Author's Chapter Notes:
Morning everyone! Hope you like this!

Thank you with chocolate covered Spikes to Im_bloody_English (aka Mistress Tina *giggles*) for working her magic on my chapters and making sure I don't fall on my ass , to Carrie (Darkrivertempest) for being her amazing self and helping me retain whatever sanity I can (and if you are not reading Omniscient and Hunter's Bane you really should), Sarah (SpikesGoddess) for spending inordinate amounts of time on-line with me and to all of you who read, review, and keep my muse happy. You cannot imagine how much you reviews to the last chapter meant to me. Thank you!
Spike woke up at some point during the night and regretfully disentangled himself from the body of his lover to get off the bed and snuff the candles that were almost burned out. The cool air now caressing his body where moments earlier Buffy’s heat enveloped him left him feeling bereft. He had to force the fear of never being able to wake up in her arms again after this summer out of his mind and heart.

Blowing across each wick, he kept making the same wish, that whatever surprises his life held for him, he would manage to find a way back to Buffy as soon as possible… and that she’d wait for him.

Making his way back to the bed he felt her stir and then she was wrapped around him once again, her voice whispering ‘Happy Anniversary, baby. I hope it is the first of many’. For just a moment an overwhelming sense of calmness washed over him before he captured her lips with his, breathing promises of ‘forever’ and finding his way back inside her body.

Both pretended not to notice the wetness on their cheeks as tears exorcised insecurities and fears while they worshiped one another.

~~~~~*~~~~~

Buffy’s eyelids slowly fluttered open and a smile graced her lips when she saw the love in the cerulean blues looking back at her as Spike lay on his side, naked and propped up on his elbow watching her.

“Morning, you.” She cupped his cheek and giggled when he nuzzled her palm before sucking her thumb in his mouth.

“Mornin’, luv,” Spike mumbled around a mouthful of her digit before letting it slip from between his lips. “Fancy a grand champagne breakfast in bed?” His William-esque manner of speech from the previous night was once more replaced by his usual accent.

“Nah, but you can eat if you want.” She waggled her eyebrows and turned on her back, throwing the sheet covering her naked body to the floor and spreading her legs while giggling playfully.

“Don’ mind if I do… but not right here.” He slowly got off the bed, turning to look at her over his shoulder. “Meet you in the bathroom in ten.” And as an afterthought, he added a heartfelt, “I love you”.

She only smiled and nodded, watching him leave the room, marveling at the perfection that was his body… her lover… her love.

~~~~~*~~~~~

They stayed in the bathtub, playing with bubbles, washing each other and talking about the future for what seemed like hours. For once they allowed themselves to hope for that future, their future, and made plans… some silly, some rational, but all about ‘them’, together, forever.

Spike would return to England for a year, to finish high-school, while Buffy would get a job and move out. He would then come back to the US, go to Sunnydale University, move in with her and live happily ever after. Of course the subject of how they would spring their relationship on their families was only broached in a joking manner, as they hated to think what their parents’ reactions would really be.

“I bet your sis would understand, pet. She’d be all ‘I can see why you couldn’t resist his manly charms’. Might even wan’ a piece of this hot, tight li’l body for herself!” Spike leered and won himself a mouthful of bubbles as Buffy splashed him.

“In your dreams, buster. Besides, I’d make it clear you’re mine. And I thought we were here so I could serve you your breakfast”.

He didn’t need to be told twice. Getting out of the tub, he spread a towel on the floor and then carried a dripping and giggling Buffy to it, lowering her gently to lie on her back.

