Buffy was feeling better already. Spike had been right about her needing something to eat, and she decided to just write off what she’d thought was him being distant to him worrying about her. He certainly wasn’t being distant now. After she’d eaten, he’d helped her back into bed, then cuddled up beside her, seeming perfectly content that he had to find something to do with her other than sex.

Instead, he’d started talking, and Buffy now found herself listening in rapt fascination as he told her stories of the places he’d been and the things he’d seen in his long life. Things she’d once thought of as only relegated to history books came alive for her as he accounted them firsthand, and she curled up against his chest, feeling the rich baritone of his voice rumble through her as she listened.

“I’m not boring you, pet?” Spike asked eventually, wondering if her silence was a sign that she didn’t want to talk at all.

Buffy shook her head. “No. Far from it, actually. Although I think I am a little jealous.”

“Jealous?” Spike asked with a frown. “How so?”

“You’ve just done so much, seen so much. I’ve only left California a handful of times. And I’ve definitely never seen Europe.”

Spike frowned harder. “Now that’s a bloody shame, luv.”

“Tell me about it,” Buffy muttered in response.

Spike threaded his fingers through her hair, waiting a moment before he asked, “Do you think you’d let me show you sometime?”

“Show me what?” Buffy asked. “Europe?”

“The world, if you’d let me,” Spike replied.

Buffy looked up and met his eyes and, for a moment, wondered if there was more to his question than a desire to take her on vacation. Did he want her to see the world the way he had? And if so, did she want to let him?

It surprised her that a part of her really did. She didn’t know if it was simply a romantic notion or a product of her dissatisfaction with her current life, but she couldn’t say she was completely turned off by the idea of letting Spike make her like him. It would make things simpler, wouldn’t it? Vampires didn’t have to deal with things like stalkerish ex-husbands…

But then was she oversimplifying things? Was she basing the existence of a vampire on what she’d seen in movies? Spike said before he’d met her, he’d been lonely. Would she be cursing herself to a lonely existence by being what he was? While the idea of spending an eternity with someone sounded romantic, would it be so good in the long run? She’d only known Spike for a little over a week. What if she decided now to try for eternity with him only to have the relationship collapse? And furthermore, he’d already told her that the vampire he’d been with in the beginning had died, so Buffy knew vampires weren’t completely immortal. What if she asked Spike to turn her and then he was gone? Could she take that risk? Did she want to?

No, she realized. She didn’t. And romantic as eternity sounded, she was practical enough to know that making that leap would be insane and that the chances of it ending well were very, very small. She couldn’t turn her entire life into something else because of a man she’d only just met. It was a crazy risk to take and one she knew she wasn’t ready for.

Yet when she answered him, she found herself saying, “Maybe. Someday.”

Spike caught the look in her eyes and knew where her thoughts had strayed. “It doesn’t have to only be like that, luv. I can still take you away, just like you are now.”

Buffy felt the aching in her legs and wondered if he really could. “I know.”

“I mean it, Buffy. I wouldn’t love you any more than I already do if you were like me. I’m happy with you, the way things are now.”

“I know.”

“Do you?” Spike asked, his brown wrinkling.

Buffy lowered her gaze from his, though she nestled herself closer against his chest. “Just tell me more about your life, okay? I liked that.”

Reluctantly, Spike agreed, though he knew the conversation they kept skirting around was not one they could avoid having forever.

*** *** ***


Spike wasn’t surprised when Buffy decided to go to work the next morning, nor did he try to stop her. She was still limping somewhat as she moved around the room to get ready, though she seemed to be in better shape than she had been the previous morning.

However, when he noticed her going towards the door without saying a word to him, Spike did speak up. “Are you coming back tonight, luv?”

Buffy turned quickly towards the bed, visibly startled. “I thought you were asleep.”

Spike shook his head. “I woke up when you did.”

“Oh. Sorry.”

“It’s all right. You weren’t loud or anything. I think it was just an automatic response to the loss of your warmth.” Spike held his arm out towards her. “Can I at least have a good bye kiss?”

He worried that she’d say no, that the distance her soreness had put between them the day before would grow into something more. Spike knew it might only be paranoid, but he spent so much of his time with her on edge, terrified that she would decide she didn’t want to be with a man as different as he was, that she wanted something better for herself.

She eased his fears when she came back to the bed and climbed over to him, kissing him with enough tenderness and passion to make him tremble. “I wasn’t trying to sneak out on you,” she assured him, as if able to read the worries behind his eyes. “I just didn’t want to wake you up. This is like, the middle of the night for you.”

Spike caressed her cheek with his thumb. “I appreciate the sentiment, luv, but I’ll never mind getting woken up by you.”

Her smile was the blinding one he adored so much, the one that made him think maybe she had as much of her heart invested in this as he did. “Good to know.”

He took her hand, felt the steady beat of her pulse beneath his fingertips. “When do you get off from work?”

“Five-thirty, though I have a lunch break at one. I couldn’t stay more than half an hour, but if you wanted, I could come by then, too.” Buffy’s grin turned mischievous. “Maybe see if my legs are up for a quickie.”

Spike grinned back at her. “I can definitely say I like that idea, kitten.” He gave her another kiss. “Have a good day at work, luv. Play nice with the other corporate drones.”

Buffy hit him lightly on the back of his head. “Ass.” Spike just chuckled, and she shook her head as she kissed his forehead. “I really like you,” she told him softly.

Her admission made Spike pull back and look at her, wanting to read between the lines and hear something else. “Do you?”

“Yes,” Buffy replied. “I…I should be getting to work now. I don’t want to be late.”

Spike nodded, understanding. “I love you, sweetheart.”

