Author's Chapter Notes:
Ok here's another one.
Please review and let me know if I should continue. I still need a beta, should I wait?
Please remember this is a Spuffy story...
And thanks to all those people that bothered to reveiw. You guys make my day a lot brighter.
Spike had been reclining on the bed, talking to Faith when he felt a slayer approaching his room. For a moment he'd felt an unexpected fluttering in his stomach, but quickly dismissed it as leftover stress from the battle.



When the slayers had first descended upon the LA battle, Spike's vamp senses had gone wild. His demon had become highly agitated at the overload of vibes, that to a vampire, signaled enemy.

For a moment he had hoped that amongst all the assorted tinglees, he might feel the ones he new better than any others.

Stupid ponce that he was, even after he'd seen the evidence with his own eyes, not to mention the watcher Jr's little speech, he'd still instinctively looked for Buffy.

Course she wouldn't come, she was probably too busy snuggling with her new honey to bother with the likes of me an Peaches. Bitch probly didn't give a shit if some vamp she'd used for muscle got all dusty a second time.

There was no way, Miss almighty Buffy Bloody Summers, would interrupt her perfect normal life to check on us.
He shook his head ruefully. S' probly still too browned off with the broody one over the whole Wolfram and Hart stalker thing, to care that much about saving his arse either.



When Faith had moved in to fight at his back moments later, Spike had been surprisingly glad too see her, and when they'd shot each other nearly identical smirks he'd let the bitterness over Buffy fade back to where he shelved it after his return from Rome.

Fighting with a slayer, especially if it wasn't the one he'd hoped for, had gone a long way to reinforcing the conclusions he'd come to over Buffy and her actions in those final days of Sunnydale.



When he And Angel had first arrived back from Rome, Spike sat himself down and examined every interaction he'd had with the Slayer since he'd gotten the soul.

In the end, he had faced some painful conclusions, ones that he decided he had avoided for far too long.

Looking at it from a different angle with the added knowledge from the Rome trip fresh in his mind, Spike had faced what he believed was the real truth behind Buffy's ambivalent words and attitude.

Sure, she'd felt sorry for him cos of the soul and the way she'd used him, but a lot of how she was, likely had more to do with the way the others were treating her. Their lack of respect for her decisions and the loss of their trust, had forced the slayer into being alone in a way she was not accustomed too. So of course, she had naturally turned to the one person that still gave her what she needed.

Bloody stupid fool that he was, he'd read more into it, just like always.

When she'd let him in he'd thought it meant that she cared, when all it really meant was that she didn't want to feel alone.

He should have been clued in after her big sweeping speech to Peaches. Loves bitch to the last, that was him.

Well, not any more. She had showed her true colors in Rome, didn't even have the common decency to face him and tell him herself, got bloody Andrew to do it.

Sod that! From now on he was gonna be his own vamp.



The sharp rap on the door shook him from his brooding memories.

As Faith got up to answer, he grabbed her wrist.



"Hold up a mo luv" Scenting the air he frowned before stiffening with shock.

At Faiths inquiring look he just shook his head. Pasting his most languid expression on his face, he nodded. "S'ok pet, let her in."



Faith threw him a knowing look before arching a delicate brow.

"You ready for this Spike? I can tell her to wait downstairs."



Spike shook his head again, knowing from her expression that Faith too had sensed who was on the other side of the door.



"Na kitten, wasn't expecting it, but best get it over with. L'be fine, we've both moved on, S'pect she's here to talk to you anyhow."

Faith stared at him hard before shrugging, and then with typical Faith attitude she swung the door wide open.

At the older slayers startled look, she smirked before leaning casually against the door frame.

"Hey B so what's up?"



When Buffy's eyes traveled over her shoulder to land on the mostly naked vamp, Faith was startled to see the older girl blanch.

Tossing an inquiring look over her shoulder at Spike, she noted he looked positively decadent, the expression on his face unconcerned as he adjusted the thin sheet that covered his lower half.

He might have convinced himself that he was fine, but the sudden emergence of sultry Spike told the dark haired girl differently.



