded. More cushion for the pushin’ and all that.

Spying her navy-blue thong, he wrapped his deft fingers around the side strap and pulled, snapping the fabric in two. Her protests at his barbaric treatment of her clothes were silenced the moment his lips touched the shallow indentation of her hip, kissing and nibbling his way lower. Placing a foot on her jeans, he pushed them to the floor and she stepped out of them to allow him better contact with her silky skin.

He looked up into her eyes and gave her a feral smile. “Watch me,” he commanded.

She watched him unfurl his long tongue, waggle it at her, then slowly weave a trail through her sparse curls to her labia as he kept her still with a hand on each leg. He then traced each lip, making arousal flood through her, wetting her inner thighs. She realized he must have scented this, bringing one hand to quest between her folds until he found his goal. Strumming her clit, he made her writhe and moan as she clutched at his shoulders to stay upright.

Slowly, he slid two fingers inside her and began stroking her deep, pumping at a lazy pace. He continued to tap her clit with the tip of his tongue, probing occasionally to lap at the juices flowing freely from her sex, his digits speeding up their movements. She began bucking against his hand, riding his fist as her nails dug into his skin.

“That’s it, Buffy… come for me,” he purred, halting her hips so he could pull her clit between his teeth.

Brilliant fire skittered throughout her body as he suckled her into oblivion. “Spike!” Head thrown back, she shouted his name to the ceiling as her legs gave way, landing them both on the bed.

Not allowing her a chance to recover, he grabbed her hips and pulled her up his body, spreading her over his face. “Mmm, dessert,” he hummed, causing her nether regions to vibrate.

Her first instinct was to pull away, but his grip was firm and unbreakable, his tongue and lips attacking her with gusto. She grabbed the metal rail at the head of her bed, whimpering in surrender. Never letting up, his tongue danced over her clit as he lapped at her, the sensation furiously intense as he growled his pleasure at drinking her spendings.

Working her with his teeth and lips, he knew she was close the more she moved and her clit started hitting his chin, so he kept it rigidly in place so she’d strike it every time. She hovered on the edge, so he turned his face to her left and vamped out, sinking his fangs deep in her thigh. It was definitely enough to send her over.

The orgasm poured through her core and a full scream ripped from her throat. “Oh my God!” She nearly broke the metal bar; she squeezed the headboard so hard it groaned in protest.

Listening to her cries of pleasure made Spike’s cock twitch and ache to be inside her. Pulling her down his body until she lay fully on him, he gave her a deliciously evil smile as he kissed her, his face wet with her spendings.

“I should be all kinds of grossed out by this, but I just can’t seem to care,” Buffy murmured against his lips.

He pulled back a little to look at her. “Oh, so it’s good enough for me to do, yeah? I’ll have you know you taste bloody magnificent.”

Rolling her eyes at his pout, she propped her chin on his chest and sighed. “You’re distracting me.”

“From what? Worshiping my sexy body? Get to it then!” he said eagerly, slapping her backside.

“Ow!” She rubbed her bottom. “You must be better, that had your normal strength to it.”

Grabbing her hips, he started moving her dripping pussy back and forth over his cock, torturing himself slowly. “Definitely got my strength back, love, and I’m gonna prove it to you.”

Her fingers gripped his shoulders and squeezed every time her overly sensitive nub brushed against his solid head. “God, Spike… I wanted… oh yes, like that.”

“This what you wanted, Buffy?” he asked in a smooth voice, rubbing his cock along her sodden folds.

“No… yes… uhm, no… oh God, yes!” she gasped, trying to return to her earlier concern, but Spike’s actions made it impossible.

“Silly bint doesn’t know what she wants,” he teased, lining up the head with the entrance to her silken depths. “I remember the first time I tasted you… warned you I would never let you go,” he breathed.

She whimpered and tried to impale herself on his shaft, but he prevented it. “Why are you stopping?”

Halting all movements, he waited until she held his gaze for a few moments. “I love you Buffy, and I want you… with everything that I am. What do you want?”

Sitting up a little, she began tracing the lines of his face with her fingertips, much the way she had done while he was ill. “I-I didn’t want to fall in love with you,” said softly, rushing to reassure him once he grew rigid. “But you wriggled your way in and made me care about you, even like you. And I couldn’t stand what those-those…”

“Army gits?” he supplied.