“I know you do.” Buffy slid her hand away from his and got off the bed. “I’ll see you in a few hours, Spike.”

“I’m looking forward to it,” Spike replied, his voice full of sensual promise.

Knowing if she didn’t leave now she’d never be able to, Buffy hurried into the elevator.

*** *** ***


The morning seemed to drag on forever, and by the time one o’clock rolled around, Buffy all but ran out of her office and down to her car. She dreaded even the fifteen minute drive to Spike’s, and wished she’d never gotten out of bed that morning at all. Her sore muscles may have only put her out of commission for a day, but that had been a day Buffy had spent without Spike inside of her, and that was too long.

As soon as she reached Spike’s, she rushed out of her car and into the building, her focus solely on the man waiting for her inside and not at all on her current surroundings. She trembled as she waited for the elevator to open, and as soon as it did, she found Spike waiting there for her, dressed in nothing but his jeans, his chest bare.

Buffy flung herself into his arms. Her legs still ached some, but not enough for her to care – and certainly not enough to keep her from what she wanted.

“Can I?” Spike asked, his body shaking with barely-contained passion.

“You better,” Buffy replied. “I feel like I could die if I don’t have you inside me right now.”

Spike growled in response as he kissed her, moving her towards the bed as he did. As soon as she was against the mattress, he pushed her skirt up to her hips, a grin spreading across his face when he saw she’d once again skipped the panties. “I love it when you’re bare underneath your clothes, luv,” he told her, running one long finger along her slit.

“I knew it would be a waste to wear them,” Buffy replied, her tone teasing though her gaze was lustful. “They’d just get ruined if I spent all day thinking about coming home to you.”

“Then you were a smart girl not to wear them. And smart girls get rewarded.” Spike dove down between her legs, pushing his fingers inside of her as his tongue worked against her clit, the taste of her desire already strong. Buffy moaned his name, any thoughts of sore muscles long gone as she clamped her thighs around his head and grabbed hold of his hair.

With his face pressed against her dripping pussy, Spike grinned. He’d live off this if he could, the flavor of her juices sweeter than any blood he’d ever known. He drank greedily, not stopping as Buffy spasmed around him, shouting her pleasure as her fingers tangled tighter in his hair, her fingernails scratching his scalp.

When she fell limp around him, Spike slid up Buffy’s body, licking his lips in satisfaction. Buffy was panting and flushed, and Spike was certain he’d never seen a woman look so gloriously debauched as she did right then. “Enjoy that, sweetheart?” he asked, his tone teasing, letting her know he knew the answer as well as she did.

“Uh huh.” Buffy lifted her hand to beckon him closer, but flashed him an apologetic look as she noticed a few strands of platinum blond hair between her fingertips. “Sorry, honey.”

Spike shook his head. “Nothing to be sorry for. I like making you lose control. Gets me all hard.”

“Then you must be really hard right now,” Buffy said, her hand sneaking down to cup his erection. “Yep, I was right.”

Spike groaned, panting heavily as she opened his jeans, pulled his cock into her hands, and began to stroke him. “Achingly hard, kitten. Desperate to be inside you.”

Buffy tugged gently on his cock, guiding him towards her entrance. It was all the invitation he needed, and Spike moved over her, careful not to stress her legs too much as he spread them apart to make room for his body. “Comfortable enough, luv?” he asked softly.

“Yeah. I’m good,” Buffy replied. Her lips curled up in a sly smile. “But I’ll be even better when you’re making me scream your name.”

Spike shivered. He’d be better then, too… He dropped a quick kiss on her forehead, then pushed inside of her body, groaning as he was enveloped by her wet heat. He didn’t think he’d ever been with a woman who got as wet as her, allowing him to slide easily in and out of her despite the fact she was vise-tight.

It didn’t take long before she was screaming his name just like she’d said she wanted to, and Spike groaned, speeding up the movements of his hips. She was also the most vocal woman he’d ever been with, even if her vocalizations tended to be more screams and moans than actual words. But the sounds she made were enough to spur him on, to let him know beyond any doubt that she loved this.

She dug her fingernails into his forearms a second before her pussy began to contract, growing even tighter as her internal walls fluttered around him, caressing him in a way that never failed to drive him wild. He didn’t try to fight his release, wanting to join her in pleasure, fall with her over that peak.

Panting, he fell against her chest, a small sound of contentment vibrating in the back of her throat as her hand stroked his hair. He nuzzled against her neck, breathing in the scent of her skin, tainted with him.

“I’m never going to change how I feel about you, Buffy,” he murmured. “It’s too strong to stop.”

Buffy wrapped her arms tighter around him, knowing she wasn’t going to make it back to work before the end of her lunch break, but unable to care.

*** *** ***


Riley sat in his car in the parking lot across from the building he’d watched Buffy enter, his patience wearing thin. He hadn’t known where she’d been headed when he’d followed her out of the parking lot of her office building, but he’d hoped she’d been going to see her “boyfriend” – and given the time she was spending inside, he suspected he’d been right.

When she finally came downstairs, he could see even from where he was that her hair was rumpled, and she carried her shoes in her hands. Anger flared inside of Riley, his rage directed at the man who would dare to touch his wife. Buffy had vowed to be his forever, and she couldn’t just take that back now. They were going to work things out, and he needed to realize that – and stop bringing other men’s wives into his bed.

Once Buffy was gone, Riley drove across the street, his hands shaking as he gripped the steering wheel. This affair of Buffy’s was going to stop now – Riley would make sure of it.

And when it did, Buffy would come to her senses and remember who she belonged to.

*** *** ***


Comments anyone?