Author's Chapter Notes:
IMPORTANT.

I have a few things to say about the upcoming chapters.

1. As I mentioned before, I have done this "Darla is guide thing" in another story that I scrapped so if you recognize it, I didn't plagiarize I revised.

2. Some memories will be short; others may take up the entire chapter. This will go on for a bit but this will be a long fic. I am trying to reduce use of scenes directly from the show because you've seen them, but if I think they're relevant to now then there it is

3. I don’t' think I will be boring you. Many will be Spuffy oriented because of course this is Spuffy fic and because he's back in her life. I won't be getting graphic yet because of all the people in Buffy's life seeing but things will be visited and I promise Spuffy fun

Now just sit back and enjoy the ride.
Buffy stood and looked expectantly at Darla. “So? Let’s do it.”

“Still a little fuzzy on how this works actually.” Angel piped up. “So we just walk around in our memories?”

“We’re also not the full party.” Darla explained to Buffy ignoring her glare. “And Angel, yes, you are basically right. You can’t affect anything, no one will be able to see or feel you but you can watch which is kind of the point.

“Who else are we waiting for?” Willow was wondering.

“Dawn and Faith and –“

The front door opened again and appeared Faith followed by many slayers. “Hey guys.” She told the table, turning her direction to the slayers she explained. “Okay, so these are the vampires you don’t kill. Now we have some business to attend to so go about your business.”

Faith walked over and said a quick hello to Spike and gave a quick hug to Angel before settling standing behind Buffy’s chair in full support mode. “You tell them we don’t try to kill each other anymore?”

“It was mentioned. Um, where’s…”

“Hey Mom, hey Dad,” Came a voice from the door.

“Oh hey Conner” Angel said nonchalantly before his eyes seemed to pop out of his head in surprise. “Wait a minute, what are you doing here?”

“Oh, I work with Buffy now.”

Angel stood. “How? When? Why?”

“How is pretty easy to figure out. About 2 months ago. And the why is because you didn’t want me working with you.”

“When did I say that?” Angel asked incredulous.

“After the battle in LA. You said ‘I don’t want you working with me Conner, it’s too dangerous’” Conner explained doing his best Angel impression.

“Okay, so what part of the dangerous did you not understand?”

“The part where that’s supposed to stop me.”

Angel looked defeated before realizing, “And Buffy,” she piped up from examining her nails, “you let this happen?”

“Yeah.”

“Why?”

“Because you’re not the boss of him.” Angel seemed a little taken aback by Buffy’s outright disagreement. He began to wonder if she meant it a little more personally.

“I’m his father.”

“Okay one, that doesn’t mean you’re the boss of him, and two, I don’t know where you get off thinking you can be the boss of anybody.”

“Aren’t you being a bit of a hypocrite, you’re a leader just like me.”

“Yes I am, and your son is a good fighter.”

“So you’re using him for your benefit?!”

“Well yes Angel, but also because he’s a good kid and he asked me to. Look I was doing you a favor.”

“How is that?”

Now it was Buffy’s turn to stand.

“He came here because he wanted to fight. He would have liked to fight with you but you wouldn’t let him. First why don’t you take a minute to imagine my surprise when he told me who he was?” Through all this Angel had forgotten that Buffy shouldn’t know who Conner is at all. He slowly sat as she continued to symbolize that he may have been a little hasty with the anger. “Second, he wants to help. I figured he would be a great help, and good person to have around, and it would mean that he would have people watching his back instead of off fighting alone somewhere because no one would take him in.”

Buffy sat down again once she saw in Angel’s face and his almost inaudible “I get it” that she had gotten her point across.

“Conner is coming too.” Darla simply stated.

“Can I just ask?” Spike started, curiosity getting the better of him. “Are you too all, mother and son now?”

“It’s complicated,” Darla started

“I acknowledge who she is and her I but we’re still getting to know each other.” Conner finished. “And Buffy’s been a big help Dad, you have no reason to be mad at her.”

“I get it.” Angel confirmed.

“So…” Willow wondered if she would find something else to start with ever. “We just need Dawn right.”

“I’m here.” She told them descending the stairs. “Were tripping then?”

“No, that would be more fun.” Buffy quipped annoyed.

"Buffy, I know you hate this," Dawn told her sympathetically walking toward her. "But if this is how it has to be done then this is how it has to be done. Plus, it's not like everyone here doesn't know you. Reliving past everything is hard but like you say, you were there so is it so hard to be there again?"

"I guess not. It's just a pain in the ass you know? There are just," Buffy paused glancing at the room, once again strategically avoiding Spike. "Some things I don't like being forced to relive."

"Last time she had to watch herself find her mother..." Willow explained looking at the tablecloth. "And I..."

Buffy walked over to Willow and kissed the top of her head. "You can get out of this you know. It's only me that can be forced here."

"No, it's cool, it'll be fine."

"Okay then."

“Let’s get this show on the road.” Darla said. “Everyone get up or you’ll fall over after the chairs disappear and we’re in our first memory”

Everyone stood and looked awkwardly at one another. Faith leaned in and whispered to Buffy with sympathy in her voice surprising both vampires, "You ready for this?"

"Yeah I'm fine, " Buffy whispered back, "Just a pain in the ass you know." She joked.

"I never heard that about you..." Faith rolled her eyes.

With that Darla snapped her fingers and they all felt a little queasy while the world seemed to fall around them. Before they could figure out what was happening they had entered the world again only to find themselves not where they started.

They all looked around.

“It’s my crypt.” Spike told Angel, Faith and Conner who all looked confused. They were on the main floor and it appeared to be empty though the T.V. was turned on to some movie in black and white. It seemed to be night out and everyone looked around and strained their ears to see if there was something they were missing about the whole scenario. Everyone looked a little confused at the lack of action before Darla announced.

“And enter…”

Buffy burst through the doors, the memory Buffy that is. “Spike!” Memory Buffy yelled looking fuming mad. “Where the hell are you!?”

“Right here.” The group turned to see memory Spike climbing up the ladder from the lower level. “No need to lose your temper.” He told her tilting his head and leering at her slightly. “Is there something you would like?”

Buffy broke her defensive battle stance and marched a few paces toward Spike. “It’s Dawn.” She told him before quickly winding back and clocking him right in the nose.

“And away we go.” Current Buffy grumbled crossing her arms. "Of course."


Chapter End Notes:
Tune in next week!