Chapter 14

“So, I guess you made your decision.”

Buffy smiled, giving his earlobe another tug. “What gave it away?”

Spike groaned at the feel of her nibbling his neck. “The fact that you seem to be set on giving me a hickey. Not that I’m complaining.”

She laughed. “I didn’t realize this was such a sensitive spot for you.”

“You put your lips on any part of my body and it’s sensitive.” He gently pushed her away, so he could look into her eyes. “As much as I’m enjoying what you’re doing, where did this come from? I thought you weren’t ready yet.”

Buffy shrugged. “Well, I gave it a lot of consideration the last few days. I know it’s not the best reason, but seeing you with Drusilla made me a bit crazy. I realized that I could lose you if I didn’t come up with a choice soon.”

He shook his head. “You won’t lose me, Buffy. I’m not interested in Drusilla or anyone else at that school. You don’t need to rush this, I’ll still be here. No matter what you decide.”

Buffy threw her arms around his neck, pulling him closer to her. “I’m done thinking about it, Spike. I finally know what I want,” she whispered, then pressed her lips to his.


* * * * *


“Okay, I’m really gonna hurl if you two don’t cut it out. I think I would rather have things go back to the way they were.”

Buffy pulled away from Spike, with a glare to her friend. Her lips plump and red from his kisses. “You can’t just let me be happy, can you?”

Faith shrugged. “It’s just not right when you’re getting some and I’m not. What’s with this public display of affection, anyway?” She turned to Spike. “We never made out in the cafeteria for all to see. You always took me to the janitor’s closet.”

He looked away from her gaze, a guilty expression on his face.

Faith had a feeling about what it meant. “I don’t believe this. You were embarrassed to be seen with me? How is that even possible? I was supposed to be embarrassed of you.”

Spike rolled his eyes, but chose to ignore her when Buffy planted kisses to his neck. He moaned and got right back to their make out session.

Faith wasn’t amused. “I can see that you guys are in your own little world over there, so I’m just gonna go,” she said, noticing that they wouldn’t even budge. “God, get a room.”


* * * * *


“For once, Faith has a good idea.”

Spike chuckled, making himself more comfortable on his bed.

They skipped out during lunch and headed straight for home, not even bothering to go back to the school. There was only one class left, anyway.

Spike lifted Buffy’s shirt up, smothering kisses on her stomach. He knew they were probably moving too fast, but couldn’t seem to stop. Not when he had waited so long to have her.

She giggled. “Hey, that tickles.”

He glanced up at her. “Oh, did I actually manage to find one of your weaknesses?”

She shook her head. “I have no idea what you’re talking about.”

Spike grinned, then attacked her with his fingers.

Buffy squealed as she tried to get away from him. “Okay, I give, stop torturing me already.”

Spike figured that she had enough and put his tickling on hold. He gazed down into her flushed face, feeling his breath catch in his throat. “You are so beautiful,” he whispered, trailing a finger down her cheek. “I noticed that you stopped wearing so much make up, and here I was thinking that you never listened to me.”

“It wasn’t just because of you. I did it for myself, too. It’s way too much effort to put all that crap on my face every morning.”

Spike agreed. “Well, either way, you look gorgeous.”

Buffy blushed and turned away from him.

“Don’t be getting all shy on me now, pet. You’re going to have to get used to me complimenting you. That’s never going to stop.”

She met his eyes again. “I think I can handle that.”


* * * * *


Spike grabbed Buffy when she started to thrash around in her bed, pulling him out of sleep. He wrapped his arms around her, quietly singing a lullaby that his mum used to sing to him when he was a child. He came to realize that worked with her. Spike sighed in relief when she started to calm down and relax in his embrace. He could clearly see the tears in her eyes as she kept them closed, wondering what she was dreaming about this time. He wiped one of her tears away, resting his forehead against hers.

“You’re safe, sweetheart. No one will ever hurt you. The bad man is gone, Buffy. He won’t come near you, not while I’m around. It’s all going to be okay. I love you,” he whispered the last part and noticed that her eyes were starting to flicker open, until she was staring right into his.

“Promise?” she wondered softly.

He nodded and pressed a quick kiss on the tip of her nose. “You have my word, love. I’ll never let anything happen to you.”

She smiled, feeling her eyes start to close again. “I know.”


* * * * *


“Do you think this is the best idea, William?”

Spike hated to be called by his given name, but knew telling his father that would get him nowhere. “I love her, Dad. You’ve known of my feelings for a while now. I know this is probably not what you want, but I can’t stop the way I feel.”

Giles shook his head. “Of course not, but are you sure this is what you really want? Buffy is a part of this family, that could make it very awkward for the both of you.”

“I’ve thought about that, but I don’t care. If things don’t work out with us, well, I guess I’ll worry about that if it happens. I know that I don’t plan to let her go. I just hope you and Mum can accept that.”

Giles cleaned his glasses when he thought of his wife. “You do know that your mother might not handle this very well, don’t you? She always just assumed you thought of Buffy as a sister, this would be a lot for her to take in.”

Spike nodded. “I know, but I’m sure she’ll come around. Once she sees how much we mean to each other, I know she’ll understand. Just please, don’t tell her. This is something that needs to come from me. I’m not ready for her to know yet.”

“Well, after your announcement a couple of weeks ago, she may already have some idea.”

Spike forgot about that for a second. “She probably doesn’t realize just how much I meant what I said. I just need more time, Dad. Mum is an old fashioned woman. She didn’t even have sex until she was married.” He cringed at just the thought of that.

Giles raised his eyebrows. “Have you and Buffy ever…?”

Spike finished for him. “No, we haven’t, but it’s going to happen. I’m not about to wait for marriage. Not that it would matter since I’m technically not even a virgin, anyway.”

Giles held his hand up. “Let’s never speak of that, I don’t want to think about my son already being sexually active. I won’t tell your mother, but I don’t know how long you would be able to keep this from her.”

“It won’t be for too long. I just need at least one or two weeks.”

Giles nodded after a moment. “All right, but there will need to be some rules involved. Nothing is to be done under this roof, is that clear? I’m too young to become a grandfather.”

Spike grinned. “I’ll keep that in mind. We’ll just have lots of sex at school instead,” he said teasingly, then left his father’s office.

Giles stared after him in shock. “William, that better be a joke!” he yelled after him, only to be greeted by his son’s laughter. “I’ll never understand that boy.”