Author's Chapter Notes:
many many thanks to those kind enough to review. my muse is finally listening and working again, all be it slowly. hope you all enjoy the next chapter
Buffy barely heard the noise of most of the guests leaving. The only thing she could hear was her breath and William’s, in time with one another, the rhythm following that of their hearts. Ingimund gently pushed between the two lovers and guided Buffy to a seat. William watched every emotion flicker on Buffy’s face as Ingimund laid a hammer in her lap; Buffy stroked the shaft suggestively with her fingers, making him hotter and harder if it were at all possible. Buffy licked her bottom lip, her tongue poking between her lips as she moistened them, a real promise of what was to come. If he died now, William would die happy. He moved forward to stand in front of her as Helga removed the hammer and returned it to Ingimund. William pulled her to her feet and swiftly up into his arms; as he carried her to the prepared bed she lifted her hand up to stroke his cheek. She couldn’t believe that they were really together with the blessings of both peoples. No: the demands of both peoples. Buffy pulled his mouth closed and nibbled on his bottom lip, her tongue begging for entrance. William opened his mouth to let the marauding tongue in. They battled for dominance, forgetting all about Athelflaed and Thora, Ingimund and Athelred, waiting to witness the final part of the marriage.

Buffy slipped down from his grasp to stand on her feet as the women came up to help her get undressed. The dress of green and yellow, the colours of Freya the lady of fertility and lust, was carefully folded and laid aside for the morning, with her jewellery on top. Buffy stood in just her underdress barefoot and waiting for her new lord. She dug her toes deep into the sheepskin on the floor and was grateful for the heat from the brazier.

The Lords waited on William in the same manner, helping him off with his robes, leaving just the long Saxon undershirt to cover his modesty. Athelred hung William’s sword from a peg by the head of the bed and gave a small bow as he left them to reclaim the ale he had left the other side of the curtain.

Thora pulled back the blankets and Buffy slipped into the bed. The new nettle-fibre sheets felt soft and luxurious on her sensitive skin. As Ingimund joined Athelred behind the thin curtain she slipped off her final gown, leaving herself naked to the world. She looked up at the rafters and smiled. Someone had tied a small hammer and cross into the herbs hung above the bed. She turned to watch William shrug off the last of his clothes, his manhood already standing proud from his body, as he joined her in the bed. It had been too long for either of them and William could hardly believe she was finally his.

His physique could only be described as amazing, from the breadth of his shoulders down to his narrow waist. She longed to kiss her way down the short v of hairs that led to a far more interesting reward. William stroked her arm with the back of his fingers, every touch, every caress making her shudder more and more.


They lay like that, side by side, simply stroking one another’s skin for some minutes, lost in the magic that was them alone, until a cough from behind the curtain reminded William that he still had one last duty to perform.
Buffy smiled and hid her face in his shoulder; William leant down and lifted her chin up, dropping the softest ghost of a kiss on her lips. He deepened it until he was plundering her mouth, making her want more. He ran his hands up and down her arms and slipped them down her hips and round to her buttocks. He pulled her closer to him, tighter against his firm body. She could feel his erection digging into her stomach and groaned. They had no need for words; Buffy wrapped her arms around him and gripped his shoulders tightly, pulling him even closer. William pushed her gently and she rolled onto her back, taking her husband with her.

William took a deep breath as his body remembered the sheer joy of laying between Buffy’s legs. He could feel the cradle of her hips supporting him as his manhood bumped against her wet centre. She felt like she was on fire as he nibbled down her neck and across her shoulder, alternating kisses and nibbles, his fingers exploring every inch of her. One hand brushed down her breast and started rubbing the already erect nipple; he pulled her waist closer, using his strong thighs to open her legs further. He slipped into heaven as he neared her core. His free hand found her nub and caressed it, rubbing it harder and harder, getting lost in the moans and cries she made as he forced her body higher and higher. It was more magnificent than he remembered. He slipped a long supple finger into her tight channel, then another, searching for and finding the bundle of nerves that sent her over the edge. William kissed her deeply as she came from riding his hand, swallowing down every cry and moan as though they were the apples of Idun.

When the final shivers and shakes had finished he looked into those amazing eyes and smiled. ‘Ready pet?’ he asked gently, the first words either had spoken since the handfasting.

‘I have been ready for you all my life,’ she whispered back and pulled herself up to give him a kiss. As she did so she felt him slip the tip of his incredible shaft into her entrance that was wet with need of him.

She wrapped her hands around his neck ad pulled him down to her as he slipped further into her welcoming depths. He kissed her deeply, their tongues duelling and playing with each other as he pushed himself fully home, right up to the hilt of his shaft. Buffy felt tighter than he thought possible, and although she was wet and willing he found the entrance into her body difficult. He felt that his manhood was being strangled and he had to wait until she had adjusted to his generous girth and length.

When the breathing from both of them had settled following the initial invasion William set up the oldest of rhythms, ensuring he twisted his hips to hit the bundle of nerves that made Buffy climb higher and higher. Their groans and moans grew louder and louder, the muttered promises of love less and less distinct as the tidal wave of emotion grew and grew. Buffy could feel her second - or was it her third? - climax approaching; as she fell over the edge of the world she dug her nails into William’s back, her cry of exultation pulling him over with her. He could feel his cock swell and pump into her, every spurt and every twitch proving to him that this was no dream. This was real. He and Buffy were together and no man could pull them apart again.

Ingimund and Athelred smiled at each other as the cries from the bed grew louder and louder. Ingimund accepted a third refill of his highly-valued glass beaker as the final shouts told them that the marriage had been consummated and was now complete. They slipped out of the door, leaving the couple alone for the rest of the evening.

‘I’m glad that I’m not sleeping in there,’ Athelred laughed, ‘I wouldn’t get any sleep at all!’

‘I agree,’ replied the Northman as they made their way back to the main hall where the celebrations were still continuing.

Buffy and William lost count of the number of times they loved one another. It drew close to dawn and Buffy was straddling William’s hips as she rode him to fulfilment yet again. William always loved this position, she looked like a goddess as her hair fell down her back and brushed his thighs. His cock felt deep within her, brushing the very centre of her body with every move. He thrust upwards and spilled himself inside her yet again, flooding her welcome body with his seed. Buffy screamed her completion as she collapsed forward onto his chest. William pulled the blankets up around her shoulders and they fell asleep, with him still buried within her body and Buffy using his shoulder as a pillow.