THE TRAP

A couple of weeks later and Andrew was on his way out to meet up with Johnny again when he bumped into Spike in the hallway.

“Off out again?” asked Spike, “What’s that, the fourth time? You’re getting to be a regular theatre goer.”

“Yes ……well, I like going,” said Andrew, a touch defensively.

“No worries, mate. Do you good to get out. Trust me, I wish I could go with you - get away from a houseful of shrieking slayers,” joked Spike, “Have fun, see you later.”

Andrew met Johnny in the restaurant as usual. They enjoyed the meal. Johnny regaled backstage stories from various theatres while Andrew listened in awe, impressed by his friend’s knowledge of all things theatrical. He could name which theatre any actor Andrew mentioned had made their debut in.

“How do you remember all this? Some of it’s from ages ago,” asked Andrew.

“It’s been my hobby for years,” said Johnny, thinking that as he’d been around eighty years he had seen most of it first hand.

After the play Johnny asked Andrew if he’d like to have a drink at his place instead of finding a pub.

“I’ve got lots of theatre memorabilia there.”

“That’d be cool,” agreed Andrew readily.

When they reached Johnny’s house, he took Andrew through to the sitting room. Photos of stage actors adorned the walls and tickets dating back for years were framed alongside the photographs. Andrew wandered around the room, drink in hand.

“They’re all signed to Johnny,” he said, “even the really old ones.”

“Family name,” replied Johnny, “ the first born son’s always called Johnny.”

“Oh right,” said Andrew, but he started to feel uneasy. “Well, it’s late. I’d better be going.”

“I don’t think so, Andrew,” replied Johnny calmly.

Andrew made a bolt for the door. Just as he got to it, it was flung open and a tall slim woman stood there. He was just about to go past her when she growled and showed her vampire face, her hand grabbing his throat.

“Good timing, Princess,” said Johnny.

“Where do you think you’re going? Pixies told me you’ve been with my Sweet William. Are they telling me lies or have you been with him?”

Andrew, barely able to speak, gasped, “William? You mean Spike?”

He’s not Spike anymore. Back to being William he is,” said Drusilla. She looked at Johnny, “but he will be Spike again soon, won’t he?”

Johnny was once more amazed that Drusilla knew of his plans.

“That’s right. We’re going to get him here and have some fun.”

Andrew looked over at Johnny knowing he’d been played. It was his fault Spike was in danger.

“Put him down, darling, before you kill him,” said Johnny.

Drusilla abruptly eased her grip on Andrew and he fell to the floor gasping like a fish out of water, holding his throat.

“Let’s get him tied up and then we can get Spike to come over. He’s bound to come to help the idiot.”

With that they carried him down to the cellar and tied him securely to a chair. Chained to one wall was a man of about twenty, slumped barely conscious. Johnny laughed when he saw Andrew’s face at the sight before him.

“That’s our buffet bar!” he joked, “Just in case we’re hungry in the daytime. It’s nearly empty, though, so perhaps you’d be a good replacement?”

oooooooooo

It was two in the morning when Spike was awoken by his cell phone ringing. He glanced over to Buffy as he picked it up, happy that it hadn’t woken her. He answered it and walked to the door of their room.

“Ullo?” he said, his voice thick with sleep.

“Spike.”

“Andrew? Do you know what time it is? What’s up?” He was still half asleep.

“I need your help Spike. I’m in trouble.”

Spike was instantly alert.

“What sort of trouble?”

“No, nothing like that, it’s just …I’ve been mugged. Can you help get me home?”

“Sure thing, mate. Are you okay though? Where are you?”

“Yeah, a bit bashed but okay. I’m at the phone booth on the corner of the park where you bring Joy.”

“I’m on my way,” said Spike and he put the phone down.

Poor old Andrew, he thought. He sounded really shaken up. Spike quickly got dressed and headed out of the door. He decided to run to the park - it wasn’t far he could be there quickly.

Johnny took the phone away from Andrew’s hand.

“Well done, Andrew. He’s on his way. So predictable.”

He pressed the point of the long dagger he’d held at Andrew’s throat into the flesh under his chin, drawing blood before taking it away.

Andrew sat there, tears in his eyes, but he’d been certain they’d kill him if he hadn’t done what he’d said.

Spike sprinted along the empty streets getting to the telephone booth in less than ten minutes. As he approached he could see a figure slumped at the side of it.

“Andrew?”

A movement caught his eye to the side of him. Too late - a vicious blow hit him squarely, knocking him out as he fell to the floor. Drusilla stood up from where she’d been couching.

“Tut, tut, tut, naughty daddy, been away so long.”

Johnny lifted the limp body of Spike and effortlessly carried him back to the house. Andrew looked up in dismay when he saw then carrying Spike into the cellar.

The pair of vampires laid Spike face down on the floor and tied his hands behind his back before shackling his feet to the wall. His feet were held off the floor by the chains. He’d be unable to move once he regained consciousness. Drusilla was in high spirits - she kept running her hands over Spike’s body.

“We’ll be a family again, my pretty boy,” she said.

Johnny glared at her, jealous of the way she was touching Spike.

“Come on, Princess, have something to eat and let’s get upstairs.” He took her by the hand and led her to the slumped figure chained to the wall.

“Not hungry. Too excited,” said Dru.

“Well, I am.” Johnny put on his demon face and sank his teeth into his victim, finally completely draining the poor boy.

