Author's Chapter Notes:
Thank you so much Darkrivertempest (Carrie) for nominating me at the Forbidden Awards too, as well as for always making sure I'm sane! Love you, woman!

Thank you to xenachakram12 (from lj) for being a sweetheart and nominating me at the Forbidden Awards for The Naughty Virgin Award, you are made of awesome, girl!

I wanna thank all those who took the time to review. My muse was really out of it and you helped so very much! I wanna send a big hug to each and every one of you!

As always, a bow of respect to my wonderful beta and friend, Im_bloody_English! Couldn't have kept writing without the occasional kick in the butt!

I just spotted that the number of 'clicks' on this chapter surpasses those on the previous one by 80... so if Xander calling Spike and asking for help doesn't ring a bell, you've missed Chapter 23 :-P. Oh, and updates will move to Wednesdays now on, starting with this Wednesday, so keep your eyes open for Ch. 25! Smooches.
On a spur of the moment idea, Buffy decided to cook for the two of them that night since the other couple hadn’t made an appearance *Yup, spur of the moment! Nothing to do with me forgetting our anniversary!* She took the pre-made sauce off the stove and was draining the pasta when she heard the phone ring.

“Spike? Can you get that? Don’t forget you’re William if it’s my folks!”

“Got it, luv.” He grabbed the cordless and, winking at her, took a breath before speaking. “Summers residence, William speaking.”

Buffy almost lost her grip on the strainer as she turned to look at him when she heard his upper class British accent *Gotta remember to ask him to do that in bed… maybe a role play?* She managed not to spill the spaghetti in the sink and focused on what Spike was saying

“…goes a waste of an Oscar winnin’ performance, luv! Yeah, she’s here. Hang on.” He walked to Buffy and held the receiver to her ear as she wiped her hands dry.

“Hello?”

“Buffy, it’s Willow… could I… could I come over?” the redhead’s voice sounded strained.

“Sure Wills, we were just setting the table.” She took hold of the receiver giving Spike a peck on the lips and motioned for him to start serving. He held up two fingers, waggled them, and then raised a third while looking at her questionably. “There’s enough for all of us, assuming Xander will find one serving enough. Are you coming over now?”

“Um… Xander isn’t coming. Is-is it OK if it’s only me? I-I wanted to ask you some things.”

“Sure. Yeah. Come over.” She mouthed ‘I’m sorry’ to Spike before she said “No, no need to bring anything, Spike will go out for cigarettes.”

Spike was already getting his coat when she returned the phone to its cradle. “Guess you birds need some alone time, yeah?”

“Yeah, I’m sorry baby.” Buffy pouted. “I wanted it to be the two of us, but she sounded upset.”

“Don’ worry pet, ‘s a’right. I’ll go see the whelp, see what he did now.” He gathered her in a bear-hug, leaving a soft kiss on the crown of her head before tickling her and whispering. “May be safer lettin’ Red sample your cookin’ b’fore I taste it!” Her indignant, ’Hey!’ made him chuckle as he grabbed her keys and went out the door.

Willow timidly knocked on the door about ten minutes later.

“Coming!” Buffy smirked when she thought of how many times she’d screamed that since she and Spike first… *focus Slutty-Buffy!* She opened the door to see the girl all flushed and looking back at her so hopefully Buffy felt sorry enough for her to pull her in her arms.

“Honey, what happened? If Xander did something – Oh, I’ll kick his ass!”

“No-no, it’s not his fault, it’s meeeeee.” The girl started sobbing and Buffy was at a loss as she tried to remember what her mom did to calm her down when she was that upset.

She felt the proverbial cartoon bulb light up above her head as the right words flowed out of her mouth. “Come in honey, let’s get you some hot chocolate and you can tell me all about it, OK?”

Willow sniffled, wiping her nose on the back of her hand as she frowned. “Hot chocolate? In the middle of summer?”

