Author's Chapter Notes:
Thx for the reviews!!
Got nothing to comment on this chapter - only that I hope I can keep update as fast as possible.
Part Nineteen: Tears Don’t Fall



Home sweet home.

Buffy was walking down the street, remembering every event that had taken place there. And there were a lot of memories to process. Both good and bad. Heavy on the bad…

It was strange to be back in Sunnydale – knowing that the town shouldn’t really exist. It should be a crater…

All because of Spike…

Spike had single-handedly closed the Sunnydale Hellmouth for good. He’d been the hero…

Champion…

Champion.


…that she knew he was.

Had he known? When she handed him the amulet that it would lead to his death? Had he known during those last hours as they laid huddled on the cot, that it would be the last time he held her in his arms? That it would be the last time he caressed her hair and breathed in her scent – as he liked to do?

And if he had known… why had he taken the amulet in the first place?

We are not all gonna make it. You know that?

I always knew I would go down fighting.


And, boy, did he ever. In fact, he’d never stopped fighting. He’d fought against Angel(us), trying to win the elder vampire’s respect. He fought against two slayers and killed them. Against her. He’d fought his feelings for her – then fought for her love. Tried so hard to get accepted by the Scoobies. Stood up against Glory for Dawn. Battled for his soul…

Why does a man do what he mustn’t? For her. To be hers. To be the kind a man who would nev… To be a kind of man… And all shall look upon him with forgiveness and everyone will forgive and love. He will be loved…

Buffy came to a halt in front of her house, studying it with tears in her eyes. Tears she didn’t dare to let fall. Cause if she let them there would be no stop to them.

Home.

Mom.

Safe…


With bathed breath, she walked the path to the front door. She was only a few meters away when it swung open ad she came to a second halt.

“Buffy?”

“Mom…”

Buffy was suddenly a blur of motion as she ran up the stairs and into her mother’s arms.

“Mom!!”

Safely in her beloved mom’s arms, Buffy entered the house she’d never expected to see – or set foot in again.

She was home and everything would be okay. Hopefully.

Then the call came. Just as she passed the threshold.
The ID placed the call as Willow’s.

“Buffy…” The witch’s voice was unrecognisable. “He took Spike.”

“What…?”

“Angel has Spike. We were wrong… we should have done something sooner…”

It was may call.

You risked Spike’s life.

Oh God…

You always hurt the ones you love.


“Buffy, what’s wrong?”

Buffy turned to face Joyce and with a quiet sob she let herself find comfort in her arms once again.

Spike…




Part Twenty: Remembrance


He was going to die.

I’m not ready for you to not be here…

With Buffy’s voice ringing in his head, Spike struggled against the thick ropes that held him firmly to the pole.

He didn’t recognize the words, but the voice and the sincerity in them shook him into the core.

Where they a memory from the future, hidden deep in his subconscious due to the wishes that had been made? Would be made… A fellow could get really confused thinking about those kinds of things.

Never thought it would end like this.

I hope you understand that it’s the soul that has out you in this mess.

What?

Without a bloody soul you wouldn’t be in this mess. You would never have followed that blond slayer and gotten your life turned upside down.

Ha ha. Funny.

Not trying to be. Why did you go and get the soul in the first place?

Because Kara asked me to.

Aha!!

What?

Think about it; how could she have known where you could find it? She practically gave you the directions.

You got a point there.

I know!!


How could Kara have known about the soul?

According to Willow, Kara had been from the future as well. And like Buffy – and apparently him, she had made a wish. And it was these three wished that made a mess of everything.

Magic always have consequences.

I keep telling them that.

Them?

Yeah. them. The whelp and the others. Scobbies.

What?!


Silence.

I think I’m starting to remember things.

Me too.

Okay… Focus. What do I remember – exactly?

Thinking here…

Buffy. I remember her.

Remember loving her.

Getting my soul for her.


Silence.

Kara stole that from you.

She stole a lot from me.

Your memory of Buffy.

Buffy…


“You know, I don’t get it.”

Angel’s voice broke through the maze that was Spike’s mind and he focused on the dark haired vampire that approached him with a dagger in his hand.

“What?”

“That Buffy could actually love someone like you.” He sighed. “But then again,” he leaned forward, “She seems to have and odd fixation for vampires with souls.”

You may not see it. But I do… I believe in you, Spike…

“I can smell it all over you, you know,” the elder vampire continued and sneered. “That burning spark inside you. I finally get why Drusilla staked herself.” Pause. “She couldn’t bare the thought off what you’ve become.”

Angel lifted the hand holding the dagger with malice written all over his face. And Spike felt a pang of regret that he would never get the chance to tell Buffy that he remembered her now. Never get a chance to tell her that he loves her.

You’re the One, Buffy…

“Let’s see if the soul can make you scream for me.”

Cause it’s always about the blood…

And with that he brought the dagger straight into Spike’s chest.

And Spike screamed…



Tbc…