Chapter 20

“Don’t you think we should be getting out of here now? The cops could be on their way.”

Jake rolled his eyes. “I chose this place because it’s abandoned, I don’t think we have to worry about anyone finding us. Besides, she’s probably just bluffing. I doubt she had the guts to go to the cops.”

Dan wasn’t convinced. “I still think it’s a bad idea hanging around here. I’m gonna look around outside again.”

Jake watched him leave, letting out a sigh and turning back to Buffy. “It’s so hard to find good help these days.”

“My heart bleeds for you,” she said sarcastically.

Jake chuckled. “You are a feisty one, aren’t you? I like you, girl. It’s just a shame that I have to kill you.” He pulled out his gun, aiming it in her direction. “Dan’s right, it’s about time that we moved things along.”

Buffy shut her eyes tight, only to open them again when she heard the other guy come back.

“We got a problem, Jake. I found her lurking outside.”

Jake raised his eyebrows at the dark haired girl that Dan had in his grasp.

Buffy’s eyes widened at the sight of Faith, wondering what she was doing there.

“Who the hell is this?”

Faith put on a fake smile, but inside was cringing at the words she was about to say. “What’s the matter, Daddy? Don’t you recognize me?”

Jake looked into her eyes, knowing that he was staring at his daughter. He pulled Dan away from her. “What is she doing here?”

Dan shrugged. “I don’t know. She looked suspicious, so I brought her in here. You want me to tie her up with the other one?”

Jake shook his head. “Just make sure she doesn’t go anywhere, I need to think.”

Dan nodded and grabbed Faith’s arm again.

“Come on, don’t you think we should at least have dinner first? I’m not that easy.”

Jake glared at her, not pleased with the way she turned out. It would be understandable knowing what a complete slut her mother was, probably still is. He groaned at a commotion that came from outside. “Fuck, what now? You stay with them; I’ll go check it out.”

Faith grinned once he left, it was now or never. She stomped hard on Dan’s foot, slugging him in the face. He fell to the ground and didn’t look to be getting back up anytime soon. Faith then hurried over to Buffy’s side, untying her arms and legs.

Buffy rubbed her wrists once she was free. “That was so cool.”

“He had it coming. No one messes with my girl.”

Buffy smiled and stood up, only to be grabbed from behind. She elbowed whoever it was in the stomach and heard a familiar grunt.

“Bloody hell; remind me to never sneak up on you again.”

Buffy gave Spike a huge hug, looking at him apologetically when she pulled away. “How did you guys find me? How did you even get in here?” she asked Spike.

“I came in through the back. I’ll explain more later, let’s just get out of here.”

A gunshot sounded through the warehouse, forcing them all to remain where they were.

“No one is going anywhere. Next time, I won’t miss.”

They turned around to see Jake standing there, a gun in his hand.

He moved closer to them. “You all must think I’m pretty stupid.”

Spike scoffed. “You’re the one that said it.”

Jake glared at him. “Well, now I know who to take out first.”

Spike shielded Buffy and Faith, not letting the man intimidate him. “You’re forgetting about something. If we were able to find you, then the police aren’t far behind.”

His eyes widened when the doors burst open, a few cops barging inside with their pistols raised.

“Hands above your head!”

Jake dropped his gun, doing as the officer said. When two cops came at him, he attacked and tried to fight them off. Somehow he managed to get away, running over to the kids. Once he reached them, he pushed Faith and Spike out of the way, grabbing Buffy and pulling out a knife that he held to her throat. “Stay back or I swear I’ll kill her!”

They lowered their weapons.

“Okay, I’m just gonna make my way out of here now. The girl’s coming with me; I’ll let her go when I know that I’m not being followed.”

Buffy winced when the blade cut into her flesh, tears forming in her eyes.

Jake backed away, pulling Buffy with him. He was too distracted to notice a gun being fired, hearing the girl’s scream and looking down to see blood oozing out of his abdomen. Jake glanced up and saw Faith, his own daughter being the one to shoot him with his own gun. How’s that for irony? He let Buffy go, falling to the ground in the process.

The same two police officers headed over to Jake, picking him up and taking him outside. A few others dragged Dan away, who was still unconscious.

Faith dropped the gun to the ground, shock written on her features that she actually did it.

Buffy ran over to her, along with Spike.

Faith snapped out of her trance to gaze at her friend. “You okay, B?”

She nodded. “Yeah, thanks to you. Have you ever fired a gun before?”

Faith shook her head. “No, you’re lucky that I didn’t hit you. I had no idea what I was doing.”

Buffy paled, relieved that it didn’t come to that.

Spike wrapped his arms around Buffy, pressing a kiss to the top of her head. He would never let her out of his sight after this.

“We’re going to need you kids to come down to the station to answer a few questions. We’ll notify your parents of what happened and they can pick you up there.”

Spike nodded and put his arm around both Buffy and Faith, following the officer out of the warehouse. His parents were definitely going to freak.


* * * * *


Faith was sitting in the police station with Buffy and Spike, waiting for her mother to show up. She dreaded the conversation that would take place. It turned out that she didn’t kill Jake, just caused him to lose a lot of blood. He was taken to the hospital, then would go straight to jail for hopefully a long time. His friend would be joining him.

Buffy was resting her head against Spike’s shoulder. She couldn’t wait to get home and into her bed to sleep for about a week.

Spike looked up to see that his parents finally arrived. This would not end well.