Spike watched the look of lust on Buffy’s face be quickly replaced by distress the moment her estranged husband’s voice boomed from through the door. “You want me to make him go away?” Spike asked.

“Yes,” Buffy said quickly, then realized she may have said that a little too quickly. “Um…I mean, if you wouldn’t mind…”

“Mind?” Spike asked, Riley’s fist pounding on the door sounding in the background. “Please. If I didn’t plan to spend the next several hours shagging your brains out, I’d suspect it would be the highlight of my day.”

Buffy chuckled. “Well then, have at it.”

With a look of pure glee in his eyes, Spike bounded from the couch and flung open the door, the porch enough to protect him from any direct sunlight. “What the hell do you want, wanker?”

Riley was obviously surprised to see Spike at the door. “Who are you?”

“I’m Buffy’s boyfriend, you pillock. Who the hell are you?”

“I’m her husband,” Riley snapped, quickly pushing back his surprise to make room for anger.

“The worthless piece of shite who was fucking around on her?”

Riley gaped for a moment before he pointed an accusatory finger at Spike. “You have no right to talk about my marriage.”

“Your marriage is over, you miserable excuse for a man. Stay the hell away from Buffy.”

“Look, you arrogant little punk, Buffy is my wife. We may be having some problems, but that doesn’t change the fact that we’re married. We’re going to work things out, even if she has made the very bad judgment call of having a fling with you.”

Spike balled his fists at his side, using every bit of strength he had to keep the demon at bay. He wanted nothing more than to sink his fangs into the pathetic wanker’s beefy neck and tear him apart – quite possibly after he fucked Buffy right in front of him and showed him exactly whose woman she was.

But something told Spike Buffy wouldn’t appreciate either gesture, so he kept his demon in check.

“Look, you’re embarrassing yourself here, mate,” Spike said, forcing his tone to stay even, his body language relaxed. “Buffy’s not interested in you. So just go. Let her get on with her life in peace.”

“You can’t keep my out of my own house,” Riley snarled. “I came here to see my wife, and that’s what I’m going to do.”

Riley pushed past Spike in an attempt to get to Buffy, but it took Spike only a moment to move like the predator he was, grab Riley, and push him against the wall. “You stay the hell away from her,” Spike said, his voice a growl of warning. “You’ve already hurt her enough.”

The demon in Spike was screaming for the blood of the person who dared to try to touch his woman while the man in him railed against the injustice that had been done to Buffy. It wasn’t often that the demon and the man were in such perfect synch – and it didn’t bode well for Riley.

However, Riley clearly didn’t know how dangerous the situation he’d put himself in truly was. He pushed Spike back and once again turned his sights on Buffy.

“What is this, Buffy?” Riley yelled. “Did you think you could get me back for sleeping with whores by being one?”

Almost as soon as the words were out of Riley’s mouth, Spike struck. He punched Riley hard, loving the satisfying crunch he felt beneath his fist.

Riley stumbled to the ground from the force of Spike’s blow, then looked up in shock as blood streamed down his face. “I think you broke my nose,” he said in disbelief, his hand covering his nose.

“Get out before I break something you cherish a bit more,” Spike snarled, his nostrils flaring at the scent of Riley’s blood. His demon howled beneath the surface again.

Riley rose shakily to his feet, trying to stare Spike down. “Look, you scrawny piece of shit, I have military training, so you really don’t want to make this a fight.”

Spike sneered, the look in his eyes enough to scare anyone with sense. “Don’t underestimate me, boy. You really just want to walk away from this.”

“When I get done with you, you won’t be walking away from anything,” Riley threatened.

Sensing things were about to get really ugly, Buffy jumped up from the couch and ran between the two men. “Riley, that’s enough. You can’t just barge in here, insult me, and threaten my boyfriend.”

“He broke my nose, Buffy!” Riley yelled.

“Because you called me a whore! Get out here now, Riley. This is harassment, and if I have to take the matter to the police, I will.”

Riley sneered at her. “You know, you keep saying that, but this is my house. The police can’t make me stay out of it.”

