Author's Chapter Notes:
This chapter contains Buffy/Other only in the form of memories and only in a couple of paragraphs. There is nothing graphical concerning the past relationships, they are merely mentioned and compared with her current one.
I want to say a huge ‘thank you’ to all readers and reviewers for feeding my muse and keeping him happy! A great big hug to Katkin and Darkrivertempest for all they’ve done, and congratulations to the latter for being nominated at the fangfetish awards for both the stories she’s currently writing.
Last but not least, all my love to my beta and friend, Im_bloody_English, for helping kick my muse’s butt into gear this weekend and for being there! I love you!



Hope you enjoy!

PS. Darkrivertempest (Carrie) nominated me in the Spuffy Awards (lol, in case my putting up buttons and squeeing all over the place didn't hint to that!) Thank you sooo much honey, I love you!!! *hugs*


EDT. This wonderful banner was made for Quiet Summer by darlaslilgirl. She did it without me even asking and for that I am more than grateful! Thank you sooo much, you are awesome!
During the weeks that followed Buffy’s admittance of her feelings – and with the exception of a couple of days she and Spike behaved for the other couple’s sake who were always around as the ‘Buffy is sick’ excuse no longer held validity and Willow’s parents were still in town - the couple settled into a daily routine.

There was nothing remotely boring about that routine. *God, nothing is ever boring when Spike’s around*, but they did make a habit out of sleeping in till noon, have wake-up sex, grab a bite and play in the pool – which usually included more sex – or work out in the basement gym till Willow and Xander dropped by. The four of them would spend the evening watching movies, playing board games – which Willow almost always won – or just hung out. The blonds becoming too caught up in each other was the signal the night was over, and the departure of the other couple meant even more time for before bed sex… usually anyplace Spike caught Buffy unawares!


~~~*~~~


Buffy Anne Summers was in love. Utterly, irrevocably, madly in love!

Perched on the closed lid of the upstairs bathroom toilet seat, absentmindedly running her fingers through her golden locks, she smiled to herself. It was now a little less than three weeks since she admitted her love to Spike... Both the men she'd said ‘I love you’ to in the past had left her within minutes of hearing it, so the fact that Spike was still here with her broke that record... and much to her delight, it didn't look like he was going anywhere! She used to think there was something wrong with her, the men she loved just didn’t seem to stick around, but now she knew it was fate!

It was fate that Riley felt suffocated when she told him she loved him soon after they’d… consummated their relationship. If he’d reciprocated the feelings then – instead of saying it was too much too soon – she’d never have known the true meaning of the words… and it would probably have taken him a bit longer to realize he was gay. *‘Too much too soon’, my ass! It was probably too little; me not anatomically much with the cock-owning!*

She sniggered at the thought of how, soon after she and Riley broke up, she’d gone out with Parker a couple of times. Riley seemed really ticked off when he’d run into the both of them having coffee and laughing. Buffy had been flattered, thinking he was jealous and having second thoughts about their break-up. The following day he’d given her the third degree, and she’d been sure he wanted to get back together. That is, until she figured out he was asking more questions about Parker than about her and Parker. Therefore, she wasn’t really surprised when the two had ‘come out’ as a couple a few months later.

The experiences she’d had with what few men she’d been with after Riley convinced her that no man would probably ever make her feel the way the women in those chick-flicks she liked to watch seemed to. Then there was Angel. Tall, dark and handsome with an air of mystery that was soon revealed as a natural tendency to brood – over everything!

Fate intervened again in her relationship with Angel. Well, either that or it was the bad sex. *You’d think someone so self-assured would know his way around a woman’s body!* She made moon-eyes at the thought of Spike and his knowledge around all her parts before jumping back on the Angel-thinking train. She thought they had something real at first, and if she hadn’t been too scared to say those three magical words to him during the early stages of their relationship, they might have broken up sooner. By the time she managed, it was the only way she could tell him that was truthful, as in ‘I love you, I really do. And we can keep trying if you’d like, but I just don’t feel there’s any… chemistry when we, well, you know ’. After that, he didn’t say a thing, just left… brooding.

Yep, it was definitely fate that brought her wonderful man – oh, she’d long ago stopped thinking or speaking of him as a ‘boy’ – to her house, the only summer she was both single and alone and when her family were away on vacation. She giggled, but her thoughts were suddenly interrupted by the sound of… a power drill?

“Should ’ave torn the bloody thing off its hinges firs’ time you locked yourself in this soddin’ room!”

She heard the muffled words from the other side of the bathroom door where she’d locked herself in, threatening not to come out until Spike had gone to sleep in the single bed initially assigned to him when he and Xander first came to her house. “Spike? What are you doing?”

“Thought that was clear, luv! Gettin’ you out of there so we can get some kip! ‘Less you wanna sleep in the bloody tub!”

Spike! I already told you, we’re not sharing a bed tonight. Or for the next four days!”

“An’ I already tol’ you there’s no bleedin’ way that’ll happen!” She heard the sound of the first screw fall on the marble floor. “I don’ care you’re on the bloody rag, I wan’ my Buffy pillow!” He sounded whining now.

“I’m not the usual comfy Buffy pillow during these days of the month, I’m-I’m puffy-Buffy, and I-I become… bitchy!” She spat out the last word as she’d tried to come up with the perfect description of her attitude during ‘these’ days.

“So, what else is new?”

She just knew he was smirking, and it hit a nerve made more sensitive by her hormones.

“Not like I can’ handle a bit of bitchiness-”

Now she visualized the cocky tilt of his head and left eyebrow lifting teasingly.

“-‘sides, I won’ be doin’ anythin’ to provoke any… rash reactions!”

Yep, leer, definite leer now! Buffy was just about to retort with something extra-witty, like ‘you won’t be provoking anything’, but as she opened her mouth she heard the second screw drop to the floor and saw the door leaning out at an awkward angle.

“Ow-Ow!” Spike almost jumped back far enough so the heavy door didn’t hit him. His original *bloody brilliant* plan of taking the hinges off, was so he could swing it open using the knob as a lever… which backfired and, “BLOODY HELL!” The corner of the darn thing hit him in the face, slashing his left eyebrow open as he ducked to protect his eyes.

Buffy jumped off the cover of the toilet seat and was next to him by the time the door hit the floor. She could see the gash filling with blood over his left eye and felt like her own legs were going to give out as she watched him slump to the rug, his hand coming up to touch his injury then pulling it away to look at his blood covered palm. “Spike? Baby? Don’t faint, OK?” She knelt down and placed his head on her lap, trying to see how deep the wound was. “Are you dizzy?” He nodded once, wincing in pain. “OK, I’ll put your head down. Try not to move or fall asleep while I get something to swab the wound with. I’ve read that if you have a concussion you need to stay awake, and with the head-bumping thingy…”

“My noggin’s not that brittle pet, jus’ help me stop the bleedin… bleedin!”

She smiled. “I know you’re hard-headed baby. Still, as soon as the bleeding settles down a bit I’m driving you to the hospital.”

Though the sight of blood made him woozy, Spike managed a shaky smile. “No need to get us both killed, pet.”

Buffy felt relief flow through her veins, as he seemed to be well enough to crack jokes then ran back to the bathroom. She hastened to his side again, a soaked washcloth in hand to start cleaning the wound while alternating between telling him how much she loved him and nagging about his immense stupidity – in an effort to both calm herself down and keep him awake.

