Author's Chapter Notes:
Another update so soon??? That's impossible!!

I felt bad for my about 2 fans having to wait so I plowed through and made sure I got this one polished right away.

Also I read the sixth Harry Potter again recently and for those who have, this whole memory lane thing might seem like a rip off but I promise I came up with this idea before the book came out. Not to mention it's being done differently and for different reasons. For those who have no idea what I'm talking about, please disregard, lol.
The queasy feeling was gone but they were all standing in the same place at the Bronze. They all looked around a little confused and disoriented until Willow spoke. “No band, must be a different time.”

They all looked around again realizing that Buffy and Cordelia weren’t there anymore. There were more people there and the dance floor had a strobe light on it.

“Where’s Darla?” Spike asked noticing she wasn’t there anymore.

This time Buffy addressed Spike directly but without emotion. “It kind of works on autopilot. She comes in and out if something needs to be explained. It’s ‘cause she doesn’t control it, she’s just the catalyst.”

“Who does control it?” Angel asked her.

“Powers that be I guess.” Buffy answered not concerned, but continually annoyed the situation.

“Oh them.” It was then looking around that Angel saw them, “Oh it’s this.”

Faith was the one to ask, “It’s what?”

“You and Buffy,” was his answer as he pointed at the dance floor. Sure enough Buffy and Faith were on the dance floor writhing together while every man around tried to join them. They acknowledged some while they continued to dance with one another, clearly loving the attention.

“Oh god,” Faith said with a stricken look on her face. This was the night before she killed a man for the first time. This was when she spiralled out of control and tried to bring Buffy down with her.

Buffy walked over to Faith and simply put a hand on her shoulder indicating her trust that it was all in the past.

“Faith? What’s going on?” Conner asked looking concerned.

“This is the night before I first…I mean I accidentally…I mean this is the first time I killed.” She finished sternly but couldn’t help looking down in shame but allowing Buffy to gently rub her shoulder in comfort.

“This is when I came" Angel said looking a still a little peaved at the scene as he had the first time around.

“No,” Buffy filled in. Faith was just staring at her reckless alter ego dancing. “It was later. I think this is the run in with Harmony actually.”

As she said this Harmony came up beside them to the bar and ordered a cappuccino. This time she was wearing a sky blue tank top with a big pink heart on it and sparkly jeans.

The Buffy and Faith that had been dancing walked up to the bar now laughing with each other. Buffy was telling Faith between bursts of laughter. “I know! He looked like he was trying to land a plane! The robot is bad enough when done right.” Faith just laughed and the Buffy and Faith watching giggled a little at the memory.

Neither had noticed Harmony yet, but she quickly made her presence known to them. “Well Buffy I see you don’t like your class as loser and would like to move on to skank. Who’s your teacher?” Harmony was now looking at Faith like she was disgusting.

Buffy didn’t miss a beat. “Oh Harmony no, it’s not what you think!” She told her with mock concern. “I would never do that to you.”

“What the hell are you talking about?” Harmony spat.

“Well going to school with you of course. Don’t think for a second that I would need to take outside lessons. You’re the best teacher I’ve ever had in that department.”

Faith burst out laughing and they both went back to the dance floor with a victorious bounce in their step.

All on lookers burst into laughter now, but before they could recover they were on the move again.

They were now in a small shabby looking living room. No one seemed to recognize the place looking confused as their laughter subsided. There was a middle-aged woman lying face down on a dingy orange couch. She had a bottle in her hand that was hanging off the couch. Faith saw the woman and her face paled immediately. “Oh my…this is my house. Where I lived before moving in with my watcher…where I lived with my mother.”

“Oh” Buffy looked at her friend concerned.

“Can you tell when it is?” Angel asked with the same concern, moving toward Faith.

“Mom’s passed out on the couch, this is my whole life.” Now Faith was angry, looking at her mother with revulsion.

At this point a younger Faith stumbled in the door off the room, seeming to lead outside. She couldn’t have been more than 14 years old. Her hair was messy and her dark clothes hanging off her as if she’d worn them for days. Her mother stirred on the couch and looked at her through partially closed eyes. She was clearly still sloshed.

“Where’ve you beeeen?” She looked angry at first but was giggling by the end. She took a swig from her bottle of liquor.

“Out.” The young Faith was obviously drunk as well, but not to the point of her mother.

She walked toward the kitchen that was right off the room they were in with nothing separating the two rooms. She was looking in fridge for something as her mom attempted sitting up before falling back onto the couch. Faith looked up at the noise and slammed the refrigerator door shut. She walked back into the room and considered her mother for a moment. The look in her eyes mixed loathing with longing. She crossed her arms and decided on anger. “You know I lost my virginity tonight.”

Her mom slowly opened her eyes at this and took another swig. “Use a condom?”

“No.” Faith regarded her, seemingly trying to get a rise.

“Moron,” her mother told her before rolling over, “that’s how I got stuck with you.” At this she passed out again.

Both Faith’s looked grief stricken, but only the 14 year old let a single tear run down her face before grabbing her mothers bottle and walking out again.

“Faith…” both Angel and Buffy started at the same time.

“It’s okay,” she told them standing up straight, “it’s over now.” She gave them both a small smile.

Everyone else was rooted in the spot watching everything. No one could believe it. Even those who knew about her history, they simply didn’t understand…until now.

Again they were off. By now they were used to the queasy feeling and had all begun a routine of looking around the second they could control it.

They were in Buffy and Dawn’s living room now facing the dining area.

“Where are we now?” Conner asked.

“Our house.” Buffy and Dawn both answered.

“Oh, right, I remember now.”

“What? How could you remember?” Angel asked him.

“I’ve done this with them once before.”

“Oh.”

While they spoke the others were looking around for what they’re supposed to see. Buffy was staring at the two people sitting in her living room. Buffy was sitting on her couch and Spike was sitting in front of her on the coffee table. They were clearly in mid conversation.

“How long was I gone?” She asked miserably and afraid of the answer.

“Hundred forty-seven days yesterday. Uh...hundred forty-eight today, except today doesn't count, does it?” There is a pause and Buffy doesn’t respond, she just looks down a little. Spike continues with, “How long was it for you...where you were?”

She looks at him and after a couple of seconds tells him, “Longer.”

Buffy has been careful not to look at Spike, or anyone for that matter. However now Spike isn’t even hiding the fact that he’s staring at her, trying to see if she’s okay. Dawn is walking toward them on the couch as the onlookers leave the memory.


Chapter End Notes:
I love reviews! They make me want to write more! *hint hint*