“Actually, seeing as you’ve been making threats and harassing your ex, I’m thinking the cops would have a different view on that,” Spike said as he placed his hand on Buffy’s shoulder. “And didn’t you say you had pictures of him soliciting prostitutes, luv? I’m sure the police would really love to get a look at those.”

“I do have them,” Buffy said, Spike’s touch making her feel calmer almost immediately. “Several copies, in fact. Doesn’t solicitation get you jail time?”

Riley pointed a bloody finger at Buffy. “You are going to come back to me,” he said before storming out of the house and slamming the door behind him.

For several moments, the room was silent. Finally, Spike cleared his throat and spoke. “Uh, pet? You didn’t tell me your ex is completely insane.”

“I didn’t know he was. He’s not usually like this.”

“Ever try to leave him before?”

“No.”

Spike turned Buffy around to face him. “Kitten, listen to me. Don’t ever open the door to him if I’m not around. If he does show up and you’re alone, call the police immediately. Don’t speak to him, and don’t hesitate to make that phone call.”

Buffy swallowed. “You…you really think he’s that dangerous?”

“Yeah, I do. Man like that, he doesn’t take too well to losing what he thinks is his.”

Buffy went back to the couch and put her face in her hands for a moment before she looked up again. “Why is this happening to me? It’s not bad enough that I had to endure being married to the man, but now he’s going all possessive psycho on me, too?”

Spike came over and knelt in front of the couch, taking her hands in his. “I’m sorry, sweetheart. You don’t deserve this at all. Would it make you feel better if you came to stay with me for a little while? He wouldn’t know where you were then, and you wouldn’t have to worry about being alone.”

“You…you wouldn’t mind? I wouldn’t be like totally cramping your vampire style?”

Spike smiled warmly at her and brought one hand up to touch her hair. “No, luv. All that matters to me is that you’re safe.”

“You…you really love me, don’t you?”

“Yeah, I do.”

Buffy looked down at the hand still in hers and ran her fingers over his knuckles. “You didn’t hurt your hand on his nose, did you?”

“No, I’m fine. You gonna give me an answer, pet?”

“I…” Buffy took a deep breath and let it out in a rush. “Yeah. We…we can do it for a bit, but if you get tired of having me around…”

Spike tilted his face so she was looking at him again. “Not gonna happen, kitten. You must be able to tell by now that I like having you around.”

“You seem to,” she said, giving into a small smile. “And I would feel safer. This…this is the second time he’s shown up here. I had the locks changed after the last time.”

“Did he just let himself in?”

“Yeah. It was really late on Thursday. I came back from your place and took a shower, and when I came out of the bathroom, he was in the bedroom.”

“Okay, you’re definitely staying with me for a while. And it might be a good idea to let someone at work know what’s going on, too. He’s already shown he’s willing to contact you there, too, with the flowers. He could step it up to personal visits.”

Buffy sighed. “I know. You’re right. God, am I like totally stalkalicious or something?”

Spike’s brow furrowed. “What do you mean?”

“I dated this guy before Riley, and he went totally crazy on me. He actually broke into my house to write messages in blood on the walls. The police said it was animal blood, but still – creepy.” She dropped her head in her hands again. “God, I sure do know how to pick ‘em.”

“Two stalkers and a vampire. Yeah, I’d say you have bleedin’ tragic taste in men all right.”

Buffy peeked out from behind her fingers to give him a glare before dropping her hands and sighing. “Actually, you’ve treated me better than any other guy I’ve ever been with, fangs and all.”

Spike kissed her forehead. “And I plan to keep it that way.” He stood up, then sat beside her on the couch. “So we’ll wait until it gets dark, and then we’ll go over to my place. You can bring whatever you need.”

“Thank you. I really do appreciate this. I’m…I’m not sure I could sleep here tonight.”

“Can’t say that I blame you.”

Buffy sighed, the sound of it weary. “Would it be all right if I took a nap? I suddenly feel really, really tired.”

“Of course, sweetheart. You want me with you?”

