By now, the morning seemed surreal. It was late in the evening, and Buffy was resting in Spike’s arms, her body sated and pleasantly sore. He’d made love to her over and over again, as if he were assuring himself that she was real and still his.

The sheets were tangled around them, the comforter was on the floor, and Buffy was fairly certain the mattress was at an angle, but she was too comfortable to worry about any of it. A small giggle escaped her.

“What’s so funny, luv?”

“I was just thinking this bed hasn’t seen this much action in like ever.”

Spike chuckled as he brushed a kiss across her forehead. “It held up pretty well, though. We were going at it hard there for a while.”

Buffy smiled at the memory. “Yeah, we were.”

Spike’s expression shifted to concern as he looked Buffy over. “Are you sure I’m not too rough with you, kitten? I’m more used to sleeping with vampire women than human ones, especially when it comes to anything long term, and, well, they tend to be a bit more…durable.”

“I’m not fragile, Spike.”

He ran his hand down her cheek. “Yeah, luv, you are. You humans don’t like to dwell on it, but you can break pretty easily. And you’ve got a lot of soft, squishy parts. Believe me, I know.”

Buffy swallowed, refusing to dwell on how Spike knew. She didn’t want to think about how he “fed” from anyone other than her. Just because he had to drink blood to survive didn’t automatically make him a killer. She’d lived through him biting her several times, after all.

“I’m okay, Spike. Really. You’ve been rough, but never too rough. And I really don’t want you to change anything. I like things the way they are. It’s…intense.”

“But you’ll tell me if it ever gets to be too much, yeah?”

“I will.” Buffy kissed his cheek. “I promise.”

“Same goes for me biting you, sweetheart. If you don’t like that, you can tell me. I can’t promise I won’t ever forget, but…”

“No, biting’s good,” Buffy said, then blushed at how quickly she’d responded. “I…well…it feels really good when you do it.”

Spike grinned at her. “That’s because if I do it right, it can cause an instantaneous orgasm.”

“That’s handy. Does it have to be during sex, or…”

Spike said nothing as he took her arm and began to gently rub her skin, making Buffy’s pulse quicken. He locked his eyes with hers as his fingers centered on the inside of her wrist, feeling the rapid beat there. Slowly, he brought her wrist to his mouth, kissing that fluttering point before laving it with his tongue until Buffy’s breathing was ragged.

Buffy’s whole body felt on edge, every nerve tingling despite the fact he was only touching one spot. Her breathing grew labored, her body flush. Already, she felt herself teetering on the edge.

Then, Spike’s face shifted, and his fangs were in her flesh before she could register it was happening. Buffy cried out as white hot pleasure/pain shot through her body and she arched off the bed, shaking hard.

When she came down, Spike was gently licking her wrist. He saw her looking at him and his face changed back to human again before he kissed her wrist and let it go. “No, it doesn’t have to be during sex,” he said with a smirk.

Buffy lifted her wrist and inspected it. The now-familiar red mark was there, but the wound has already closed. “And you stopped the bleeding. How thoughtful.”

Spike smirked again, then laid back down beside her. “There’s something in vampire saliva, helps slow the blood. It’s like animals licking their wounds, only a bit more effective.”

“Handy.”

“Yeah, it is. Lets me to taste you.” Spike licked his lips, his eyes glinting.

“And I actually taste good?”

“Oh, baby, you have no idea,” he purred. Then, his voice softened, and he assured her with, “But I won’t take too much.”

“I know,” Buffy said with a smile. “Does it make sex better for you when you bite me? Or does sex just make you hungry?”

Her question made Spike laugh. “Well, it does tend to make me hungry, but then feeding makes me want sex. Truth is, it’s all intertwined for vamps. Blood, sex – they’re part of the same thing.”

“But you’d be willing to try to stop biting me if I asked you to?”

“Yeah, I would. Can’t promise I’d be able to stop myself every time, but I’d certainly try. If you actually wanted me to, that is.”

Buffy kissed his cheek. “Don’t worry, honey. I don’t want you to stop. It’s not something I ever thought I’d like, but then again, I never really gave a lot of thought to whether or not I’d like sex with a vampire at all.”

“Well, most vampires aren’t as sexy as me anyway.”

