Author's Chapter Notes:
This is the final chapter of Quiet Summer *sobs*

This fic was my baby, and I want to thank all of you for supporting me throughout it and giving me the courage to keep writing, I really do appreciate it, you're all made of awesome.

Tina you've been with me almost from the start, I still can't believe I was lucky enough to have my favorite author become my beta and my friend, I love you to pieces! Sarah I met you because of Quiet Summer, - and that's another reason I love this fic - and you've turned out to be a wonderful friend I wouldn't trade for the world. Love you lots and lots. Carrie, you're my favorite sick puppy, and I again have to love Quiet Summer for getting to know Zoe well enough for her to point me your way! I can't tell you how grateful I am to have you as a friend, wuv ya! Thank you Kristi, Daisy, Zoe, Shadow, Tori, Kara, Monica, Suz, Zoe-II, Ash, Constanza, Vero for spending so much time on the chat box with me and making me smile. Have to stop here, cuz I'm going all sappy (yeah, Carrie, I know, can't get more sappy than I already am), I hope you enjoy the final chapter, *hugs all*
Spike couldn’t – nor had any reason to want to – contain his glee as he parked his Desoto outside Buffy’s apartment. *Our apartment now! Ours! Mine and my girl’s.* He couldn’t believe it was September already, or how easy it had been to convince his father of the need to move into the college dorms – let alone of the inappropriateness of ever visiting him there unannounced.

Every loose end he and Buffy could think off had been tied. He and Xander applied for and acquired a double room in the dormitory. That gay big-foot Riley, being a TA, actually helped get their application form on the top of the pile. It seemed like he still had a soft spot for Buffy, though not in any way that threatened or even pissed Spike off. And Spike left some of his stuff in the room, so that if Rupert ever thought of just popping by, despite the promise he’d given Spike that he wouldn’t, Xander would be able to tell him that his son would be right back from the minimarket/class/gym or wherever Spike would ‘supposedly’ be. The brunet would then text his cousin with an agreed upon ‘alert’ and make sure he got there before Giles became suspicious of anything.

Spike opened the trunk and hauled out his suitcase and sack, adjusting one on his shoulder while he locked up his beloved car. His dad offered to help with the move, but Xander assured him he’d be all the help Spike needed. And the bonus of this whole situation was that he and Willow would get to enjoy the perk of a double room without a roommate.

Reaching the entrance to the apartment, he took a deep breath before letting himself in and calling out in his best Ricky Ricardo voice – which sucked, honestly – ‘Lucyyy, I’m hooome!’

He barely had time to close the door behind him and leave his baggage on the floor when he was pounced on by the love of his life, squee’ing at the top of her lungs as she tackled him to the ground.

He managed to cushion their fall right before her lips were on his and his hands were free to roam all over her body while she rubbed herself suggestively against him, and – *Wha’?*

Buffy pushed up, her hands gripping his shoulders as she tried to catch her breath. “NO, first we eat.”

Spike squeezed his eyes shut and threw his head back in desperation. He knew he could do nothing but surrender when she was in the ‘we-keep-a-schedule’ mood. Still, he had to try. “Bloody hell, can’ we just have at it right here, then have lunch, then make proper love in our bed?” His eyes were open now and focused on hers, shining with mischief.

Buffy had to gather all her inner strength to resist those cerulean promises of sin, but she somehow managed to stay firm in her decision to have a celebratory dinner before doing the naughty. “No. No… having at it.”

He sighed, grabbed her wrists and rolled her under him for a breathtaking kiss before getting up and pulling her with him. “You know, pet, that ‘food before sex’ rule of yours is really getting’ on my nerves.” Tut’ing at her pout he continued. “Oi, you don’ get to pout, I do! I’m whinin’ like a girl and poutin’ and still goin’ along with your whims. That table better be ready, an’ if it’s more that a one-course meal I’m havin’ you before it’s finished.”

He said all that in an even tone, subtracting nothing from the threat – or promise – and causing a tightening in her belly. If she hadn’t spent all morning cooking, hadn’t paid Dawn a hundred bucks to help her, she’d say ‘screw it all’ and screw him. But she had cooked – and paid – and there was no rush. They had the rest of their lives to make love or fuck at their leisure. “Ummm, I’ll serve the main courses together with the salad?” she offered with a grin.

