Author's Chapter Notes:
It is highly recommended you read my first two Fanfics as this is the third part of a trilogy. Starting with "William The Bloody Is Back" followed by "The Thin Line Between Love & Hell".
Spike opens the portal knowing that he has to look for a Slayer he knew back in Sunnydale. He thinks of which of the potentials he helped train it could be. He steps out and finds himself by a bar and enters looking for someone he recognizes. He stands by the counter scanning the crowd for any sign of the Slayer. After awhile he finds the only female in the place playing pool bend over the table taking a shot. He walks over there and starts to recognize who it may be. He walks up behind her.

Faith: (turns around) So you got next…

Spike: That’s me…hello Faith…

Faith: (shocked) No fricking way…Spike that can’t be you man. (pushes him) Solid…whoa my mind is buzzing right now.

Spike: Trust me you’re not the first one. We need to talk.

Faith: This is not happening. I’ve got to be dreaming. Guys don’t just burn up in the Hellmouth and show up all like nothing happened.

Spike: I can explain but it would that too much bloody time and I don’t have it. Let’s go and talk and I’ll give you the quick run-down version.

So they walk over to sit at a table and order drinks while he tells her some of what has been going on.

Faith: So that’s all you’re going to tell me. You die, you comeback, die again, comeback again and now as a reaper for some dude named Dioxin. Well that’s definitely short and to the point. You’re going to have to fill in those blanks someday as I’d like to hear it.

Spike: One day I’ll give you the full version. But I need your help now. Dioxin has me gathering Slayers for his Hell dimension and now you’re next.

Faith: What! You’re here to take me next. I’m not going down without a fight.

Spike: It’s not quite what you think. I need you to trust me. (to himself) God, I’ve been saying that a lot lately. Look I’ve already got one Slayer there waiting for me to return and I need you to take care of her. I need you to make sure that both of you are safe. I know you much better and am sure that you can take care of both of you. She’s still green but a Slayer at heart. You need to watch out for her as I got one more Slayer to get after you. You have to follow me through the portal to Dioxin.

Faith: Wow you just keep blowing my mind Spike. Alright let me get this straight you want me to follow you to the Hell dimension and watch over another Slayer. So I just sit there looking pretty until you get back. That doesn’t sound like a very good plan to me. How are you going to get us out later?

Spike: Haven’t really thought that far ahead yet. I’m just playing this out as I go along. You have my word I will return and won’t leave you there.

Faith: (shakes her head) I’m going to regret this (finishes her shot) alright let’s go. But let’s make one thing clear the other Slayer and I come first. If there is any hint of trouble I’m busting the two of us out of there. Now you owe me one.

Spike: You got it. Let’s be on our way.

They step outside behind the bar and prepare to open the portal when he clocks her in the face to give her a black eye.

Faith: (grabs her face) What the Hell was that for!

Spike: I had to make it look like we just been in a fight. I’m sorry about that I probably should have given you fair bit of warning but what’s done is done.

Spike opens up the portal in front of them and motions for her to step in. Before she does she returns the favor and gives him a black eye. He opens his mouth to say something but before he does he stops and thinks about it for a second.

Spike: Oh yeah right.

They both go into the portal each sporting a black eye.

Cut to:
Buffy and the gang are in the meeting room and discuss the plan in which Willow uses all the blood to open up the portal. She tells them that she doesn’t want to risk anyone else and has to do it alone.

Buffy: I can’t risk losing another person to Dioxin and that Hell dimension. I’m going in alone and you all will just wait for us to come back. You guys are too important to me to possibly lose you to him. If I get stuck there then I can accept that. But I wouldn’t be able to forgive myself for that happening to one of you.

Dawn: We don’t want to lose you either and that’s why you are going to take someone with you. You need someone to help just in case something goes wrong.

Buffy: I don’t need your help and I can do this myself. What I need is your support here and now.

Giles: Need I remind you Buffy that we have to final say on this matter. Someone goes with you and that’s final or else this plan doesn’t happen at all.

