Author's Chapter Notes:
Into the first couple of memories. Both happen to involve Buffy. Most will but some won't. So far it's memories and information we're not aware of on the show. Most will be that way but a couple won't because they'll be necessary.

Sorry about the wait for those 2 of you that want to read this lol. Life has been crazy but I'm going to be updating more often. I'm very excited about this. Please let me know what you think.
Buffy broke her defensive battle stance and marched a few paces toward Spike. “It’s Dawn.” She told him before quickly winding back and clocking him right in the nose.

“And away we go.” Current Buffy grumbled crossing her arms. "Of course."

The memory Buffy waited for Spike to recover as they all watched the spectacle.

Memory Spike turned back to Buffy and wiped a little blood from the side of his face. "I understand that she gets into trouble sometimes but is this really the way to deal with it?"

"Now is not a time to joke Spike." She responded clearly seething with anger. "She spent the night here? I asked you to keep her safe before I..." She paused overcome with sadness, but pressed on, "before I died and you thought she would be safe in a cemetery, in a vampire's crypt?"

Spike stared back at her with a look of hurt on his face. She must have known he was trying to right? He began quietly, "I already told you I remembered what you said and I...I tried. About a week after you...she showed up. The scoobies decided to put the bloody robot in your place so that Dawn could stay with them and so that Sunnydale wouldn't be overrun now that the slayer was gone. She couldn't stand it. None of us could but it was the only way...She came to get away." His voice became sterner as he explained deciding what he hadn't been wrong. "I yelled at her for a good hour the first time and promptly walked her home because you would hate it. But she came back the next night. After that I told her to let me know if she wanted to come by. We had a code word. I would come to pick her up and she would sleep here. I figured as much as you would hate it, you would want her to be happy and for a reason I can't fathom as well as you can't, she said she was happiest here."

Buffy just stood there looking a little crestfallen. She sat down in a chair close by; he sat opposite her as he did. The memory onlookers all looked a little uncomfortable after the explanation. No one, however, more than the three people directly involved with this encounter. Spike had sunken even more into guilt at the memory of how she had trusted him. Dawn seemed to be getting more numb by the second but Buffy could feel her sister’s grief for all the trauma involved. While Buffy...still was trying to figure out exactly how she felt.

The memory continued with Buffy admitting, "That was the most worked up I've gotten since I got back. Worse than the stupid bank...I'm still a little angry at the bank...that's something." Buffy just looked down at her shoes, as depressed as ever.

"Sorry..." Spike began; he continued trying to lighten the mood, "well the truth is I made her walk here by herself and invited evil non-chipped vampires in to attack her."

Buffy let out a small chuckle. "Thanks, but the first story is more believable."

"Who would have thought you'd say that one day?" Spike asked genuinely amazed for a moment.

Buffy even laughed a little this time, "Definitely not me." Buffy seemed to be thinking seriously about something. She wanted to ask something but was afraid of the answer. "Do you think...do you think she would have been okay?"

Spike regarded Buffy seriously now. "With time maybe...but now we'll never have to know."

Buffy's uncertain look at this spawned an uncertain look from him.

Suddenly the onlookers were bombarded with the queasy feeling again and before they knew it there were at the bronze. Conner was updated on the location and everyone was a little uncomfortable. Buffy said to know one in particular that it gets easier as you go. As she said this she looked over and saw Willow staring at the stage. "What is it Will?"

"It's Oz." She told her friend with a nostalgic look on her face. Sure enough Dingoes Ate My Baby were playing on stage. Buffy realized she did in fact recognize the song.

Everyone seemed to feel the nostalgia here, except of course for Conner, though he did seem to like the atmosphere.

Everyone's eyes were on the stage now clearly expecting something to happen since someone they knew had been spotted when Buffy walked by Buffy.

"When is this Buffy?" Conner asked curious.

"Judging by my hair...I'd say around when your Dad was evil."

"Oh. Cool." He replied nonchalant.

Darla indicated for the group to follow Buffy so they did. In front of the bar Buffy ran into Cordelia. It was Angel and Conner's turn to be uncomfortable. They seemed to want to look away but couldn't and knew they shouldn't as it would draw attention to their uncomfort. The rest of the group ranged from mournful to politely mournful.

"Buffy." Cordelia simply stated.

"Cordelia." Buffy replied in the same tone.

"Are we supposed to make idle chit-chat here?" Cordelia asked ever the tact-smith.

"Oh!" Buffy watching the memory exclaimed.

"What?" Dawn and Willow asked simultaneously.

"Oh, sorry. Just remembering, well I guess we'll see."

The Buffy in the memory had just explained they don't have to but it is polite and was now asking if she was there with Xander.

"No, just trying to remember I had a real social life before him." Cordelia told her only slightly bitter.

At that point a bouncy Harmony came walking up with a hideously garish pink dress and an evil smile on. "It's nice to see that not only do you date losers but your friends with a wide variety of them, but don't worry you fit right in. I guess it's where you belong." With that Harmony bounced off with a contented smile on her face to laugh with her flock. Not of course before both Spike and Buffy on looking could mutter "bitch" under their breath before looking at each other and quickly staring back at the scene.

"Umm” Buffy started.

"Don't worry about it." Cordelia told her clearly embarrassed and angry about it.

"Okay well I'm just going to get a drink and then I can sit with you. You know if you want."

"Yeah sure." Cordelia went back to her table still embarrassed while Buffy quickly ordered her drink. All onlookers but Buffy were surprised when she didn't immediately return to Cordelia but instead marched in the direction of Harmony and her followers.

"Would you like something?" Harmony spat looking disgusted at her presence.

"I was just wondering something. I'm just a little confused." She began.

"As to how you thought that outfit matched?"

"Well I'll just bypass that as your dress seems to clash with itself. Actually I was just wondering. Before Xander, Cordelia outranked you..." Harmony tried to retort but Buffy cut her off with, "It wasn't a question, it was fact, and no matter what your friends here will tell you they all know it's true. Anyway, it's just she gave it up. She gave it up for Xander and well us and like you said we're clearly losers."

"Uh yeah" Harmony said sounding miraculously like a valley girl, and clearly very pleased with her 'clever' response.

"I'm just wondering what's wrong with you then?" Buffy asked looking mock-curious with a hint of mock-concern.

"Excuse me?"

"Well she gave it up for a pack of losers that can't even touch you. I'm wondering what could be so wrong with you that she would give up outranking you for the likes of us." Harmony spluttered some noncoherant syllables as Buffy walked towards Cordelia only turning back to add, "just something to think about."

Buffy went back to a confused Cordelia at the table while Faith gave the on looking Buffy and friendly nudge on the shoulder. "That was badass."

Buffy simply smiled while the others smiled or said something similar. Angel even told her it was nice. The only quiet one was Spike but Buffy thought she saw some pride on his face before the queasiness took hold of the group again.

*****More to come!*****


Chapter End Notes:
I hope with the overlap of people it wasn't confusing. Let me know if it was but I think it works. All kinds of feedback are welcome. Please review! Thanks!