Author's Chapter Notes:
Yay - it's finished!! Some of the dialogue is from previous parts - as well from episodes. The first lyrics are from Evenescance 'My Last Breath' and the second is Rufus Wainwright's 'Halleluljah'
Thx to all who reviewed
xoxo
Epilogue Part One: Once, Twice, Third’s A Charm…


hold on to me love
you know i can't stay long
all i wanted to say was i love you and i'm not afraid
can you hear me?
can you feel me in your arms?




I love you.

Yeah, you do.



Buffy laid on her side, with Spike’s arms wrapped around her, enclosing her in a warm and soothing embrace.

She’d never felt more safe. Or loved.

It was the best night of her entire life…

Days had passed since she had confronted Spike and finally got him to admit that she loved him. And that he loved her.

Each day had held its own wonder and joy; she no longer had to wake up – crying because she had lost the man she loved. No more nightmares that left her sleepless and unable to function normally.

No longer did she have to go through the motions to pretend that she was alright – when she really wasn’t.

Life was… As it should be.

She had the man she loved more than anything.

Buffy opened her eyes when Spike moved behind her in his sleep. He murmured something incoherently – but she thought it sounded like ‘Love you’. That was enough to put a silly grin on her face.

Aww, he’s so cute…

Eager to share everything – even her briskness (Why should he sleep when she don’t?), she turned in his arms and pressed a soft kiss against his slightly parted lips.

He moaned in protest.

Buffy decided that she needed to advance some more, and let a hand slip under the cover. It trailed down his abdomen and went even lower…
Spike opened his eyes and met her gaze with a grin.

“You’re treading risky waters there, Summers.”

She giggled - giggled! and took away her hand. She instead reached up to push away a strand of hair that fell into his eyes.

“Really?” She nibbled at her lower lip. “What are you gonna do about it?”

Spike raised an eyebrow suggestively.

“Oh, I don’t know… Maybe this…!”

She yelped in delight when he rolled over her and pinned her to the madras while he burrowed his face in the crook of her neck.

“Spike!”

He blew raspberries into her skin and tickled her merciless ‘til she was a blob of limp members and raging giggles.

Spike ceased with the pleasurable torture and raised himself up on the elbows so that he could gaze down at the happily grinning slayer.

“Do you surrender?” he asked and tilted his head in that adorable manor that always made Buffy melt to the core.

“Never!” she exclaimed bravely and burst out into another fit of laughter as he growled and started nibbling on her earlobe.

“Always knew slayers were lousy strategists,” he teased and blew air into her ear. “Never know when they should quit.”

Buffy huffed at that and made a manoeuvre that ended with him lying on his back and her straddling his prone form.

“More likely that we know exactly how to place or opponent right there were we want him.” She said and leaned down to place a kiss on his grinning mouth.

He returned the kiss and let his tongue slip into her mouth – tasting every inch of her warm cave.

“Brilliant strategy,” he whispered and laid his arms around her, drawing her down so that she rested flatly against his muscular chest.

She smiled into his mouth.

“I know.”

Spike’s hand appears from the covers and he caresses her cheek before tangling his hand in her locks, tilting her head up so that he can deepen the kiss. Buffy mimics his gesture by lifting her hand to grip a handful of his curls.

Spike’s mouth leaves Buffy’s for a moment to travel down her exposed neck, planting kisses all the way down to her collarbone and then travelling up again to once again rest against her eager lips. Then he makes a thrusting move and Buffy exhales deeply in sweetest pleasure.

There’s another pause as Spike stills over the slayer and their eyes meet. There’s so much love…

“God, you’re beautiful,” he whispers silently.

“So are you,” she smiles tenderly.

And then he begins to move inside of her. Slow, seductive thrusts that leaves her breathless and begging for more.

She’s reduced to a willing slave as he plays on her body as the most sensitive artist.

