Author's Chapter Notes:
i know it's been a while, but sadly school must come first, thankfully i'm almost done the hard part of intensive summer classes (sigh lol)
Buffy woke up with a smile on her face, her birthday had gone so well she almost couldn’t believe it…what she could remember at least.

Spike had asked her to dance and so they had, laughing and twirling and drinking entirely too much, at least she had she remembered with a grimace.

“Better slow down kitten”
“Think you’ve had enough now.”
“You’re drunk sweets, better stop throwing em’ back.”
“You don’t look so well.”
“FUCK NOT IN THE CAR….(sigh), feel better pet?”

“Oh no” Buffy cried out as she sat up in bed noticing she was still in her hot dress…only hot dress wasn’t looking so good, and neither was she.

“Okay Summers, get your ass out of bed and take a shower, then apologize to Will…Spike for puking in his car like a 15 year old chess geek whose protein shake got spiked…”

She grabbed a towel and headed for the shower, grabbing some black short shorts of the very short variety and a white wife-beater, too tired to dress too nicely but smart enough to show some skin for added “sorry” to the “I’m sorry I barfed in your baby” scenario…at the last thought she scrunched her nose, that didn’t sound right at all.

Spike smiled to himself when he heard the water turn off and poured a second cup of coffee, oh was this going to be worth having to dish out 200$ to have his car cleaned out professionally, he didn’t mind about the cash, it was the principal of the matter he thought with a gleam in his eye. He heard her footsteps on the stairs and put his cell phone to his ear, she didn’t need to know no one was on the other end of the call.

“WHAT?????”

Buffy winced at the tone of his voice, shrill, panicky almost.

“But I only dropped her off 2 hours ago, how is she missing, she’s a bloody car!?!” Spike gave Buffy a nod hello and pointed to the coffee, “But…banditos?”

Buffy peaked out the window quickly and saw the Desoto in the driveway before letting out a loud gasp of “surprise” at Spike’s words.

“They had what now? Guns, big ones? And they tied up your son who was cleaning it? Oh my god, is everyone ok?Who got shot? Oh no…yes, yes of course, I’ll give the police a statement and contact my insurance right away. I hope you’re wife regains consciousness. Ok…Ok, bye.”

Buffy widened her eyes and bit her lip, “I’m so sorry Spike…this is…this is all my fault” she wailed and fell to the floor ‘sobbing’.

“Oh bloody fuck, its ok ducks, just playing a joke yeah? No need to cry now, shhh”

Buffy clutched onto him as if he were a lifeline, “Why (gasp) would (gasp) you (sob) do that (hic)?”

“I’m a bad bad man kitten I’m sorry” he said soothingly while rubbing her back.

“Yup” she said with a smile and jumped up, flouncing over to the kitchen island and grabbing her coffee, “Hmmm, smells divine.”

Spike stayed on the floor, legs spread out, back against the counter and smirked at her, “You’re the devil in disguise ‘Lizbeth, anyone ever tell you that?”

She smirked back, “Only you, I like to think it makes us closer. We both drive each other crazy, it’s our bond.” She put her now finished coffee mug in the sink and jumped up on the kitchen island, swinging her legs.

“So, what do you want to do today?” Spike asked.

“What do you mean? What’s today?”

“The day we celebrate your birthday puke free” he laughed out.

She poked her tongue out at him and giggled, “I really am sorry about last night, I don’t get like that all the time I swear, I was just having such a good time, and the gift and company was so fantastic…I just lost control I guess.”

“Well, that’s a god given right on your birthday kitten.”

She smiled, “I’m thinking we just call Willow and Xander and have a nice alcohol free pool not-so-much-a-party-but-a-get-together?

“Sounds good ‘Lizbeth, I’ll call them now and tell them to pop on by, they called earlier this morning but you were recoveri…sleeping.”

“Ha bloody ha Spike” she pouted.

“Did you just say bloody?” he laughingly asked.

“Yes.”

“Oh, lookit’ that lip, gonna’ get it…” He jumped up from his seat on the floor and picked her up in a hug from the island.
Buffy felt like she was short on breath when she pulled back slightly in his arms and saw the look on his face. God, she was so lucky to know this man.

“Penny for your thoughts…”

“I was just thinking how lucky I am to have you back in my life, i mean what if..."

“I feel the same.” he interrupted, "and no what if's right now OK?"he asked and rested his chin on top of her head.

“So…why haven’t you kiss…”before she could even finish her sentence he had hoisted her back up onto the island and slipped between her legs while his lips desperately found hers. Her hands traveled down his back and pulled him in as close as possible, leaving light scratches in his skin and when she bit down gently on his lips his hands came up to tangle in her hair as if kissing her was the most important thing in the world at that moment and it warmed her to feel his obvious adoration.

“God I want you Buffy” he whispered after pulling away for breath, “So beautiful.”

“You’re beautiful too…” she said and he smirked, “Hey now, no calling the man girly things.”

“Fine you ruggedly handsome outdoors-y type of lumberjack stud”

“S’ better” he laughed, then added “sarcastic bint”

He pressed a light kiss to her lips, “Better get the gang over here before I ravage you some more.”

“What if I want to be ravaged?” she asked defiantly and puffed out her chest a bit, showing off "the goods" and trying to look sultry.

He pointed a finger at her and dialed Xander’s number with the other, “YOU, Buffy Summers, are going to fucken’ kill me one day!”

she smiled brightly, "Yup"