CHAPTER TWENTY-TWO - Auditions



1997
The Next Morning


BEEP!

BEEP!

Spike reached out and slapped the alarm clock off. He rolled over onto his side, pulling Buffy closer, spooning, her back to his chest.

Her eyes opened as she felt him place kisses along her neck. “Morning, sexy,” she said, turning her head to kiss him quickly.

He groaned, “Don’t wanna get up.”

And he really didn’t. Despite the duo’s amazing success at the BRITs last night, he was still expected to meet up at the studio with Angel and Lorne to audition a new back up band that would travel with them to the States in a month’s time and possibly work with them on their first world tour that was coming soon.

“I don’t want you to, either,” Buffy said, turning around completely to face him, propping herself up on her elbow.

Spike mirrored her position, leaning in to kiss her again. He ran a hand casually down her arm before tangling his fingers with hers that were resting on her hip. He brought her hand up to his lips and kissed it, finally resting it on against his chest, over his heart.

Suddenly, the phone rang, startling them both. Spike grabbed the phone off the nightstand.

“Yeah?”

He immediately pulled the phone away from his ear when the excited screaming came through.

Buffy giggled, hearing it. “Dawn?” she mouthed.

He nodded. Cautiously, he returned the phone to his ear.

“Why didn’t you call me?!” Dawn shrieked.

He groaned. He forgot that the award ceremony wouldn’t air on television until tonight. Dawn, he assumed, found out through the media. He sat up, running his free hand through his sleep-tousled hair. “I’m sorry, Lil’ Bit. I guess I was a little distracted.” He leered at Buffy, who giggled, burying her head in her pillow.

Dawn, who heard Buffy’s laughter, groaned, “Ugh. Never mind. I don’t want to know. But, seriously, Will, you guys, like, set the record.”

“Yeah? So I’ve heard.”

“Yep. Ten in one night. That’s never been done before. I am so tickled pink right now. I am going to be the envy of my classmates today.”

Spike chuckled, a little uncomfortable. “It’s not that big a deal, Dawn. I doubt it’d change anything.”

“Are you kidding? It could change everything.” She cleared her throat, sensing it could be an awkward conversation and tried to move forward. “So, I take it you haven’t told Mum and Dad yet?”

He sighed, “No. No, not yet.”

“Well, you better tell ‘em soon. Before they find out like I did.”

“I know. I am sorry about that, by the way. I’ll call ‘em on my way to the studio.”

“Okay. Well, I guess I’ll let you go. Congratulations. Say ‘hi’ to Buffy for me.”

“Thanks. And I will.”

They said their goodbyes and hung up. Spike placed the cordless phone back on the nightstand before turning back to his wife. He gave her another quick kiss.

Well, he intended for it to be a quick kiss. But Buffy’s hands grasped his head and held him as her tongue slipped in, tangling with his. He groaned and shifted, laying on his back on the bed, pulling her close, never breaking the kiss.

He gasped into her mouth when he felt her grasp his hardening cock, slowly pumping.

Breaking the kiss briefly, he smiled, “Why, Mrs. Giles, are you trying to seduce me?”

“Is it working?” she whispered against his lips.

He pretended to contemplate the matter at hand, “I suppose I could be persuaded to stick around a little longer.”

Buffy straddled him and, without preamble, impaled herself on his cock. Spike’s hands grasped her hips tightly, “Christ!”

She grinned. Her hands came to rest on his chest, steadying herself as she began a steady rhythm. Her head fell back as she swiveled her hips, his cock hitting that spot inside her. She gasped every time he filled her.

Spike’s hands couldn’t stay still for long. They moved up to cup her breasts, playing with her nipples. She fell forward, hands resting beside his head, as her pace began to quicken. He capture a nipple in his mouth and sucked.

She moaned loudly. He never ignored one for too long, moving back and forth between her breasts, rolling the nipples into tight nubbins.

Buffy started shaking and Spike knew that she was close. He pushed her up again, grasping her hips tightly as he thrust up against her harder. She watched him through half-closed lids, her rhythm never faltering. She smiled and he watched her fingers move to play with her clit. She rubbed it, applying pressure.

It wasn’t long before she was coming, falling forward as her walls massaged his cock. He roared and rolled them over, pumping fiercely before he joined her climax. Collapsing, he rolled off her, panting loudly.

“Love you,” she said.

He stole a kiss, “Love you, too.” They laid quietly together for a few moments, holding each other.

Glancing at the alarm clock, Spike groaned. “Well, duty calls and all. I’ll see you tonight. You go back to sleep,” he said quietly. He gave her another quick kiss.

He threw the sheets off and got up, heedless of his nudity. Buffy watched as he moved around the room, retrieving clothing. She called his name as he approached the bathroom door.

“Yeah?” he turned.

She smiled, “I am proud of you. You know that, right?”

He grinned and nodded, “I know, pet.”

*********


“So, where you’d go last night?” Spike asked as he seated himself beside Angel in the rehearsal studio.

Angel, meanwhile, looked apologetic, “Sorry. Didn’t mean to leave you stranded. Certainly wasn’t my intention. Just got a bit overwhelmed, you know?”

Spike nodded in understanding, “I know, mate. Really, I do.” However, he was also annoyed at Angel’s behavior, despite what he had told Buffy. “But, next time, could you, I don’t know, let me know? We‘re both in this together. We‘re a band. Not a solo act. I just need to make sure you‘re not gonna bloody abandon me again, because you don‘t like being the center of attention.”

Angel nodded, somewhat chastised, “Of course. I know that, Spike. Just give me some time to get used to all this. I‘ll try not to do that to you again.”

Spike didn’t want press the issue any further especially when they were about to spend the day, or next several days rather, auditioning their backup band. So he let him off, “Okay then.”


Lorne, who enlisted the help of Willow, was busy in the lobby, corralling the hopefuls. It seemed that way more people showed up than expected. Probably had to do with Acid Reign’s multiple wins last night. No doubt, there were a few crackpots in the crowd that weren’t serious about auditioning and Lorne knew Spike and Angel were trusting his instincts to pick them out and show them the door.

He and Willow looked at one another with a mix of apprehension and fear as they studied the seemingly ever-increasing group of musicians.

Taking a deep breath, Lorne spoke up, “Listen up, everyone.” The hopefuls quieted quickly. “Here’s what we’re going to do. I need you all to queue up and give this lovely lady -” he pointed to Willow, “your name and we’ll start getting this show on the road.”



Lorne opened the door and entered the room with an interesting looking man carrying a bass. The man had a mohawk with the tips dyed pink. Multiple piercings adorned his face, and numerous tattoos decorated his body. He was running his fingers down his goatee nervously.

“Angel, Spike, this here is Brad. Brad Henriks,” Lorne said.

The man approached the two, holding out his hand. “Pleased to meet you,” he said politely, shaking their hands.

“Let’s hear what you got,” Spike said.

As Brad began playing, Spike and Angel glanced at each other, both thinking the same thing. Today was going to be a very long day.

END CHAPTER TWENTY-TWO