“Hot chocolate is an all-year-round mood soother.” Buffy said, sounding more cheerful than she felt, and promised she’d add little marshmallows, too. That seemed to convince the younger girl who reluctantly followed her to the kitchen.

Sitting across each other, cups of chocolate goodness in front of them, neither spoke for a while. Willow was squirming in her seat, obviously uncomfortable under the blonde’s gaze. She opened her mouth a couple of times, but said nothing and Buffy was just about to ask what was wrong when Willow asked “So, is Spike… gone for cigarettes?”

“Yup, and I told him to take his time, so wanna tell me what’s wrong?”

The redhead nodded once and dropped her eyes to the mug in her hand. “I did something stupid and I-I’m afraid Xander thinks… he thinks I’m-” she took a deep breath and locked eyes with Buffy, “-a slut!”

Buffy was just taking a sip of her chocolate when the younger girl’s eyes found hers above the rim of the cup and spewed most of it on her shirt at what she heard.

What? No-honey, Xander is crazy about you! He’d never think that!”

Willow shook her head sadly and Buffy didn’t know if she should tell her about the boys’ talk they had this morning.

“I… erm… I sort of made… advances this morning.”

Buffy had to bite her lip not to laugh at what Willow considered a grave situation.

“What kind of… advances?” she asked. *God I’m becoming worse than Spike. Instead of relieving her fears, I’m making her feel more uncomfortable!* She rolled her eyes at herself and hurriedly said “Never mind. Not important. So, what did he do?” The redhead looked about to have a stroke.

“He was-he was so Xander! He spluttered and got off the bed and-and it’s not like I’d done it –anything – before!”

Her embarrassment seemed to be replaced by anger and Buffy was relieved. *Anger I can handle!* “So, he accused you of something?”

“No! I didn’t give him the chance, Buffy. I locked myself in the bathroom.” She scowled when Buffy chuckled. “It’s not funny.”

“Oh, honey, didn’t Xander try to get you out of there? Didn’t he try to calm you down?” She knew he had, Spike had told her about it, but she needed Willow to realize the meaning behind it.

“Yes, he did, and he told me that he wants me, but doesn’t know—well he has no… experience.”

“And that didn’t tell you how much he cares for you? It takes a lot for a guy to admit his inexperience.”

“I know!” Willow exclaimed and Buffy was confused.

“But you said-”

“Yes, he said all that this morning, and then went out, and—and when he came back he asked me to go out for our anniversary and then he—he said he’d spend the night on the couch.” Willow teared up and her voice cracked “I—I scared him away, Buffy.”

“Honey, if you’d scared him away he’d be spending the night here.” Buffy pointed out. “He probably just needs to clear his head.” The explanation sounded lame to her too, but she couldn’t think of anything else to say.

Willow was shaking her head, swirling the untouched cup of chocolate in her hand. “No, he thinks I’ll ‘attack’ him or something.”

Buffy stood up and walked to the sink, pretending to clean her blouse with a soaked towel while she tried to think of something to say. She sighed loudly with relief when the front door opened and Spike walked in. *He’s back early, thank God! And—and why is he back early?*

Spike must have read her mind as always because he smiled reassuringly. “Red, you OK?”

“Yeah…” Willow threw Buffy a killer glance and the blonde just shrugged and raised her eyebrows in the universal ‘not my fault’ gesture.

“Listen, I have a schedule for tonight and neither you nor the Whelp are in it!” Spike said in a gentle tone that took the edge out of his words. “So I’m gonna say this once an’ then walk you home. Xander loves you, you love him, he doesn’ think you’re easy, you stop thinkin’ he’s an insensitive wanker an’ go patch things up.”

“But he wants to sleep on the couch.” The girl whined softly.

“He’ll kill me for sayin’ this, but he wants to sleep on the couch cuz he was scared if you touch ‘im, he’ll cum in his pants.” He paused for effect. “Had to slap that though out ‘f him. Now… still doubt that he wants you?”

The redhead gave him a tentative smile. “Really?”

