Author's Chapter Notes:
Sorry for so long between updates.
Xmas and new year sort of distracted me but I'm back in the saddle now... so on we go.
Hey all you lurkers... how about you review, even if it's only to rant at me about the unnecessary angst.
Or maybe a word or two to let me know if you are still interested.
Buffy was shaking. She could feel her anger and possessiveness twisting and turning in her gut, and it was taking every bit of control she had not to wipe the smirk off the other slayers face.


She felt Spike’s instant agitation at the other girls’ arrival, and out of the corner of her eye, she noted her sisters fists clench in an echo of her own instinctive desire to attack.


Her eyes narrowed, as Faith’s gaze locked with hers before darting to meet the vampires.


When Spike moved past her and took the dark haired slayers arm, Buffy couldn’t suppress the growl that had been building in her chest any longer.



Spike found himself in the unenviable position of being both worried, and at the same time glad to see the other slayer.

Worried, because Faith and Buffy had never played well together at the best of times, and glad of the fact that she was there to act as a buffer between himself and the woman who had broken him in every way possible.


Taking Faiths’ arm, his intention was to pull her in close as a gesture of solidarity. However, Spike found himself pulling her behind him, as Buffy let out, what his demon was quick to interpret as a growl of rage.



Startled blue eyes took in furious hazel, the expression on her normally beautiful features not one he could ever remember seeing, in all the years he had known her.

He thought he’d seen, (more often than not, directed at him) every variation of anger she possessed, but this was a new one. And the growling?



Bloody hell, she’s actually growling like a…well a vampire? Ok mate get a grip. He blinked, hard, and resisted the urge to rub his eyes.


The Slayer…His Slayer. Bollocks! Not his… never his, was growling and staring at them like she was possessed or something.

What the bleedin fuck was going on?



Buffy for her part was doing her best to talk her inner slayer down.


Right at the moment, the slayer wanted nothing more than to kill the fucking bitch that had stolen the man she loved, then drag Spike off and tie him up till he agreed to love her again.


The Buffy part of her was doing it’s best to convince the other that (as tempting as the idea might be) Faith, regrettably was human, and that Spike had more than earned the right to love whomever he wanted.



She might have actually won the argument, if Faith hadn’t chosen that particular moment to do one of her ‘bring it’ head tosses.

Her hair, which up until now had covered her neck, swept back revealing the still livid bite mark that Spike had been so reluctant to give.



Buffy saw red, literally. The slayer, who’s nature at heart, was, after all a demons, roared with rage and pushed the Buffy side so far out of the way, that rational thought wasn’t even in the same zip code.


She charged and Faith didn’t even have time to raise her fists.




Dawns’ emotions had run the gamut tonight. She’d gone from overjoyed to angry and miserable, with short stops at scared and confused, and her personal favorite, vengeful. But the moment Faith reappeared, Dawns’ mounting worry over her sister’s reaction to hers and Spikes’ conversation, was driven out by a brand new one… murderous rage.


Never in her life, had she wanted anyone dead as much as she wanted the dark haired slayer dead. Not even Glory had made her feel this much hate and anger.

This bitch had threatened her Mother, stolen her sisters’ body, and attempted to kill just about everyone Dawn had ever cared for. And now she was trying to steal their vampire.


So what if he hadn’t called. So what if he thought Buffy had used him. It didn’t give slayer tramp the right to move in on what Dawn considered, her sisters, and by extension, her vampire.

Spike loved Buffy and he loved Dawn, those two facts were the one thing she had been able to hang on to after his death in the Hellmouth. Sure, they hadn’t officially made up, but he had to know, death threats aside, that she still loved him.



They had shared a bond that awful summer, which had cemented their relationship in ways that not even Dawn, had understood.

The moment she had seen the Welcome to Sunnydale sign fall into the crater, it had hit her just how much she had actually lost by not forgiving him, while she still had the chance.

She had lived with her regret and guilt for nearly a year, and now when they should be making up and celebrating the fact that they had gotten another chance to let him know what he meant to them, Faith had to come along and take him from both of them.


I bet the bitch is just loving this. She couldn’t get Angel, so she goes after Spike.
I wonder what sort of crap she’s been filling his over bleached head with.
If I find out she’s in on this with that weasel Andrew...


Whatever fate Dawns inner rant might have come up with was interrupted before completion, as Buffy pre-empted her.
Dawn could only watch in open-mouthed awe, as her sister moved with a speed and ferocity that Dawn hadn’t known she possessed.

Whoa Holy hell. She winced in sympathy as Spike was thrown to the side, his attempt at stopping the enraged blond just that fraction of a second too slow.


Faith, with Buffy on top, was propelled through the open door, and by the time Spike had pulled himself to his feet and followed, the two snarling and cursing slayers were halfway down the stairs.



As he moved to intercept them, Dawn grabbed hold of one duster clad arm.



“Spike don’t, you need to stay out of this”.

Turning to shake her off, Spike was startled by the look of fear on her face.