Buffy nodded. “Could you maybe just…hold me?”

“I’d be happy to, lamb.”

Spike walked with Buffy into the bedroom, her small hand wrapped in his. As soon as they were on the bed, she curled herself around him, her heart – which had been thudding since Riley’s visit – slowing down to a normal rhythm.

She felt safe with him. Regardless of what he was, she felt safe with him.

And Spike was beginning to think she didn’t have any reason not to.

His demon had been roaring during the fight with Riley, desperate for blood – until Buffy had stepped between them. The demon had still wanted Riley dead, still wanted to rip out his throat; however, it had been willing to step back and take a defensive position, with Buffy’s safety the paramount issue.

It wasn’t until Riley left and things began to calm that Spike realized what that meant.

His demon loved Buffy, too.

Spike couldn’t remember a time when the beast inside him was as calm as it was in that moment. He could hear the flow of her blood in her veins, and yet the demon wasn’t calling for it, despite the fact he hadn’t truly fed the night before. And while the thought of tasting her blood made him tremble, she didn’t trigger thoughts of food.

While he knew he probably had better control of his demon than most of his kind, he was still subject to its desires. Rarely were the demon he was and the man he had been in such perfect synch. Yet somehow, all of him had managed to fall in love with the tiny woman curled up in his arms. He wouldn’t have even believed it were possible except for that there was no mistaking what he felt.

Buffy made a noise that drew Spike back to the moment. “You’re comfy,” she said, her eyes still closed. “Way better than a pillow.”

Spike smiled and kissed the top of her head. “Glad you think so, luv.”

Buffy snuggled closer to him, though she still didn’t open her eyes. “I feel all…cozy. And completely content despite Riley being such an ass.”

Her words made him feel warm, even though he didn’t even know how that was possible. “Me, too, kitten.”

“I like it when you call me kitten,” Buffy said with a smile.

“It’s what you remind me of, all tiny an’ warm.” He smirked even though he knew she couldn’t see it. “And I’ve got to watch the claws.”

Buffy giggled as she finally opened her eyes enough to peek up at him. “And here I thought you liked the claws.”

“Oh, baby. I love the claws. Feel free to dig them into me anytime you want.”

In response, Buffy ran her fingernails down his bare chest, lightly scraping the skin. Spike shook, his cock instantly responding to any touch from her. “Careful, pet,” he warned, knowing how difficult it would be to calm himself down once she worked him up.

Buffy nipped at the side of his chest, causing Spike to grow rock-hard in an instant. “Or what, you’ll pounce? I may be a kitten, but you – you’re a big jungle cat.” She bit his side again, harder this time.

“Buffy…” Spike said, warning in his tone. “I thought you wanted to rest.”

“I did. But then we were here, and you’re so close…” She looked up at him, a twinkle in her eye. “Besides, you were actually pretty hot fending Riley off.”

Spike arched an eyebrow. “Yeah?”

“Mmhmm.” She licked the small red mark her teeth had left on his skin.

“So…you don’t want me just to hold you?”

“Nope. Changed my mind on that.” Buffy winked. “Woman’s prerogative and all.”

“Well, maybe I just want to cuddle,” Spike countered, trying very hard to keep a straight face.

Buffy’s hand moved under the covers to unbutton his jeans and grip his cock. “Yeah, right. There’s no way you can be this hard and just want to cuddle.”

Spike moaned and thrust his hips up towards her soft hand, wishing her touch could be everywhere at once. Even after what he’d experienced with Drusilla, he’d never imagined that one woman’s touch could be so much more than anyone else’s. With just a tap of her finger, Buffy could shake him to his core.

And it wasn’t just the heat of her skin or the sound and scent of fresh human blood flowing in her veins. Buffy was far from his first human, and yet, none of the others had ever been like this.

With her hand pumping a steady rhythm on his cock, Buffy nipped at Spike’s neck, putting another dent into is control. “How do you want me, baby?” she asked in a breathy whisper, adding to the pressure Spike already felt in his cock.

