Author's Chapter Notes:
A lot of information is given out on both sides. Some season 8 things will be stolen fromt he comics but not all. They (scoobies) are in a castle in Scotland but after that many things are changed
As Buffy descended the stairs behind Willow it hit her who she was about to see. First of course there was Angel. She hadn't seen him in about 2 years and the last time they had interacted it hadn't been on great terms, what was it going to be like now? Especially now that Spike was in the mix.

And oh yes, Spike. That was a much bigger fish to fry. Speaking of fry, the last time she had seen him, he was about to and now apparently he was back, and had been for quite some time. She knew she was angry and upset already but being seconds away from setting eyes on the vampire she thought she would never see again gave her a sinking feeling in the pit of her stomach. What was she going to say? How was she going to say it? She couldn't even imagine she would be able to look at him without fainting let alone have a conversation with him.

They got to bottom of the stairs and walked into the foyer where she had expected the undead twins to be, but they weren't there. She looked at Willow questioningly and willow pointed into the living type room off the foyer where they were both standing not facing her looking at different nic nacs were around.

Buffy caught sight of Angel first but quickly spotted bleach blond in a long leather duster just beside him. Her breath caught in her throat almost inaudibly but enough to grab the attention of both vampires. They turned around simultaneously and looked at Buffy, both with fear in their eyes.

It seemed none of them wanted to be the first to speak so they all stood looking at each other for what felt like an eternity until Willow decided to attempt at breaking the ice.

"So..."

It didn't work as well as she thought. No one else even responded with an obligatory 'so' response.

Just then, to everyone's extreme relief the door flew open and almost hit Willow directly in the face. Dawn, who had walked through the door heard Willow's yelp and quickly turned around to apologize to her friend.

"I'm so sorry Willow! I just- it's so damn cold here and I really wanted to get inside." Dawn told her. After Willow nodded an appreciative response Dawn simply stated "I miss California"

"Well it is always nice this time of year." Came Angel's voice.

Buffy was happy to find out at least one of them could still talk. Dawn turned around to see Angel. Buffy thought she saw her look at Spike but wouldn't know from her entire lack of acknowledgement.

She did however walk toward Angel and greet him with a friendly "Hey Angel, nice to see you" and an awkward little hug.

Buffy finally lifted her eyes again to see Spike. She was feeling so many things toward him right now, many bad, but it was her instinct to worry about him since Dawn, the girl he looked at like a little sister was not only giving him the cold shoulder but the complete Dentyne ice shoulder.

Not too much to her surprise, he looked hurt and chose this time to prove he wasn't just a mirage.

"Hey Dawn,” He said sheepishly.

Her awkward smile directed at Angel was gone in a flash as she started up the stairs. "Don't even think about talking to me Spike."

"But Dawny...?" The look of guilt on his face was enormous.

"But what Spike?" Dawn asked as she whipped around on the second stair. "What did you think? You thought that you could keep this secret for this long and when everyone found out it would be fine? Forget it. I'll just lay this out for you so it's perfectly clear. The way I see it, I shouldn't have had to mourn for you 19 days after you died. However you were non-corporeal so I'll even give you the benefit of the doubt and bypass the fact that you could have had someone else call and say I definitely shouldn't have had to for the last year and half. But did you call? Write? Send and owl? No. That's fine, but you can't just decide to keep something like that a secret and have me want you around when YOU need to make your presence known. You want me to think you're dead? Fine, you're dead to me, and you're going stay that way."

With that dawn haughtily ascended the stairs without looking backing. Buffy could feel that Dawn was miserable. Of course she was angry but the waves of loss, deceit and abandonment were coming off her by the truckload and they were smacking Buffy in the face. Mainly because she knew exactly where she was coming from.

She glanced at Spike, he looked crushed but like he knew he deserved it. Buffy wanted to feel sorry for him, but a part of her couldn't help but to share her sister's sentiment.

She would go up and check on Dawn later but first they had business to attend to, like trying to figure out why the hell Angel's seers sent them there in the first place. She glanced at Spike again and could see he was expecting Buffy to say something similar to what Dawn said but she couldn't. The truth was she had no words. She was looking at Spike for the first time in two years after thinking he was dead. No words.

"So..." it was Angel's turn to try and cut the tension. "I guess we should get down to business if that's alright with you Buffy?"

"That's fine," She told him, going back to looking anywhere but at Spike. "We should go over what you know and what I've encountered."

"And maybe catch up in the process." Angel offered.

"It would be nice to get the details,” Buffy told him thinking about Cordelia and Wesley, and of course Spike. "But first things first, my biggest wonder, and maybe I should be looking to Willow for the answer to this but, is there any way to figure out something more specific that the 'You're in grave danger' bit?"

Both Willow and Angel were cut off from their responses by the sudden presence of a woman in the room as if she had teleported. Angel looked completely stunned as she smiled and told the room "I have an idea."

"Darla?" was all that came out of Angel's mouth.


Chapter End Notes:
More will be coming, I haven't written in ages but I've of course been really busy. I love feedback and it even makes me write faster, let me know if y'all want more.