Author's Chapter Notes:
Please review! Took lots of heat last time so would appreciate some nice stuff!! LOL
JUST PERFECT

One Year Later.

The kitchen was in chaos. Boxes of breakfast cereal littered the table and cartons of milk splashed their contents as the ten girls jostled to reach the sort they wanted, all talking at once. Spike walked into the kitchen, took one look at the scene and turned on his heel, running up the three flights of stairs to the kitchen in Giles’ apartment.

“Morning, Rupe!” he said as he walked in, “Mind if I join you up here? The slayers look like they’re trashing the place downstairs and I didn’t fancy my chances.” He grinned at Giles.

“No, of course not, help yourself. Where’s Buffy?”

“Her turn to get Joy up. She’ll be on the slayers’ backs no doubt and will get them to settle down as soon as she goes in there. She’s pretty scary when she wants to be,” laughed Spike. “They just don’t take any notice of me outside of the training room.”

Giles smiled at Spike, amused that he didn’t realise why they behaved like that around him. It was the same with every new slayer - they all fell in love with him. Buffy stamped her authority on them so they knew he belonged to her and Joy and no one else.

“Yes, she can be,” agreed Giles, having been the object of her wrath on more than one occasion in the past.

Spike ate his breakfast, looked at his watch and got up.

“Well, once more into the breach,” he quipped, and he went back downstairs.

A quick glance at the kitchen proved that Buffy had been there - it was spotless. He chuckled as he walked past. All the young slayers’ eyes were on Spike as he walked into the training room but as usual he didn’t notice, he only had eyes for his two girls. He gave Joy a kiss as she was pushed past him in her stroller, being cared for by Carole for the morning, and joined Buffy in front of the group. He put his arms around her as he stood behind her and kissed her neck before letting go and standing at her side.

Buffy gave him a bit of a ‘look’, thinking it wasn’t very professional behaviour but loving the fact that he really was immune to the charms of the girls, not noticing how they practically swooned in his presence.

“Hi, girls,” he said, and was rewarded with a chorus of ‘hi’s’ and giggles.

“Right, let’s get down to work. This morning we’re working on hand to hand, so get into pairs and we’ll get started,” said Buffy.

Spike smiled to himself. This was going to be a good day. He was going to get to manhandle the missus!

Oooooooooooo

By the time they broke for lunch everyone was exhausted. Buffy and Spike ate lunch with the slayers, Buffy’s presence keeping the girls in check. Carole brought Joy in to them just as they were finishing up. Carole had been identified as one of the slayers and had come for training but hadn’t really been able to come to terms with her calling. So she now doubled up as nanny to Joy and kept the trainees in check in their quarters on the first floor. She’d proved herself indispensable and no one at the Council could believe they’d ever coped without her. Joy loved her and even though Spike and Buffy tried to spend as much time as possible with her, now she was getting a bit older she needed more attention than they could give when they were working.

Buffy and Spike had the afternoon off as the slayers were going through the Watchers’ Diaries with Giles and Andrew. It was the session that included the history of the notorious vampire, William the Bloody. Spike always enjoyed the next day, watching the reactions of the girls. Up to that point they didn’t know he used to be a vampire, just that he was the Council’s resident vampire expert.

It was a beautiful day, sunny and bright but being early December it was cold. The wind cut its way through you, as though too lazy to go around. Buffy and Spike wrapped up Joy in layers of warm clothing, a little fleece cap with ears on it finishing it off.

“She looks good enough to eat,” said Spike with a smile, “Well, not literally, I mean..er…..” his words trailed off, smile fading as he recalled when he was a vampire in pre-soul days he would have happily snacked on her. He always did prefer veal.

Buffy just laughed at him, knowing as always the conflicts within him. His bloody past had no relevance to her these days but it still caused Spike disquiet.

“I know what you mean, you dope!” smiled Buffy.

For a moment Spike stood there looking ashamed, his soul still seared with the ones he’d killed. It was less so now that he was human but the past was still there. He wished the Eukaryote had taken those memories instead of the ones of Buffy. Then he gave a little shrug, pulled himself together, put his hands on the bar of the stroller and off they went for their walk in the park.

“Uh oh!” said Buffy, as she caught the hat that Joy had just pulled off and dropped.

She picked it up and put it back on her daughter’s head.

“You’ve got to have it on Joy, it’s too cold.”

“Mama,” said Joy wisely, looking up at her with her huge blue eyes that were exactly the same colour as her father’s.

Buffy kissed her on the end of her nose and they set off again. They soon arrived at their favourite park. Spike unstrapped Joy, took her out of her stroller and put her down on the path. As soon as her feet touched the ground she was off, walking happily along, the hat once more being taken off.

“What is it with her and that bloody hat?” said Spike as he put it on his furiously wriggling daughter.

“It’s the ears, she knows how silly she looks,” laughed Buffy. The hat had been bought by Spike and it still tickled Buffy when he did things like that, such seriously non-vampire behaviour. She’d known him for so long as one and had loved him as one too. The way he doted on both Joy and herself and relished being human again was just amazing. He was the perfect partner, the perfect dad.

The three of them walked along blissfully unaware that they were being observed.

Johnny was standing, carefully avoiding any direct sunlight, and watching as they walked along holding hands. Spike pushed the stroller with his free hand and Joy walked in front of them.

“Soon,” he said quietly, “Soon.”

To be continued…………..