“Yes, Army… uh, gits did to you. Having no control over what you said, and then that stupid spell by Willow,” she huffed in exasperation. “But you pulled through it all, without so much as a complaint, like it was your lot to suffer.” Her lip wobbled. “I found myself wanting to make it all better for you, but I had no clue how to do that, except…”

His touch grew distant. “Have pity on me.” He sounded disgusted.

“No!” she growled. “There was maybe one brief minute that I pitied you, in the beginning, when you first came to us, but pity wouldn’t lead me to make love to you for hours in the shower. Pity wouldn’t cause me to get you outta that horrible place or stay by your bedside until you opened your eyes. I did it because I love you, you stupid vampire, and if you can’t see that I want you as much as you want me then-”

“I did say you blather on, Slayer,” he muttered, cutting off her prattle with a kiss.

“Then why did-”

“Wanted to hear it for myself, didn’t I?”

“Why… you-you egotistical-”

He didn’t give her a chance to finish her sentence as he slid his thick cock into her waiting channel. “You were saying?”

“God, I’ve missed this… missed you,” she gasped, shuddering around him as she began rising and lowering herself on his hot staff.

Sitting up so that her breasts were mouth level, Spike pulled one nipple between his lips and licked, his tongue like sandpaper. “You’re so beautiful when you’re all flustered-like.”

Running her fingers through his tussled curls, she twined the hair around until it was tight with tension. “God, you’re hot and sweet.”

Switching to the other breast, he laved the underside of her fleshy globe while she bounced on his rigid member. “Not sure sweet is the word I’d use, pet,” he panted.

Grinding her luscious pussy against his hips, she flung her head back as she began riding him in earnest. “Yeah, good point,” she breathed heavily. “Ah, God… sweet doesn’t justify this… this…”

“Total mind-fuck?”

“Crass.”

He smirked unrepentantly and flipped her over so that she was lying underneath him, his hips pumping, staring intently at her. “What do you want?”

“You,” she panted, something spiraling up inside her.

“Why?” he continued relentlessly, pounding his hot cock into her.

Wrapping her legs around his waist to allow greater access, she dug her nails into his shoulders and lifted her hips to meet his ferocious thrusts. “Because I love you.”

He could feel the tiny pulses fluttering in her womb as she began to come, the arch of her back as she grasped his whole body and hung on while he slammed into her depths, his balls drawing tight as his cock jerked. Cool seed flooded her body as they both bellowed their completion, their eyes never leaving one another.

~*~

“You know, you never answered my question,” she mused lazily, several moments later. She was once again draped over his cool body, flicking his nipple with her nail, loving his reaction.

Forget about questions, he was having a hard time concentrating with her doing things like that to him. “What question… fuck… uh, was… shit, Buffy!”

Her giggle soothed the tingle on his chest where she’d bitten his nipple. “Aww, did the Big Bad get bit?”

Fisting her hair, he pulled her head back to stare. “If you’re gonna be biting, love, best be doing it proper.”

“And what is proper?” she asked with hooded eyes, daring him.

“This,” he purred. Stretching her neck, he vamped and sunk his fangs deep in his mark.

Lights exploded behind her eyes as she felt every pull lightening straight to her pussy. Her orgasm was brilliant, white-hot and took her by surprise as she gasped for breath, clinging to him while riding out the earth-shattering experience.

Retracting his fangs, Spike laved the mark until it stopped bleeding, pressing a soft kiss to the spot and nuzzling her. “That’s how it’s done.”

She sighed languidly, letting him rub his nose and face all over her pressure points. “Oh, yeah… no argument there.”

“So what question did I never answer, pet?” he mumbled against her skin.

“Huh?” She’d come so hard she blanked out there for a moment. “Oh! Right. I’d asked if you were the only one that could claim me, and you never really told me if I could.”

Twirling a lock of her hair around his finger, he looked at her. “Sure you want that? Like I said, as it stands you have-”

“My freedom… yeah, yeah, I know, Braveheart,” she said, snickering. “But what is freedom without you?”

“You have me, pet… always did, truth be told.”

“I-I want to do this, Spike. Please trust me?”

His lips thinned, a grim acceptance set about his face. “If you do this Buffy, I’ll refuse to let you go, regardless if you want it. Can you live with that?”

“Let’s just say, I can’t live without it,” she corrected, smiling softly. “What do I need to do?”

