Author's Chapter Notes:
thanks for everyone reviewing. it means the world to me.
Buffy smiled at the scene in front of her, Willow atop Spikes shoulders…correction, atop Spikes lickable muscled expanse of upper body, the redhead swinging the pool tube with all her might, trying to knock Buffy off of Xanders sturdy, but less muscled than Spikes, shoulders.

“You’re dead meat Summers” Willow said with a faux scowl causing Buffy to burst out laughing.

“Rosenberg, I’ll own you by the time this is over.” Buffy yelled back, golden arms swinging her weapon with less than deadly accuracy, it was after all, just a game.

What the girls didn’t notice was the sly grins spreading across the males’ mouths, or the faint whispering of 1-2-3.

With two roars the girls found themselves emerged in the water as the men raced out of the pool and into the house, locking the door behind them.

Willow and Buffy emerged gasping for air and laughing as they raced to get inside,

“Let us in, we’re cold” Willow pleaded with a pout.

“It’s hotter than a desert out there Red, gonna’ have to do better than that” Spike said with a smirk.

Willow chewed her lip…”I need to change my tampon.”

Xander paled at that and his hand reached for the knob, even Buffy was struck speechless at Willow’s tactics, the girl still called a penis a pen 15 for fuck sake!

Spike had only raised his eyebrow and smirked, smacking Xander’s hand away. “Don’t be fooled man; Willow’s only seeing red, not leaking it.”

“You’re a fucken’ pig dude” Xander said with distaste, “But a smart one.” At that the two men ran off giggling down the stairs, leaving the girls outside.

Buffy looked at Willow and smiled devilishly, “Good try Wills, I have an idea. Follow me.” She said and ran off to the front of the house with Willow on her heels. When they reached the front yard Buffy used her head to motion to the tree.

“You’re kidding right?” the red head gulped.
“Nope, follow me.”

Buffy started to climb the tree that would lead into her room, Willow in tow. They made it inside scratch and fall free and Buffy immediately went to her wardrobe.

“What are you looking for?” Willow whispered, so the men wouldn’t know they were inside.

“Aha” Buffy said triumphantly and pulled out 2 pairs of camo pants with matching bandanas, “Me and my friends went as soldiers for Halloween once, they left their clothes here when we came back that night. I never got around to shooting all the stuff out.”

“Do you have any balloons?” Willow asked.

“No, but I’ve got water guns” Buffy said with an evil smile.


Meanwhile downstairs:

Spike and Xander were sitting side by side as they clinked their beer bottles together in a cheer.

“To outwitting the ladies” Xan said with a very non-masculine giggle.

“The look on their faces was priceless man” Spike laughed out. “And Red, didn’t think she had it in her to say something like that, it’s really not like her.”

“Ya, in all the years I’ve known her, she’s never said anything as personal as that, she would have passed out with the effort of it.”

Spike and Xander’s eyes clashed, “You uh…you don’t think she was being serious do you?” Spike asked, suddenly unsure of whether or not their shy friend would have said something like that in jest.

“Um….”

“Bollocks!” Spike ran up the stairs to the back door, Xander right behind him, and stopped dead in his tracks when he saw the post it on the window.

‘One, two, we’re coming for you.”

Spike whipped his head to the front door and Xan ran to it, grabbing the post it stuck to it.

“Three, four, we’ve rigged the doors.” Xander read aloud and got goose bumps. Spike laughed at his friend.

“Come on Xan, do you really think they booby trapped the house. Let’s go outside and finish our beers.

The blood curdling scream Xander let loose when he touched the front door handle had Spike jumping out of his skin.
“What the bloody fucken’ hell Harris? You scared the shit out of me.”

Xander raised his hand and Spike scrunched his nose, “What the hell is that? Hair gel?”

Xander shrugged his shoulders and ran to the sink, God, he hated wet and slimy.

Spike reached for the backdoor handle, searching it first for any signs of tampering, and finding none, opened it.

“See mate, no worries” he managed to get out before Willow emerged from out of nowhere and held the water gun to his face before letting him have it with a stream of water…water that was unbelievably sticky.

“What the fuck? Is there hair gel in this too?...Xander, save yourself” he yelled as Xander ran past him into the pool shed, only to emerge a moment later with his hands held up in surrender, Buffy in the same camo pants and bikini top as Willow, only she was wearing a matching bandana.

“You girls are off you’re bloody rockers” Spike laughed out.

Buffy only raised a perfectly plucked eyebrow, and poking Xander in the back she urged him forward.

“Walk the plank” she ordered and Xander jumped onto the diving board.

Spike laughed, “What are you, mercenary pirates?”

He got a shot to the stomach of the odd hair gel/water mix and flinched, fuck, that shit felt nasty.

“You heard the girl, get on the fucken’ plank” Willow yelled out, momentarily shocking everyone into silence.

“Wow Wills, lookit’ you” Buffy said with pride and the seemingly shy girl blushed, pushing Spike onward until he was right behind Xander on the board/ plank.

“Any last words?” Buffy barked out.

“Tell Anya she’s hot” Xander pretended to sob out, not noticing the small figure of the woman walking into the backyard.

Anya cocked her head and regarded the situation with a smile, a gift for Buffy’s birthday in her hands.

“And you Spike?” Willow asked.

“Tell…tell my woman she’s one crazy ass lady”

At that both men jumped into the pool to wash off the sticky substance while the girls laughed, Anya decided that now was a good moment to make her presence known.

“Why couldn’t you just tell me yourself that you thought I was hot?” she called out and Xander froze in the middle of washing the gunk off his arms.

Buffy smiled, “Anya! What are you doing here?” she asked happily.

“Well I felt bad for not being able to come to your dinner so I thought I’d pop in today. I heard childish sounds back here and thought I’d investigate.”

Buffy laughed, “Well I’m glad you’re here, you have time to stick around for a bit, have supper with us?”

Anya’s eyes flicked to the still non-moving Xander, “I certainly do.”