Willow: Buffy we are going to have Kennedy go with you. You’re going to need another Slayer to watch your back in there. I would go instead but I have to stay here and keep the portal open.

Buffy: No, no Willow I can’t let you send Kennedy to do this. I know how much you love each other. This is something I have to do.

Willow: It’s Ok Buffy really. I’m fine. I trust her and I trust you. I know you two will make it back together.

Buffy: Thank you so much Will. I’ll make sure that she makes it back no matter what. Don’t worry.

Willow: I’m not worried. Who’s worried? I know all three of you will make it back.

They go back in the gym and prepare to open up the portal.

Cut to:
Spike throws Faith onto the ground to put up a good show for Dioxin and she is not too happy about it. Dioxin introduces himself to Faith and tells her why she is here. She just tells him shove it. He smiles and sends her away with Spike helping. She struggles as they drag her off. Once they reach the cells she is thrown into the cell next to Breanna.

Spike: Remember just sit tight until I return. I’ll be back soon.

Breanna: When are you going to let us go? Did you trick her too?

Faith: (to Breanna) I’m here to look after the both of us. I’m Faith and he didn’t trick me I came because I trust him. Listen Spike I’m only giving you a couple of hours and then I’m busting both of us out of here.

Spike: And go where exactly? This is a Hell dimension. There is no escape without me.

Faith: I don’t know Spike but it sure beats sticking around here. I was locked up before and told myself that it wasn’t going to happen again. You got two hours.

Spike: Bugger that (leaves).

Breanna: Haven’t we met before and oh by the way I’m Bree.

Faith: I think we did awhile back. It was our stupid annual Slayer get together.

Breanna: Oh yeah now I remember. So, do you think we are ever going to get out of here or he is going to keep on bringing Slayers back here?

Faith: He can be a real pain in the ass sometimes but I trust him. And don’t worry in exactly two hours I’ll bust us out of here if he doesn’t come back.

Breanna: How exactly can you tell the time? I don’t have a watch, do you?

Faith: Nope. I just go by reciting line by line my favorite movie. Works every time that’s how I passed the time when I was in prison.

Breanna: Really what movie?

Faith: Kind of embarrassing you know. If I tell you better not say a word to anyone or I’ll leave you here. It’s…Pretty Woman.

Breanna: (excited) I love that movie. Especially that part when she is getting all dressed up for the big party.

Faith: (equally as excited) I know plus that other part when she was…

They talk about the movie to pass the time while Spike goes back to Dioxin.

Dioxin: The time has finally come Spike. Like I told you before if you do what I’ve asked then you can see her again. You’ve done an excellent job as my reaper.

Spike: Finally, it’s all over then.

Dioxin: Yes, now go see her. (smiles) But remember to bring her back here afterwards.

Spike: (shocked) What do you mean? I thought you said it was over?

Dioxin: I told you that you can see her again but I didn’t tell you why. She is the last Slayer to be brought back here as she can no longer train any of the new Slayers and this should tip the balance back towards equilibrium. You can spend some time with her there before you bring her back if you wish but you must bring her back.

Spike: You have to be daff to think I would bring her back here. There is no way I would ever let Buffy come near this place again. I don’t care even if you throw me back into that bloody misery. It will never happen.

Dioxin: Haven’t you figured out by now that I always have what I want done. If you don’t want to do it then I can just send somebody else. Do you know why I choose you? It’s because of that soul of yours. You have control of your actions and don’t act upon impulse like all these other demons here. I could always send someone else but do you really want that. I would think that some of the demons here would simply just try to kill her rather than send her back here. They aren’t as easily controllable as you are. Make your decision now or I will test that resolve of yours and send you back into that torment you love so much.

Spike still refuses but then starts to realize that if he doesn’t do it some other demon will simply try to kill Buffy.

Spike: I’ll do it but not for you but for Buffy. I’m going so some other demon doesn’t go and off her. Tell me what will happen to her once she is here. You going to lock her up too?