“No?” Buffy asked with an arch of her eyebrow.

“Nope. That whole idea of the devastatingly sexy vampire lover is just a myth. Except for me, of course. I’m the only exception.” He winked.

Buffy rolled her eyes. “Uh huh. I’m sure.”

“It’s true. You just got incredibly lucky.”

She wrapped her arms around him and pulled him closer. “Well, I guess I can’t argue with the lucky part.”

Spike looked at her for a moment before a wide grin broke over his face. “God, you are bloody adorable.”

Buffy couldn’t help but smile back. She liked this, liked just feeling happy with someone.

It didn’t really seem to matter that the “someone” wasn’t exactly human. It wasn’t like she was the first person ever to get involved with someone who was different from them. And what did this one difference matter when they were compatible in other ways?

She didn’t think it mattered much at all when Spike’s smile turned to a leer. All that mattered then was she wanted him.

And he wanted her.

*** *** ***


Spike was sleeping soundly behind her when Buffy woke up. He had his arm wrapped tightly around her, his body as close to hers as it could be without him actually being inside her.

It made her feel desired, cherished. She never woke up with Riley like this. If she managed to wake up before him, he would usually be on the far side of the bed, his back to her. More often than not, however, he’d be out of bed before she woke up, never wanting to break his morning routine. Even on the weekends he hadn’t taken it easy in the mornings, and Buffy had long since stopped trying to convince him to change.

It didn’t appear that would be an issue with Spike.

Buffy turned in his arms and nuzzled her face against the crook of his neck. Spike rumbled in his sleep, his arm tightening around her. His erection was stabbing into her thigh now, and Buffy felt the need to take care of it for him. She’d never enjoyed just pleasuring a man quite like she did with Spike. She could get a thrill for herself by making him feel good alone.

Buffy reached under the blankets and gripped Spike’s cock, stroking it with slow, even movements.

She knew Spike was awake when he moaned, though his eyes remained closed. After a moment, he murmured, “God, Buffy, that feels so good.”

Buffy smiled a proud, womanly smile. “Roll over on your back, honey. I want to blow you.”

Spike’s eyes popped open then and he searched her face for a moment, as if trying to figure out if he’d heard what he thought he’d heard. With all the time they’d spent in bed, that hadn’t been something she’d done much.

“Are you going to stare at me or are you going to roll over so I can suck your cock?”

Certain now his mind wasn’t playing tricks on him, Spike rolled over like he’d been told. Buffy ducked under the covers, stopping when she was eye-level with his erection. She trailed her finger up the large, dark vein, wondering idly if the blood there had started out as hers. Was that how it worked? Did the blood vampires drank just provide nourishment or did it actually flow through their veins? Her research hadn’t been clear on that at all.

Although right now, she knew she had more pressing matters to attend to.

Buffy wrapped her hand around the thick base of Spike’s cock, keeping it steady as she lowered her mouth over the tip. “Yeah, pet, just like that,” Spike groaned, spurring Buffy on. The couple of times she’d used her mouth on him, Spike had always reacted strongly, making Buffy feel good about herself in the process. She wanted to please him and she wanted to feel successful when she tried.

She moved down, taking as much of him as she could into her mouth as she comfortably could, sucking as her hand slid up and down the rest of him. Buffy soon began to vary her movements, alternating between twisting and sliding her hand, sucking and moving her mouth up and down, making mental notes of what Spike seemed to like the most.

His hand was trembling as he brought it to rest in her hair, encouraging her with a caress of the golden strands. “That’s good, baby,” he told her, his voice choked with want. “So bloody good.”

Buffy smiled around his cock, his praise making her feel proud. She brought her free hand down and took hold of his balls, massaging them the way she knew he liked. Spike groaned, the grip he had on her hair tightening for a moment before he loosened it again.

“Buffy…that’s perfect, kitten. Yeah…keep doing it just like that.”

Buffy did as he asked, her mouth and one hand moving in tandem to meet on his shaft while the other hand worked his balls. Spike moaned, his hips shaking with the effort to keep from bucking up and causing her to choke.

His responses made Buffy feel bolder, more confident in her actions as well as her instincts. Carefully, she brought her head up and gently scraped her teeth along the shaft before lightly nipping at the tip.

“Fuck!” Spike yelled. He panted. “Do that again.”