Spike was the one inside her but she felt she was inside him, and it still wasn’t enough. She needed more… She needed him. All of him.
She wrapped her legs around him to bring him closer and it still wasn’t close enough – it could never be enough…

Their lips broke off for air and their eyes met and locked and everything stilled for a moment. It was so beautiful that her heart threatened to burst out of her chest.

Buffy traced Spike’s cheek with the backs of her fingers.

“You’re so…”

She touched his mouth with just one fingertip, her eyes fixed on his, intense, searching his face for something. There. There’s that look that only he can give me.
Spike had a way of looking right through a person, into a person, there was no denying it.

He sees me.

My soul…



“I love you.” She whispered.

“I love you too,” he responded and resumed kissing her.

There was in fact no other place in the entire world she’d rather be.

She was home…



Epilogue Part Two: The Rest Of Our Lives.



Your faith was strong but you needed proof,
you saw her bathing on the roof,
her beauty in the moonlight overthrew you
She tied you to a kitchen chair, she broke your throne,
she cut your hair, and from your lips she drew the Hallelujah



You’re the one, Buffy…

Buffy stood in front of her friends, noticing the smiles in their happy faces. They were glad for her sake. Truly, honestly glad that she’d finally was happy. That she’d found her love again.

She’d never expected them to be. After all there had been little love between her friends and Spike.
But all that had changed and now they welcomed him as one of them.

Maybe saving the world and proving his love for Buffy did that.

“So, Spike,” Giles said and cleansed his glasses while he pinned the younger man with his gaze. “Are you going to make a honest woman out of my slayer?”

Buffy blushed bright red.

“Giles!”

Her watcher only responded with an innocent look.

Xander tried to hide his smirk behind his hand.

Willow simply beamed.

Dawn seemed ready to burst into particles of anticipation.

And Spike looked like a kid caught with the hand in the cookie jar.

Buffy’s eyes widened when she suddenly came to a realization.

I’m cookies!!

“I’m cookies!!”

Everyone turned in unison and stared at her.

Did I actually say that out loud?”
She blushed even redder.

“Er… That’s… I meant…”

Spike obviously decided to come to her rescue.

“In fact, Rupert,” he said and fired of a grin towards the elder man, “I was planning to.” Eyebrow raised. “But now you kind’a ruined the surprise.”

This was met by absolute silence.

Spike got down on his knees, looking up at Buffy as if she was the most beloved person in the whole wide world. In his hand laid the perfect wedding ring; white gold and yellow diamonds.

Oh, my God…

It’s happening.

Just like I dreamt it would…

Only this isn’t a dream…


“For my golden goddess,” he said and reached out for her hand. “Buffy, will you marry me?”

“Yes,” she whispered with tears in her eyes. “God, yes!!”

A brilliant smile graced his beautiful face as he slid the ring – which fit perfectly, on her finger. Then he pulled her with him to their feet as he kissed her passionately.

“You’ve just made me the happiest man alive!”

They shared another sweet kiss, before Buffy broke contact to gaze over his shoulder at her cheering friends.

“Guys,” she beamed at them, “Spike and I are getting married!”

“Congratulations!”

And soon she was enveloped in a warm group hug.

“We are so happy for you guys,” they said as one.

Buffy turned blissfully to Spike and slid into his waiting arms.

“This is the happiest day in my life,” she breathed.

He returned her smile and leaned down to kiss her.

“Mine too.”

Dawn beamed at her sister and the spouse to be.

“This is just great!” Pause. “Everything has turned out like you wished, Buffy!”

“Yeah,” breathed Willow. “So what do we do know?”

Buffy gazed around and remember a similar question – at a different time.


What do you think we should do, Buffy?

Yeah, you’re not the one and only chosen anymore. s’ gotta live like a person. How does that feel?

Yeah, Buffy… What are we gonna do now?


Buffy gazed at the silent man standing by her side.

He would never leave her – just like he promised. He would always stand by her side, no matter what and he would always love her.

Just like she would always love him.

The answer was simple – really.


”We live.”




finsish~