Author's Chapter Notes:
Last chapter! Sorry it took so long to complete, and I hope it was worth the wait. :D
A cold blast of water drew a wakening cough from Dawn's throat. Blinking a few times to take in her surroundings, she quickly sat up and stared at Buffy in disbelief.

"You're serious here, Buffy?"

Buffy nodded.

"Like a heart attack."


Joy beamed as she plopped down on the floor next to Dawn, nimbly attempting to stay clear of the shallow puddle of water that surrounded her.

"We should have Billy buy you a pony too, Miss Dawn," she said, smiling up at Spike, "He can call 'em on his cool cell phone and ask the horse farm to have our ponies ready!"

Joy reached into her pocket and pulled out Spike's tiny, Microsoft logo-emblazoned, cell phone, and a pair of wide glasses. She handed them to him with a big smile.

"I saw you drop 'em when we were trying to help Miss Dawn! You look diff'rnt right now, Billy, maybe if you put your glasses back on it'll help!"

Buffy grabbed the phone and the glasses from his hands. She shot Spike a discerning look, staring at him for a few moments before gasping.

"Spike...where did you get this phone? And the glasses? Spike...you...are you...were you...er...are....er...were...Bill Gates?"

Spike sighed and leaned back on the couch, covering his face with his hands. He was silent for a brief moment, and then caught Buffy's gaze.

"Pet, you know who I am really. Probably more than anyone I've ever known...even Dru. What do you think?"

Buffy bit her lip and sighed.

"I don't know...I know I love you...but...the cell phone, the "assassination," and the dorky glasses? Spike...just...just tell me the truth. Please."

"I took over his life, pet."

"Wait...what?"

Grasping her hand in his own, Spike pulled Buffy to rest upon the couch, fully aware of the attention Dawn and Joy were paying them.

"Pet, I was the Big Bad, right?"

Buffy laughed.

"Yeah. Terrifying."

Spike scoffed and dropped her hand.

"Oi! Now, watch your mouth, Slayer. I killed two of your kind in my day, and I...."

"Had to walk fifteen miles through the snow to do so?"

"Buffy."

"Sorry. Please, continue Bill...."

"Right then. Anyway, I was the Big Bad...still am, mind you, I just don't want to right now. But Dru and I were in Seattle and we found this Gates guy...."

Half an hour later, Buffy sat, hands crossed on her lap, pondering the situation.

"Well then...I guess you'll have some good tips on how to use this money, won't you?"

A wide grin grew across Spike's face.

"You aren't mad, pet?"

"About you keeping something this big from me? I'm kind of irritated...but it's nice to be taken care of for once. I mean, since our mom died, Dawnie and I have had to fend for ourselves. And now with Joy...I appreciate why you did this, Spike. You're a good man."

Spike beamed with pride at this statement, and hoisted Buffy up in one smooth motion.

"Dawn, take Joy outside to play," he said, tossing a smaller version of his necklace to her.

"Make sure she wears that...it'll keep her safe in the sunlight. The two of you can figure out where we're going to put your sodding ponies."

Joy squealed in delight and Dawn barely draped the necklace around the tiny vampire's neck before she bolted out of the back door and began measuring, in steps as large as her little legs could muster, the length of space that PJ would need. Spike carried Buffy quickly up to her bedroom, locking the door behind them. Buffy glanced out of the window; double checking Joy's safety.

"What was in that necklace you gave Joy?"

"That Gem of Amara ring you so willingly gave to the Poofter wasn't the only one of its kind. I chipped off a piece of my necklace as soon as you told me about the little one getting turned. Shouldn't happen. She needs to be able to at least reach puberty before being locked forever...isn't how things are supposed to be done."

"Do you think there's anything we can do?"

"I don't know, pet. I would have researched it more closely at the office, but I had an assassination to plan, you know."

Buffy smiled softly and caressed Spike's face with an outstretched hand.

"You are not the Big Bad, Spike. You're a Big Softy."

Spike frowned.

"Least I'm not a brooding ponce."

"That's true."

"Buffy, love, can we have a chat?"

"Sure. What's up?"

"I want to make sure that you're in this for real...I don't want you to be with me because you feel obligated because of the money...that's why I went to the trouble of the assassination...I didn't want you to find out. That bloody girl has a hell of an eye."

"Spike...I wanted you before you gave me anything. I want you even more now, but the only reason for that is because I've seen your kindness. I was always afraid that you'd get sick of me and turn on me if I let you in...the way Angel did. He ran away as soon as everything got tough. But you're the opposite, Spike. You're...you're the one, Spike."

