It was The First.

Everything they had done, everyone they had lost, was for nothing. The girls, Anya, all gone. Dead for nothing.

Because The First stood before her.

It had to be The First, because only something that evil would torment her like this.

By looking like Him.

And she hated it, she loathed it, and It would suffer, she would find a way. Because it took something from her, and she would have vengeance for him.

She didn't even think of the fact she hadn't trained in months, didn't stop to think of the armies it could raise. All she could think of was getting it out of His face.

She was deafened by her own wails, and blinded by her tears. She couldn't get the light out of her mind, his sacrifice, his death, all for nothing.

But when it said her name in His voice, she didn't think at all, because it reached out and touched her face.

And she looked at it cleary for the first time.

Eyes as stormy as the sea, shining with something The First could never feel.

And when she threw herself at it, He caught her.

When they sank to the floor tangled in each other, and soaked with tears, she was still wailing, but this time it was a thanks, to anyone who would listen, for bringing Him back to her.