Author's Chapter Notes:
you guys are incredible, the feedback for this is wonderful and made my day, thanks to everyone! hope you enjoy this chap too!
Moa, Anna, PhotographyNut, Katkin, cvc, Pet, Christina, JO, sexiespikelover, storm, ochit duzon, buffy25122003, blondiebear, Nichole, kassie, diceanntcry and Cissi, you guys made my day! This ones for you
xxx


“What the bloody fuck is wrong with you, you crazy bint?” Spike roared as he clutched his bleeding nose.

Buffy narrowed her eyes at him, “You show up after disappearing 10 fucken’ years ago with everything about you different, throw me into the side of a building and kiss me and think you’re NOT gonna get knocked in the face? What the fuck is wrong with YOU William?”

He silenced himself and looked down.

He heard a tiny sigh and lifted his eyes, Buffy was a little bit closer to him now.

“I’m sorry, I shouldn’t have hit you Will, it was just...just the shock of it all I guess.”

“I get it pet, really I do...but fuck, I think I might need to head back in there” he said nodding to the Sunnydale emergency room entrance with a tiny smile.

She giggled. She giggled and all his pain went away.

He cleaned up his face as best he could with some napkins left over in his car from take out on long drives and looked over at her.

“Got some catching up to do, yeah?”

“Yeah” she said with a sad smile, a pause, “Will?”

“Ya kitten?”

“You and I never should have HAD to catch up” she said softly.

“I know princess, things got..difficult, to say the least. I let go of you in one way only, in every other way you’ve been with me all these years. And I’m sorry I kissed you like that, I guess the shock and emotions got to me too but fuck Elizabeth...we found each other again”

He saw the sheen of her watery eyes and felt his own misting over.

“I know...I always knew we would.”

He smiled and went to open her door.

“Can I drive?”
“Sure thing pet.”
‘What could the harm be?’ he thought to himself.


20 minutes later he stepped out of the car on shaky legs, his face whiter than his hair.

“You okay?” Buffy asked with a clueless smile.

“Ya pet, just threw up im my mouth a l’il bit is all.”

Buffy grimaced then snorted, “Wimp.”

“Hey now pet, I’ve seen “when sharks attack” where the person had more of a chance to live than I did!”

She stuck out her tongue and nodded her head towards the door, “Coming in?”

He smiled and followed her up the stairs and into the different but still familiar living room.

“Some things don’t change do they ‘Lizbeth?”

She took a moment before answering, “You’re right, some things don’t, but so much does at the same time. I go by Buffy now, you go by Spike. You have whiter than white hair instead of mousy brown, you don’t wear glasses or plaid...”

“You’re not fat” he blurted out before he could stop himself. He got ready for another crack to the face and was surprised when she just laughed instead.

“There’s that too.” she agreed amicably.

They sat down together on the couch, close enough to touch though neither one did.

“So what happened Wi..Spike?” she asked with her large green eyes full of curiosity and pain. “Why’d you leave me behind?”

He took a deep breath, this was gonna be difficult but he owed the chit an explanation.

“Ten years ago my mum got sick and my ‘Da got into trouble with the wrong kind of people when he borrowed money for her treatment. He couldn’t pay them back on time, though he did eventually, interest included and a little extra to make sure no animosity remained. When we ran, we ran back to England. Mum did better for a little while, we thought seeing her home would make her feel livelier and healthier, and it did, for a short time at least. It was nice to see her with color in her cheeks again, ya know?”

Buffy nodded silently, how alike these two still were after all these years.

“She passed away in her sleep one night...god, she looked so beautiful when we found her Buffy. I swear to god she was smiling.” he said with a small one of his own. “By that time I had started school and ‘Da had started a new business. When I graduated I came back to the States to give life in LA a go. Da’ is still in England and his business is growing fast, turns out he’s a financial wizard. From in debt to rich in almost no time.”

“I’m sorry to hear about Jenny Spike, I loved her very much.”

He nodded gently, it was almost imperceptible and then he looked her in the eyes. “She loved you too kitten, like the daughter she never had. She left you something in her will, don’t right know what it is, but I’ll have ‘Da send it down as soon as I tell him I ran into you...and you’re fist.” he added with a chuckle.

Buffy grinned, “I am sorry about that...about everything Spike” she said and took his hand, holding it lightly.

He gave it a small squeeze and then looked at her with wide eyes. “In the market, you said...”

She knew where he was going, “Ya, mom passed away not too long ago, painlessly the doctors told me at least. I found her on the couch.” Her voice was almost a whisper.

Spike looked down at the cushions they were currently sitting on.

She looked at him and shook her head, “Not this one, I redid the whole living room after that, I couldn’t be in here with...”

He nodded his understanding and she continued. “Dad passed away too, not so long after mom. I’m on the brink of getting my inheritance so things are finally starting to look up, things are good.”

He didn’t even react when Buffy told him Hank had died, that bastard had never once been there for his baby girl, didn’t even deserve to call her daughter, but his heart bled for the loss of Joyce, he had truly loved that woman.

“I’m sorry for your losses Buffy.”

She looked at him with shining eyes, “Me too, but I’m happy for what I have right now too... Spike, why didn’t you ever try to contact me?”

He sighed, “It was dangerous in the beginning kitten, if the men after my dad had found out he could get to us through you and Joyce....well, we had to lay low to say the least. When things got cleared up, well, I figured too much time had passed to make you dredge up bad memories.” he said with a shrug of his slumping shoulders.

“You where my best friend Spike, I don’t have any bad memories to dredge up, just old ones to cheer me up.”

“And new ones to make?” he asked so hopefully that Buffy’s heart melted.

“And new ones to make” she agreed. “There’s still getting to know each other over again” she added as an after thought.

He nodded and then broke into a wide smile, “You know, we are, by school ground laws, still technically married.”

Her eyes went wide and a smile graced her face at the memory.


****
The sun shone down on the two small children and a soft breeze gently rocked the nearby swings.

“I do”

“I do”

William and Elizabeth looked at Mr Minister, a large stuffed monkey William’s father had gotten Elizabeth for her birthday, as if for a silent confirmation that this was real. William stuck out his hand and Elizabeth shook it.

“So it’s settled then William.” she said firmly.

He nodded his head. “ And if we ever want to get divorced we have to come back here and kiss” he said, his face scrunching up in distaste.

Both nine year olds ran out of the park holding hands and screeching “Ewwwwww”, both of them knowing that if the cost of a divorce was something so cooty infested, neither one of them where going to do it... EVER!


****

Buffy’s cell phone rang snapping her out of her reverie, Spike saw the name on the caller i.d as he went to pass it to her and smiled. “Mind if I get this kitten?”

She nodded her okay and he pressed the speaker phone button.

“Hello?” came the perky voice he knew so well, though it had matured.

“Hey there.”

“You’re not Buffy” came the confused voice.

“I’m not Brad Pitt either but you don’t have to sound so disappointed” he said with a smirk and Buffy covered her mouth to muffle the sound of her laughter.

“I’m sorry, I must have the wrong number” came the now shy voice.

“Oh come on Red, are you really gonna give up that easily?” he pushed.

“Did you just call me Red?”

“That I did.”

A beat.

“WILLIAMMMMMM” came the excited high pitched screech.

Buffy leaned back against the couch and smiled, this was gonna be one interesting summer. She gave him another appreciative look over, deaf to the conversation he and Willow where having. An interesting summer indeed!



Soooo, whatcha think? Lemme know if you have the time, ill try to post another chappy on Monday, till then, have yourselves a great weekend guys!