Author's Chapter Notes:
The speed with which updates are added on Mondays scared me and I decided to move the update date to Wednesdays. So, here is Chapter 25, the next chapter will be with you next Wednesday.

If Xander calling Spike for help and Willow visiting Buffy don't ring any bells, you've missed the last two chapters!

Hope you enjoy, thank you to Im_bloody_English, Darkrivertempest, Dusty273 and all of you who read, review and keep me afloat! *hugs*
Buffy woke up a little before dawn, gasping for air, remnants of the nightmare that stole any chance of going back to sleep still clinging to her mind. Instead of seeking solace in the strong arms holding her – arms that tightened imperceptibly as she stirred – she managed to withdraw from Spike’s embrace and rose from the couch. Padding naked into the kitchen, she tried drinking a glass of warm milk but it did nothing to soothe her agitation.

She walked mindlessly towards the screen doors, stopping to stare out at the tranquil, still waters of the pool. It looked so serene, so peaceful and undisturbed that without much thought, she stepped outside, drawn towards the calm reflective surface, hoping it would have a positive effect on her mood.

She slowly climbed down the stairs, immersing herself in the cool liquid up to her chin and taking one deep breath, she closed her eyes and ducked her head under. She could hear her heartbeat drum in her ears and started counting the seconds. When she felt she couldn’t hold her breath any longer, she resurfaced and let the tears she’d been holding stream freely down her cheeks.

Lost in her thoughts, she didn’t hear the swishing sound of the patio doors opening and closing or the light ‘splash’ behind her.

She let out a sob when Spike wrapped his arms around her and pulled her close and saying, “I hate wakin’ up without you, luv.” Hearing the tortured sound coming from deep inside her throat he tried to turn her to face him, but she resisted, placing her hands on his, entwining their fingers and leaning back against him instead.

“I don’t want this to end, Spike,” she managed to say; her body shuddering as she tried to keep her voice steady. Her grip on him tightened and she felt his pectorals flex involuntarily as his body responded, matching her tension.

“Doesn’ have to.” He nuzzled her cheek, wishing he knew a way to hold her forever, hating the fact he couldn’t make that promise, to never leave her side.

“But you—you have to go…” Letting go of his hands she turned in his embrace to bury her face in the crook of his neck, her arms looping around his waist. She didn’t know if it was her heart or his that she felt beating erratically.

“Not for a while, luv. An’ I don’ have to stay away.” *Nothing could keep me away*

She looked up with restrained hope. His hooded eyes assured her of how much he meant what he said, glistening with tears pooled in their corners. “You’ll come back? For me? Leave your family? Your home?”

“I’d go to the end of the world for you, baby. Crossin’ the Atlantic would be nothin’ if I had this to come back to. You’re my home now.”

She stood on her toes and offered him her lips in a feather light kiss. “I love you, you know.”

He smirked. “I know pet, I know.”

That made her smile as she playfully slapped his chest. “So not the answer I was looking for.”

“Well, you din’t ask anythin’, did you?” One of his hands came up to cup her face, the thumb brushing a wet lock of hair away from her cheek.

“Well… do you? Love me, I mean?” She knew he did, he told her every chance he got, but she still needed to hear him say it now.

“If you still have doubts, you silly li’l girl, I’ll spend every single minute of the rest of this summer provin’ it to you.” He claimed her lips again in a slow, sensuous kiss that he seemed in no hurry to deepen, lavishing her mouth with tender caresses before slowly tracing its outline with his tongue.

Buffy’s lips parted of their own accord, suckling on his tongue, as she grasped his shoulders to anchor herself to him.

Lifting her slightly, he moved them towards the edge of the pool, never ceasing to kiss her for longer than a needed breath. Making sure she had her footing, he took a step back and held her gaze. “I love you, Buffy.” He swallowed her attempted reply in his greedy mouth and then started placing kisses along her jaw line all the way to her ear. “I love you, and I’m yours an’ you’ll always be mine.”

His whisper made her shiver; her nipples turning to pebbles where they peeked above the still surface. She pushed her fingers through his hair as he tasted the side of her neck.

Spike flattened his tongue, trailing its underside down the slope of one breast until he reached the hardened peak and latched onto it. His hand traced lazy circles on her other breast, the coolness of his fingers contrasting sharply with the heat of his mouth, making her head feel light. As his knee parted her legs and his thigh pinned her against the wall, she dipped her hand under the water to feel as much of his shaft as she could where it stood trapped between her bodies.

He moved back just enough to give her small hand a little room and began caressing her side with languorous strokes that kept reaching lower and lower towards her center.

She whimpered and tilted her hips trying to receive more of his touch, more of him as she pumped his cock faster, becoming more aroused by the second… until he told her what he wanted to do.

He lifted his head to her ear. “I wanna eat you, Buffy. Wanna spread your legs and lick that beautiful cunny of yours. Let you ride my tongue an’ my fingers, make you cum all over my face… and you’re gonna scream my name.” He ran two fingers along her slit, teasing her, pressing his thumb hard against her throbbing nubbin. “Do you want that, too?”

