HAPPY CHRISTMAS

Christmas Eve

A very subdued ‘Scooby Gang’ was gathered in the library of Giles’ apartment. The only members missing were Xander, who’d cancelled the trip over on hearing the news and, of course, Spike, although he probably wouldn’t appreciated being called a ‘Scooby’.

They’d never had so little to go on. They’d worked exhaustively trying to get leads on anything connected with the house, Spike, Johnny or Dru but had found out absolutely nothing.

Willow feared for Buffy - she’d never seen her as bad as this since she’d collapsed into herself when Glory had taken Dawn years ago. She wasn’t in quite that state yet but not far off. She had Joy to cling to but she reminded her of Spike so much Willow could see the effort it took Buffy to deal with her.

Joy was walking about the room looking behind the furniture.

“Where’s Dada?” she asked.

Buffy stifled a sob. Dawn leapt up and took Joy her favourite toy to distract her. Luckily it worked.

“God, if I knew he was dead it’d be easier than this,” said Buffy.

Andrew sat on the edge of the group. He’d barely been able to meet anyone’s eye since he’d been released from hospital, feeling almost suicidal that he’d been the cause of it all. How could he have been so stupid? No one had said it to him but he could see it on their faces.

Oooooooooo

Drusilla went down into the cellar. Johnny was still asleep, since they were just starting to get out of their nocturnal habits, only using the cover of darkness to feed. She knew Johnny didn’t want her going to see Spike but the connection between sire and the sired was strong. Johnny wasn’t much fun anymore. He was always shouting. She’d seen where he’d hidden the key to the basement and so here she was, unlocking the door and stepping down to see her one time lover.

Spike was sitting on the floor. He looked up at the sound of her steps, knowing it was Dru. He’d smelled her even before she’d opened the door. He was feeling pretty weak. The only blood he’d had since he’d turned was the little bit in the bottle and what little he’d managed to get out of Kev. Johnny was not worrying about quantities, just that he had enough to exist on.

“Drusilla,” he said as he got to his feet.

“Spike, my pretty Spike” cooed Drusilla. She went over to him, the pixies in her head telling her he wouldn’t harm her.

He stepped back against the wall, giving him more slack in his arms. She went closer, and he put his hand out and took hers.

“My black goddess,” he said softly.

She went in closer still and soon they were kissing with all the passion they’d had over a century ago and then some. Her hands went to his pants, opening them, and she fell to her knees before him. He ran his hands through her hair, groaning with the pleasure she was giving him. A noise from above startled Drusilla and she quickly got up, stroked Spike’s face and left, locking the door behind her. Spike was smiling as he fastened his pants. Drusilla would once again be his salvation, he was sure of it.

Ooooooooooo

Christmas Day

Joy saved Christmas that year, provoking smiles as she opened her presents - at one point preferring the box one was packaged in to its contents.

Xander phoned from LA and tried to jolly them all along but the fact that Spike was still missing cast a pall over the whole day. No slayers were there to keep everybody occupied as the next lot was not due until the New Year.

Willow suggested they hit research mode and see if anything could be done to restore Spike, should he be found as a vampire. She did this as much to keep them busy than in the hope they’d find anything that could be done. The prophecy had been pretty clear - soul lost, humanity forfeit. Still at least they were doing something.

Oooooooooooo

The door opened and Spike could smell fear along with the scent of Johnny and Dru. It excited him, making his vampire features appear. Between them Johnny and Drusilla were carrying a middle-aged man, who’d obviously been living on the streets, making him perfect prey. No one would miss him.

“Happy Christmas,” said Johnny, flinging the man at Spike’s feet.

Spike glared at him but quickly turned his attention to the prone man. He leant down and sank his teeth into the man’s neck, greedily drinking his blood.

“Don’t eat him all at once. You might want to save a bit for later,” laughed Johnny.

Spike stopped feeding for a moment and looked up at Johnny, blood running down his chin. Johnny shifted uncomfortably and turned to leave. He knew Spike wanted to kill him. He’d have to have a word with Merl about doing something about him. Spike resumed his feeding after they’d left, but he did leave a little life in the man. He’d drained enough to make him unconscious but he’d live for a day or two at least if Spike didn’t get hungry before then.

Much later the door opened again and Drusilla returned. She walked down the steps wearing just a thin silk nightdress. She looked amazing. She walked over to Spike and kissed him on the lips, hard, and he responded with fervour. He undid his pants then gripped her on her sides and lifted her up, their eyes looking deep into each other’s all the time. She put a hand on the wall above his head and he eased her up and down, the rhythm quickening to the moment they both climaxed. Afterwards they stood there holding each other.

“I need to be out of these chains, pet,” said Spike into her ear, “I need to be able to be with you.”

Dru looked up towards the door.

“But Johnny won’t like it…,” she started.

“I’ll take care of Johnny,” said Spike, kissing along her neck. “Tomorrow,” he murmured.

“I’m scared, Spike,” said Dru.

“You’ll never be scared again once I’m free,” said Spike.

She left, agreeing to find the keys to his shackles.

Spike sat there on the floor with his next meal lying there waiting for him, thinking it hadn’t been a bad Christmas after all.

To be continued……..