Dioxin: That is really none of your business. But if must know I don’t plan to kill her. I only want a favor from her then I have no more need for her. Since neither of you can ever leave this place again I’ll make a special exception for you two. You can spend all eternity with each other. If she agrees to help me then it will happen. You can both be in the same cell together. If she refuses then both of you shall be tormented together instead.

Dioxin forces him to go now and he goes back through the portal. He ends up in front of the Slayer school.

Cut to:
The group is all in the gym and prepares to open the portal as they check to make sure there is enough blood. They pour all the blood into a giant bucket. They have Willow start the spell and she opens it and it is the same as before as it is not entirely stable.

Willow: Buffy this time for sure you have only a small window of time to get him. I’m thinking that it’s only about half an hour before it shuts then that’s it. Some of the blood is starting to go as we speak.

Buffy: You sure that Kennedy can enter too because there is only my blood in there.

Willow: That’s why I had Kennedy drop some blood in there too. Don’t worry she doesn’t need as much as yours just a few drops because that only applies to opening the portal. She can enter too now that she’s given up some blood.

Buffy: Guys this is not goodbye. I’m not saying goodbye and don’t tell me goodbye either. We all are coming back.

Buffy repeats this to everyone as she hugs them. She gives one last look at everyone as both she and Kennedy enter the portal. Seconds later Spike shows up being chased by Jaime. The group all focuses on Spike. In shock he realizes what is going on and runs toward them. Just as he does Willow loses focus and the portal closes. They then turn back around toward the portal and realize it’s gone.

Dawn: (panicking) Willow open it back up.

Willow: (stuttering) I…I…can’t. Some of the blood is already gone. I don’t have enough to open it again. I had to stay focused in order to keep it open. Oh no Buffy…Kennedy…they’re stuck there.

Spike runs up to them to tell them that they made a terrible mistake.

Spike: This is a bloody tragedy. I have to go back and get her.

Giles: (still in disbelief) Spike what the devil is going on? How did you manage to escape? Buffy just went back there to rescue you.

Spike: Rupert I don’t have time to explain. (pulls out the orb) I have to make sure she is safe.

Giles: What is that you’re holding?

Spike: This bloody thing is what allows me to get from there to here.

Willow: Wait a minute Spike. All you have to do is use that and you can travel over there.

Giles: Spike we need your help to rescue Buffy and Kennedy. They are both stuck there because of you but I’m not going into that right now. Look we need to figure out a plan so we can resolve this once and for all.

Spike realizes that he needs their help to break the hold that Dioxin has over him. He finally opens up about everything that has happened to him and what Dioxin has told him. They are shocked to hear it but then start to focus on rescuing Buffy and the rest of the Slayers.

Cut to:
Buffy and Kennedy have their hearts break as they see the portal has disappeared behind them. Kennedy breaks down and Buffy does her best to comfort her even though she is heart broken as well. They tell each other that they will find some way to get back and that they will force Dioxin to do it somehow as they have no other choice being stuck here. They walk for awhile as they don’t see anything but emptiness and the random demon stuck in the walls. They continue walking and see the temple in the distance and go to it. They see another demon guard and Buffy tells Kennedy to be ready but the demon simply steps aside as they approach. They continue walking into the temple cautiously as they finally reach the throne room where Dioxin is waiting for them.

Dioxin: (laughs) This is such a funny moment Slayers forgive me. (to Buffy) I sent someone to bring you back and it turns out I didn’t need to. You really are relentless Slayer. I guess there isn’t any stopping you from returning to me. I can finally proceed…

Buffy: We want Spike back and to be sent back home. Don’t think for one second that we are going to stop until that happens.

Dioxin: (laughs) You really are a feisty one Slayer making demands like that.

Dioxin says something in a demon language and dozens of demons storm the throne room and surround them.

Dioxin: Don’t be foolish Slayers. I have a near endless army. I simply want to have a talk with you Slayer. Let’s talk and maybe we can then discuss what will happen to you both. (points to Kennedy) Now take her away.

Kennedy tries to resist all the demons trying to grab her.

Buffy: (to Kennedy) Don’t fight this now. It will all work out.

