Author's Chapter Notes:
I'm so sorry for taking so long between updates, but with working full time & going to school @ night, it leaves little time for just ME! I found a good html converter, so that takes a bit of the weight & tension off my shoulders for updates. Hope you like it! & remember to keep reviewing!

Chapter 5: Consider Me Gone



“Morning Willow”, said Dawn from the kitchen counter with a mouthful of cereal.

“Morning to you too Dawnie, don’t talk with your mouthful. Do you happen to know if Buffy has a morning shift today? I didn’t see her upstairs and she’s not down here either.”

“Oh, well that’s ‘cause she’s not even home yet. She told me she was spending the night at a friend’s place last night. She should be home soon though, she promised to help me finish packing. Anything I can help you with?”

“Oh, No, that’s ok. It’s nothing major, just wanted to ask her about something.”

“Ok. Whatever. I’m going to go watch TV in the living room while waiting for Buffy. Feel like joining me?”

“Nah, that’s alright, I’ve got laundry to fold upstairs. Could you please tell Buffy to come up when she does get in?”

“Yep! Sure thing Willow.” Dawn said as Willow went upstairs and she sat down on the couch to watch TV. A few minutes later Buffy came in the front door. “Morning Buffy.”

Dawn sing-songed to her sister. “I take it you had a good night?” she then asked enthusiastically.

“Hi Dawn and yeah, how’d ya know?” Buffy asked with a huge smile plastered across her face.

“Well…for starters you have that Cheshire cat smile on your face again, and second of all you have a giant hickey on your neck!” she proclaimed.

“Oh,” Buffy said shyly. “Whoa! Wait! I have a hickey from him?! Where?! How bad is it?!”

“Uh, yeah! It’s down near your collar bone on your right side, it’s pretty big and a really deep purple too.”

“Oh crap! Is it cover-upable?” Buffy asked fearfully.

“Probably not makeup wise, but I bet you could probably pass it off as a bruise from patrol if no one looks too closely.”

“Oh. Whew! That’s good, I’m not ready to have everyone finding out yet.”

“Yeah, yeah. I heard you guys last night.”

“What! When? Why were you out that late?” Buffy ranted, her face turning bright red.

“Buffy! Relax! Eww! I didn‘t mean that ! Eww! God! Way too much information! I just meant when you two were explaining how I can’t tell anyone. Did I mention Eww gross much!?!!”

“Oh.” she replied sheepishly with a bright red face. “So…whatcha watchin’?” she then asked, desperate to chance the subject and taking a seat on the couch next to her sister.

“Why? Are you gonna stay and watch with me?”

“Maybe, depends on what’s on.”

“Right now I’m watching Scooby Doo .”

“Really?! I love that cartoon!”

“I know! So do I! Now will you stay?”

“Okay, but only ‘till the first commercial break, then I really gotta get in the shower.”

“Okay…but can we please do something together, just the two of us, for once today?”

“Sure Dawnie, that sounds great to me! How ‘bout you decide where to go and what to do?”

“Anything and anywhere I want?!” she asked Buffy excitedly.

“Of course! It was your idea! I’ll go along with whatever you plan.”

“Cool! You’re the best sister ever!!” Dawn told her then gave her a giant hug.

“Thanks! Now I’m gonna go jump in the shower, then we can get going.” she told her walking over to the stairs.

“Awesome! Be careful though, Willow’s home and looking for you. Which reminds me…don’t you think you should call a meeting today, so you can let the others know about England?”

“Ugh, crap! You’re right! I completely forgot! Can you please do me a huge favor and call everyone over for it?”

“Alright, but only ‘cause you promised we could hang out today. What time do you want them over? Do you want me to call Spike too?”

“Umm…what time is it now? I forgot my watch at his place.”

“Around ten I think.”

“Okay. Umm…how ‘bout twelve-ish then? That way we can have all afternoon and tonight together. Spike already said he’d take patrol with Clem tonight anyway.”

“Alright, cool! Twelve it is then. You didn’t answer me if I should call Spike too though.”

“Oh, no don’t bother calling him. He said he’d be coming over in a little while anyway. Just call everyone else, ok?”

“Ok.”

“I’m gonna jump in the shower now, ok?”

“Ok. I’ll start calling then.” Dawn said reaching for the phone, while Buffy started up the stairs. “Buffy, don’t forget Willow’s looking for you.”

“Ugh, that’s right! Any idea what she wants?” Buffy asked, pausing halfway up the stairs.

“Not really, she just said that she wanted to ask you something and to send you up when you got home.”

“Oh, alright. You didn’t tell her where I was or who with, did you?”

“No, of course not! I already told you, I heard what you two told me last night.”

“Okay, you’re right. I’ll go get in the shower and talk to Will. Make sure you get all the calls done. You should probably remind Spike while you’re at it, he was pretty out of it this morning when I left.” Buffy told her with a hint of seductiveness in her voice. “Twelve-ish remember.” she then added quickly.

“Eww, again Buffy! Stop saying stuff that way…I really don’t need to know for a fact, I try very hard to not think about what happens between you two. Now I have to go rinse my ears out, thank you very much!” Dawn complained.

“Sorry, I’ll try to stop.”

“You’d better stop, or the others are going to pick up on it. You complain about Spike doing it, but you’re just as bad sometimes. I picked up on you two a long time ago, like I told you. If you aren’t careful the others will figure it out before you are anywhere near ready for them to know. Now go get in the shower already.”

“Consider me gone,” Buffy told her, then raced up the stairs. *~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*
A/N: Again, please don't forget to review! & Again I apologize for the slow updates! I will try to do better now that I have found a good HTML converter!