Author's Chapter Notes:
Soooooo sorry for the lack of updates. Between work & school, I barely have time to sleep! I will try to update when I can, but it probably WILL NOT on a regular basis. It's just too much to think about that too!!! Hope I didn't loose any fans with my absence!

ON WITH THE STORY!
Chapter 4: Aiming For the Bed

Buffy and Spike walked to Sunnydale Memorial Cemetery in comfortable silence together, just enjoying each other’s company for the first time in quite a while. Suddenly, Spike stops mid stride causing Buffy, who was too busy gawking at him to notice, to crash directly into the back of him.

“Spike! What the hemph!” she yelled, mumbling the last part into Spike’s palm.

“Shhh, luv, listen.” Sure enough a fight could be heard just ahead.

“Can you see who or what it is?”

“No, it’s too far into the trees to tell. But, it sounds like a Chiroglak demon.”

“Well…let’s go then.”

“No! Wait! You can’t just go in there swinging and expect to…” he said trailing off, seeing Buffy was already off and running towards it, battle axe in hand. Spike reached her just in time to see her axe go flying into the trees and her into him, knocking him to the ground.

“Oomph!”

“Like I was saying, you can’t just come running at it with a battle axe and expect to chop off it’s head in one swipe!”

“Well, why not? I can with any other demon I’ve fought so far.”

“True luv, but this one actually has some brains that it uses. And it’s not gonna let some little Slayer just waltz in and chop off it’s head.”

“Oh. Then how the hell DO you expect me to kill it, then? Huh?”

“Watch and learn my little Slayer. Just watch and learn.” he said jumping up, leaving Buffy sitting on the ground. Then he used the nearby headstone to vault onto the demon’s back, put his hands on either side of it’s head and gave it a quick twist causing it’s neck to snap with a sickening POP and fall to the ground dead.

“Oh. Show-off!”

Soon the two of them were once again walking along peacefully. A short while later Buffy turned to Spike and said, “You know…. This is nice.”

“What’s that luv?”

“Just this, us, walking, just being…DUCK!”

“Huh? Oh!” he said, doing as instructed after seeing the vamp coming up behind him.

Swish

“Now, as I was saying, just being together. Not having to be physical or anything. Not that I don’t like that part too, but this spending time thing is nice. We should do it more often.”

“Yes luv, I agree completely. Just one thing though…”

“What’s that?”

“It’s your turn to duck!” he tells her jokingly, and dusts the oncoming vamp quickly. Just as the dust is settling from in front of him he sees that Buffy has picked up a fight of her own. It was five against one, but they all were fledglings.

Three of which, were an easy kill, even for Xander, the others looked to be ex-football players. The first three were done away with quickly and then it was just two on one, not much of a challenge really, but a good fight none the less. Spike took a seat on a nearby headstone to watch the action, but his amusement didn’t last too long, ‘cause he too was attacked by a group of vamps. Seven in all, none were fledglings, and three of which are at least a foot taller than him.

He took down the two that are holding him quickly, and then moves onto the bigger guys. He gets one beat and is working on the next when Buffy notices his struggle, quickly dusts her last vamp and goes to help out Spike. Before long they have dusted all of their attackers.

“Wonder what that was all about?” Buffy asked Spike while dusting herself off.

“Dunno pet. Guess some blokes are still sore that I‘m fighting the good fight now.”

“Or maybe they’re jealous of you. That you get to spend “quality time” with me and they don’t!” she quipped.

“Cute, Slayer, real cute!”

“Yeah, I know I am! You tell me enough!”

With that, Spike planted another one of his melting kisses on her.

“Mmmmmm…Spike…mmmmmm…not now, it’s patrol time. Not…mmmmmm…make out with your mortal enemy time!” and she playfully shoved him off of her.

“Oh, all right. But promise me it will be later, alright?”

“LATER! Now help me patrol! The sooner we get done, the sooner we can start. Remember that!”

So they continue on their patrol, stopping every so often to steal a kiss or two from each other. Eventually about an hour and a half later they’ve finished a surprisingly quiet patrol and are standing in front of Spike’s place talking.

“Do you realize that we only came across twelve vamps at the most the entire time we were out patrolling tonight? Is there some big, collective, demon population holiday that I’m forgetting about or you, (she pokes him in the chest), forgot to tell me about?”

“Hey watch that finger! And no, not that I can remember. Maybe they’re saving up for when you, Lil’ Bit, and whomever else are gone.”

