Chapter 13

Buffy was seething as she watched them across the cafeteria. Drusilla Edwards was a total skank, and she was currently draping herself all over Spike. He looked to be annoyed by the other girl’s presence, but not enough to push her away.

“God, can you believe her? She’s just thrusting her breasts in his face like some cheap whore.”

Faith grinned. “Well, someone is a little jealous. I wouldn’t worry too much about her, but I have an idea. I’ll hold her down, while you beat the crap out of her. Should be lots of fun.”

Buffy gave it some thought, then shook her head. “I doubt that would really solve anything. Although, it would make me feel a whole lot better. Spike said that he loved me. You don’t think he would have lied about that, do you?”

Faith rolled her eyes. “Right, because guys never lie when they say that. Spike has it bad for you, B. He probably just doesn’t wanna be rude to Elvira. I don’t think it means anything.”

Buffy really hoped that she was right.


* * * * *


Spike sighed in relief when he made it to his locker after school. Drusilla had been pestering him all day, and he finally got rid of her. He didn’t know why she was suddenly interested in him, but it made Spike very uncomfortable. He groaned when someone tapped him on the shoulder.

“What the bloody hell do you want now?” he wondered in irritation, turning around to see that it wasn’t the person he expected.

“That was rude. I haven’t even talked to you today.”

Spike shook his head. “Sorry, love, I thought you were Drusilla.”

Buffy raised her eyebrows. “And why were you expecting her?”

“I wasn’t, she just won’t take the hint. You don’t know how much I wanted to tell her to bugger off at lunch; I was just trying to be polite. I regret that now.”

She nodded. “Yeah, I saw you with her. What’s her deal, anyway?”

Spike shrugged. “Apparently, she had a bit of a thing going on with Angel, but he dumped her for that Darla chit. I guess she’s on the rebound and chose me for some odd reason.”

“I know why she chose you. Drusilla wanted to get back at Angel and since you guys can’t stand each other, she figured you would be the perfect choice. That’s so typical of her.”

Spike agreed and really wanted to ask her if she was jealous, but didn’t get the chance at the sound of a commotion coming from the distance.

They exchanged looks with each other, then headed off to see what the fuss was all about.

Buffy’s eyes widened when she saw a group of kids forming around what looked to be Faith and Drusilla, both girls rolling around on the floor and throwing kicks and punches at each other. She knew that someone had to break it up before a teacher decided to.

Spike ran over to the girls and pulled Faith away from Drusilla, not knowing why he thought she would be the easier out of the two. She struggled in his grasp, but he wouldn’t let go.

Buffy saw that Drusilla wasn’t finished and grabbed the dark haired girl around the waist, before she could do anymore damage to her friend.

Drusilla was infuriated and shoved Buffy away from her. She quickly turned around and slapped the blonde in the face, causing her to fall and hit her head on a nearby locker.

Spike was pissed off when he witnessed that, letting Faith go and grabbing hold of Drusilla to stop her from moving over to Buffy. “Okay, I’ve had just about enough of you crazy bints to last me a lifetime.”

Drusilla relaxed in his embrace, grinning as she reached behind her to squeeze his crotch.

Spike leapt away from her in shock. “You really are a crazy bitch, you know that? You’re just lucky I don’t hit women.”

She stepped closer to him. “The sunshine isn’t good enough for you, William.”

“What the fuck does that even mean? You know what? I don’t even care. Just stay away from me.” He didn’t give Drusilla another thought as he walked away from her, heading over to Buffy and helping her up.

She rubbed her head, but luckily didn’t hit it too hard.

He looked at her in concern. “You okay, love?”

Buffy nodded. “Yeah, remind me to never get involved in one of Faith’s fights again.”

Spike smiled. “I’ll be sure to do that.” He noticed that Drusilla was gone and the crowd went elsewhere, but saw that Faith was still there. He pointed at her. “I’m going to bloody kill you. What the hell were you thinking?”

She held her hands up. “Hey, I was just helping out Buffy. She was saying some shit about getting with you, and I knew Blondie wasn’t likely to do anything to her. I just wanted to shut her up. The slut had it coming,” Faith explained, then focused on Buffy. “Sorry you had to get hurt, B. I was just trying to help.”

“I appreciate it, but that’s not really the help I need. Drusilla’s all talk, it’s not like she would really have a chance with Spike. I’m not worried about her.”

Spike put his arm around Buffy, placing a kiss to her cheek. “You never have anything to worry about with me, pet. I can’t imagine anyone finding that chit’s crazy ramblings attractive.”

Faith touched her heart. “Aww, that’s so sweet. I think I’m gonna hurl,” she said teasingly.

Spike rolled his eyes and led Buffy out of the school, Faith right behind them.


* * * * *


A car crashed into the ‘Welcome to Sunnydale’ sign. A man stepped out, a cigarette resting in his mouth as he took in his surroundings. Never in a million years did he think that he would be coming back to this town. It had been about ten years since he set foot there, but knew that he couldn’t stay away forever. A friend of his was killed recently in the line of duty, and he decided to pay his respects. No matter how many bad memories Sunnydale provided.


* * * * *


Buffy sat up in bed, glancing next to her to see that Spike was still sleeping peacefully. She lay back down and wondered if the nightmares would ever go away, but this time it was different. She didn’t dream about the past, but about something that had yet to happen. The same man that invaded her dreams was there, but he wasn’t dealing with a six-year-old Buffy. He was dealing with a sixteen-year-old Buffy. She didn’t know what to make of that, usually she remained a child in her nightmares. The man also took on an older appearance, as if that was how he would look now. Buffy let out a sigh when Spike moved closer to her side, placing an arm around her. Even in his sleep, he was always trying to protect her. Buffy decided not to worry about her dreams anymore, they would go away eventually. She only snuggled up closer to Spike and drifted back off to slumber.