It wasn’t a matter of telling her; it was more learn by demonstration. He spoke his words to her because he’d learned them long ago, when he thought about claiming Dru, but they only applied to vamps. He couldn’t remember ever hearing of a vamp and human, let alone the Slayer, mating with one another. At most, the undead kept live humans around for a renewable blood source, not as life-long mates.

“I don’t know,” he muttered.

She stared at him blankly. “You don’t know? How can you not know? You just performed some ‘bitey’ ritual on me and you can only guess at its effects? What if I want to chew on your neck for a while, huh? Where does that leave me? Stupid… stupid, bleach-blond, omni-impotent, hair-sticking-up-funny… vampire!” she yelled, punching him on the shoulder.

“My hair is stickin’ up funny?” he asked, pursing his lips to keep from laughing at her outburst. “I think the word you’re looking for is omniscient, not omni-impotent. And I’ll have you know I’m not impotent, missy. I think I proved that, yeah?” He proved his enlarged state by thrusting his hips, his hardened cock slipping between the folds of her sex and caressing her backside.

Leaning back on his lap, she sensually slid herself back and forth over his shaft, trying to stay coherent while pumping him for information. Pumping, she giggled. “Gah, how… do you expect me to remember anything when you… oh God, do that-that thing with your-”

“Hips,” he offered, driving up to hit her pussy. “I don’t.” Placing nips along her jaw, he moved his cock to her warm sheath, slowing encasing himself within. “I’d rather you remember this… every time.”

“Oh, yes,” she whimpered, his length filling her. “I’ll never forget this… not possible.”

No matter how many times he’d fill her body, she knew she’d never be able to get enough. It was like wanting to crawl beneath the other person’s skin and stay, cozied up next to their heart, to flow with their blood wherever it went.

Saying nothing, he flipped them over to what she was becoming to realize was his favorite position. His body was braced now; arms stiff to hold his weight, head thrown back in concentration as the cords of his neck rippled with his strength. Looking down the line of their bodies, she watched his six-pack abs relax and tighten with every push into her hungry body.

What she really loved, though, were the emotions that crossed his face. Fear, hope, guilt, tenderness, possession, and above it all… love. She had to keep this; she’d be a fool to let this go.

“Tell me,” she breathed in his ear, coiling her legs around his waist.

“You trust me?” His eyes opened and he looked deep within her.

She nodded, curling her fingers into the nape of his neck, bringing him close. “With everything that I am.”

He could feel her climax spiraling closer and closer, a light sheen of perspiration covering her flushed face. She never looked more gorgeous. “Bite me, sip the blood,” he panted, his hips swiveling to find the spongy spot deep inside her. “Say anything that has the word ‘mine’ in it.”

Clutching him closer, she wrapped herself around his body like a glove, riding wave after wave of his plunges, quick and punishing, desperate to find release. His eyes were tightly closed, his jaw flexing so much she thought it would break, ridges along his forehead popping in and out.

Knowing she was falling over the edge, she clenched her Slayer muscles, clamping down on the thickness buried so far within her, wanting him to follow her. His breathing became labored and he became mindless with his thrusts. Seeing her chance, she nuzzled the white column of his throat and bit down, hard, her incisors tearing the skin.

“Buffy! Fuck!” he roared, coating her womb with his seed.

“Mine, Spike… I am yours forever, you are mine forever. No one will ever take you from me,” she sobbed, licking at the blood pooling, her own climax so intense it brought her to tears.

He shuddered violently, hanging on to her for dear life, tears wetting his lashes “Jesus, Buffy! I love you, so much… so fucking much.”

Running a soothing hand through his curls, she kissed his forehead and felt complete for the first time in her life, like the final piece of the puzzle finally snapped into place. “And I you, just as much… maybe even more.”

“Not possible,” he murmured against her throat, nibbling on her salty flesh.
Smiling contentedly, she pulled on his hair until he was eye-level with her. “I love you beyond infinity.”

He snorted. “I love you infinity to the infinite power.” He kissed her pert nose. “Can’t get any higher than that, pet.”

“Show-off,” she grumbled.

“As always.”

~*~

Sometime, much later in the evening, Joyce opened her daughter’s bedroom door to see two forms, twisted around each other, wrapped in sheets.

