When they found them that night, they were wrapped around each other on the floor, sound asleep, with Spike flat on his back, and Buffy sprawled across his chest. It was a shock to them to see him, but a relief as well. Dawn wanted to wake him and hold him, apologize for the way she had left things, but she couldn't disturb them. So she laid down beside him on the floor, and draped her arm across Buffy's back. She heard the muffled sound of Xander's jaw as it snapped closed and felt the weight of his jacket as he spread it over her. She whispered "thank you" without ever taking her eyes from Spike's sleeping face. The way they had fallen had them laying right in front of the stairway, so she listened as Xander skirted around them and made his way up the stairs, mumbling something about "runs in the family". It was too much of a shock for her to fall alseep right then, so she rested her head on her elbow and looked at them. Spike's t-shirt was soaked, and Buffy's make up was running, but the oddest of it all was the tears that were still streaming from their closed eyes. So Dawn closed her eyes and let her own tears lull her to sleep.

The first thing he noticed when he awoke, was the hard marble floor he was resting on. The second thing was the light weight resting on his chest, pressing him into said floor. Buffy. He thought back to yesterday, when she opened the door and saw him there. The tears and the heartwrenching sobs, but it was the anger and the pure hatred in her eyes that had him paralyzed. Baring her teeth, fists clenching, the pure savagery he saw there. He knew what she thought he was, so he carefully and slowly reached out to caress her face as he whispered her name. When she first threw herself at him he didn't what to do, until he saw her eyes. He saw the pain there, but it was the love in them that brought her to him. She wrapped herself around him like a snake, but he didn't mind, he held her even tighter. Thinking back on the night before, he tried to remember the words that were said, and it was weird, because he couldn't remember her ever saying anything, except thank you. There for a little while he was afraid she was going to pass out, because she was crying and breathing so hard. A soft snore broke him out of his thoughts, and he was suprised to find that it didn't come from the girl on his chest, but the brunette clinging to his left arm. Dawn. He smiled as he looked at her young face, thinking what a beauty she was, his little bit. He felt Buffy shift, and her breath on his neck an instant before her lips touched the same spot. He smiled down at her and saw that her eyes were starting to tear up yet again.
"Hey now, no more tears." He whispered while gently wiping the tears away with his fingers. "I'm here now." She smiled at him then, and he could feel his soul warm at the beautiful sight. This is what I died for. And with that thought he frowned, thinking of his death, and then his resurrection, knowing she would want answers. But he himself wanted answers, he didn't know why he was here. He was for certain that when the dust fell, he was gonna get hot. But yet, here he was, in the arms of his love, with his little love by his side. He remembered dying, remembered the pain and the heat. But then, it wasn't scorching anymore. It was warm and gentle and it soothed him. He remembered thinking surely he wasn't in hell, because hell dosen't have grass, right? He opened his eyes then to look at his surroundings. Grass, trees, birds, and then he noticed the sun. He panicked at first and broke into a dead run for the saftey of the shadows, when he realized he was just laying in the sun and not burning. Confusion and fear ran through him, where was he? Why wasn't he in hell? Wasn't that were demons like him went when they met their end? And at that thought he vamped, and when he felt his features shift he could see more clearly, hear the things in the forest, the squirrels and birds, and then he heard it. His heart. It was beating, his heart was beating and his face was vamped, what was he? And just where was he for that matter.

He realized as the second car drove by him honking, that he was naked. Well, there wasn't anything he could do about it, so he just smirked and waved as the cars passed him, horns blaring. What he didn't expect was the sleek, blacked out Viper that pulled onto the shoulder behind him. And he sure as hell wasn't expecting the hearty chuckles and familiar brown eyes that peaked out at him from a cracked window. "Um, I think that's illegal, William." Was all Angel could manage to spit out between laughs. "Yeah, shut up. You big ponce." Spike growled while getting in the car. That started a whole new round of laughter, which he had to wait out, sulking on the leather seat. Finally Angel's laughs died down enough to pull back on the road, although the smile never left his face. "How did you know, where I was? And where am I?" He said as he looked out window, trying to figure it out himself. "Outskirts of Sunnydale, or what was Sunnydale." Angel said as he glanced over at the nude man beside him. Still the same. "Hey! Eyes on the bloody road, Peaches!" Spike yelled as he caught Angel's wandering eyes. Angel snorted, "It's not like I haven't seen it before." He glanced at Spike who had his hands in his lap, and he was pretty sure that was a blush staining his cheeks. "Yeah, but that was a long time ago, a lifetime. A different lifetime." He said thinking back on their pre-soul days. "And you didn't answer my question." "The Senior Partners." Spike frowned at this, "The what?" Angel fidgeted in his seat before answering. "The Senior Partners, the head of Wolfram and Hart, the law firm, I, uh, I run." He glanced at Spike who was sitting back trying to take in this information. "Since when are you a lawyer?" Angel smiled at the look on his face. "Look, it's a long story. The Senior Partners know things, and they just happen to let it slip about a certain champion's resurrection." Spike was beyond confused now, Angel running a law firm? He pushed that weird concept out of his mind and focused on what Angel was saying. "They don't know why or how, because believe me, I asked them." Spike snorted at that. "They just knew you were returning, and sent me after you." Angel tried to gauge the expression on Spike's face, confusion, disbelief, and fear ranked supreme. Angel jumped when Spike lunged forward and grabbed his arm, "Buffy! Where is she? Did she make it? Oh God, Buffy! I didn't even - Where is she??" Angel put a calming hand on the one that had his forearm in a vice grip. "Calm down. She made it, she's okay." Spike fell back in the seat exhaling, and scrubbing a hand across his face. "Thank God for that. Where is she?" Angel looked at Spike's relieved face and debated whether to tell him or not. But then he remembered Buffy's face when they stopped in LA. Devastated and defeated, her beautiful green eyes dead and lifeless, where they once sparkled. He had to tell him, because he knew. Buffy wasn't his anymore, and she hadn't been for a long time. "Point Arena. It's up North, she lives up there with Dawn and Xander." Spike sat back and took this information in. Point Arena, he liked the sound of it. It sounded like a good place to call home.

So now, here he was, laying on the floor in her house, with her sprawled on top of him.

He was home.