“Dawn, pet. M’not gonna hurt her, but I need to stop them”.

Glancing back over his shoulder at the battling slayers Spike attempted to pull his arm from Dawns’ grasp.


“No Spike, you really don’t”.

Tightening her hold on him Dawn wished, not for the first time, that she had some of her sisters’ strength.

“Listen you big doofus, two angry slayers one stupid vampire, you do the math”.

Using both hands now, she counted on Spikes reluctance to actually hurt her, as she tried to make him understand that getting between her sister and Faith would only get him hurt.



Spike huffed in exasperation as his subtle attempts to remove the girl failed.

Bloody hell, the chits got a grip on her.


“Look Bit, you have to let go, stupid bint’s are gonna kill each other if someone don’t stop em”.

He tried to gently pry her fingers off his duster, but short of actually hurting the girl, there wasn’t much chance of his being successful anytime soon.



“No Spike, please,” she begged. “Buffy won’t understand. Please don’t interfere”.

Wide blue eyes welled with tears, as Dawn clutched his arm even tighter.

“Faith is human, Spike, Buffy doesn’t hurt humans… But I don’t know what she’d do if you tried to help her.”



At his torn and confused expression, Dawn scrambled closer.

“Don’t you see, if you choose Faith…I don’t know what she’ll do. She missed you so much, and she’s really upset that you didn’t tell her you were alive. I-I’ve never seen her like this, never seen her lose it like that…”



“Dawn,” he cut in impatiently, “first up I’m not choosin’ anyone, just want them to stop brawlin’”.

Eyes clouding with some nameless emotion, he tried to avoid her gaze.

“Look kitten I know you love your sister…s’ only natural, but I think you’re not seein’ things clearly, yeah. She don’t care bout me pet, not in the way you think. Buffy jus' don’t like knowing that Faith an’ I…”



Whatever Spike might have said, Dawn didn’t get to hear. From downstairs, there was the sound of a startled yell and seconds later the lobby lit up with a bright light, which could only mean one thing. Willow had arrived.





At first Faith had been shocked by Buffy’s attack. Shock had quickly turned to rage, and after the fall down the stairs, combined with the weird way the other slayer was acting, rage had given way to something Faith was unaccustomed to feeling…fear.



Instead of her usual quips and insults, and the moderated careful style of fighting that Buffy normally employed when facing her, Faith was confronted by something she had never experienced before. Pure concentrated slayer.

A slayer that seemed intent, on not just taking her down for the count, but actually killing her.


The only sounds the blond made were the eerie and familiar hisses and growls that Faith more than often or not encountered when fighting a vampire.
That however wasn’t the thing that had her running scared, it was the knowledge that she felt in her gut… that this was one battle she wasn’t walking away from.

Her ankle was sprained from the fall down the stairs, and the cut Buffy had opened over her eye was bleeding so badly that her vision was starting to become a problem.

And as if that wasn’t bad enough, her head was ringing from several blows that she had been unable to block in time. Blows, that to Faith, felt way harder than she remembered Buffy ever hitting her the numerous times they had fought in the past.



“Shit B”, she muttered, as the other kicked her in the chest for the third time. “What the fuck is your problem?”



She gasped as Buffy lunged for her throat, seemingly determined to finish the fight, and sooner rather than later.




Faith twisted and turned trying to break the others hold, but her vision was starting to sparkle with the little squiggles of light that heralded approaching asphyxiation. She realized with a flash of real terror, that if she couldn’t get away, Buffy was quite possibly going to choke the life out of her.



Buffy had two thoughts going through her head. My vampire…Mine, and gonna kill the bitch.

Any semblance of rational thought had fled the moment she had seen the bite on the other slayers neck. Kennedy’s earlier taunting words about them sharing blood had washed over her, and she lost what little control she had.



Spike had drunk from someone that wasn’t her. Spike had done to Faith in the few days they’d been alone, what he had never once asked of her.

It didn’t matter that in the past, she would have been horrified and sickened by even the thought of Spike asking for that.

Not once, in all those desperate times they’d come together, had Spike even alluded to the fact he wanted her in that way. They had done everything two people could do to each other, but that one thing she knew was a vital part of a vampire’s sex life.


At the time she’d been relieved, she knew what it meant if a vampire bit a lover during sex. She had read up on vampire mating habits years ago when she’d first started dating Angel.

She knew, that to most vampires biting was considered the most intimate thing a couple could do, even more intimate than the act of sex itself. If a vampire bit another, it usually meant that they wanted more than just a casual fling. Biting was the vampire equivalent of going steady.

The only exception, was biting during fights for dominance, or sometimes, on rare occasions, the claiming of someone from another clan.

She knew damn well that neither of those applied to the dark slayer, so that left only one option that she could see.



The part of her that was the slayer, knew only that the vampire she loved, had bitten another.

Had, quite probably claimed Faith as his lover. And that part of her was furious, so furious that she was determined to kill her rival, regardless of Spikes feelings.



She might have done it too, if Willow had not chosen that exact moment to return.