“Sounds like a plan.” Giving her a swat on the ass, he went to the dining room, smirking at the memories of the first time he’d set foot in here as he took a seat at one end of the long table where the salad had already been served.

True to her word, Buffy rushed to the kitchen for a few minutes, before setting a plate of elaborate Beef Bourguignon in front of him and another at the other end of the table. She poured him some red wine and did the same for herself before taking a seat opposite him.

“Why so far away, luv?” Spike tilted his head as he raised his glass “And what shall we drink to?”

“Distance is the only way I’ll not wind up in your lap after only a couple of bites.” She raised her glass, winking at him. “And what say you we drink to us?”

“To us, Buffy.” He blew her a kiss and took a sip of the burgundy liquid, but when he licked his lips, no distance could guarantee they’d even taste dinner.

She focused on her plate, making designs with the fork in the sauce before cutting a small bite and bringing it to her mouth. Her tongue flicked out to lick the fork clean and lingered longer than necessary as bits and pieces of the fifteen months they’d been together flickered through her mind. The first time she saw him, finger pressed against her doorbell, their games in the pool, him walking in on her getting off with his name on her lips, and then their first time together, *his first time ever.* How William became ‘Spike’ for her, the night in the kitchen when he claimed a part of her body no one had touched before. The night she told him she loved him, letting go of her fears. She sighed, her fingers absentmindedly tracing the side of her neck as she remembered their lovemaking in the pool, all over the house, by the lake… The last few months had been sweet torture.

Sure, they’d had this place to themselves, and Buffy had tried to feel guilty for letting her unsuspecting parents pay part of her rent for this ‘love-nest’, but Spike could only meet her there on Friday nights when he supposedly joined Xander and Willow at the Bronze because Anya had been true to her word and found him a proper tutor in March, putting an end to their ‘tutoring sessions’.

Summer hadn’t been much better either. Spike’s stubborn streak had led him to get a part-time job at a coffee shop, cuz he actually was feeling guilty about her unsuspecting parents helping out with rent and wanted to at least pitch in for the furniture. That meant Buffy had to fight her way through hordes of lusty teens on a daily basis and often the blonde barwoman from the Bronze who frequented The Espresso Pump and who just couldn’t get it through her thick scull that Spike was just... not... interested, in order to even have a few words with him.

But the paycheck and his tips were worth it. Although Buffy bought the huge dining-room table the same day she moved in and had it delivered just before she’d surprised him with the place, every other piece of furniture was decided on by the two of them and paid for by Spike. The four poster double bed that now took up most of their bedroom was purchased the week before and up until then, Buffy slept on a mattress on the floor, refusing to have any bed but the perfect bed in their home.

His birthday this year hadn’t been as good as the last one. Both their families had been there, not allowing them any privacy. But it was his eighteenth birthday, and the following day Buffy had used the excuse that she needed his help with a new couch to steal him away for a couple of hours and celebrate his adulthood, in the nude, many times over. She flushed at the memory and her finger was now rimming her wine glass while her eyes glazed over with desire.