~~~*~~~

About an hour and a half later, Spike lay on top of a crisp-clean hospital bed, the wound on his eyebrow clotting under a thin veil of gauze. He had insisted he needed no stitches with an emphatic ‘`M not a bloody Nancy-boy’, but Buffy was sure he was just afraid of the needle. The cut would scar, but neither of them minded as they were currently trying to convince the doctor this was not a case of domestic abuse – Spike being a minor – and that his parents needn’t be informed.

Concussion having been ruled out after a physical examination which negated the need for a CT, the young male doctor finally – and reluctantly – gave in to Buffy’s blatant use of her female wiles, batting of the eyelashes and pouting included, then gave them a release slip to fill in, once again pointing out how close Spike had gotten to losing an eye.

~~~*~~~

Back at the house, Buffy made a fuss out of making sure Spike was comfortable enough laying – naked – in the double bed, seeing the logic in his argument that she needed to spend the night with him after all, to ensure he didn’t bleed or show any belated signs of a head trauma.

Spike lay on his back, trying to refrain from childishly rubbing the fact that he’d gotten his way in her face as he pulled her close to him and tucked her head on his shoulder.

Yes, Buffy Anne Summers was very much in love, and very lucky indeed to be able to spend the night in her lover’s embrace after such a close call. *I guess us sleeping together unless it’s absolutely impossible must also be fate*, she thought as Spike’s hand rubbed soothing circles at the small of her back, taking her mind off the cramps in her lower belly. She snuggled closer to him and murmured, “I think scars are sexy, so it’ll be good for the ‘Big Bad’ look!” As her hand found its way to his virtually ever-existent erection, she whispered, “Oh, speaking of big and bad…”

“Oi, luv, can’ go there, remember?” He tried raising his eyebrow, but the gauze stretched – thankfully before the wound did – and reminded him he couldn’t.

“Uh-uh! You can’t go there; I can go anywhere I please!” She tossed him a mischievous grin, brow raised in the facial gesture he tried but failed to perform as she lifted her side of the covers and began ducking underneath them. “Besides, no matter what Dr. Ben ‘What’s-his-face’ said, I still think you might have a concussion, so I can’t let you sleep!”

“Right then!” He folded his arms above his head, entwining his fingers on top of his disheveled curls as a playful tilt of his hips made his cock beckon Buffy’s attention.

She rolled her eyes, *what is it with men and having the last word,* before sliding her tongue along his length and making him lose all coherent thought.



tbc.