They drag her away and throw her into a cell next to the other Slayers. Buffy and Dioxin begin to talk.

Buffy: I don’t have any reason to trust you so show me Spike and we can talk.

Dioxin: I will give him back to you if you promise to help me Slayer.

Buffy: How about I find you a nice juicy cow instead?

Dioxin: Listen to me Slayer this is something you need to consider seriously.

He tells her how the world works on the principle of balance of good and evil. The world must exist this way in order to function. He explains to her about the Slayers and how they could unbalance the world and leave it in chaos. He tells her that neither extreme can truly exist as one will always try to balance out the other. But also the world can never reach exact balance either because that is how the world was first created in the beginning. So he tells her that his master plan to be in control of both here and earth dimension.

Dioxin: You see I want to be in control of all afterlife of not only demons but humans as well. I want to make it so that humans end up here with me. Then I could be the afterlife lord of all beings. But in order to do that I need your help.

Buffy: Sounds Looney Tunes to me. How do you expect to do all that?

Dioxin: I am evil and know it but you can help me by balancing me. You can balance my essence to make me truly a neutral being. I have unlimited power in this dimension and can make it over any way I wish. I can change all the rules but my power can only be used here. In your world someone with my power can change the rules such as the afterlife but only one who is truly neutral in their essence. That is where you can help me. I need your power of good to balance me. Your essence of good is the only thing that is strong enough to balance me. All I have to do is copy your essence of good onto myself. Then as I stand in the portal that separates our worlds with one foot in each. I can channel my power from this dimension into yours and re-make it as I please. But I do promise you that the only thing I will change is the afterlife. Even though my essence will be neutral my consciousness will remain as long as a part of me is in this dimension.

Buffy: I won’t let you do any of that not even for Spike. I will fight you forever if I have too.

Dioxin: I could take it by force if I wanted to. The only way you would ever change that would be to turn yourself evil. Then you would be of no use to me. Do you really want that? Besides I have other forms of persuasion Slayer. If you don’t cooperate than you will have a long time to reconsider as your stay will be very unpleasant.

Dioxin again orders his demons to take her away as she resists but eventually drag her to her cell.

Cut to:
The group all discusses what they are going to do and they research what exactly the orb is and what it can do.

Willow: I’ve got something. This Orb of Isis is used as a gateway between dimensions. It’s the only form of travel that Dioxin has between his and our dimension.

Giles: So without this orb he is stuck there. Is there a way to destroy it?

Willow: Turns out that this is thing is not only pretty but also very fragile.

Spike: Pretty…?

Willow: Oh I’m sorry this is not the time for that. But yeah, also Dioxin was able to program the orb in his dimension to make it funnel demons to his dimension. Ordinarily demons wouldn’t have anywhere to go in particular.

Giles: We can destroy the orb and he would no longer have the ability to enter this dimension or any other one.

Spike: Most importantly I wouldn’t have to worry about going back there once I kick the old bucket. Sounds like a plan I go back there rescue Buffy and smash it once we get back.

Giles: In the most simplest of terms yes. He could be setting an ambush for you when you return as he has Buffy. He only needs now the orb.

Spike: Well I’m off then. Buffy would want me to go at it alone. She wouldn’t forgive me if I let one of you tag along.

Giles: We’ve heard that argument before entirely. You need someone to go with you. Perhaps…

Spike: You, how about you Rupert. You really want to go with me to a Hell dimension? I’ve seen things that you can’t bloody imagine and had to endure things that nearly drove me bonkers. So you want someone to go with me then it should be you.

Giles: I don’t like that idea either. We shall play this out your way it seems.

They all go back to the gym and he tries to tell them something reassuring but can’t so he goes back through the portal. He goes back to the dimension and ends up in front of the temple again. He walks back to Dioxin who is waiting for him.

Dioxin: You have accelerated my plans faster than I could have imagined. Now you can have your reward. She is all that stands in your way. I suggest that you have her cooperate with me so you can spend eternity together.

Spike: So this reaper business is over and no more running back and forth between dimensions. At least if I’m stuck in this sodding place I got Buffy to keep me company.

