Author's Chapter Notes:
slaymehard is the bestest beta ever!

Italics=internal monologue.
Buffy led Spike into a large, green room. Spike smiled and looked at Buffy.

Same color as her eyes

As if she could read his mind, Buffy grinned in response.

“Do you like the color?”

He chuckled and grabbed her hands in his own, drawing her close to him.

“Course I do, pet.”

“I would have used blue, but after I described how you look to Callie, she decided that her room was going to be the color of your eyes, and she didn’t want to share it with anyone.”

She laughed as they sat on the edge of the large bed.

“She really is a lot like you, Spike. Her expressions…the way she thinks, it was like you were here with us sometimes.”

“ ‘m here now, pet.”

“I know,” she said, resting her head on his shoulder, and curling her legs over his, “you really have no idea how much I’ve missed you, Spike.”

“I’ve missed you too…just thought you would be better off remembering me dying as a Champion. It was nice to think that you had a good image of me as your last.”

“And you don’t think I had the right to choose what that image was? Spike…I could never…uh. Nothing could change my good opinion of you. You took care of me when I came back from heaven, you took care of Dawn when I couldn’t, you…. You’ve been the only person to be there for me no matter how poorly I treated you.”

Spike snickered lightly, and gently patted Buffy’s hands.

“Motherhood has made you a lot smarter, pet.”

“Hey! Are you saying I was dumb before? Because this little Hallmark moment can hurt if….”

He covered her mouth in a rough kiss before she could finish. As he broke it, he smiled at her reaction.

“Not saying that at all, pet, it just seems that now you’ve got all your ducks in a row.”

“I’m done baking.”

“Pardon?”

”Oh, never mind…ask Angel sometime”

“I’d rather keep my conversations with the Poofter to a minimum, love.”

Buffy’s thrillingly melodic laugh permeated the room. Her eyes sparkled at Spike, and she stood about him, straddled over his lap. He could feel his arousal hardening beneath her, but restrained himself from acting on his instincts. Buffy slowly began to strip off her clothes, hanging her thin tank top around his neck, playfully. He was pleased to see she wasn’t wearing a bra. Almost the instant that her tight jeans hit the floor, Spike’s basic instincts took over, and he swept her up in his arms. He planted soft kisses all over her body before gently tossing her onto the bed. His duster, t-shirt, and jeans, lay crumpled on the floor in an instant, and he quickly joined her on the soft mattress.

For moments that seemed like an eternity, they stared into each other’s eyes in silence. Spike broke the spell as he thrust into Buffy’s wetness. Their former silence now forgotten, Buffy and Spike moaned out in ecstasy with every fluid motion. Buffy caught Spike’s gaze and breathlessly spoke.

“I’m yours Spike…in every way but one.”

Spike’s eyes searched Buffy’s for her meaning. He felt himself nearly spill over as Buffy’s blunt teeth bit into his throat, drawing a few drops of blood, which glistened on her lips. She licked the drops off quickly.

“You’re mine Spike…make me yours.”

Without another moment for thought, Spike’s vampiric mask emerged and his sharp teeth pierced into Buffy’s neck, covering the marks left by the Master, Angel, and Dracula.

“You’re mine Buffy.”

Spike’s vision blurred as his orgasm flooded over him. His deep thrusts were all Buffy needed to send her over the brink as well. Heaving in unison, Spike rolled over to Buffy’s side and gazed at her lovingly, though he was met with a slightly distant glimmer in her eyes.

“Buffy, love, do you know what we just did?”

She nodded as she trailed a finger down his sweat-soaked chest.

“Why do you think I wanted to get you alone so quickly? It’s all I’ve thought about since….”

“Since when, pet?”

She blushed and giggled nervously, curling her body into his, and pulling the covers over them.

“Since forever ago. I love you Spike. And I want everyone to know it.”

“Love you too, pet. You all right, though? You’re acting kind of…squirmy.”

“I’m just tired. It’s been a very long time since I’ve….”

“Oh, yeah. Right. That. Forgot, pet. You’d better rest now. We do have a lot of catching up to do.”
She smiled as she closed her eyes. Spike put his arm around her and watched her chest rise and fall for minutes that seemed like hours, before finally closing his own eyes, and relaxing. Spike couldn’t quiet the tugging thought in his head.

What’d she mean by all that?


--

When Buffy awoke, Spike was gone. She bolted out of her bed when she heard Callie’s high-pitched scream echo through the house. She was at her daughter’s side in seconds before she realized the reason for her scream. Callie teetered on a chair a few feet away from Spike, who was holding a small, green snake by its head. Buffy’s heart rate slowed as Callie hopped down and threw her arms around her.

“Oh, Mummy! Papa saved me from the snake! He was much braver than you’d be!”