Needless to say, they both enjoyed ‘breakfast’ immensely.

~~~~~*~~~~~

When the reception called to let them know it was almost check out time, they were still on the bathroom floor and Spike had to run to get the phone, causing a bout of laughter from Buffy, which he promised her he’d make her pay for as soon as they were home. The threat didn’t seem to faze her in the least as she went after him and did her best to distract him while he was trying to sound mature and proper, reassuring the receptionist that they would be down ‘in just a few minutes, sir’.

He really hated having to pull her luscious lips away from his shaft when he hung up the phone. She’d left him in a state of full arousal and there wasn’t time enough for relief. *As soon as we get home, kitten, just you wait.*

They got dressed in a hurry, wanting to get behind closed doors again as soon as possible. Buffy was sore but lust seemed to overpower everything else every time Spike would throw her one of his sizzling looks.

Unfortunately for both, the moment they got in the car Buffy’s cell phone rang.

Motioning for Spike to be quiet, she looked at the screen and mouthed ‘Dawn’ before answering.

“Hey, Dawnie, how are you?”

“Good, great!” her sister chirped. “And you? Where are you, by the way? I called the house and Aunt Tara wanted to talk to Xander, but he’s not answering his phone. We just got to the Giles’. Where are the guys? Their folks wanna talk to them!”

“Well, Xander’s at Willows, but I have Spi-” both Buffy and Spike’s eyes widened at her near-slip. “-derman… yup, Spi-der-man with me. If… if Giles wants to talk to him.”

“Spiderman… Right.”

“Yeah… that’s what we call William these days, Spiderman, cuz he… ummm… catches spiders with his bare hands?” Buffy knew how silly that sounded the moment it was out of her mouth, even before Spike shook his head and chuckled while looking worried at the same time.

Dawn’s voice seemed to distance itself from the phone as she called out “Giles is it OK if I go to the kitchen?” After what sounded like ‘but of course, dear, go right ahead’ from Giles and a ‘this way?’ and a pause from Dawn – during which Buffy held her breath – a whispered question made it’s way to Buffy’s ear as loud as a scream. “Buffy, are you boinking William?”

“No. NO! Of course not…”

“Oh my God, you are! Spiderman? I mean really! How stupid do you think I am? William is Spike! Oh my God, you’re boinking the kid!”

*How on earth does she manage that pitch in her voice even when she’s whispering?* “No, Dawn no! I’m not ‘boinking’ him. It’s not like that.” She could see Spike’s face drain of any mirth as he sat there waiting for her to deny being with him, and she didn’t hesitate for even a heartbeat. “We’re in love, Dawn. I love him and he loves me. And we’re together, OK? Please don’t tell anyone.”

“You… love him? Does Xander know?”

“Yes, he knows and he has accepted it. Can you?” Despite sounding confident of her choices, Spike saw how much Dawn’s approval meant to her and snatched the phone from Buffy’s hand.

“’Ello bit. Your sis an’ I are in love. Really in love. An’ we plan on stayin’ together. It would mean the world to her if you didn’ judge her for it. Do you think you can do that?”

“What kind of a name is Spike, anyway?”

“Private joke, pet. So, what do you say? Are we alright?”

“You guys really in love?”

“Yeah, very much so.” He ran his fingers through Buffy’s hair and smiled softly at her.

“And Xander approves?”

“Yes, the Whelp even helped me win your sister’s heart.” He reached out to wipe a single tear from Buffy’s cheek as she mouthed ‘I love you’.

“OK then, I just have to ask Buffy one more thing before I give you the ‘go ahead’.”

“Thanks niblet.”

“Oh, and Will, er, Spike? Cut down on the pet names? I’m still older than you!”

“Yeah, but I’m an old soul.” He chuckled and Buffy felt her world tilt back into balance as she once again held the phone at her ear.

“Are you ok with it?” she asked.

“Will be if you answer me something.”

“Shoot.” Buffy was hoping that the question wouldn’t be how she was going to tell her parents about the two of them. She really had no idea and preferred to live in the denial of the inevitability of them eventually finding out.

“Is he really as good as you said? Cuz he sounds even hotter today than the other day. Can’t believe it’s really William. And you’re sooo boinking him!” Dawn burst into laughter.

“Oh my God, I’m going to kill you! You had me all worried! Yes! I am boinking him and he’s bloody marvelous, I’ve already told you that!”

‘Bloody’ brought about a fresh bout of giggles from Dawn, who barely managed to choke out ‘Your secret is safe with me. Now pass on… Spiderman again. His dad wants to talk to him.’

~~~~~*~~~~~

Having reassured his dad that he was having a ‘blast of a time’, Spike hung up and started the engine. Despite how well things turned out, the phone-call had squashed the mood they were in when they left the hotel.

“So… wanna get some donuts and drop by Willow’s to see how they’re doing?” Buffy searched her purse and came up with a set of keys. “We can surprise them with breakfast. See? I still have these from last night.”

