Author's Chapter Notes:
I'm sorry it's taking long, but like i said before I know as much as you do. I write as I go.
“Oh my God!!!” Buffy screeched. Spike lifted his head from the bench that he was laying on, and looked at Buffy. “What is it, luv?” he asked, only partly concerned.

“Have you seen this toilet?!” He groaned and laid back down. “No seriously, Spike! It’s brown and I think it’s some demon spawn.” “Then get away from the bleedin’ thing!” Spike snarked. Buffy ‘humph’ed’ and marched back over to the bench and plopped down. “I hate you.” She pouted. “Feelin’s mutual.” Spike mumbled. Buffy sighed.

They stayed that way for hours. Then Carson came back, occupied by the black, female cop. “Well it looks like you get a little break.” Carson called. Spike sat up and Buffy turned around. “What do you mean?” Buffy asked. “Well your friend’s bailed you out. But you’re not off the hook.” Buffy’s shoulders slumped. Carson unlocked the door and stepped aside.

Buffy and Spike got up and walked out the door. “Follow me and I’ll sign you out.” They followed the female cop and she signed them out and gave them back their belongings. “Oh, what about my car?” Spike asked. “In the pound.” “What?! You put my beauty in the pound with those rottin’ cars?!” Spike yelled. “Yea! You got arrested and we can’t leave it out there. If you want it you’ll have to go the pound and pick it up.” Spike growled. “Spike, don’t.” Buffy grabbed his arm and pulled him out of the station.

In front of them was a huge crowd of reporters and photographers. “Oh, bloody hell.” Spike groaned. He grabbed Buffy close to him and wrapped his duster around her as he led them through the thick crowd.

When Spike got halfway through the crowd he felt someone grab him and yank him through. He looked up and was about to protest when he saw who it was. “He- Oh it’s you.” He said. “Nice to see you too.” Angel said. Buffy peeked out from Spike’s duster and saw the limo. “That for us?” she asked. Angel nodded. Buffy rushed to it and hopped in, Spike and Angel soon joined her.

Once inside the limo started to move away from the station. “I don’t know how to thank you enough, Angel.” Buffy said. Angel gave her a soft smile. “Don’t thank me yet, you’re not out of the woods yet.” Buffy groaned. “Yea, that wanker was tellin’ us that. So what’s goin’ on?” Spike asked.

“Well you still have to go to trail for all of the charges. There maybe some that we can get you off of, but…. It’s very likely that it won’t happen. This is a different trail then what we’ve probably seen. There is no jury and hardly any witnesses sitting behind you. This is you against the judge.” Angel explained. “Great. So there’s no chance in hell we’re getting out of this?” Buffy asked. “I didn’t say that, I said it was slim pickings.”

“Well this is bloody great. First we get arrested, then my car gets in pounded and then we get to go to jai-“ Spike stopped himself as realization dawned on him. “Bloody hell!!” He yelled. Buffy jumped and Angel just frowned. “What?!” Buffy asked. Spike looked at Angel. “How in the hell is this going to work if I go to jail, mate. I’m a vampire, I need blood.” Spike said. “That’s one of the things we’re working on incase it gets that far.” Angel said. “Bloody hell.” Spike leaned back against the seat and put his hand over his face. “Also, your car isn’t in the pound anymore. Gunn got it out. It’s at Buffy’s house now.” Spike didn’t even seem to care as something else popped into his head.

Buffy can’t go to jail. I’ve seen what they do to those chits. I know Buffy can probably handle herself but still…. And how in the bloody hell are we going to be able to stand being apart from each other. Spike thought. Then he mentally sighed. Angel I suggest you work whatever evil forces you have in that law firm of yours, ‘cause we’re gonna need it.