Dioxin: Bring her to me and then I can decide your fates together.

Spike turns around to leave but he is stopped by a demon guard.

Dioxin: Aren’t you forgetting something Spike…my orb. Give it to him.

Spike hands the orb to the demon guard who places it in his pouch. Spike turns back around and walks toward Dioxin.

Spike: Do you really intend to keep your end of the bargain?

Dioxin: Of course.

Spike bumps into the demon on his way out and steals back the orb without the demon noticing as the demon goes to Dioxin’s side. He goes to the prison to free the Slayers and immediately knocks out the demon guard there. He sees all the Slayers locked up and immediately goes to Buffy’s cell. They look into each others eyes and get lost for a moment then the others Slayers break it up.

Faith: Are you getting us out of here or what?

Breanna: Tell me that I am getting paid overtime for this mess.

Kennedy: Look I haven’t been here as long as them but I hate it here already so let us loose.

They snap out of it and he unlocks them all. They walk outside together.

Spike: You have to take this (hands Buffy the orb) get them back home. All you have to do to use it is to say the name of who you want to go to and it’s sends you right there. Just keep it open long enough for me to return.

Buffy: You’re not coming with…

Spike: I have to bring back an old friend. He’s counting on me and I told him I would once this was over. I’m sorry I can’t leave him here.

Buffy looks into his eyes and leans in to kiss him but is broken up by Faith.

Faith: I hate to be an insensitive bitch but we have to get out of here.

Buffy: (to Faith) Let me say goodbye first.

A tear rolls down Buffy’s cheek as Faith runs off. Spike wipes it away and motions for her to go. She runs off after the others but stops and turns around toward Spike.

Buffy: Promise me…

Spike smiles and walks off in the other direction not wanting to make a promise he can’t keep. Another tear falls down Buffy’s cheek as she turns around to catch up to the other Slayers. She tells them that he still has some business here he needs to take care of. They run until the temple is no longer in sight and Buffy uses the orb to open up the portal. One by one the Slayers jump through with Buffy being the last to enter. She pauses and looks back for Spike and doesn’t see him. Buffy wipes another tear away as she goes through. They end up back in front of the group in the Slayer school. They explain everything.

Giles: Buffy we need to destroy the orb now that you’re all back. It will stop him from traveling dimensions anymore. This is our best chance to stop him.

Buffy: Not everyone is back yet. Spike is coming back this time.

Giles: We can’t keep doing this Buffy. You have the chance to do the right thing however painful it maybe. These are the tough decisions in life that we all have to make. You have to let him go.

Buffy: Are you trying to make this decision for me again? I am not closing the portal until he is back. When are you ever going to trust me and start respecting my choices?

Giles: Buffy I can’t make this decision for you anymore. I will trust your judgment and your decision. But remember you aren’t the only one here. This decision will affect all of us.

Willow: Buffy whatever you decide is fine with me.

Dawn: We’ve waited this long might as well stick it out.

Kennedy: I got your back Buffy.

Faith: Your call B.

Breanna: This is nuts…you’re all nuts…but your in charge here.

Buffy looks around and makes her decision.

Buffy: It stays open and we wait for Spike. I need all of you to get weapons because I don’t know how long it will take for him to come back. Plus who knows what could come back through here. We have to be prepared for it.

Everyone goes off to pick up some weapons and wait for Spike to return.

Cut to:
Spike goes and looks for his old friend as he knows he doesn’t have much time. He continues to look for him then sees a small building in the distance and enters. Spike immediately finds who he is looking for as he comes running in his direction and spots him.

Clem: Spike, I need your help…something has been chasing me and I can’t lose them.

Spike: What?

They both hear something coming and Spike readies himself for what’s next. He’s shocked to find out what has been chasing Clem.

Spike: Cats! That’s run you’ve been running from?

Clem: I have to get out of here but I can’t leave.

Clem tries to leave but can’t as a barrier is preventing him from leaving. Spike grabs Clem as the cats are coming at them and pulls him outside through the barrier.

