Author's Chapter Notes:
This is the morning after Buffy's I love you, I hope you enjoy it!
Thank you for sticking with me and thank you with cookies to those of you who review. Im_bloody_English, you get a 'thank you' with cookies and hot chocolate with little marshmallows for being the best beta I could ever have asked for and a great friend!
Hugs to Katkin and Darkrivertempest for being such sweethearts, and you all have to read their fics, they rock! Oh, and thank you also to lostboy for being so kind as to give me a guy's opinion on a one-off fic I'm going to post next week. Anyone who hasn't read his 'Clocks of the Long Now', you definitely should. The guy is brilliant!
So, Enjoy, and please let me know what you think guys; feeding the muse beats spanking him --almost! XXX
From last chapter.........

They only shifted enough to get the bottom halves of their bodies on the bed, Spike still embedded in her as he turned them on their sides, neither wanting to lose their connection even in sleep. Just before she succumbed to her exhaustion, she heard him whisper against her hair, “Say it again.”

“I love you!” And she smiled when he sighed in relief and held her even tighter.

Soon the only sound in the room was that of their breaths being drawn in and out in perfect harmony.

~~~~*~~~~

Spike was enveloped by a scorching heat that felt like… home and surrounded by lustrous golden feathers, caressing his skin with a velvety touch. And the scent of love was everywhere – does love have a scent? Of course it does, it smells like honey, like vanilla like… Buffy!

‘I love you William’


He was dreaming, he knew it now, but didn’t want to be woken, not yet!


Spike gradually drifted to wakefulness, hanging on to the beautiful remnants of his dream. *No! Not a dream. My girl* He wrapped his arms even tighter around Buffy, one hand caressing the underside of her breast, the other bent at the elbow, tangled in her locks, his cock still buried inside her while she gently rocked against him. No, this wasn’t a dream, it was his dream come true.

And her words… from the previous night. She really said the words!

He buried his face in the glorious mane of her hair and whispered, “Good morning luv,” while moving the hand cupping her breast lower to stroke her belly, rewarded by a soft, feminine sigh and an increase of urgency in her movements. Splaying his fingers over her stomach, he held her still, upping the tempo of his thrusts inside her moist heaven until he heard her breath become more shallow and rapid. As he felt her inner muscles start rippling, gripping his shaft tighter and tighter, he lowered his middle finger to rub her clit and let his passion go inside her as she sighed his name, their ecstasy mutual

“I could get used to waking up like this! It beats coffee!”

He chuckled and nibbled on her earlobe. “Does that mean I don’ have to go make it?”

“Nah! You still have to spoil me rotten!”

Giving her a playful swat on the butt he regretfully withdrew himself from her and went straight to the kitchen, not bothering to dress himself.

The coffee was still brewing when he heard the pitter-patter of Buffy’s feet descending the stairs.

“Was goin’ to bring that up to you,” he said, cocking his head towards the coffee-machine when she entered the room,. She’d put on her silk robe and looked absolutely edible with her after-sex hair and the sway of her hips further exaggerated by the lush material.

“I know, I just wanted to talk.” She bit on her lower lip, her eyes turned downwards, and his heart leapt in his chest. *She’s gonna take it back! Please don’t let her take it back!*

“What about, luv?” He managed to come off casual.

“What is this to you? This thing we have?” She said timidly. “I know how you think you feel, but you could be wrong…” she let out a nervous chuckle, “Guys have been known to confuse sex with love, and me being your first and all…”

Spike turned his back to her and slammed his hand on the counter with a force that made her wince. “I bloody well know how I feel! This…you, are not about sex, an’ I’m not a soddin’ Nancy-boy who doesn’ know wha’s goin’ on inside ‘im!” He faced her again, his eyes ablaze with blue fire as he spat out his next words. “Wanna go on an’ take back wha’ you said las’ night? Go ahead! ‘M in love with you an’ tha’s not gonna change… ever!”

“What? God no! Spike-“ She was shocked that he would think she’d said something so big during the throes of passion… only to take it back the morning after? “-Spike, look at me!” He did, eyes squeezed to slits but she continued “I meant what I said. I did! I Do. It’s just that if we’re together it’s going to be hard. For both of us! Will you be OK with having to spend most of what’s left of your vacation indoors? Or with us going out together pretending that we have nothing more in common than a cousin? And what about when you have to leave?” She immediately broke down at the thought of him leaving, of an ocean separating them and she brought her hands to her face to hide the tears, to suppress the sobs threatening to wrack her body.

He was on her with inhuman speed, holding her close, letting her use his body as a shield against the threat posed by the outside world and their separate futures.

“Hush, baby, I’m here. I don’ give a fuck ‘bout the rest of the summer, you’re my sun, all I need is in this ‘ouse, why would I wanna go outside? An’ if we have to pretend for a while, we’ll do so knowin’ we’ll be spendin’ the evenin’ in each other’s arms. As for after-” he gulped. “-the summer is over, we’ll find a way. ‘M not givin’ you up! I’m seventeen next month, and we’ll only have to wait a year after that before we’re together for good, yeah?”

She wanted to tell him a lot could happen in a year; that he could move on, forget about her… She knew she wouldn’t, she couldn’t, but he was so young. He would have women throwing themselves at him, he couldn’t hold on to just the thought of her… could he? She wanted to use her logic, present him with arguments he would have to consider, but the feel of his arms around her and the sound of his heart reverberating through her body let her hope that maybe he was right; maybe they could be together for good in just one year.

She sniffled, indelicately wiping her nose on the back of her hand as she drew back to look in his eyes. “You’re right. We’ll make it.” *And even if we don’t, we’ll always have this summer.*

“’M always right, pet.” He winked at her. “Wise beyond my years, I am!” With a peck on the forehead, he let her go. “Now hop in the shower, I’ll get the coffee upstairs an’ join you. If we ‘ave to stay in, we’ll make the most of it.”

And when he grinned, all her doubts were laid to rest.