She thought about asking Spike about his promise, but the pair looked exhausted and there was always tomorrow. Backing slowly out of the room, she was stopped by his soft words.

“It’s done. No vamp can harm her.”

Closing her eyes in relief, she nodded, her voice choked. “Thank you, for keeping her safe.”

“No one can take her from me, Joyce,” he said as a warning and a promise.

Seeing his eyes glow yellow in the almost complete darkness startled her a little. “I know. I won’t interfere, as long as you keep her protected. But I have to ask; because I’m an old-fashioned gal… do you plan on marrying her, in the human sense?”

“Yes, if that’s what she wants. But I need to find a place we can both stay. I won’t be staying here indefinitely.”

Leaning against the frame, she agreed. “Anything I can do to help?”

“Got a few blokes looking into things for me.”

“Well then, sounds like you have a plan.” She once again backed out of the room, moving to shut the door.

“I love her,” he reminded her in a low tone. “She’ll live a long time, I promise.”

She smiled, full of motherly compassion and wisdom. “I know.”

~*~

“Giles, do you have any books on vampire claims?” Buffy asked from her position on the couch, her legs draped on Spike’s lap.

It had been several days since the Slayer and her vampire had claimed each other, but neither knew the full effects of such a claim. Figuring her Watcher would have some dusty old tome on the subject, she dragged Spike away from apartment hunting to explore their bond further.

When he didn’t answer, she asked once more. “Giles? Claim? Book?”

“In all my years as your Watcher, Buffy, I’ve never had the pleasure of you requesting a book to read or study, baring of course that unfortunate incident regarding the text books on your first day at Sunnydale High. Do let me bask in this moment, won’t you?”

“Prat,” Spike muttered, tightening his grip on his girl’s hips.

She glanced over her shoulder at her lover. “It’s okay, he’s right, you know. I leave the studying to Willow or Xander. Not so keen with the book smarts.”

Nuzzling his mark, he growled. “You’re plenty sharp, Slayer. Just `cause you don’t have a PhD doesn’t mean you can’t trounce his poncey arse.”

“Yes, listen to Spike. He’s the epitome of intelligence,” Giles said drolly, heading towards the kitchen.

“Is that why you bashed my head every morning to get info, you git?” Spike yelled to his departing figure.

The other Brit returned with a cup of tea in his hand. “I apologized profusely for my behavior, Spike. Should I discuss your proclivity for killing humans with a railroad spike or are you going to let this subject drop?”

Eyes narrowing, the vamp sighed. “Fine. Battle two-hundred and seventy-two to you, Watcher.”

“You actually keep count of your verbal sparing?” Buffy asked incredulously.

Giles looked away, flustered. “We’re evenly matched, if you must know.”

Laughter shook her small frame until Spike went rigid, and not the good kind of rigid. “What?” she whispered fearfully.

He glanced at Giles’ front door. “Peaches,” he snarled, but then frowned. “I think.”

A thud sounded against the door, followed by a whining and muffled cry. Cautiously, Giles opened the door to see a wild-eyed, messy-haired Cordy standing in the twilight. Next to her was an extremely thin looking Angel, hunched down and sniffing her thigh.

“You all deserve to die,” she intoned flatly.

Amusement sparkled in the Watcher’s eyes, but he tried to keep it to himself. “Why are you here, Cordy?”

“Why?” Her voice was shrill, as if she’d gone beyond the point of just being stressed. “Why?” she seethed. Stepping into the apartment, Angel bounded after her… on all fours. “This is why, you dodgy British bastard!”

All three watched in amazement as Angel ran around the room, sniffing and licking objects, even stopping once to raise his leg as if to pee on Giles’ prized antique bookcase, but since he had no fluid to expel, his library was safe from the deranged vamp.

Finally satisfied that his scent was permeated about the room, Angel returned to Cordy’s side and began snuffling at the hem of her loose skirt, nosing his way up until he was practically at her crotch. She tried to shove him off, but to no avail. He then tackled her to the floor and mounted her from behind, dry humping her ass until he uttered a growl of completion and sagged against her back.

Getting up as gracefully as she could, Cordy smoothed her skirts and pulled out a rolled-up newspaper from her Coach handbag, smacking Angel across the face. “Bad, bad… very bad doggy!” she sobbed tearfully with each blow.

“Dear God,” Giles said, wanting to wipe his mind clean of what he just witnessed.

