Chapter 17

“Do you think everything will work out?”

Spike nodded, pulling her closer to his side on the blanket that he set out for them. He figured it would be a nice distraction to take her to the beach, they both loved the ocean. “I have no doubts that it will. We talked to my parents and the police, there’s nothing more you can do right now. They said they would keep a lookout for him, so you don’t have to worry. I’ll be here with you through everything, okay?”

Buffy rested her head against his shoulder. “Thanks for bringing me here. The ocean is so beautiful at night. It’s the best time to come; we don’t have to worry about it being crowded.”

He pressed a kiss to her cheek, gazing up at the stars.

She broke the silence a moment later. “Spike, have you ever thought about having sex with me?”

Spike glanced at her, not expecting that question. “Where did that come from?”

Buffy shrugged. “I was just wondering.”

“There isn’t a day when I don’t think about making love to you, but I’m not about to rush that. I’ll wait for whenever you’re ready, there’s no hurry.”

She nodded and took a deep breath before answering him. “What if I said that I’m ready now?”

He raised his eyebrows. “Are you sure?”

“We have the whole beach to ourselves. It doesn’t get any more romantic than that. We promised Giles that we wouldn’t do anything in the house, so we technically won’t be breaking the rules.”

Spike laughed. “I can’t argue with you there, but I don’t exactly have any condoms on me.”

She moved on top of him, staring down into his eyes. “It’s okay, I’m on the pill. So, what do you say?”

Spike caressed her cheek, softly kissing her on the lips.

Buffy moaned, slipping her tongue into his mouth. She would take that as a yes.

He pulled away to look at her. “Once we do this, there’s no going back. You know that, right?”

She nodded again. “I won’t have any regrets.”

That was all Spike needed as he captured her lips again. Luckily, he’d brought an extra blanket and placed it over them once their clothes were removed. “Are you comfortable?”

Buffy smiled down at him. “Very, who needs a bed? If you ask me, they’re highly overrated.”

Spike chuckled and kissed her again, sucking her bottom lip into his mouth. He stroked her breasts and stomach, then went lower to her pussy, slipping one finger inside to feel how wet she was for him.

Buffy gasped and threw her head back.

Spike grinned at her reaction and slid two more fingers inside of her, pumping them in and out. “That’s it, love. You’re almost there.”

She cried out her release a moment later, coating his fingers with her cum.

Spike pulled them out of her, licking them clean of her juices. “Bloody hell, you taste good.”

Buffy smashed her lips to his, tasting herself in the process. “I need you inside me,” she panted.

Spike wasn’t one that needed to be told twice. He grabbed her waist and lifted her up a bit, positioning her over his dick.

Buffy decided to take control after that and slammed down on his cock, taking him all the way in.

“Fuck, you’re so bloody tight.”

She smiled and moved up and down on his shaft, throwing her head back as she rode him hard.

Spike moaned as she squeezed him, never having felt anything as amazing in his life.

Buffy lowered her head and kissed him passionately.

Spike trailed his hands down her back, settling them on her hips as he helped her bring them both closer to the brink.

She moved her mouth down to his neck, lightly biting him as her orgasm hit.

He came right behind her; his neck had always been a sensitive spot for him.

Buffy was breathing hard as she remained on top of him.

Spike fingered the strands of her long hair. “I love you,” he whispered in her ear.

Buffy held him tighter, knowing that it was time to stop being afraid of those words. “I love you, too.”

He smiled against her hair, feeling beyond ecstatic. “We should probably head home. It’s getting late.”

“Just hold me for a little while longer.”

Spike nodded. “I can do that.”


* * * * *


“God, how can you live like this?”

Faith took offense to that. “Hey, you can still see the floor, so it’s not that bad.”

Buffy managed to find a spot to sit on the bed, looking at all of the photos that were laying there. “Are you going down memory lane or something?”

Faith rolled her eyes. “Hardly, I’m just trying to find pictures for that lame Art project at school. I don’t know why I took this class. I’m not the creative type, just figured it would be simple. I was wrong. Who knew that finding family photos would be so hard? There’s hardly any of me and my mom together. She hates having her picture taken.”

Buffy browsed through a few and realized that Faith was right. “Do you have any of your dad?”

She scoffed. “Please, my mom made sure to burn all of those. She doesn’t even like to talk about him, so I doubt she would wanna look at him.”

“What happened to him? I don’t think you ever mentioned that.”

Faith shrugged. “He was a lowlife basically, walked out on us when I was about four-years-old. If you ask me, we’re better off without him. I’m glad to have never gotten a chance to know him. He obviously never wanted me. And you wonder why I’m such a screw up?”

Buffy shook her head. “You’re not a screw up, but that’s horrible. I don’t understand how someone could just leave their family.” She searched through more of the pictures, her face paling when she came across one and picked it up. “Faith, who’s this?”

The brunette glanced at the photo, taking on a look of puzzlement. “How the hell did that get in there? That’s my old man; I guess it’s one my mom forgot to burn.”

Buffy dropped the picture and stood up, taking a few steps away from the bed. “I have to go.”

Faith gazed at her in confusion. “You just got here.”

Buffy nodded and moved over to the doorway. “Yeah, but I just remembered that I had some errands to run for Anne. I should probably get on that, so I’ll just see you at school.” She hurried out of the room, not bothering to close the door behind her.

Faith turned back to the pictures, shrugging at the blonde’s quick departure. She snatched up the one that Buffy was looking at and crumbled it up, throwing it into her garbage can without giving it a second thought.


* * * * *


Buffy was walking the streets of Sunnydale, lost in thought. She couldn’t believe what she just saw, but didn’t have much time to think about it. She was on her way to meet Spike at the Bronze, her head down and once again not paying attention to where she was going. Buffy crashed into someone, looking up and ready to apologize, when her throat suddenly turned dry.

“Hello, sweetheart. This is a nice surprise.”

Buffy was about to scream, but a hand clapped over her mouth from behind. She started to feel dizzy from the cloth that was pressed against her nose and mouth, then passed out into the man’s arms.

“See, that wasn’t so hard. Let’s get her out of here,” Dan said frantically, not wanting to get caught.

Jake stared down at the unconscious girl in his friend’s arms, knowing by the expression on her face that she definitely recognized him. “I’ll take her; you just bring the car around.”

Dan nodded and went to do just that.

Jake picked her up and threw her over his shoulder. When Dan finally showed up with the van, he placed her in the backseat and closed the door, getting in on the passenger side. “You better hope no one saw us.”

“It was a dark alley. No one would be out there; everyone is probably too busy inside the club. Kids today, that’s all they do,” Dan replied, driving away from the Bronze.

Neither one noticed the young girl that was hiding behind the dumpster.