They made a brief de-tour by the house to change into everyday clothes before purchasing a box of jelly-donuts and making their way to the Rosenberg’s house.

Buffy was extra careful sliding the key in the lock so as not to make any noise as they let themselves inside.

Entering the living-room on their way to the kitchen, Spike nudged her and tilted his head to the left, indicating she should look that way. She did and could see the back of Xander’s head as he seemed to be asleep while sitting on the couch. She had to bite her fist to keep from giggling when Spike whispered ‘Red must have drained the poor sod.’

Quietly, she followed Spike’s example as he kneeled down and crawled his way right behind Xander, when at the silent count of three the both jumped up yelling ‘Breakfast is here’ and ‘Wakey, wakey, Whelp’ only to freeze as they took in the startled look on his face and his hands trying to hide his cock where it disappeared inside - a very shocked and extremely naked Willow’s lips.

Buffy turned away, squeezing her eyes shut and mumbling ‘I did not just see that’ again and again, while Spike patted Xander’s shoulder, saying, “Good for you, mate,” and winking to Willow who was desperately trying to cover herself with as many cushions as she could reach without standing up from her crouched position. Spike turned his back, respectful of her predicament. “Better get dressed, breakfast is here. We’ll be waitin’ in the kitchen.” He took hold of Buffy’s arm and half dragged her to the other room.

Xander tried to calm Willow down and, as usual, thought the best way to do so was by making light of the situation. “Payback’s a bitch, huh? I bet the Buffster will think twice before breaking and entering from now on.” Unfortunately, Willow was too embarrassed to appreciate his fine sense of humor and she slapped his thigh, turning redder by the moment as she frantically searched for her robe that was discarded somewhere in the throes of passion.

Her boyfriend found it first and managed to sooth her nerves before her embarrassment turned into a tantrum, and soon they were entering the kitchen, eyes lowered, to meet the other couple.

Spike was the only one not blushing, mostly to make the others feel better and tried making small talk about silly things such as the brand of coffee or questioning the reason for donuts having a hole in the middle.

A while later, all felt comfortable enough to start chatting about their nights – not the sex part, of course –, including the blonds’ talk with Dawn which was received with relief by the other couple, and Willow thanked Spike for making the reservations at the restaurant for them.

“I was thinking of asking Xander to take me there on my birthday, so I was super psyched when he said that was where we were going last night. Not-not that I took it for granted that he’d still be with me by then, cuz my birthday is in April… but—but I’d like to still be together. No pressure or anything, of cou-”

Xander silenced his girlfriend’s adorable rumbling with a kiss before turning to Spike and asking “So, what do you want for your birthday this year?”

“Got all I wan’ right here!” He pulled Buffy in for a tender kiss as Xander mumbled ‘Good thing too, cuz I can’t save up till then to buy you anything else.’

After a few seconds, Buffy pulled away from the sinful lips that made her head light. “Baby, do you think you could get my cigarettes for me? I left them in the car.” She batted her eyelashes and Spike was already on his way to the front door of the house by the time she turned to Xander and asked “Sooo, when exactly is Spike’s birthday?” Spike mentioned something when they were discussing what they’d wear on their night out.... and at the time she ignored it. Now, however, with Xander mentioning it, it clicked in her brain he must have been referencing his birthday. “It’s nearing, right?”

“Yup, in about a month… a little less maybe. Emmm, August fifth… no, wait, August third. Yup! That’s it!”

“Thanks couz… and don’t let him know I know!” *Hmmm, that gives me a little more than three weeks to come up with the perfect present.*

“So, what are we having for lunch? I mean… since we had breakfast at two in the afternoon.” Willow changed the subject as Spike entered the room, resuming his position by his girl and lighting two cigarettes before passing Buffy one.

“Don’ know about you, but I vote for Chinese. Just make it in a couple of hours, yeah? I’ve had quite a breakfast, and it seems Red did here, too.” He winked at her.

Willow wanted to kill him, but couldn’t refrain from joining in the knowing snickers that surrounded her.


tbc.


A/N Guys, seriously, go read everything Sandara has written, you'll really miss out if you don't!!!! (just mind the warnings, k?) As for Quiet Summer, more next Wednesday! *hugs*