Author's Chapter Notes:
Ok... the thing is I have written a chapter that I wanna post just before X-mas, but for that to be done I'll have to be posting on Mondays and Fridays till then...

Can you live with that?:P

Please review, it really helps the muse when I see your reactions to what I've written!

Thank you all for reading, and especially those that take the time to share their opinion with me!

Im_bloody_English rocks and has beta-d this chapter too, thanks honey!

XXX
For the second day in a row, Buffy did not wake up in a foul mood.

The reason today, however, was much more enticing than just coffee *JUST coffee? I must be falling hard!* She couldn’t wait to get her hands back on the scrumptiousness called Will, and could only hope she’d have enough time to do so before Xander woke up! And had he said he loved her?

*Not in so many words, he hasn’t, but what with the horse, and the ’fuck the bitch and the horse…’ and after we… it was the horse's turn. There! He loves me!* She felt like a teen, no care in the world. He loved her! But her adult self, too used to being let down, grasped at another straw. *Oh, so I’m the bitch. she mused. *Should I be offended? He called me a bitch, with the joking and all. But I said it first, so it doesn’t count. But I didn’t know I was the bitch!* She decided to forfeit any rights to take offense, in favor of some morning ‘having of the sex’; her cousins funny little way of referring to lovemaking almost made her giggle.

Instead, not opening her eyes or turning around, lips curled upward in a seductive smile, she tried to scoot back against him… and found no resistance! Alarmed, she jumped up to find his spot on the bed empty. The clock on the night-stand blinking 13:17.

*Oh, he’s probably making me coffee.* She got out of bed, looked for - then discarded - the clothes she had on the previous night, and settled for pulling one of her mother’s summer dresses over her lithe form. She didn’t bother going into the closet-room for underwear; she’d probably have to change again soon to go for a swim.

Heading towards the stairway, she kept musing over how to work things out with Xander. He’d probably wig out if they told him about their... and what would they tell him, exactly? Did they have a tryst the night before? Were they in love? *Huh? I mean he joked about it, with the horse and everything… Not the most romantic profession of love, anyway, but still…HUH?*? How would Xander handle it? And if they didn’t tell him? Would they have to sneak around every night just to be in each other’s arms? Or was there to be no follow up to their night of passion? *Not even gonna think about THAT!!!* Her heart constricted at the mere thought, but she stopped thinking altogether as she heard Will’s voice drift up from the ground floor.

“’M tellin’ you mate, bird‘s got ALL the moves! Bloody animal `s what she is! Can’t take ‘er on again!”

So much for wondering what to say to Xander! And so much for feelings… And what about Xander? How could he stand anyone talking that way about her? Her heart was not tight anymore. It was broken. *Well at least the ‘in love’ part is solved!* But it was OK, would be OK. She’d mend... right?

Wrong!

Turning on her heel, she burst back into the bedroom where just minutes ago, she was still feeling happy. She flopped on the bed, buried her face in her arms and let hot tears of misery flow freely down her face.

Will tilted his face towards the ceiling, cocking it to the side as he heard a door slamming somewhere above them. If Buffy was up, why hadn’t she come down for breakfast yet? The thought of her getting ready for him *for a swim, you love-struck wanker* made him smile. As his mind wandered to delicious thoughts of a naked Buffy, he tuned out Xander’s yammering and decided to head upstairs.

“There’s somethin’ I gotta do, Whelp.” He cut the boy off mid-sentence. “I‘ll give you some privacy to call your chit, make plans for later, yeah? Why don’ you call ’er from ‘ere? I‘ll tell Buffy not to bother you. I‘ll even take ‘er breakfast on my way up!”

The thought of talking to Willow didn’t allow Xander’s - not exactly razor-sharp - mind to register any flaw in the logic of his cousin’s suggestion. He shrugged in a ‘whatever’ gesture at the same time all but wagging his tail, already heading to retrieve the cordless.

