Author's Chapter Notes:
thank you all for the incredible support.
Everyone emerged from the house cleaned and dry a few moments later, Spike and Xander immediately heading to the BBQ, meat in hand.

Anya eyed Xander appraisingly and then turned to the girls, “I think I understand man’s obsession with handling meat.”

Buffy arched an eyebrow and Willow giggled, “What’s that then?” Buffy inquired.

Anya took a sip of her drink before answering, “Well it’s a well established concept that size matters, and since it is illegal for a man to whip out his penis in public it is my belief that by handling large portions of animal flesh they believe they are showing their prey, that would be us, because we have vagina’s, that they are fully capable of feeding our sexual appetites by feeding our real appetites with their metaphorical penises.”

Buffy laughed and Willow turned beat red. “Um, I need to go…inside…now” the shy girl stammered out and went inside to splash some water on her face.

“You know you have a point Anya.”

The girl nodded, “Of course I do Buffy.” her eyes flicked to Xander who was roughly flipping a steak on the grill. “Is that how you would handle my labia?” Anya yelled, uncaring or unknowing to how psychotic she sounded, Buffy didn’t know which it was and Xander paled, yet again.

Spike just smiled as he slowly and gently applied the barbecue sauce to the meat he was preparing in long languid strokes as he winked at Buffy who shook her head and smiled while Anya walked over and grabbed the tongs from Xander to show him exactly how to pinch the steak gently before flipping it, as this would cause the blood to flow to the sensitive…steak, and ensure a great…meal, to the almost passing out Xander.

Buffy walked over and wrapped her arms around Spike, nestling her head on his chest. He squeezed her back and whispered, “Can’t wait to get you all to myself kitten.”

“Me either, today has been great but alone time with my stud sounds even better”

“Your stud huh?” he asked with a smirk.

“Yup, you’re my property now bitch” she teased with a giggle.

“Hey now, words hurt”

She laughed, “Want a beer?”

“Hmmm, sounds lovely.”

Buffy sauntered into the house and saw Willow sitting at the island on the phone with a dreamy smile on her face, patiently waiting for her friend to hang up.

When she saw the cell flip closed she almost barked out “Spill! Who was that?”

“Oz, you think it would be ok if he came over?”

“Of course Willow, we’re one penis down anyway, as Anya would say.”

Willow giggled, “She’s a strange girl, I’m still not over the last time we went to the Bronze and she told me the ultimate orgasm was achieved through, and I quote, “an incessant tapping on the clitoris accompanied by the shifting of the males hips to the right”.”

“I almost forgot about that” Buffy laughed, “I guess I got used to it, working with her almost everyday. What do you think of the idea of her and Xander?”

“I like it, you know I love Xan but sometimes he’s so prejudiced about things. I don’t see that lasting with her in the picture.

Buffy agreed and grabbed a handful of beers to bring out to her guests, “Coming back outside?” she asked Willow.

“I uh, think I’ll wait until Oz gets here and I have someone to hide behind” she said, only half in jest.

Buffy giggled, “Help yourself to whatever you want while you wait”, and with that she walked outside only to stop dead in her tracks at the sight of Anya licking a hotdog from top to bottom before shoving it in her mouth. She looked at Spike who just shrugged and leered, Xander leaning on the fence for support in rapt attention of the bluntest woman he’d ever met.

“So that’s how to relax your muscles for optimum swallowing.” Buffy heard as she approached the BBQ again and gave everyone a cold beer, which Xander immediately held to his flushed face.



~

Spike hummed quietly as he washed the dishes that were too big for the dishwasher and Buffy dried them, every so often one of them throwing a comfortable smile to the other.

When the lash dish was stacked in the rack Buffy turned to him, “You know, for a punky guy you turned out to be pretty domesticated” she teased.

He smiled, “Nothing wrong with enjoying clean things, whether or not you’re a punk. You, for example, don’t love electric pink, s’just a stereotype, like punks being unclean…though I’ve never heard that one before”

“Oh, I wasn’t trying to say you were a pig, though you are on some levels, I just never thought you’d let me see you cleaning in an apron.”

Spike scowled, “This is a vintage t-shirt, and I’m not letting it get all sudsy”

“So how do you wash it? With love?”

Buffy backed away giggling when he started to stalk towards her, an unreadable smile playing on his lips.

“I have it dry cleaned, along with all my other clothes and you, YOU are gonna’ get it.”

“But I didn’t do anything” Buffy squealed out and ran for the stairs only to be stopped when two strong arms wrapped around her and lifted her off the ground.

“Oh no, the big bad wolf has caught me, whatever shall I do?” She put on a show of pretending to struggle and he ate it up.

“Shouldn’t be walking through the woods lit…”

“I love you” she blurted out and pressed her now red face into his chest while he froze.

“What did you say ‘Lizbeth?” he choked out.

“Iloveyousomuchitscaresme.”

He smiled and pressed a kiss to the top of her head. “Don’t you think you should look a bloke in the eyes when saying something of monumental importance?”

A very reluctant and very blushing Buffy extracted herself from his arms and slowly raised her eyes to meet his.

“I love you so much it scares me Spike.”

His lips crashed onto hers a second later and he pulled away only to cup her face, look her in the eyes and say, “I need you to show me”

She nodded her head and bit her lip, taking his hand and leading him slowly to her bedroom. He would say it back sooner or later she reasoned, she would give him time to process everything. And while he was processing, she would show him exactly what he meant to her.


Chapter End Notes:
well this story will soon be coming to a close, hope you guys are liking it still.