Moving to block Buffy's view of the vampire, she studied the others expression.

"So Buff, something I can do for you? Or is this a social call?" she inquired archly.

When Buffy didn't answer, Faith shrugged and retreated across the room to perch herself on the bed.

She wasn't sure what was going on here, but her first order of business was to protect the vamp, whom had become in the last two days, someone special to her.



As Faith sat, Spike leaned forward and draped himself against her back. Hooking one arm over her shoulder, he reached down and without looking, retrieved a crushed packet of cigarettes from the brunette's breast pocket.

"So slayer, wasn't expecting to see you," he drawled "Thought you were staying in Rome with your new beau." He cocked an eyebrow. "Surprised old Morty let you out all on your lonesome. Wa'sup... he get bored already?" smirking, he waited for her to bite.



When seconds went by and all she had done was stare, eyes darting between the arm that was still around Faith shoulders and the other slayers face, Spike started to get angry.

He just wasn't sure at whom.



Buffy felt like she had fallen down the rabbit hole, the room wavered before her and for a moment she was sure she was going to faint.

She vaguely registered Faith saying something, but for the life of her she couldn't seem to focus on the words, or anything else.

The impossible sight of the vampire that was casually lounging on the bed took her entire attention.

She tried to open her mouth to say something but her brain refused to cooperate. It was busy trying to process the fact of the vampire, who she had believed dead, being very much alive.

When Faith moved to sit and then leaned into his casual embrace, Buffy thought she had finally lost the plot.

The man she had spent the last year mourning and missing was sitting meters away from her, holding a slayer that was not her. And he didn't look in the least happy to see her.

She barely caught his next words; her mind was too busy trying to make sense of Spike and Faith. Together?



When Buffy stood there gaping like a landed fish, Spike felt his annoyance trip over.

What the fuck was up with the stupid bint? She was acting like she'd seen a ghost.

When Faith reached up to entwine her fingers with his and the blond slayer flinched, the penny dropped.

Oh ho, he thought bitterly. Forgot the slayer don't like others playing with her toys. Not good enough for the likes of her, but we can't have anyone else taking them out for a spin.

Successfully reigning in his ire, Spike smirked before leaning forward to hook his chin over Faiths other shoulder.

"Cat got your tongue Slayer, you gonna bloody stand there all night or what? Hell cat an I got better things to do than sit here waiting on you." He tapped the back of his top teeth with the tip of his tongue suggestively, watching for her reaction from under downcast lashes.

When she failed to react in any way other than a tightening of her jaw he rolled his eyes.

"Right then," he drawled "if your not gonna tell us what brought you slayer, be a luv and toddle off. S'pect whatever it is can wait till later...yeah."

He fixed his most suggestive leer on his face and deliberately ran his free hand down the other slayers arm.





The Slayer in Buffy snarled as Spike ran his fingers over Faiths skin and Buffy finally found her voice.

"You're dead... I saw you die...How?" Unfortunately, when she reached for her next words her mind again went blank.



Spike, startled by her words, tried not to show it. Slayer was acting like she hadn't known that he was back, and there was no way he was buying it.

Both Faith and Willow had known about his un-dustiness, and yeah, they hadn't actually told him in so many words that Buffy had known, but he wasn't stupid, he could read between the lines. The pity in Willows eyes alone, was enough to confirm what had not been said.

Don't know what her game is, but I'm done playing, was his resolute thought, even as he replied.

"Still dead slayer, just a little less flamy" He smirked and waited to see how she would react to his flippant words.



Buffy couldn't deal.

With everything she had learned today and the frantic flight from Florida, she had already been exhausted and strung tight enough to snap.

Spike's cold words finished the job. With a harsh sob, she shot him one last devastated look and bolted.



Running headlong down the stairs with tears streaking down her face, she did not even register the presence of Angel and a badly rattled Andrew.

She ran as fast as her slayer speed would allow, not stopping until she had collapsed into the arms of her sister.




Ok I know it looks bad, but again I am going to say… not all is as it seems.
Think Anya and Xander's wedding. And keep the (pardon the pun) faith.
Remember I only write Spuffy!