Author's Chapter Notes:
Good Morning everyone! I’m a bit late updating today, cuz it’s my first day on leave from work so—yay! More sleep!!!

Next update will be on Friday, but after that it’ll be Monday the 7th of January (RL is a bit busy, so I’m keeping it to every Monday then on)
Thank you for sticking with me, your reviews for the previous chapter were exhilarating – especially after I worried so much over it!. Thank you as always to Im_bloody_English, cuz she’s one of the reasons I’m grateful for being a member of this site, as well as the best beta ever, and of course a wonderful friend!

I hope you enjoy this chapter and have a wonderful Christmas, Hanukah (I’ really sorry if I misspelled this), or whatever you may celebrate – or a great holiday if you celebrate nothing!

XXX
Chapter 16.


From last chapter.........

“Evil…” Bite “Wench!” Suck. Buffy never found out whether he was about to do something more, as Willow’s voice drifted to the room…

“Told you they were here, silly!”

…and an instant later, she emerged in the kitchen doorway!

“Oh! Oh!” She froze at the sight of the two lovers, unable to blink. “I did it again!”

“God!” Out of all the visible parts of her, Buffy covered her face,. *Again? What are the chances?*

Spike, ever the eloquent one, summed the situation perfectly: “Bloody BUGGERIN’ FUCK!”




Spike was still trying to conceal what he could of the both of them with his duster he’d never bothered to take off before pouncing on Buffy, when his cousin came to a halt right behind the redhead.

“You guys could have told us you were leaving, or ca-“ Xander’s eyes were the size of saucers as he saw his cousins posed in the epitome of the phrase ‘compromising position’.

“What is it with you guys?” he groaned.

“’I’d love to suss this all out, whelp, but d’ you mind takin’ your bird an’ getting’ the bloody hell out of ‘ere?” Spike was afraid Buffy’s reaction to the couple walking in on them would be to drop him on his ear. From what he’d seen of her so far – and he’d seen a lot – she couldn’t even handle the notion of people disapproving of her actions and there was no way in Hell Xander would approve of them going at it on a place as sacred to him as the surface on which lunch and dinner were served.

Hearing a muffled sound, he turned his attention from the couple already leaving the room to the woman beneath him. Buffy still had her face covered with both her hands… and she was sobbing.

“Luv? Buffy? ‘S gonna be a’right, baby! They understand.” He tried to calm her down while his heart was beating so fast he was sure it would break through his chest.

When removing her hands, one of her knuckles caught a tear glistening at the corner of her eye before she threw her arms around him. She hid her face in the crook of his neck, her lithe form trembling with… mirth? Spike was baffled to find she was actually giggling.

“God, talk about full service babysitting!” she guffawed between chuckles. “Sex ed and everything!” Her body was shaking with laughter, causing all sorts of interesting reactions to his appendage still buried inside her, but it was not the time for a repeat performance.

*I guess what replaced that stick up ‘er glorious arse worked* He joined in her merriment for a few minutes before withdrawing himself and helping her up. He buttoned his pants, then taking his duster off, covered her with it, making sure none of the golden flesh was visible, and after tasting her lips for what he still feared might be the last time, led the way through the swinging doors.

“You go upstairs, pet, clean up. I’ll talk to ‘em if you want.” Spike wanted to delay the inevitable. Maybe he could talk them into showing their support. After all, they’d said they’d help him. And they had! However, after that little… ahem… display, they were probably shell-shocked. *Well, they’ll have to bloody get over it an’ convince ‘er they aren’ judgin’ us!*

“No, Spike, its OK. We’ll face them together. If we’re going to do this right, we have to start somewhere… together.” She had a calm, collected air about the way she said this, belied only somewhat by the wobbliness of her legs.