At this statement, Spike's animalistic instincts took over his worry about Buffy's comfort. Without asking for her assent, Spike ripped Buffy's soft, cotton t-shirt from her frame, and unbuttoned the short denim skirt, allowing it to fall to the floor. Buffy opened her mouth to speak, but Spike covered her mouth with his own, his tongue slipping nimbly around hers. Pushing Buffy back onto her bed, Spike climbed on top of her, rubbing his encased manhood between the softness of her long legs. Buffy pulled his shirt up over his head, as Spike freed himself from the constraints of his dark jeans. Too caught up in the heat of the moment, Spike merely pushed Buffy's panties to the side of her entrance before thrusting into her soaking wetness. A decided warmth came over the two of them almost instantly, and they locked eyes, unable to look away, until a soft voice within each of their minds begged them to do the same thing. Spike released his vampiric features, and pierced his teeth into Buffy's soft neck.

"Mine!"

"Yours!"

Buffy's blunt teeth nicked Spike's throat, and the tinny taste crept over her tongue, and she rolled her eyes back in her head.

"Mine," she cried, hoarsely.

"Yours," Spike assented, as Buffy had only seconds before.

A strange haze washed over the pair, and they saw, in brief flashes, each other's past. When Buffy regained full consciousness, she stared into Spike's cool blue eyes, trying to search for his own mind to fully return. Spike was fraught with guilt at his violent history, knowing that through their claim, Buffy would have seen his sordid past, as he had just seen her short life flash before his eyes. But, something in Buffy's loving stare brought Spike back from the brink of insanity.

"Buffy...do you know what we just did?"

"You made me yours...and I made you mine."

"It's called claiming, love."

"Like marriage, right?"

"Sort of...it's an eternal bond."

"Ah. I won't live for an eternity, though."

"Now you will, love...you aren't quite human now...."

"That's nothing new."

Spike laughed as Buffy laid her head gently on his chest.

"You sure you're alright with this, love?"

"It's too late to do anything about it, right?"

"I don't know, Buffy, I..."

"I'm kidding. Geez, Spike...have a little self-confidence. I wouldn't have done that if I didn't want to. I love you...you've always been there for me...and I'm ready. That's enough for me."

"'s enough for me too then, pet."

--

~Five Years Later~

Buffy yawned as she stretched out on the king size bed she and Spike had shared for half of a decade. Turning to her side, she frowned when she noticed that Spike's half of the bed was vacant. Her frown quickly faded into a grin when she heard the clamor coming from downstairs. She slowly rose from their bed, taking care not to overextend herself. She sighed as she looked at her reflection in the mirror. Her face hadn't aged a day since she and Spike had claimed each other, as promised. Most of her body too, was unchanged. But her stomach...now there was another story.

Her sometimes-present miniature friends joined her in gazing at her reflection: Angel-Buffy looked akin to the Virgin Mary, glowing with prenatal joy. Devil-Buffy, however, had apparently just dyed her hair purple, and wore a short leather mini skirt and a belly-baring tube top that read "I'm Not Fat, I'm Just Knocked Up!" Devil-Buffy scoffed at Buffy's reflection.

"Jesus you've gotten fat! Just because you're knocked up doesn't mean you can't go for a jog every now and then, tubby!"

Angel-Buffy fluttered her wings in agitation.

"Do not listen to her, dear one! You look lovely! Radiant!"

"Fat," Buffy sighed.

"Well, we all have to pay the price for all of the hot sex with Spikey," Devil-Buffy offered.

Buffy nodded.

"Yeah, I guess so."

A coy smile crossed Angel-Buffy's lips.

"It is worth it, methinks."

The miniature Spike appeared in a flash of cigarette smoke next to Devil-Buffy.

"Course it is, loves. Now, Buffy, if you'd kindly go back to reality I can get to servicing these other two in peace."

Shaking her head until the mini-apparitions vanished, Buffy finally stared only at her own reflection in the mirror.

"Peace...yeah, that would be nice for a change."

Buffy walked with a slight smile downstairs into the boisterous living room. Spike was seated on the couch, holding a Twister spinner in his lap, and laughing at the pair of girls trying, in vain, to reach their arms over to the assigned circle. Dawn had finally turned into a full-fledged woman now, outgrowing her somewhat awkward teenage years. Her companion for this bendy-trendy board game of sorts was a pale, but radiantly happy 10-year-old girl, whose shining blue eyes sparkled in delight when Buffy entered the room.