**********************

Somewhere in BWI Airport…………

“Riley!” He stopped and turned around. He sighed when he saw his wife. He rushed to her and grabbed her hand. “God, I thought I lost you!” Sam sighed in relief. “Yea, me too. I didn’t think BWI would be this crowded.” Riley said. “Yea, but it doesn’t change the fact of why we’re here?” Sam said. Riley looked around. He need to rest. “Over here.” He led her to a little eatery place and they sat down at one of the tables.

“I need to help Buffy. It’s bad enough that Spike got her in trouble, like usual, but she needs help. I know how Spike can be. The bastard.” Riley clenched his fist at the memories. Sam gripped his fist. “I know that Riley, but it’s not our place. She’s the Slayer. She can handle herself.” Sam said. “Against demons, yea! But she’s going against humans and the law. Buffy needs all the help she can get.” He said. Sam sighed. She knew there was no way she could get him to back down from this. No matter what happens between us he’s always thinking about her. I should be jealous and pissed off at him, but really…I pity him. He just doesn’t see the fact that Buffy’s moved on. Maybe this trip will help him see that. Sam thought.

“We need to find out connecting flight to Austin, Texas if we want to get there to get a good hotel room.” Sam nodded. All of this flying was making them a bit weary. “Okay, come on.” She got up and followed Riley to the flight board that listed all of the flights boarding, connecting and departing. Yea, just maybe it’ll change his mind.

************************

Sunnydale, Buffy’s house, in the basement………..

“Spike what did you want? You know the others are think something’s up if they know you called me down here.” Angel said. “I don’t give a bloody fuck what they think. You and I need to talk…heart to heart.” Angel frowned. Him and Spike had never had a heart to heart before. But he only knew one thing. “Buffy.” Spike nodded.

“Angelus, we’ve got a real problem on our hands. Buffy can not go to jail.” Spike said. “I know that, William.” Angel snarked at Spike for using his name. “But I don’t see what the huge deal is.” Spike sighed.

“Listen, you and I have been ‘round for a long bloody time. We’ve seen things and done things that we both wish we hadn't now. Includin’ what goes on behind prison walls.” Angel’s eyes grew wide with realization. “I know she’s the Slayer and all that rot, but it’s Buffy. She wouldn’t hurt anythin’ that’s harmless unless she had to. And the women in those places….” “They kill.” Angel finished. Spike nodded.

“Buffy wouldn’t even kill Glory when she reverted back to her human stage as Ben! Giles had to do it. Buffy can not kill a person. And we can’t put her in a position that’ll allow it.” Spike said. “Then what the hell do you expect me to do about it, Spike? I’m not a magician I can’t just make her disappear until this blows over.” Angel said. “I know that, Angel. I’m not askin’ you to do that. ‘M askin’ you to blame me.” Angel’s jaw dropped.

“I’m sorry, I think I went crazy for a moment. It sounded like you said blame you.” Angel said. “’Cause it’s what I said. Blame everything on me. Make it seem as if I did this. That I pushed her to do it even as she refused over and over. Make sound as if…as if I practically raped her or pressured her into doin’ this! Bloody hell I don’t care!!! But just make sure I get the fall for it.” Spike said.

“You do realize, that if you do this and if it works…you’ll be put away for a long time.” Spike shrugged. “I’ve got nothin’ but time, Peaches.” Spike said with a smile that never reached his eyes. Angel just looked at his granchilde with…awe? Wait, where in the hell did awe come from? Asked a nagging voice in the back of Angel’s said. Because it’s true. Spike has been able to give her more than I ever could. Angel thought. Spike saw that Angel wasn’t completely believing him. “Buffy is everything to me, Angel. I’d give her the bloody sun if she asked me!” Angel nodded. He clapped Spike on the back and they headed back upstairs.

To their vulnerable fate. Either this plan would or wouldn’t work. But as they each thought about their own aspect if the plan they didn’t know that Riley and Sam would be there either with help or hinder them. But they’ll soon find out.


A/N: OH MY GOD!!!! This is killing me!!! Not really, but I am going crazy with this story.