Author's Chapter Notes:
This chapter is a little on the sappy side....

I was going to have this posted yesterday, but a group of friends and I decided to take a weekend trip to New Mexico...
CHAPTER FIVE - Do you?


July 1994


So…finally the day was here.

And the wedding.

It was to be a simple ceremony. Just close relatives and friends. Neither of them wanted anything bigger.

It was another nervous day for William since the split from Red Edge two weeks ago, and for more reasons. Not only was he marrying the girl of his dreams, but he was also meeting said girl’s parents for the first time.

Joyce and Hank saved for several months to have enough money to fly to London to watch their daughter get married, even though they shared similar reservations his parents did about the timing of the marriage.

William remembered when he told his parents he was getting married, the first thing they asked was “Is she pregnant?” Just as they did every time he called. Buffy’s parents asked the same when she phoned them.

But that didn’t matter. It was done. In the past.

Today was a day of celebration. And nothing could ruin that.


************


William was pacing the small bedroom as he waited for the ceremony to begin. His parents had finally decided to allow the wedding to take place in their backyard after much coaxing from both William and Buffy.

There was a quiet knock before the door opened and his sister’s head popped in, “William?”

“Yeah. What is it?”

Dawn entered the room, “Just thought I’d let you know that Mr. and Mrs. Summers are here. I’m assuming you’ll wanna meet them before you actually marry their only daughter.”

“Thank you, ‘Bit. I’ll-I’ll be down in a sec.”

“Okay. I’ll let them know.” She left, closing the door behind her.

William stood in front of the full-length mirror, taking in his appearance. His dress suit was impeccable. The black tie was perfectly straight, as he should know after spending the better part of an hour messing with it. His unruly locks were tamed, or as much as they could be. He took a deep breath.

Time to meet the future in-laws.

************


“Mr. and Mrs. Summers?”

Joyce and Hank turned around to face the young man in the dress suit.

“I take it you’d be William?” Hank asked.

William swallowed, trying to qualm his nerves. “Uh, yeah. Yes, I’m William Giles.” He held his hand out, grateful when Mr. Summers grasped it and gave a firm shake.

“I’m Hank.”

William gave a nod. And before he realized it, Mrs. Summers engulfed him in a hug. After his initial shock quickly wore off, he reciprocated the hug.

“It’s so nice to finally meet you. Buffy has been going on and on about you since the two of you met. She loves you,” Joyce said, smiling brightly as she pulled away from the impromptu hug.

William felt a smile widen on his face, “Feeling’s definitely mutual, Mrs. Summers.”

“Oh, please, call me Joyce.”

************


Buffy spun around in front of the mirror, surveying her dress. Dawn stood behind her, observing her reflection, having just entered the room. Buffy caught her eyes in the mirror and broke out into a smile.

“How do I look?”

“You look absolutely gorgeous and you know it. Will is going to go nuts when he sees your dress.”

If it was possible, Buffy’s smile grew even wider at the mention of her soon-to-be-husband. “God, I’m so happy. I can’t believe the day’s finally here.”

Her excitement was contagious and Dawn broke into an equally huge grin. “I’m happy for you, too. And William,” Dawn said. She leaned in conspiratorially, “You know, I really think you’re the one for my brother. You’ve really brought him out of his shell. He was quite the wallflower before he met you.”

The door opened and Anne stuck her head in, “Buffy, dear, it’s time. Are you ready?”

“Yep,” Buffy said, bobbing her head up and down ecstatically. “Let’s go get married.”

************


“I now pronounce you husband and wife. You may kiss your bride.”


************


The door to the room swung open easily. William turned to his new bride and, without warning, scooped her into his arms. Buffy let out a gasp, “Will! What are you doing?”

“Well, it’s tradition, isn’t it?” He stepped across the threshold to the hotel room. “No reason to mess with it.”

He placed her back on the ground and closed the door behind him. His hands moved to her waist and they stood there, feeling somewhat awkward.

Buffy gave a slightly nervous smile, “Now what?”

He chuckled slightly. “Feels different, doesn’t it?”

She gave a nod, “Yeah. That’s what I was thinking. But then, why should it? It’s not like we haven’t done this before.”

“Just not as husband and wife,” William said, with a smile.

His smile was contagious. “Yeah,” Buffy said, grinning widely. She wrapped her arms around his neck and pulled his lips to hers. And that was all it took to vanquish their nerves. William moaned into the kiss, as Buffy traced his lips with her tongue, begging entrance, which he eagerly granted. Lips fused, their hands began to wander. Buffy’s hands roamed across his shoulders, pushing his jacket out of the way. He released his hold on her briefly to shrug out of the jacket before replacing his hands against her back, moving to the zipper of her dress.

His kisses moved from her lips to her neck and jaw, lapping and nipping gently, as his hands deftly unzipped the dress and pushed the dress off her shoulders and to the ground. William pulled back to look at her, clad in only a pair of lacy panties. She blushed under his gaze.

“Beautiful. My beautiful, beautiful wife,” William whispered reverently as he once again closed the distance between them, pulling her in his arms, moving towards the bed.

************


William rolled over, gasping for breath, pulling Buffy close to him.

“Wow,” Buffy gasped as she laid her head on his chest.

He gave a small chuckle and the two fell into comfortable silence, each enjoying the new martial bliss.

“Sorry we can’t afford anything more than this,” William whispered, referring to the hotel room they were in. He had wanted to be able to take his wife to some exotic location, where they could spend the next two weeks alone. Just the two of them. Unfortunately, he couldn’t.

Buffy raised her head to look at him, “This? It doesn’t matter to me where we go. Or for how long. I just want to be with you. That’s all that matters.”

“You sure, pet?”

“Of course,” Buffy said, leaning in to kiss him.

“I promise though, luv, things will be different. They’ll change. And we’ll have more than just a weekend in a hotel room.”


END CHAPTER FIVE