Ooooooooooo

Andrew sat there tied to the chair looking around the cellar, trying to avoid the dead body still suspended by the chains. He was terrified he might be the next one to be chained there. Spike hadn’t moved since they’d brought him in but he could hear his breath wheezing slightly as he lay face down in the dust of the cellar floor so he knew he was alive. The cellar was about fifteen feet square and, apart from several places where manacles and chains hung down, it was bare, lit by a single bulb in the middle of the ceiling.

At one point another vampire came down and retrieved the body of the boy. He was a short stocky guy with his brown hair flicked up at the front with gel. He grinned at Andrew, vamp face showing, and prodded Spike with his foot, eliciting no response. He then carried the body up the wooden steps and out of the cellar. Andrew figured it must still be before dawn and that he was basically just taking out the trash.

A groan was heard, followed by another.

Andrew looked over to the prone body of his friend and saw it move slightly.

“Spike,” he said.

He just got another moan in response. Spike was trying to turn onto his side but was unable to do so because of the way his feet were tied about eighteen inches off the floor.

“Spike!” said Andrew urgently.

“Huh?” said Spike finally. He managed to lift his head a little and saw Andrew sitting there looking at him.

“Spike, come on, wake up,” insisted Andrew. Though quite what he thought he’d be able to do was anybody’s guess.

“….Andrew…..What……?”

He shook his head a little as if trying to clear his thoughts. His face went deathly pale and he passed out again for a minute or two. He was more lucid when he came to the second time.

“Andrew, where are we?” His voice was barely audible.

“At Johnny’s house,” said Andrew.

“Johnny? The guy you go to the theatre with?”

“Yes, but he’s a vampire and he tricked me and he made me phone you and he had a knife at my throat and he said he’d kill me and…..” Andrew gabbled.

“Stop!” said Spike, head throbbing and Andrew’s shrill voice was making it worse. “Slowly, mate. Quieter – head’s bit sore an all.”

“Oh? Sorry. God, Spike, it’s all my fault.”

Spike struggled again but couldn’t move from being on his stomach, hands tied so tightly he could feel the rope digging into his wrists.

“Why did they want me? How many are there?”

“I’ve only seen three, all vampires - Johnny, a woman and another guy who came in and took away…….er…..took away…..the body of their last meal,” he finished in a rush.

“Did they say anything about me?” insisted Spike.

“Er….well, nothing really….um….the woman said they’d be a family again, that soon Spike would be back.”

“What!” shouted Spike, wincing as his head throbbed in protest, “What does the woman look like?” he asked with his heart in his mouth ‘please God, don’t let it be who I think it is.’

“She’s tall, thin, dark hair. Kept going on about pixies.”

“Oh Christ!” said Spike kicking futilely at his chains.

“What is it, Spike?” asked Andrew in panic. He hadn’t ever seen Spike look so scared, not even when he faced down Gordy the vampire as they escaped the clutches of the Immortal.

“Drusilla,” Spike spoke softly.

“Dru…..but she’s…” Andrew’s voice tailed off as he realised what the consequences would be.

“Yeah, she’s the one that if she turns me I’m back to being a soulless vampire with no get out of jail free cards left.” He slumped in defeat. “Let’s hope they just want to kill me and have done with it,” he continued, knowing that that wasn’t the plan otherwise he’d be dead already.

“Oh my God,” cried Andrew.

“Andrew, look, you’ve got to get free. Can you do it? Try as hard as you can,” said Spike urgently.

Andrew struggled in vain at his restraints but after ten minutes gave up, the knots getting tighter rather than working loose. They both tensed as they heard the door open and two people came down the stairs.

“Well, well, well,” said Johnny, “he’s awake.”

Drusilla ran over to Spike. He tried to move out of her grasp as she knelt beside him but couldn’t.

“Oh my sweet little William, back to how you were when we first met. Tell me some poetry,” she cooed.

“Piss off,” said Spike, wondering how the hell he’d been attracted to her at all.

“William’s not so sweet now,” said Dru sulkily.

She drew a long sharp fingernail across his cheek, a bright red trail of blood left in its wake. She leant forward and licked it off.

“Leave him be, Dru,” snarled Johnny, “It’s not time yet.”

She glared up at him. “But I am the other that gave birth to him.”

“Yes and you will be again, just not right now,” replied Johnny, confirming Spike’s worst fears.

“But I want a taste now,” said Drusilla, licking her way down to where Spike’s jugular vein was visibly throbbing in time with his racing heart.

Johnny looked at Drusilla in frustration. It was like having a baby around. He knew he’d have to humour her but wasn’t sure how long he’d keep her around once she’d done her job - she was just too unpredictable. But she could be amazing.

“Okay then, but only a little. It won’t do any good until later, so no point in taking too much now.”

She changed her pretty features into her demonic ones and bit into Spike’s neck. He grunted and tensed. She had a couple of mouthfuls then stopped. Lips still bloody, she put her mouth to Spike’s and kissed him.

He furiously spat away the taste of blood. She laughed at him.

“Soon you’ll be forgetting your little slayer, William. When Spike’s back good and proper he won’t want her anymore. It’ll be like the good times we had in China and New York. If you see a slayer you’ll want to kill her!”

Spike just glared at her, desperately trying to free his wrists.

“What about the boy? he said, “You’ve got me. You don’t need him any more.”

“We thought we might let him be your first meal,” laughed Johnny.

Spike and Andrew stared at each other both remembering that Spike had once tried to kill Andrew when under the influence of The First. Both knew than an unsouled vampire version of Spike would have no qualms about having another go.

“Come on, Dru, lets get some sleep. We’ll soon be busy.

As they left Spike looked up at Andrew, his expression bleak.

“If you get out of here and they turn me, tell the others to kill me. Tell them to hunt me down and kill me.

He made Andrew promise he would.

To be continued…………