He managed not to make a big deal out of her willingness to do ‘this’, whatever the ‘this’ implied. He kept himself from swooning at her reassuring smile. But when she took his hand and pulled him to the living room where the two sat in awkward silence, he couldn’t for the life of him stop the beaming smile from plastering itself on his handsome features.

~~~*~~~

When the blonds entered the living room they were in for the shock of their life. Instead of being faced with reproachful, angry or accusatory looks, they saw the pair grinning.

“So, was it good for you, too?” Xander tried for cool, but couldn’t keep the teasing tone from his question. Buffy blushed profusely then, matching his tone, replied, “Well, I’ve had better!”

“Oi!” Spike feigned hurt. After all, minutes ago she was screaming his name, having already reassured him he was the only one who could make her feel that way.

“I didn’t mean better than you, Spike-” she snorted playfully. “-although… ego much? It’s not like you’re God’s gift!”

Her raised eyebrow added no credence to her words; still it stung to be reminded how he was still too inexperienced for her – the previous thoughts of how he’d played her body like a virtuoso despite that inexperience, squashed under his usual self-depreciation. But by now, his girl had learnt how to read his reactions, and reached up to whisper in his ear…

“Of course, we’ll have to work on that…” Releasing his hand long enough to grope his ass *his magnificent, drool-worthy ass* before turning her attention to her cousin and his girlfriend.

“So, um, guys… I’m sorry.” She rolled her eyes “And I’m obviously lame, too! I—I don’t know what to say, but Will, er, Spike-” she corrected herself. “-and I are kinda starting something.” She looked pointedly at him, indicating it was his cue to speak, but ‘A’, he was having too much fun watching her squirm to find the words to explain what was happening between them and ’B’, he desperately hoped her explanation would somehow include the ‘we’re in lo-‘ sentence she’d left hanging while yelling at him in the bathroom. So he acted like he hadn’t seen her eyes and just waited.

Spike noticed Red seemed like she was about to say something, but the Whelp stopped her by taking hold of her hand and squeezing it gently.

“OK, I know you think it’s wrong. Correction, I know it is wrong, and illegal, and-“,Buffy inhaled deeply. “-and he’s your cousin, Xan, but we—we-”

*Bloody hell, woman, spit it out already!* He held his breath, one hand still held in hers, the other deep in the pocket of his jeans, fingers secretly crossed.

“We’re-dating-and-sleeping-together-and-he-said-he-loves-me-and-I-think-I-might-be-falling-for-him…OK?” she blurted out in one breath.

It was everything Spike wanted to hear, but wouldn’t allow himself to hope `til she’d make it a bit more coherent. After all, her earlier statement of ‘we’re in lo-‘ during their yelling match had shown her to be a bit more certain of her feelings – and his – than she’d just let on.

Xander did it for her. “So, you and ‘Spike’-“ he rolled his eyes with disdain at his cousin’s new nickname, in such a perfect Buffy impression that Spike couldn’t hold back a chuckle despite his nervousness. “-are dating,-” he held out his thumb, “-sleeping together,-“ forefinger “-he said he loves you-,” middle finger, “-and you think you might be falling for him.“ All but his pinky were held up. “Did I get that right?” His tone was almost business-like, and for the first time, Buffy saw Xander as the man he would become instead of the kid cousin she’d always known him to be, running after her and Dawn.

“Yeah.” Buffy hung her head, blushing.

“But we already knew that!” Willow piped in. “We thought you just wanted to figure out a way for us to… to not get an eyeful every time you’re all with the smooches and… stuff!”

When she winked, Spike wanted to hug her for her understanding and acceptance.

“S-So you’re OK with this? Us? Both of you?” Buffy was reluctant to believe everything had gone so smoothly. After all, her life was usually all with the drama. She kept looking between the two people sitting on the couch. *Maybe I fainted from having too much sex and am dreaming this! No way they’re so with the understanding!*

The redhead seemed to be on a roll, her voice never wavering. “I don’t think it’s our business to have a say in this. If you know the repercussions and are willing to go ahead with it anyway, all I can do is wish you luck and promise not to tell anyone. Still, you have to be really careful. People are quick to judge!” Both blonds nodded, and in unison turned towards their mutual cousin, concerned he’d be less understanding.

“Far be it from me to stand in the way of true love.” He shrugged, surprising them both.

Buffy opened and shut her mouth before deciding against disagreeing on his phrasing of the ‘L’ word.

“That said, either of you hurts the other and you’ll have to deal with me.” Having realized the depth of Spike’s feelings, his statement was mostly directed at Buffy. “Oh, and Buffster, I could live without having to ever see his lily-white ass in the buff;…that duster has a slit up the back!”

Somehow, Buffy just knew a retort concerning the ‘ass’ and ‘Buff’ was ready to spew from her lover’s lips and so swatted him upside the head to stop it from forming. He shrugged as if saying ‘what’, but his leer was unmistakable.

“Focus, blondie!” she commanded. “Do you think you can keep your hormones in check so that we don’t give the guys a show every day?”

He chocked down the more probable number of shows the boy and girl looking at them - with matching expressions of amusement - would probably have to try and avoid on a daily basis if he had a say in it, and shrugged once more. “I can try, luv! But do you think you can you keep your ‘ands away from my tight, hot li’l body? Tha’s the real question!”

She didn’t even bother with a glare. *Damn, he’s right. I can’t! Especially when he looks at me like that, all with the tongue behind the teeth thingy! Arghhh!* “I think I can manage,” she answered dryly, but one brush of his thumb over the pulse point on her wrist had her blushing involuntarily… and he didn’t miss noticing that either… *Evil man!*

Willow suddenly jumped up. She’d come up with the perfect solution. When she told them, it would also alleviate the nervousness she’d felt over bringing her boyfriend lunch to soften the blow of the bad news she meant to deliver – news she hadn’t managed to fit in the course of events yet.

“Ummm, guys?” She looked at her hands, “I have an idea!” Stealing a glance at Xander, she said “Baby, you know how I intended to surprise you at noon?”

“Yeah Wills, and thank you, by the way.” He pulled her back down to the couch, held her close and gave her a peck on the top of her carrot-red hair.

“Well, it wasn’t all about me wanting to see you… Not that I didn’t, I wanted to, but-“ She took a deep breath, trying to put her thoughts in order. ”-I…I had just found out that my parents have to go away on an excavation dig next week, and—and they want me to go with them.” She waited for his response, but nothing came. Looking to the blond couple for encouragement, she saw them both blinking, not understanding what that had to do with her bringing lunch over or with resolving the matter of embarrassing encounters while living under the same roof.

“I thought you might, you know, f-forget me… if I was gone for that long, and wanted to do something nice for you, something… something maybe more than just… lunch?”

Understanding dawned on the boy as he exclaimed, “No, baby, I could never forget you! You didn’t have to… with the…I mean… NO! If something were to happen, it wouldn’t be cuz you’re leaving!”

“Was!”

“Huh? Was… what?”

Was leaving! Now I know what we can do to make things easier for all of us.” She stood up and walked over to the tiny blonde woman whose face clearly indicated she didn’t understanding the implication behind the explanation.

“Buffy, if you call my mom and offer to keep me, watch me while they’re away, Xander and I can have my house. My folks will never know about it and everyone will be with the happy cuz you two can have your house all to yourselves!”

Buffy was considering it, but the other two seemed to have already weighed that option against the alternative and were grinning like loons, having already made up their minds. “Willow… you’re a genius.”

“That settles it then!” Spike grabbed his girl’s hand and rushed her upstairs before she could so much as say ‘goodnight’!


tbc.



~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Please let me know what you thought about it and make my Christmas :-P XXX