She knew he was asking her something but could only register the gruffness of his voice and the burning need inside her, so she said the only thing that made sense to her. “Please…”

He grabbed her hips, lifting her and laying her on the side of the pool then swiftly brought her legs over his shoulders.

Buffy shivered against the cold tile before all her nerve endings felt on fire as Spike used his thumbs to spread her folds and without further preamble buried his tongue in her pussy, driving it in and out of her at a staggering pace. He grazed her inner thighs with his cheek, moaned against her entrance and she felt the sound reverberate through her womb, intensifying her pleasure.

“Oh God! Spike…” Her voice trailed off when he withdrew his tongue and replaced it with two of his fingers, his other hand splayed on her stomach, keeping her from thrusting upwards.

He gently nibbled on her clit with his teeth while twisting his wrist so that his fingers grazed the hidden bundle of nerves inside. When she gasped her approval at his actions, he began sucking hard, applying more pressure against her G-spot, rubbing the pads of his fingers back and forth.

She spasmed, her head becoming dizzy, her hands fisting in his hair, screaming his name just as he’d told her she would.

He was in heaven, savoring her juices, feeling her tremble, her muscles clenching around his fingers, wishing he could spend eternity nested between her thighs, being the cause of her sighs and whimpers, *and screams.* He let her ride out her orgasm, gently licking and nipping on her swollen folds, before lowering her back into the water, enveloping her in his arms.

Buffy was still dizzy, but she clung to him, lifting her legs and wrapping them around his waist. Her gaze never left his, her heart swelling at the look of awe that sparkled in those ever expressive azure eyes as she unhurriedly impaled herself on his length, sighing once he was fully seated inside. They held still for a moment, each taking pleasure in the way their bodies fit together so perfectly.

When Buffy slowly started rocking her hips, Spike’s lust overwhelmed him. “Lean back, luv.” he instructed in a chocked voice. After obeying him, he took hold of her hips and set a deliberate rhythm that gradually increased until they were both panting with desire. Feeling her getting closer, her lids drooping but her eyes never leaving his, he let go of her, grabbed the rim of the pool and began ramming inside her at a frenzied pace.

Her ankles were locked beneath his buttocks, helping her to meet his thrusts while the fingers of one hand dug into his bicep, nails biting his skin hard enough to draw blood. Lowering her other hand between them, she began rubbing her clit furiously, needing the extra stimulation to help push her past the brink.

When he saw her touching herself, he lost all control. No longer able to stave off his climax, he let go, hips still pumping as he spilled inside her.

His low growl triggered her orgasm and she rode wave after wave of their combined pleasure until their bodies finally ceased to move.

“Convinced yet?” he gasped, gathering her against him, cocooning her in his arms.

“Huh? Oh! Yeah… for now.” She forgot he’d said he wouldn’t stop trying to prove his love. Poking her tongue out at him playfully, she curled into his embrace and batted her eyelashes when asking, “Do you think you can carry me to the couch?”

He let out a throaty chuckle at her antics. “To the end of the world, luv.”

~~~~*~~~~

They slept till late afternoon, getting up when Spike’s tummy audibly began complaining.

“Oh-God! Giles and Anya are gonna tan my hide if I starve you!”

Waggling his brows suggestively, he reminded her, “I recall eatin’ earlier this morning, kitten… could definitely live off that!”

“No, you most definitely could not! Let’s get you fed.” She dragged him to the kitchen and – despite his protests – made pancakes for both of them. *Not exactly the most nutritious of lunches.* He chuckled at her when she poured two glasses of milk and pushed them aside to make some fresh brewed coffee instead. *So much for trying to add some calcium and vitamin D to his diet.*

The next few hours were spent watching a TV-marathon of old movies, idly chatting away about anything but the future, though it weighed heavily on both their minds. As day gave way to night and Buffy lay sleeping peacefully in his arms, Spike stayed awake, wracking his brain for a way to stay with her once fall arrived. After what felt like hours of coming up with nothing other than returning to the US after his eighteenth birthday, he surrendered to sleep with a silent prayer on his lips, *please let her wait for me!*

~~~~*~~~~

The next day found them both determined not to let anything ruin what they had. Spike brought breakfast for the two of them in bed where they stayed, celebrating their anniversary by indulging in each other until Xander came over to get ready for his date with Willow. He brought with him everything he could think of for Spike and Buffy to prepare the Rosenberg house while he and his girlfriend would be at the restaurant.

By the time Buffy went through all the candles, scarves, incenses and other articles in the bag, Spike had given their cousin a much needed pep talk then sent him on his way with both their blessings.

Spike planted a quick peck on Buffy’s lips, telling her she had a little less than an hour to get ready. As he walked towards the stairs to use the other bathroom for a shower, he paused to give her mischievous grin. “And, luv… make sure you are ready for tonight!”


tbc.