“On your back,” he replied without hesitation, knowing exactly what he wanted. Now wasn’t the time for creativity or playfulness. He wanted inside of her, wanted to feel her surrounding him, drawing him into the best place he’d ever been.

And his demon wanted to stake its claim, put his mark on the woman another man had dared try to call his.

Buffy immediately rolled over, letting Spike settle between her legs without teasing. He pushed her shirt up, exposing her stomach and pert breasts before shoving her shorts off her legs and ripping her panties. He pushed his jeans off his hips, gripped his cock, and slid into her.

She clenched around him and called out his name, and Spike had to still himself for a moment, holding off the urge to succumb to the feel of her already. She was impossibly tight, perfectly soft, and that first moment was always a threat to his control.

It didn’t help that she’d immediately begun to squirm beneath him, with all sorts of sexy noises coming from her. Why any man would pay for sex when they had a woman like this at home was something Spike would never understand, but at the moment he would gladly thank Riley for his stupidity.

Buffy brought her legs up, her ankles locked behind his back, and pulled Spike deeper into her. She whimpered, her pink tongue moving over her full lips, making them glisten. “Spike…baby, please. You gotta move. I need to feel you moving inside me.”

He couldn’t hold back any longer after that plea. Spike still wasn’t sure he could keep himself from shooting off like a schoolboy, but he gave in anyway, too desperate for the woman beneath him to deny himself any longer. He drove into her, lost in the sensation of filling her and being surrounded.

His senses had been heightened for so long he’d forgotten what they were like before, but when he was with Buffy, everything seemed to sharpen even more until all he knew was her scent, her touch, her taste. Her cries of pleasure echoed in his ears and his fingers itched with the need to feel every part of her.

He became so lost in the sensations of being with her that Spike almost missed what she was saying. She was trembling, hanging just on the edge, and begging him over and over again for what she knew would send her over. “Bite me. Please…bite me.”

The plea alone would’ve sent Spike into the throes of an orgasm if it weren’t for the fact that he would rather come with the taste of her blood on his tongue. She was whimpering in desperation, clawing at his arms as she tried to draw him closer, and Spike wasn’t about to deny her.

He let his demon rush forward, the feel of letting his fangs break the surface a release in itself. He always struggled to keep his human face in the fore with Buffy, not wanting to scare her, and it was a relief to be able to stop holding back now.

Spike brought his mouth to her neck, licking and sucking at her pulse point, drawing a keening sound from her. She shook harder, drew blood herself as her nails cut deeper.

The moment his fangs slid into her skin, Buffy came. She screamed his name, her pussy strangling Spike’s cock as her inner walls fluttered rapidly. The sweet taste of her blood flowed over his tongue, and Spike was gone, too, feeding from her as he shot inside of her. It was a moment of sheer pleasure, of nothing but feeling, and in it he knew why she’d been so easy to love.

As his cock stopped jerking, Spike brought his fangs from her neck, careful not to tear the delicate flesh. Gently, he licked the wounds closed, worshipping her skin with his tongue, wanting to leave her whole.

When he felt Buffy tug gently on his hair, he looked up at her, smiling when he saw her smiling at him. He forgot he was still in game face until she ran her fingers along the ridges of his forehead. His smile fell then, and he wished he’d had the sense to change back before she got such a good look at this side of him. It had never been something he was ashamed of, but with Buffy, it wasn’t something he really wanted to give her a chance to see clearly either. He was too afraid of scaring her off.

However, Spike learned what a waste that fear was as soon as Buffy spoke, her voice soft, almost reverent. “You’re beautiful like this.”

Spike filled with emotion, unsure of what to say. So he whispered the only word that had any real meaning to him at the moment. “Buffy…”

“Do I need to be afraid, Spike?” she asked, as if she knew the answer, as if he was the one who needed to hear it instead.

His chest tightened in a way Spike hadn’t thought was possible anymore. “No, kitten. You don’t.”

Buffy kissed him. His fangs nicked her lip. She didn’t care.

*** *** ***


Please review.