“Really. Now make the poor sod’s day an’ lemme walk you home to him?”

Willow gave Buffy a quick hug before she bounced to the door looking back impatiently as Spike took his time kissing his girlfriend goodbye. “You’ll see her in a few minutes, come oooon!”

~~~~*~~~~

“My hero!” An armful of petite-blonde and the smell of baked pasta greeted Spike when he returned home. “Saved the day and back in time for dinner!”

Buffy had decided to make the spaghetti ‘al-forno’ instead of reheating it and she re-set the table as Spike told her about his talk with Xander. “All my fault really. Told ‘im to have a good wank b’fore they shag for the firs’ time and he decided to sleep alone tonight an’ tomorrow to jerk off as much as possible. Over-eager pillock!” He chuckled while Buffy tried to keep a poker face.

“It’s not nice to make fun of him about that!” she admonished approaching her seat “You were in his position once…”

Spike pulled her on his lap, delighting at her squeal. “’M not in his position now, pet. An’ you don’ like me ‘nice’, you like me nasty.” He emphasized that by running his hand up her inner thigh and beneath the hem of her shorts, but she stopped him and jumped up.

“U-uh, Mister. Eat now, play later.”

“Oh, come on, kitten. I’ve been puttin’ out fires left an’ right an’ I still have to eat that? Whelp told me you’re a menace in the kitchen.”

His adorable pout was the only thing that saved him from a serious tongue-lashing as Buffy decided to take his words as a joke. “Well, let me put it to you this way. No dinner-” she ran her fingers seductively over her breasts, “-no dessert!” And with that she turned her whole attention to her plate and started taking delicate little bites.

*Well, if she can eat it so can I.* Spike wolfed down his dinner, not paying it’s taste much heed except to note that it wasn’t half bad. When he was done he took his cigarettes out of his breast pocket, lit one and declared, “’F you’re not done by the time I finish smokin’ this, I’m goin’ upstairs and startin’ without you.”

“I’m done.” Buffy put down her fork, leaned over and plucked the cigarette from his lips, took a drag, put it out and pushed her chair back.

Spike smirked when she peeled her top off and leered at him.

“Does it have to be upstairs?” She waggled her eyebrows and back stepped towards the kitchen counter.

Spike was all over her in the blink of an eye.

By the time they were done he’d had her all over the ground floor and they were too tired to climb up a single stair, let alone a flight of them. They snuggled up on the couch, Spike against its back, Buffy flush against him, both facing the TV without actually watching it.

“So, what should I wear when you take me out?” She yawned while her mind toyed with the idea of another shopping spree. *Meh! I’ll have to get a job in September! Money in the bank is running scarily low.* The thought of September and its proximity brought about unwelcome thoughts of Spike leaving and she barely registered his response as her afterglow dissipated into gloom.

“How ‘bout that pink li’l number at the back of your closet? The low cut one”

“Huh? You’ve been in my closet?” *Oh, I do look hot in that,* she thought to herself.

“A bloke has to keep himself occupied while his girl is out shoppin’ for… teachin’ material!”

Buffy blushed at the thought of the ‘lesson’ she gave Spike a few weeks ago, her recollection of the details causing moisture to pool between her thighs. *Again? I am Slutty-Buffy!* She could feel how the memory affected him, too as something hard nestled against her bottom. *Nope, I’m all ‘shagged’ out, thank you very much!*

Spike tried to will his hard-on away, but thoughts of ‘that night’ didn’t help.

“What about you? Don’t you have to shop for something ‘posh’?”

He chuckled near her ear. “Used to be a boy-scout, luv; I’m always prepared. ‘Sides, ole Rupes insisted I take a suit with me in case we wanted to celebrate my bi—something.”

Buffy didn’t give his words a second thought as his fingers wandered to her breast, caressing it softly before lightly pinching the nipple and he rocked against her.

It seemed neither of them was ‘all shagged out’ after all.





tbc