“I hope not! But that reminds me, who am I going to get to do patrol for me while we’re gone?”

“Just what do I look like, chopped liver?”

“Well…I was thinking that you’d come with us. Dawn would really like it, she already considers you part of the family, as well as my significant other, in case you missed her comment back at the house earlier. Actually, she put you into that category even before either one of us realized we had any kind of real feelings for each other.”

“Hmmm, kinda sounds like Dru. She told me that she could see you all around me. I just put it off to her bein’ crazy like she was, but now I realize that she was right. I couldn’t and still can’t stop thinking about you!”

“Yeah, Dawn was like that too. She kept trying to tell me to take a chance with you, but I wouldn’t listen to her. She is my kid sister after all, I chalked it up to being her messed up thinking. I fought all that I was feeling back and kept trying to convince myself that they weren’t there. I did this until I came back and I couldn’t seem to hold them in anymore, and they slowly leaked out. Now I’m very happy my friends gave me a second chance here.” Buffy gazed at him for a moment before planting a hard and bruising kiss on him, which he accepts with surprise, but gratefully. After a few minutes she pulled away from him panting heavily.

He then said to her while he too is trying to catch his un-needed breath, “Uh…luv…maybe we should go on inside now.”

“Yeah, might be a good idea. Don’t want to give anyone any ideas now do we?!”

“No, not at all,” and he gave her a chaste kiss on the lips.

Once they were both inside, he shut and locked the door behind them. Buffy looked at him with an odd look on her face as if it say, what’s with the locks? Off her look he explained. “What?! Clem helped me install them just last night. Actually he’s the one who suggested the idea. ‘for privacy reasons’ he said. Sounded like a good idea, that way they’ll be no more uninvited guests,” referring to both Xander and Riley’s walking in on them.

“I think we’ve had enough of that!” she says strolling over to the fridge.

“Whatcha’ looking’ for pet?”

“Bottle of water, got any?”

“’Course! Second shelf down on the left. Have a seat on the sofa o’er there when you’ve finished raiding my fridge. I’ll be right back.”

“Hey! Where do you think you’re going?!”

“Just downstairs for a minute luv. Now, go sit down and wait for me. I’ll be right back.”

“Ugh! Fine! Whatever!” she said out loud as he disappeared downstairs. As she sat there waiting she started thinking…wonder what he’s up to. He’s acting all weird all of a sudden. Why am I actually listening to him and staying put instead of following him? But before she had time to answer her own questions he was already back and sitting down next to her. As he sat down, she noticed that he’s holding a small rectangular shaped, deep crimson colored velveteen box with an indigo blue ribbon tied in a careful bow around it.

“Whatcha got there, Spike?”

“Oh…ummm…well this is for you.” he tells her while handing her the box with shaking hands. “I know i-it’s a lil’ late, b-but we weren’t exactly together th-then. I hope you like it. I-if y-you don’t, I can take it back. But if y-you do then…”

“Spike,” she starts sweetly, “shut up and let me open it already!”

“Oh, ok. Go on then.”

She slipped the ribbon off the box, and then opened it up carefully revealing a small silver heart shaped locket. It has a rose wrapped around a gothic style cross, on the inside are two beautifully etched portraits, one side is herself and the other is him. On the back is an inscription reading:

You’ve scorched my heart with a flame that will forever burn. I am yours eternally, Spike


“Before you say anything, please read the card too. It’s in the box.” so she picked up the card and read with blurry vision through the tears in her eyes threatening to spill.

To the one and only Slayer in all of history to slay my heart. Exactly one year ago on this day, the 24th of April, 2001, was our very first real kiss. I shall treasure and celebrate this moment forever, along with every other milestone we have together. You will forever be in my heart, you’ve shown me what it feels to love and live again! Chip or none, I can guarantee you that my feelings shall forever remain the same.
I love you Buffy.

Love, Spike a.k.a. William James Walthrop


With tears now streaming down her face Buffy looked up at Spike and smiled sweetly with the biggest, brightest smile he’d ever seen and kissed him gently, like the time mentioned, but with just a hint more passion. After breaking apart, he said, “So I take it those are happy tears then, pet?”

“Oh Spike! Of course they are! It’s beautiful! I absolutely love it! I can’t believe you remembered that kiss! You know, at that time, I wasn’t even planning on kissing you, it just kinda happened. But, I have to tell you, I didn’t and still don’t regret that kiss for even one second. Nor, do I regret that night in the abandoned house with you. Actually, I don’t really regret anything with you, except for one thing.”