Spike: What the bloody Hell was that? Being chased by cats? Is that your idea of Hell?

Clem: Spike thank you so much for saving me. I’ve been running from them since I’ve been here. I’m terrified of cats.

Spike: We’re talking about cats. Little buggers who can’t possibly hurt you.

Clem: You don’t understand Spike. I’ve had some bad experiences when it comes to cats. Eating kittens is one thing but cats are totally different. Plus I think that I’ve eaten some of those cat’s kittens. They weren’t too happy about either.

Spike: I get stuck here and have to deal with bloody misery. You come here and get cats. Hardly seems fair at all. Dioxin that wanker let me have it.

Clem: What did you have to go through? Was it worst than cats hissing and coming at you?

Spike: (shakes his head) Not worth talking about now. Let’s be on our way out of this bloody dimension forever. (to himself) Cats…

They make their way back towards the portal. Elsewhere Dioxin knows something’s wrong and orders his guard to find them. They keep running toward the portal and run into the demon guard who is standing in front of the portal. Spike immediately fights the demon and Clem is standing there watching. He then tries to help and jumps onto the back of the demon who just throws him off. The ground is cracking beneath them as they fight and in the cracks lava starts to seep out. They keep fighting until the there is lava completely surrounding them as the ground they are on is now an island. But the island is shrinking rapidly. Clem ducks and gets on his hands and knee’s thinking it is the end and holds his head. Spike uses the opportunity to knock the demon backwards who falls back over Clem into the lava.

Spike: Thanks for you help.

Clem: Don’t mention it.

Suddenly Dioxin appears just in front of the portal.

Dioxin: You can’t leave. I told you before that you can’t leave this place. You are not going to escape my wrath.

Spike: No more Hell for me.

Spike proceeds to tackle him and they both go through the portal. The group is shocked to see them as the both get up. The Slayers and Spike all surround Dioxin who is just smiles.

Dioxin: It’s not over yet…

He motions toward the portal and they all see Clem run through scared. Then suddenly half dozen demons comes racing through the portal then they all fight. Spike and Buffy fight Dioxin while the others fight the other demons. Slowly each of the demons is defeated and all disappear once they are killed. Buffy and Spike have Dioxin beaten as he doesn’t have much hand-to-hand combat skill.

Dioxin: I will never quit until my plan is realized. I will have the last laugh.

Dioxin runs back into the portal. Buffy quickly pulls out the orb and steps on it. The portal disappears and now Dioxin is stuck in his dimension. They now know that Dioxin’s hold on Spike’s future is gone as well. Everyone is relieved that it is all over finally. After everyone checks on one another Buffy and Spike gravitate toward each other. They look into each others eyes and Buffy cries as they hold each other. The others slowly walk away talking amongst themselves leaving them in privacy.

Buffy: You had me so worried that you weren’t coming back. What were you doing back there?

Spike: I had a bit of a feline problem I had to sort out and I never seen so many bloody cats before.

Buffy: Cats…you had to fight some cats? Why cats?

Spike: Does it really matter? I never thought I would know this feeling again…holding you.

Buffy: I held out hope even when nobody else did. I fought so hard for this and I’m not letting go this time.

They hold each other as the world passes by around them. No more words are spoken for hours as they just enjoy the feeling of being in each others arms again.

Cut to:
They are back in Buffy’s room and they talk about everything that has happened. They are both lying down in her bed.

Buffy: The things I’ve done since you’ve been back in my life again…I don’t know if I’ve gone crazy or what but I think it was still worth it.

Spike: It was no easier for me luv. I’ve done some bloody things that I soon rather forget. I was also on the brink of losing it too.

Buffy: How did we get here? The past few weeks have been a complete blur. I don’t think my heart has known so much pain and sorrow. It’s like some part of me doesn’t feel like it’s over.