~~~*~~~

“You know, I’ll have to feed you at some point, Giles and Anya will never get off my case if I give you back to them all scrawny!”

After a very naughty wash up, they spent most of the day in bed, talking and making love, then talking and making love some more.

Spike couldn’t hold his roaring laughter when he asked where she’d learnt the things she’d done the previous night – not without a little jealousy in his casual tone – and she’d admitted with a blush spreading all over her body to having overheard Anya explaining all about bondage to Tara over the phone.

“Bloody priceless that is!” He considered the exact meaning of her words and it was her turn to burst into uncontrollable snickers, throwing in a snort or two for good measure as his jaw dropped. “Tha’ means my da… Bloody Hell!!!”

Seeing her giggle hysterically, he threw himself on top of her and holding her wrists above her head with one hand, mercilessly tickled her with the other. “I’ll give you somethin’ to laugh about, bloody minx! Makin’ fun of the Big Bad, huh?”

“Sorry!” she panted for breath. “I’m sorry, sorry.”

“Oh, you will be!” He added, biting and growling against her tummy, tormenting her into another fit of giggles while trying to shake him off by snaking her body underneath him.

His hands and mouth wouldn’t relent however, and instead made their attentions more sensual, causing her mirth to be replaced by lustful moans. Soon, neither was laughing as they were once again immersed in one another intimately.

~~~*~~~

They finally dragged their exhausted bodies downstairs late in the evening and ordered pizza to replenish their energy.

Buffy called Xander to check if everything was OK with him, and found out Willow had managed to convince her mom that Buffy was currently recuperating from the flu and since Spike, too, had already caught it, they had to keep Xander out of the germ-full zone so he’d be staying at her house for a couple more days. After that mouthful, they had to work something out till the redhead’s parents were out of town, but that would only be in less than a week, thank God.

It would be too late in Europe to call her parents, so Buffy sent her sister a text message before Spike, who’d just closed the door on the delivery guy, threw her over one shoulder with the arm not occupied by the pizza box to bring her back upstairs and into bed, biting her delectable bum a couple of times on the way.


tbc.