Will took a tray out of a cupboard, poured a cup of ‘brown goodness’, rolled his eyes at his use of Buffy’s speaking mannerisms and then again for using her trademark eye roll. He let the matter go before he entered a vicious cycle, smirked, added a freshly baked croissant - that the other love-struck git in the house had gone for a little earlier - and a single rose from those he’d bought for his love yesterday and made his way upstairs.

Nearing her closed door, he could hear that something was wrong. *That is definitely not the sound of mornin’-after bliss!* Balancing the tray in one hand, he pushed the door open without knocking. It was all he could do not to drop the tray he’d so proudly arranged for her as he haphazardly placed it on the vanity before rushing to her side.

His love was sobbing, curled up, looking even younger than him, and he’d be damned if he wouldn’t fix whatever it was that had hurt her.

“Buffy, luv, wha’ happened? Is it your folks? Somethin’ wrong wi’ Dawn?”

“How?” she croaked.

There was no strength in her voice, yet it poured out of her emerald eyes that looked at him with such fierceness and… was that hatred overshadowing her pain? “How?” He was truly puzzled.

“How can you come here and act all care-y guy after what you just told Xander? HOW?” She was almost screaming now, fighting against him as he tried to pull her into his arms, to calm her down and make it all right again.

DON’T TOUCH ME” she slapped him hard on his cheek. “BLOODY animal? Bloody ANIMAL??? After what we shared, YOU go behind MY back telling those nasty things to my… TO OUR cousin? Couldn’t take me ON again? GREAT! Cause you know what? YOU. DON’T. HAVE. TO!!!

He recoiled, but didn’t cease trying to pull her close. “’S this all over a bloody game? Pet, I’ll play you again if it’s so importan’ to you! I jus’ didn’ wan’ the whelp in ‘ere every night!” His mind couldn’t wrap around the concept that he might somehow be responsible for her desolation. And all over some bloody game?!?!

“Huh?” Her face scrunched in confusion. “What game? WHAT’S A WHELP?” She refocused the anger she momentarily lost in the confusion and began slapping at his arms which were trying to encircle her again.

“What I tol’ the whelp… told Xander,” he corrected himself, allowing her to make the connection, ”`bout not bein’ able to fight you in Killer Instinct again…” he saw her blank look. “Why? What are YOU talkin’ about pet?” He narrowed his eyes.

Her eyes, on the other hand, went wide as what he said sank in. “You mean you weren’t talking about last night? About me… in bed?”

He chuckled at that, gathering her into his embrace, tucking her head under his chin. Everything would be OK, it was just a misunderstanding.

No pet... not that you weren’t an animal las’ night.” He chuckled and stroked her hair.

Her embarrassment at making such a big deal over nothing didn’t allow her to completely cease her whining. But her pout was much more teasing as she whimpered, “An animal? Is that how you see me? And you call me pet all the time!” her voice muffled against him.

Her playfulness was lost on him as he grabbed her shoulders, pulling her from his chest and lightly shaking her.

“I could NEVER think of you as an animal, Buffy. You are fierce and passionate, but that’s what I love about you.”

His accent turned more refined like his father’s, nothing left of the gruff drawl she was used to hearing from his lips. She blushed and lowered her eyes. *Love? Yay!!*

“Look at me! I’m your willin’ slave! You’ve been throwin’ me bones, orderin’ me around… you even slapped me and yet I’m still at your beck an’ call. If anything luv, it’s ME who’s YOUR bleedin’ pet. Might as well wrap a collar ‘round my neck `n call me… Spike’!”

He quickly reverted to his normal mode of talk with the last few words said in self-depreciation. She couldn’t stifle a snigger when recalling her thoughts about his shaft as she whispered, “I might just take you up on that!” Then she kissed the pout that seemed to have jumped from her lips to his.


tbc.





Well?
If you liked there will probably be some smuttiness coming your way on Friday, let me know, OK? *winks*