Chapter 11

Spike entered his room and found Buffy sitting on the edge of his bed.

“Hey, where have you been?”

He took his coat off and placed it over a nearby chair. “I was with Faith.” The look on her face proved that he would have to clarify more than that. “I mean that I found her drunk at the Bronze and decided to take her home. We just talked for a bit.”

Buffy raised her eyebrows. “Wow, you guys were actually civil with each other?”

“Stranger things have happened. I suppose she’s not all that bad, just misunderstood.”

She thought about this sudden change. “Would you still consider getting back with her?”

Spike laughed. “I may not completely detest her anymore, but there’s no chance of that ever happening.” He decided that a subject change was in order. “So, how did your talk go?”

She shrugged. “Better than I expected, Giles is pretty cool for an old guy. He just sat there and listened to whatever I had to say, no judging remarks or anything.”

“I’m glad it went well. My dad has always been an easy person to talk to. Do you feel better now that everything is out in the open?”

Buffy nodded. “Actually, I do. I feel free for the first real time in my life.”

He was taken by surprise when she hugged him, then pecked him on the cheek. It was always the bloody cheek.

“Thanks for everything, Spike. You had every reason to give up on me, but you didn’t. I’m really glad to have a friend like you.”

Spike gave her a somewhat sad smile. He was happy that she felt better, but knew that she would always just think of him as a friend. It didn’t seem likely to change. “That’s what I’m here for.”


* * * * *


“How’s it going?”

Faith winced at Buffy’s perky tone. “Do you have to be so damn loud?”

Buffy grinned. “I see someone woke up on the wrong side of the bed this morning. Or should I say toilet? How much did you drink, anyway?”

Faith took a moment to think about it. “I have no fucking idea. All I know is that I got into some stupid fight with my mom again, and had an urge to drink myself into a coma. I do remember coming on to this really hot guy, though. Oh, and I think Spike was there, but it’s all fuzzy.”

Buffy nodded. “Spike was the one that took you home. He found you naked and about to give the Bouncer a lap dance.”

Faith’s eyes widened. “Are you shitting me?”

Buffy had to laugh at the look on her friend’s face. “Sorry, I couldn’t resist. Your virtue is still intact. Well, what’s left of it.”

She sighed in relief. “Don’t scare me like that, B. So, Spike just took me home? Did anything else happen?”

Buffy shook her head. “No, he just said you guys talked, but wouldn’t exactly go into the details. I think you guys had a moment, shame you don’t remember it.”

Faith cringed. “Unless that moment involved us fucking, I don’t wanna remember it. That’s it; I’m never drinking again.”

Buffy rolled her eyes. “Yeah, good luck with that.”


* * * * *


“God, I love her. Check those out, man. Do you think they’re real?”

Spike groaned. “Bloody hell, Harris. It’s a fucking Playboy; chances are nothing is real in there.”

Xander glared at him. “You can’t just let me enjoy it, can you? Do you know how hard it was to sneak this away from my dad?”

Spike rolled his eyes and glanced in the distance to see Buffy and Faith sitting at a table together. He pointed in their direction. “Now, that right there is a real woman. She’s bloody perfect.”

Xander shrugged. “Yeah, Buffy’s hot if you like that sort of thing, but she doesn’t really do anything for me. Faith on the other hand, I wouldn’t mind having a go with her.”

Spike chuckled. “You and everyone else, Harris. That is assuming they haven’t already.”

“You would be one of them,” he said, turning his attention back on the magazine in front of him.

That comment put Spike’s laughter on hold. “That was a low blow, Whelp.”

Xander didn’t take his gaze off of the magazine, but let a smile form on his face.


* * * * *


Spike headed to his locker after school, but stopped when he noticed Angel laughing with a few of his jock friends. As he moved closer, he was able to make out what the ponce was saying.

“I tell you, I haven’t had such an easy lay in my life. Buffy has the tightest pussy; it’s like being inside a virgin every time. I would definitely recommend it.”

Spike heard enough and shoved Angel against his locker, causing the few loser friends he was chatting with to run off. “You wanna run that by me again, Peaches?”

Angel pushed Spike away from him. “What the fuck is your problem? This doesn’t even concern you.”

“You’re spreading shit about Buffy, so I would say that does concern me. She never would have touched you. It’s pretty pathetic that you have to make up lies just to look good in front of your mates.”

Angel scoffed. “I would have had her begging for it if you didn’t show up. You jealous, Giles? It must have killed you to see her with me. She’s a hot little thing, but not really worth it. Her tits are too small.”

Spike punched the locker door right beside Angel. “Next time, that’ll be your face. Stay away from Buffy.”

He laughed. “Oh, this is too good. Are you in love with her or something?”

Spike didn’t put much thought into what he was going to say, but just knew that he wanted to wipe that smirk off of the git’s face. “So what if I am?” A gasp from behind had him turning around, only to see Buffy standing there, a shocked expression on her face. He immediately forgot about Angel. “Buffy, I can explain.”

She just shook her head and took off running in the other direction.

Spike was silently cursing himself. That was definitely not how he wanted her to find out.

“I would say that went well. You’re delusional if you actually think she’ll ever love you, Giles. You’re nothing but a freak. Girls like Buffy don’t go for losers like you.”

Spike pulled back his fist and popped Angel right in the face. He did warn him, after all.

Angel yelled out, clutching his nose in the process.

Spike then walked away, not even giving him a second glance. He had a girl to find.