Across from her, Spike’s nostrils were flaring; eyes glued on her every movement no matter how minute. He hadn’t had more than a couple of bites himself before noticing his words of praise for her cooking weren’t registering with her. When he saw how she seemed lost in naughty memories, he could hardly control the wave of desire that burst through him. His hands curled into fists on the table, feeling the hard surface under the tablecloth, and he could see in his mind the first time he’d had her on that surface, writhing and wriggling under him…


~~~~~~~The day Buffy surprised Spike with the apartment

“Gotta christen it!”

He kicked the door closed and frantically looked for a place to put her down to thoroughly shag her on. He didn’t mind the floor but he felt so crazy with desire he was sure he’d give her rug-burns with the force of his thrusts. He didn’t see any furniture around, but as he moved to the entry of what he supposed was the dining room he saw a table. No chairs, just an old black table… well it proved to be sturdy.

He reached it in three long strides and unfolded her body from his, splaying her out on her back upon the table and leaning over to devour her lips.

Buffy’s hands flew to the hem of his T-shirt, bunching the material and pulling it over his head, one hand tossing it behind her, the other grabbing the back of his neck and pulling him to her for another searing kiss as her legs wrapped around his waist so their pelvises were rubbing together.

Spike had enough of the tiny buttons of her shirt whose only ‘raison d’être’ seemed to be to stall him from tasting the succulent flesh of her breasts, so he tore it open, buttons flying everywhere, reminding him of that time in her kitchen when he first claimed her as his in a jealous fit.

Buffy could swear she heard him growl as his mouth latched onto one of her nipples, a hand rolling the other, caressing the underside of the silky mound. His other hand yanked at her jeans, finally managing to unfasten and pull them down her hips.

Buffy was fumbling with his belt, impatiently trying to unbuckle it while making mewling sounds of frustration. He pushed her hands out of the way, undid everything himself and shoved his pants to his knees. Then grabbing her hips, he rolled her on her stomach and tugged her jeans and panties to mid thigh.

Buffy braced herself on her elbows, looking at him from over her shoulder. “Now, Spike, please, want you…” her breath was labored and she worried her lower lip in that way that always made his passion soar.

He’d been hard since he saw her on his doorstep, now he was damn near bursting. He roughly shoved two fingers inside her to make sure she was wet enough for him and moaned at how her hot sheath clenched around his digits. Covering her body with his he wrapped an arm around her to anchor her to him and whispered in her ear “Fuck, I’ve missed this.”

“Fucking me? It hasn’t been that long.”

He could hear the smile in her voice as she wriggled her ass against him while he positioned the head of his cock at her slick entrance. “No, pet. Making you scream.”

He plunged inside her with one deep thrust, filling her up and feeling complete himself.

She screamed till her voice was hoarse as he kept pumping away inside of her. A few hard thrusts and she fell over the edge, but he wasn’t done with her yet. Still inside her, now pumping shallowly, slowly, he thoroughly licked two of his fingers and slowly pushed them inside her second hole, stretching her and savoring her moans as she pushed back to engulf more of him… all of him.

He pulled out of her entirely with a wet sound and placed the crown of his cock on the tight ring of muscle. “Want me here, luv?”

“Yessss, yes Spike, fuck me…” She gasped.

He pushed inside carefully, knowing he hadn’t prepared her enough and not wanting to hurt her, but she kept pushing back, ordering him to go harder, her nails scratching on the surface of the table.

Fully seated inside her, he thought for sure he wouldn’t be able to move an inch without climaxing. She was almost unbearably tight, scorching hot as she hugged and squeezed his dick. He could hear her panting, their sweat pooling between their bodies glued them to each other and he once again knew that was where he wanted to be for the rest of his life. Buried inside her.

He started moving, driving inside her with renewed fervor when he realized she was chanting his name and ‘I love you’, again and again and again. He was a breath away from cumming and wanted her there with him when he did.

So he lowered the hand holding her to him to the apex of her thighs, fondled her nether lips and, finding her clit, began rubbing and pressing. Feeling the first telltale tightening of her body, he bent over and bit the side of her neck, sucking on the tender skin, making her scream yet again as she thrashed and with a keening wail fell lax beneath him, completely spent. He came right after her, spilling inside her and losing control of his limbs too, barely managing to shift a bit to the side so that his weight didn’t completely crush her as – cock still inside her – he collapsed over her prone form.

~~~~~~~~~~


Words weren’t necessary when their lustful gazes met over their plates. They both knew what the other was thinking. Spike pushed back his chair and went to her, reaching her as she stood up. Her arms were thrown around his neck and he only needed to grab her glorious ass before her legs were wrapped around his waist and her hot core was pressing into his erection, burning him through two layers of clothes.

She kissed him like she needed the breath only he could provide her with.

“Bedroom. Now!” *Time to christen that bed.*

Spike only nodded before turning and heading to the bedroom with her bouncing and rubbing deliciously against him, a huge grin on his face that didn’t even waver as he stumbled on his boots trying to kick them off on the way and almost fell.

Yes, they had the rest of their lives to make love or fuck at their leisure, just as they had the rest of their lives to celebrate moving in together over a home cooked meal.

*Looks like my girl’s finally learnin’ to prioritize,* he thought and chuckled before throwing her on the bed and pouncing on her.

They had the rest of their lives to be together, starting right there and then.






The End


Chapter End Notes:
Please let me know if you liked it, even if you've never left a review for Quiet Summer until now! *hugs*