Author's Chapter Notes:
many thanks to Ariadne, Cordykitten, Midnight Girl, Fyreburned, Pyro63, and Darkrivertempest for their kind reviews. they really made my day.
The party lasted for days. William lost count after about the seventh day of feasting and partying. It had been wonderful, tales had been told, gifts given and received, songs sung and games played. William danced long into the night, enjoying holding Buffy’s hand during the circle dances, but his favourite memory had to be playing blind man’s bluff.

Anya had suggested the game one evening when things had quietened down. She had grabbed a length of cloth and tied it tightly around Xander’s eyes and run off into the hall giggling. Xander had tried to follow her but everyone got in his way. Eventually he had caught William and guessed whom he had caught, leaving William with the blind.

William had been nervous about being blindfolded for a short time: it reminded him too much of the cruel games his brothers played on him when he was growing up, but had joined in the laughter when he tripped over a dog and then Andrew. Suddenly his arms were filled with a soft warm shape. He ran his hands up to the face and brushed his fingertips over the lips and cheeks.

‘Buffy,’ he whispered, his heart in his throat as he pulled the blindfold off of his eyes and looked into hers. More than anything he wanted to kiss those lips. Her tongue moistened the top lip and he couldn’t help the groan that escaped from him.

‘That was hot!’ Tara whispered to Willow, who nodded and whispered ‘later’ to her lover. The games continued long into the night and they were all tired when they finally took to their beds. William was completely used to the sounds the Hall made at night: the soft murmurings, of little Alex crying gently before being fed, of people making love, of the dogs dreaming of chasing squirrels. It was like a lullaby to him now. But this night there was a different noise. Someone was creeping out of their sleeping area and around the fire.

William looked over: who ever it was wasn’t heading for the piss-pot in the corner. He could see it clearly in the light of the fire, the fire that hadn’t been covered at all during the nights of the winter feast. Buffy was wearing her thin under-robe and he could see the shape of her body beneath it. William wondered where she was going; she seemed to be heading for the door. Buffy pulled aside the heavy tapestry that prevented the draughts from coming into the hall and, grabbing her cloak off of its peg, slipped out into the night.

William pulled on his shoes and trews and had to follow. He knew that Buffy would be safe inside the pale but he was curious as to what she’d seen outside that made her venture out so late at night.

Buffy was sitting on a log, wrapped up in her fur-lined cloak watching the sky. The stars shone like day and the Midhgardhsormr, the serpent, shone like a rope in the sky as the world serpent curled around Midgard and the stars spun around the Nail.

Then William could see what had brought her outside: the sky was alive with green, blue and pink flashes. He’d never seen such colours as they danced and wove all around them. He could even hear them humming.

‘The Dancers,’ she said quietly. ‘I have loved them since I was a child,’ she added.
William started to shiver: he hadn’t thought to bring a cloak. Buffy shuffled up on the log and held out her cloak to William; he sat by her side and she wrapped the thick fur cloak around them both. He lifted up his arm and she leant against his shoulder. And there they sat for the longest time, watching the lights play in the sky.

When it was over they made their way back to the hall, both chilled from the outside: the frost was already forming around them as their feet trod the path. Buffy made her way quietly past the sleeping forms of Andrew and Jon and headed to her place in the beds.
William thought about how wonderful it had felt when she had been in his arms, and found himself wishing there was some way it could have lasted forever. He slipped off his trews and pulled the blankets back around him.

He tried to get comfortable again as the blankets warmed his chilled body. He had turned his back on the hall, content with his thoughts and memories, when he felt the presence of someone by his side. The person was spreading another cover over him and climbing in beside him. He felt cold feet against his and was ready to shout at whoever it was, but when he turned over he came face to face with Buffy, her eyes looking straight into his soul. She reached across a hand and started to trace his cheeks, and down to his mouth.

‘Don’t tease me Buffy please, and please, for God’s sake don’t start something you’re not willing to finish.’

‘I intend to finish everything I start tonight,’ Buffy whispered and kissed him gently on the lips. William deepened the kiss but he didn’t know what else to do, he felt so useless.
His hands didn’t know where to stroke or touch, he had no knowledge of how to give a woman’s body pleasure. He was desperate to quench the fire that was building in him. William could feel his cock growing and hardening; Buffy’s hands crept down his chest and onto his stomach, but he still didn’t know what to do with his.

‘Do you like that?’ Buffy whispered.

‘God yes,’ he managed to stutter, but he knew that he had to stop the madness now, before he disappointed this amazing woman. He pulled back from her slightly.

‘Buffy, I don’t know what to do. I have never been with a woman before and I don’t want to get this wrong.’

Buffy looked at William. His dirty blond curls lay like the wind had played with them: all mussed up. They made her want to run her fingers through them just to feel their softness.

‘Please, Lady, tell me what to do, what you like, I really don’t want to get this wrong,’ he repeated.

Buffy looked at him and smiled. ‘Feel me William, just feel me with your hands, you’ll know when I like it.’

William ran his hands down her shoulders and her arms; finding her hands he raised them to his lips and kissed the tips of her fingers, loving the little whimpers and shivers she gave. He dropped the hands again and started feeling the flesh where his hands landed. He followed it up and realised he was touching her thighs. He could feel the flesh, soft and warm and welcoming. He followed the flesh round ‘til he reached the globe of her buttocks. Buffy pulled away for a second and William thought he’d done something wrong, but Buffy was slipping off her under-dress.

‘Some one here has way too many clothes on,’ she smiled. William hurried to strip off his top as well, and lay there naked by her side. She leant forward again and he could feel her breasts against his chest. Her nipples hard with desire. They started kissing more deeply again. William felt his cock harder than he thought was possible: it ached for her touch, her hand, her something…

‘I need more,’ William said breathlessly, ‘but I don’t know what.’

‘I know what you need,’ she answered pulling him on top of her and into the cradle of her womanhood.

His cock was between them, hard and firm. William knew some of the theory about what was to happen but was very unsure, and his thoughts seemed to be melting under Buffy’s kisses.

She took his hand and guided it down to his male hardness and guided it and him to the centre of her womanhood. William could feel the entrance to her; Buffy removed her hand and lifted her hips. William felt himself slipping into her. It was warm and welcoming, it felt like home. He pushed further and further in until he was completely imbedded within her. Buffy put her hands on his hips and guided him back and forward to get the rhythm started. When William had begun to move on his own, she used her hands to explore his body: his chest, his arms, his back. He could feel her nails beginning to dig into his skin as she felt the fever rise in her; she put a hand between them and found her nub and started rubbing it. William followed her hand down and took over rubbing her most private of places. He loved the moans and little noises she was making. He kissed her breast, neck, her mouth until her felt her shiver and shake beneath him. That caused his body to explode into hers, shooting his cum deep into her body. He fell exhausted to her side and pulled her into his arms. She lay with her head on his chest and they were both soon asleep.