“Does he bark in his sleep?” Buffy snickered, trying not to fully laugh.

“I always thought of him as a big, fluffy puppy with bad teeth,” Spike observed, grinning from ear to ear.

“I am a victim here!” she wailed. “I may be a fashionable lone wolf, but this is not what I had in mind.”

There was no holding the tidal wave of laughter that issued from the trio, staring at Cordy’s disheveled state and Angel crouched low, whimpering. They laughed harder when Angel sensed Cordy’s distress and started growling at them, fangs bared.

“Gotta spank the pooch, Queen mall-shopper!” Spike hooted.

Sniffling back tears, Cordy grabbed Angel by the collar roughly and hauled him back. “Heel, mister Broody.”

Wiping his eyes, Giles replaced his glasses and took some pity on the poor girl. “Feed him some human blood over the next few weeks and he should even out,” he chuckled. “I’m sure you can procure human blood without letting him off the chain?” He bust out laughing again, doubling over and leaning against the wall.

Holding her head high, Cordy dragged Angel to the door while he was barking and yipping to free himself. “Thanks,” she spat.

“Maybe you should get him neutered,” Buffy suggested, watching Angel’s eyes grow wide with her words.

“You’d love to have that happened, wouldn’t you?” The brunette ordered the whimpering vamp to ‘stay’ while she turned to the three watching her. “But you won’t be singing that tune if I ever get my hands on the wicked witch of Sunnydale. She did this on purpose, giving me the wrong formula!” Cordy stamped her foot. “I’m the nastiest bitch in Sunnydale, not her!”

“Always hated competition, huh?” Buffy sniggered, crossing her arms.

“Damn straight.”

Clutching the rolled-up newspaper, she grabbed Angel by the collar again and pulled him out the door to the waiting convertible. She had to resort to smacking him once he awoke from the reanimation, immediately trying to pound her into the mattress. He’d never accomplished the deed, their clothes getting in the way, but she was always afraid she’d be caught unawares while stepping out of the shower or something, his mindless state never hearing her cries to stop.

He jumped in the passenger side and hung his head out the window, panting, as drool rolled down his tongue. Following him into the car, Cordy turned to see all three standing at the door, evil smirks on their faces.

Slamming her door, she glared at them. “I hope the Hellmouth gets indigestion when it swallows you whole.”

Watching them speed away, the trio retreated to living room, traces of laughter still evident. “Dogs can sense odors at concentrations nearly a hundred million times lower than humans can,” Spike mused as he resumed his position on the couch, Buffy on his lap. “Makes me wonder if Peaches can smell when Queen C ovulates.”

“Ewww!” Buffy squealed, slapping his shoulder. “So not what I wanted to know.”

“Yes, quite. I prefer to remain ignorant of Cordeila’s menstrual cycle,” Giles said in a weary voice. “Nor do I want to know if Angel is provoked to harangue her further during that time.”

Both blonds shuddered. They could only imagine the brute strength required to keep Angel at bay if he was intent upon mating with Cordy during her ‘receptive’ time.

“So, you’re still carrying around all that knowledge, huh?” Buffy asked Spike quietly as she watched Giles peruse his books for a text on vampire claims.

“Never lost it, pet. It’s always there, just don’t have an overwhelming urge to spout it forth,” he replied, skimming his hands up and down her arms.

“Tell me some unique fact then,” she prompted, wanting to see if he could pull it off without the blinding headaches and chip.

“Every human has a unique smell,” he answered, smiling at her behavior.

She waved her hand airily. “Boring! Knew that. Try again.”

“Camels will refuse to carry an unbalanced load.”

Tilting her head to the side, she considered for a moment. “Interesting, but I could see that being possible. C’mon, you’re not even trying!”

Pinching her side, he growled. “Hard to impress you, Slayer. Let’s see… some Cambodian trains are built entirely out of bamboo and spare parts.”

“That’s dangerous,” she commented. “Anything else?”

Curling his tongue behind his teeth, he leered at her suggestively. “The first American film to feature nudity was called Inspiration in nineteen-fifteen.”

Wrapping her arms around his neck, she grinned and leaned into him, kissing the side of his mouth. “Mister Know-it-all.”

He pulled her closer for a full kiss, stealing her breath.

“Don’t you know it!”


Chapter End Notes:
YAY! I'm done! *blows out heavy sigh*