Author's Chapter Notes:
Thx for the reviews. IT's been a slow week for me and my muse seems tired as well. I'm home sick today so I got the opportunity to update.
Part Seventeen: Angel Of Death


When Buffy, Willow and Spike arrived to Jenny Calendar’s apartment it was already too late. They found the gypsy dead and her body carefully arranged on the bed.

There was note in Angel’s handwriting:

One down…

Buffy crushed the paper in her hand and turned to face the pale Willow and silent Spike.

“This is Angelus doing.”

“He must’ve known that she held the key to restoring his soul,” Willow whispered. “But how…?”

Buffy shook her head.

“We have no time to think about that.” Looking down at the dead woman. “All we can do is to take care of Jenny and then find a way to stop Angelus before he awakens Achatla.”

There was a brief pause.

“Achatla?” Spike asked with raised eyebrows.

Willow only nodded.

“I remember this from the future I saw through the spell. It would be Angelus first priority even this time.” She turned to face the slayer. “Are you really ready for this?”

Yes.

No.

I don’t know.


“Yes.”

The three of them shared looks, before turning to Jenny’s body again.

“What should we do with it?”

“With what?”

All three turned in simultaneous shock at the sound of Rupert Giles’s voice. And there the watcher was – standing in the doorway with a bottle of wine in his right hand and a bouquet of roses in his left.

“Giles!!”
He frowned at them and then tried to look over the wall that their shoulders made.

“What’s going on? Where’s Jenny?”

Silence.

“Buffy?”

Buffy shook her head and stepped out of the way so that her watcher could see the dead woman lying on the bed.

“I’m sorry, Giles.”

“Oh my God… Jenny…”

Both flowers and wine crash to the floor as Giles drops them to run towards the bed. He kneels beside it and reaches out a hand to grasp Jenny’s.

“Giles…” Buffy lays a hand on his trembling shoulder.

“Who did this?” Cold eyes meet hers and she can barely recognize her mentor.

“Angelus.”

“Angelus?” Giles frowned and looked down at the woman he loved. “How…? I mean…”

“Angel lost his soul,” Willow said and wiped her nose. “He’s evil again. And he killed Ms Calendar because she knew of a way to restore his soul.”

“Giles.” Buffy kneeled beside him and forced him to look at her. “I’m really sorry, but we got to stop him. We need your help.”

“Yes.” He nodded. “We have to kill him.”

“No.” Buffy shook her head. “We need to restore his soul.”

“He’s a monster, Buffy.” Giles voice was voided from all feelings – except anger, as he met her gaze. “He doesn’t deserve to live. Not after what he did to Jenny.”

“Angel is still in there.” Buffy blinked away the tears. “And he deserves another chance.”

“Buffy is right,” Willow stated. “We can still help him.”

Can we really?

Yes.

Why?

Because Angel is innocent in this.
Is he?

Yes.

Then do what you have to do.


“Willow.” Buffy focused on her friend. “There’s a disk behind Jenny’s desk. I think the solution’s there.” Pause. “Hurry.”

Willow nodded and quickly left the room.

“Spike?” Buffy meet his blue gaze. “Go with her. Make sure she’s safe.”

He nodded and was soon gone also.

Buffy turned to face the grim watcher.

“Giles.” Waiting for him to look up at her. “I’m going to fix this. I promise you.”

I promise you all.”

Buffy stepped away as Giles got up on his feet. he scooped up Jenny's body into his arms and walked out of the room - leaving Buffy behind.

Buffy sank to the floor, hugging her knees.

"Oh God, help me..."




Part Eighteen: The Best Laid Plans


Spike monitored the redheaded witch as she inserted the disk into the hard drive. It was funny that he trusted her – and the slayer, so easily. Almost as if he knew them from before. Or was it the future? It was all so confusing.

Never expected this, did you?

Hell no.

Gotta admit is exciting though.

Could live without that teacher dying.

Poor woman.

Dying at the hands of Angelus. What away to go.

You were once like him.

Don’t remind me.

Wonder what it’s like… Losing your soul like that.

You once did.

Yeah… Got it back fair and square tough.

And I still applaud you for that.

Thank you.

You’re welcome.


“Spike?”

Returning to the moment in hand, the vampire meet Willow’s wondering gaze. She looked at him like he was a puzzle that she could solve.

Good luck with that.

“What is it?”

“I found the spell.” She looked at the screen. “I think I can do it.”

“I rather prefer if you didn’t.”

They both swung around to face the dark haired vampire as he stepped out from the shadows at the far end of the room.

Sire!!

Shut up, fool. He’s not your sire.

He was my Yoda.

He’s nothing.

He’s Angel.

Angel of Death…


Spike growled.

“Angel.”

“Spike,” the other vampire greeted with a slight nod. “Long time no see.”

“Not nearly long enough.”

A snickering laughter.

“Always the bright one!!” Inching closer. “Not too bright tough. Or else you would have felt my presence a long time ago.”
I thought I smelled rat.

Good one.

I know.


“What do you want?”

“Isn’t that the million dollar question?” Grinning, Angel stepped closer to Spike. “How about you?”

Huh?

What the hell is he talking about?

Beats me.


“Spike, look out!!” Willow screamed behind the blond vampire.

It was too late tough. He never had a chance to see the object that connected to his head. All he saw before everything went black was Willow’s terrified expression.

I failed…

But before he lost all contact with reality he managed to get out a warning:

“Willow, run!!”



Tbc…