Spike: I don’t know either pet. When I died in the Hellmouth I thought I was happy. I did the right thing and finished the job. But I also knew that it was the proper send off for me. Then I came back for the first time. I ended up in LA a bloody ghost with no place to go. After I got my body back I wanted to go and see you again. At that time I didn’t know if you really loved me or not especially after all those times you let me have it. So I wanted your last image of me to be of a hero and a champion who gave his life for the good fight. That’s why I never came back sooner except one time I came looking for you.

Buffy: You did? How come I never heard about it?

Spike: Every time that I showed up looking for you I only saw that wanker Andrew. It was like we weren’t meant to see each other yet as our paths never crossed. Almost like it was supposed to happen in these past few weeks or so that we would meet again.

Buffy: That dumbass never told me you visited. But then again I hadn’t really talked to him much the time he stayed here. We were both too busy. Maybe it was good that we didn’t meet. I was going through a rough time there and I don’t think anyone could have helped me through it. I had to pull myself out of it.

Spike: Then this bloody mess with Dioxin started. Having to become William the bloody again wasn’t a pleasant experience. I hate having to believe your first image of me coming back was that of him.

Buffy: Spike like I told you before I know that wasn’t you. That was just someone who died long ago.

Spike: What happens next is I finally get my soul back again only to do the dumbest thing by leaving you again. A lot of good that did me as you had to watch me die right in front of you. Then Dioxin has me reliving all these sodding memories. I almost let him beat me but then you showed up only to have that bloody portal close on me. After that it only got worst for me there.

Buffy: What was it he had you go through after I was gone?

Spike: Not bleeding cats that’s for sure. It hurts too much to even talk about. Then he has me running around gathering demons and Slayers for his dimension. Only to try and get me to bring you back. I had come to try and get your help but you had already gone back there after me. All this mess when you think about it is completely bonkers.

Buffy: I don’t know if this is some perverse dream or what but I’ve never been happier. Will you be there when I wake up this time?

Spike: No. (Buffy looks sad) I will be there every time you wake…always.

Buffy: I love you…

Spike: I know…there’s no need to say it (Buffy starts to tear up) I can see it in your eyes luv.

Buffy: Is this real?

Spike: I don’t know (kisses her).

Buffy: (smiles) Real enough.

They enjoy a nice long laugh together. They are finally able to be happy again. Each knows that one loves the other and is willing to do anything to be back together.



fin




Yes this is the true finale of my story arc that started with William The Bloody Is Back. I never imagined that I would write a FanFic and let alone three. But this story finally gets its happy ending after everything that each other have gone through. This story ends as a trilogy and I thought it would never make it past one as I had no idea where this story was going to take me. I always intended for the my first FanFic to be a standalone but as I got into it more and more decided to continue the story. Then with my second one I was content on leaving it there but then started to think about this one and decided to finish it. I only considered writing this one if I felt it was good enough to be part of a trilogy. My first FanFic was meant to be dark and then with my second one I went even further. With this one I intended to go back to the level I established in the first one. But hopefully this story will satisfy everyone in its ending and I hope everyone enjoyed reading it as much as I enjoyed writing it. So again I ask for your criticisms like my other FanFics. Did you love or hate it. Any and all feedback is appreciated. Thanks for reading.











Mr. Gordo: (speaking childlike) Wow I can’t believe that Buffy is happy again. She was always so sad since Spike had gone away. I always knew that she loved him. She never told me for forever but I knew. I knew he was back all along but couldn’t tell Buffy. When he left again I couldn’t tell her why. Buffy had to find out for herself. I don’t know why she told me to never leave her. I’m staying right here. All that stuff that happened afterwards I couldn’t watch her do that. She hurt herself so much to get him back. In the end Buffy is happy and if she’s happy then I’m happy.

Buffy walks into her room startled as she sees Mr. Gordo in the middle of the bed and is shocked by what she just saw.

Buffy: (confused) Mr…Gordo…?






I wanted this scene left open for interpretation. Is this a dream or is this reality. If this is a dream then the whole story arc from the beginning was a dream. If this is reality then how does a stuffed animal talk. It’s really up to you the reader to interpret it as you see it. But this ending is like “Normal Again”. You could make an argument either way. But it will remain ambiguous.