"Buffffffy's up, Miss Dawn," the girl cried before sending herself and Dawn toppling over in a heap.

Dawn sighed and brushed herself off before standing up.

"Great. I was gonna win too. Thanks a lot Buffy."

Buffy shook her head and plopped down next to Spike on the couch.

"I swear, the two of you are so loud. Joy, sweetie, how are you feeling today?"

Joy smiled and climbed up next to Buffy on the couch.

"I feel okay, Buffy! Miss Dawn says I'm getting really tall!"

"That you are poppet," Spike said, smiling over at Joy.

"Yup. And Giles thinks that when I stop growing up that I'll be as tall as a model!"

Buffy laughed at kissed Joy on the top of her head.

"I bet you will, sweetie. Then you can reach stuff for me."

"And the baby!"

"Probably. But when you're all grown up, the baby won't need as much help. He'll be about eight, won't he?"

Joy nodded.

"Yup! Cause today is my birthday!"

Buffy gasped in mock-surprise.

"No...really? Oh dear, Spike, I knew there was something we forgot today!"

Spike flashed Buffy a coy smile.

"Oh, darn it, Slayer. Well, Joy, let's go over to the gas station and get you a pack of gum or something, 's that okay?"

Joy crossed her arms and pouted, rendering herself a caricature of Buffy.

"You guys aren't funny. It's my birthday and...."

Joy trailed off when Spike drew the curtains back and pointed her to look into the backyard. Her pony, PJ, now a full-grown black horse with a white star on his forehead, was standing next to a small, completely white foal. Joy squealed in delight as she looked back at Buffy, on whose lap now appeared a large present. Buffy smiled.

"Open it. It's something for all three of you."

Joy ripped the pink wrapping paper from the gift, and gasped when she pulled a pink riding outfit from the package.

"Thank you, Buffy!"

"There are matching coats for PJ and the foal in the stable too, sweetie. But it wasn't all my idea," Buffy said nodding at Spike.

Joy giggled in happiness and ran over to Spike, enveloping him in a giant hug.

"Thank you, thank you, thank you!"

With a flash of shining hair and giggles, she was gone, dancing around the backyard and sizing up her new pony. Dawn soon followed her, still enticed by the idea of ponies, even at her age. Spike shook his head and joined Buffy back on the couch.

"You know, pet, we can't keep buying ponies for her. We're going to run out of room."
Buffy smiled.

"Spike, we can just buy more room."

"And where are we going to put said room, pet? Not that I mind, I understand why you want to stay in your mum's house, but we can't keep buying neighbor's houses and knocking 'em down for pony room. Joy's not going to have any children to play with, and ponies don't make for great conversationalists."

"But it makes her so happy...one more can't hurt, right?"

"Ah, so you've decided not to make this the only little addition to our family," he asked, rubbing her belly.

"The thought may have crossed my mind."

"They say getting the first one is the hardest, you know. And when it was supposed to be impossible...I think we owe it to the world to fill it with our impossible little ones, Slayer."

"Anything that's half of you would have to be impossible."

Spike smiled and wrapped his arm around Buffy.

"I do love you, you daft bint."

--
THE END!



~~Challenge from BSV~~
Challenge: 252
Name: Mr. Chaos
Email: defender2222@yahoo.com
Season: Season 5

Revelations of the Surprising Kind

We all think we know the characters of the buffyverse. But do we know them really? What if some of them aren’t what they seem?

In this challenge, you have to select one character from the show, preferable Buffy or Spike (but can be anyone or more then one person) and have them reveal that they aren’t who we thought they are. This revelation causing shock in the group, and also helps bring Spike and Buffy together at the end.

Must Have

1) The secret should be humorous somewhat. The more crazy, the better. For example, Buffy reveals that she is infact Mrs. Buttersworth.
2) You must explain how the character hid their true identity without magic. For example, let’s say Buffy reveals she’s really Mrs. Buttersworth. You must explain how she changed her looks without the aid of magic. Make it far fetched and out of left field.
3) If Buffy or Spike is the one with the secret, the revelation should cause the other to come to them and admit their feelings. For example, if Buffy is Mrs. Buttersworth, Spike should tell her that it’s ok to be a syrup bottle.

Can have

1) Xander freaking out
2) Riley or Angel bashing
3) Anya admitting that she knew the secret all along and that being _____ means better orgasms.