“What’s that, then?”

“Not taking a chance with you sooner.” She leans in again and they kiss like before. After a minute or two they break apart and she says to him, “Now will you please put this on me?”

“Of course my love.” he tells her with a smile and puts it on her. After it is fastened, he turns her back around to face him and he moves back on the couch to admire it on her. It sits right at the hollow of her throat. “It looks perfectly stunning on you! I was so afraid you wouldn’t like it!”

“Of course I do,” she told him fresh tears coming to her eyes. “Again, thank you so much, I love it! I love the card too!” Again they kiss gently passionately.

“So, How long shall we be in England? Oh, and how do you expect to keep us a secret from the Bloody Council of Wankers the whole time we’re over there? Especially when we can’t even get through an hour and a halves patrol with out keeping our hands and mouths to ourselves?”

“I haven’t thought that far ahead yet” she pouted at him.

“Oh, pouty! Look at that lip…gonna get it…gonna get it…”

She giggled and they kissed passionately. Soon, they were groping and trying desperately to rid each other of their now extremely restrictive clothing. Between kisses and touches, Spike managed to gasp out… “Mmph! Downstairs. Now! Mmph!”

Buffy just nodded her head in agreement and jumped up into Spike’s arm wrapping her legs around his waste. Once finally downstairs, Buffy finally managed to get Spike’s pants down far enough to implant herself slowly onto him.

“Cor, you’re still so bleedin’ tight and hot! I swear every time with you is like it’s the first! I don’t think I’ll ever get used to this feeling! It’s as though I’m on fire here!”

“Guess it’s just my Slayer muscles. God Spike, I’d swear you get bigger every tiiime!” she said squealing the last part since he had just thrust complexly into her in one quick stroke causing his pelvis to hit her In just the right spot. “….Oh god! Right there! Wow!” she said gasping. “If you keep that up, I really don’t think I can hold on much longer.”

“Mmm, shall we aim for the bed this time, luv?”

“Shhh,” she told him pressing a finger to his cool lips, “don’t care…just kiss me.”

“Whatever you say, sweetheart.” Then they continued their dance.

A few hours later they were lying on the floor next to the bed, both covered in a fine film of sweat and breathing heavily, but cuddled in each others embrace just the same.

“Wow! That was even better than I remembered it!”

“You’ve got that right! Hey…look at that!!”

“Hmm?”

“We actually kept the damage minimal this time!”

“Oh yeah! And it seem we’ve missed the bed….AGAIN” she told him, both saying the last part at the same time causing them to start laughing.

Once their laughter had died down, Spike turned to his love and told her “I think we’ve beat our time record as well, pet.”

“Is that so? What’s our new record then, five an a half?”

“Ummm…nope…it’s almost 4:30 am now Buffy, think that’d make…oh…about seven hours strait now!”

“Wow!” was all she could mange to think of to say in response.

“Agreed completely. Went fast though.”

“Mmhmm.” she replied sleepily. Then they lapsed into comfortable drowsy silence together for a few minutes until Buffy broke the silence. “Hey Spike?” she drowsily asked.

“Hmm?”

“Well…a couple things actually.”

“Go on.”

“Well…would you mind helping me into bed please? My legs don’t seem to be functioning that well right now.” she added playfully.

“Sure thing pet! You know I’d do anything to help you out!” then he scooped her up into his arms and placed her on the bed. After he got her settled, he himself climbed into bed beside her and threw the sheets over them. Almost instinctively, she cuddled up into him and he wrapped his arms around her and placed a gentle loving kiss on her lips which she returned equally. He knew now that it was only a matter of time before she would finally admit to him that she really did love him, but he would be patient about it and let her have the time she needed. “Now then pet, what was that second thing you needed me to do?” he asked with a smile.

“Oh…I just need you to set the alarm for eight. We’ve both got to get up, promised Dawn” she told him with a yawn.

“Already got it covered. Fixed it when I came down earlier. That all then?” he asked, but she was already fast asleep cuddled into his chest.

So he smiled to himself and watched her sleep for a few moments, just enjoying the scene in front of him. He then placed a soft kiss on her forehead, whispered in her ear that he loved her and watched, with newfound awe, as her cheeks pinked and a bright smile spread across her face. He too then smiled and drifted off into a happy peaceful sleep, knowing that one day soon he’d finally get to hear the three little words he’d been waiting years to hear her say to him, honestly come out of her mouth.

TBC…