Buffy smiled to herself before doing what he asked, this time following up by pulling the head of his cock back into her mouth and swirling her tongue around it.

At that, Spike’s hand shot out to grab her shoulder. “Baby, you need to stop,” he said between ragged gasps of breath. “I’m too close. Next thing you do could set me off.”

Buffy slid up, her head poking out from beneath the covers. “I want to finish you off like this.”

Well, if that was what she wanted, Spike certainly wasn’t going to argue the point. “In that case, get back down there.”

She giggled at his response as she slid back under the covers and returned to what she’d been doing. Buffy had stopped swallowing with Riley early in their marriage, deciding not to keep doing it when he did so little for her and she got no personal enjoyment out of the act anyway. But with Spike, she found herself actually wanting to, wanting to see how he would respond to her bringing this act to completion. He was so expressive during sex, and she loved just watching him experience what they shared.

Buffy wrapped her mouth back around him, drawing on long-unused knowledge of how to best go about this. Above her, Spike moaned, his ability to speak seemingly gone now that she’d told him he could give in fully to what she was doing to him and not worry about having to hold back. Wanting to push him over the edge, Buffy tightened the grip she had on his balls while she hummed around his shaft, having a feeling the dual sensations would be his undoing.

She was right.

Spike convulsed beneath her as he shot into her mouth, bellowing with that inhuman roar of his that never failed to make Buffy shiver. Buffy held him in her mouth until the last drop, discovering she hadn’t lost the ability to do this.

When Spike went limp beneath her, Buffy let him slip from her mouth and climbed back up his body, loving the sated expression she’d put on his face. She nipped at his earlobe and then the side of his neck. “Satisfied, baby?”

“God, yes,” Spike replied as he trailed his hand down to cup her bottom. “You are so bloody good at that.”

Buffy rubbed her body against his and practically purred in his ear. “I love making you feel good, Spike.” She paused for a moment, then added, “You’re so…appreciative.”

Spike turned her so he could look at her. “Why wouldn’t I be…” He stopped in mid-sentence. “He really was a git, wasn’t he?”

She ducked her eyes. “I think he just had some very old-fashioned notions about sex.”

At that, Spike snorted. “Please. I was born in bloody Victorian England and it certainly hasn’t stopped me from properly enjoying a woman in bed.”

“Okay, you may have a point there.”

“I definitely have a point there,” Spike corrected. He shook his head. “I know I’ve never met this Riley wanker, but from the looks of things, he was an idiot. Bloke actually got lucky enough to have a woman like you marry him, and then he just threw it all away for some meaningless trysts with hookers?” He shook his head again. “Bastard took for granted what he had.”

For a moment, Buffy just looked at Spike, but lowered her gaze when she realized what was behind his words. “And you can’t really have with me what he had, can you?”

Spike took a moment to answer, and when he did, the word was almost whispered. “No.”

“’Cause even if we can manage to stay together, I’ll get all old and die, and you won’t”

Spike tightened his arms around her, holding her closer. “Yeah, I guess that’s how it would happen. I haven’t…I don’t really know how this is supposed to go. The last time I fell in love with a human, I was one, too.”

“There are some definite roadblocks. We…” Buffy stopped short and pulled away so she could look at him. “Did…did you say you just say you’re in love with me?”

Spike’s eyes widened at her questions and he sputtered for a moment before realizing what he’d said. “Yeah, I guess I did.”

“But…but you’ve only known me for like, a week.”

“I know. It’s crazy. This whole thing is crazy.” Spike turned on his side so he was facing Buffy and put his hand on her cheek. “But when I’m with you, I feel…I feel alive. You make me forget what I am, forget everything but how good I feel around you. I’ve been around a long bloody time, known a lot of women, and not a one of them has made me feel the way you do. So if that isn’t love, well, I’m not sure what is.”

“I…I can’t… I mean…”

Spike put a finger against Buffy’s lips and gave her a partial smile. “Shh, luv. I don’t expect you to say anything back. Hell, I didn’t even expect to be saying it myself.”

“But you do?” Buffy asked as Spike lowered his finger.

“Yeah, kitten. I do.”

Not sure of what she wanted to say, Buffy kissed him instead.

*** *** ***


Please review.