Buffy sighed and nodded at her daughter.

“I’m just like you, sweetheart, at least about snakes. Icky is so not us, is it?”

“They are icky Mummy…but I think I want to keep him!”

Spike grinned evilly and walked toward her, thrusting the snake near Callie.

“Oh, you aren’t scared anymore then, poppet? Here, then. You can hold him for a while!”

With an “eep,” Callie was back up on the chair, squirming.

“No, Papa! I want to keep him in a cage! Far, far away from my hands! I don’t want to touch him! Eeew!!”

Spike shook his head, and suppressed a smile.

“Tsk, tsk, poppet. That’s not very nice. Would you want to live in a cage all day just because someone bigger’n you thought you were icky?”

Callie shuffled her feet sadly, and sat down on the chair.

“No….”

“Alright then. Do you want to take him outside and let
him go in the garden?”

“Yes….”

“Good girl. Buffy, could you….”

Sucking in a determined breath, Buffy took a hold of the snake, and Callie’s tiny hand in one fell swoop, and ran out into the yard. Far enough away from the window to avoid the sun, Spike watched as Buffy heaved the snake into the weeds, before scooping Callie into her arms and running back into the house, screaming all the way. Spike sighed, and folded his arms as they entered.

“Glad to see you’ve still retained your Slayer bravery.”
Buffy scowled at Spike as Callie tugged on his t-shirt.

“Papa? Why couldn’t you take the snake outside? You’re much braver than Mummy.”

“Because, poppet, I can’t go out in the sun.”

“Oh. Is that because you’re an albatross?”

“What?”

“I saw a movie about a boy who couldn’t go out in the
sun because he was an albatross.”

Buffy laughed and gave Callie a quick hug.

“Albino, honey. You mean albino.”

“Oh. Well is that what Papa is?”

“No, poppet,” Spike said, “but it is kind of similar.”

“Callie,” Buffy said, “do you remember when we were watching Sesame Street, and the Count came on?”

Callie nodded.

“So, Papa is a puppet?”

Images of Angel’s brief forte into puppet-life flashed in Spike’s mind, and he smirked.

“No, poppet, I’m a vampire.”

“Oh. You don’t eat anyone do you Papa?”

“Not anymore. But if anyone hurts you, I might.”

Callie giggled and enveloped him in as full of a hug as
her tiny arms could muster.

“Good. Mummy, is it alright if I go play with Aunt Willow now?”

“Of course, sweetheart, would you tell her that I need to talk to her later?”

“Yes, Mummy.”

Callie ran out of the room, on her tiptoes, humming happily.

“You really are a good mother, pet.”

“And you’re not so bad yourself.”

“Excuse me. I’m no mother.”

“You know what I meant.”

“Right. Can we talk ‘bout last night, pet?”

“Sure, I guess. What’s up?”

“Buffy. Don’t be so flippant…that was a big deal…I…we claimed each other, pet.”

“I know. I kind of expected more hoopla with it.”

“Yeah, pet, so did I. That’s what worries me. Did you really want to do that?”

“Of course…why?”

“Because, pet, these things tend to foul up if they aren’t done properly.”

Before Buffy could open her mouth, Willow’s loud voice shattered their moment.

“Buffy! Callie just said you wanted me…did you trick him into claiming….”

Her voice dropped as she entered the kitchen, and she realized Spike was in the room.

“Oh…hi, Spike.”

His brows furrowed in a mix of rage and heartbreak. He fixed his broken, watery gaze on Buffy.

“You wanted to, eh?”

Spike stormed out of the kitchen and into the closest doorway, which lead to the basement. Tears fell freely
from Buffy’s eyes as the slamming of the door echoed through the house. Willow turned to her and stammered, trying to console her friend.

“Oh…Buffy…I’m so sorry…I just…I thought you were alone.”

“It’s alright Wills. I don’t think it worked anyway.”

“What do you mean?”

“Spike said…there…there was just nothing, Willow. I’ve wanted Spike since before he died…I’ve loved him since before then. That’s why I haven’t even looked at any guys here…I just…I didn’t want him to think I was only doing it for Callie’s future, for the prophecy, but I couldn’t tell him about it, and now….”

“Buffy, I know. But maybe it’s just because you didn’t tell him.”

“What do you mean?”

“Maybe your heart knew that if you weren’t being completely honest, you shouldn’t start a commitment like that. No sense hiding things from him before your claim…you can’t hide anything from him after it, you know.”

--

Spike cried out as he punched a wall in the basement.
That BITCH! That lying, scheming…Gods! You’re no better. Who are you fooling, you idiot? No one, that’s who. And now, instead of shagging her, you’re down her punching a wall. Big, scary idiot. How can you expect her to be honest when you can’t? Gods…why can’t anything be easy for us, for once???