Author's Chapter Notes:
Sorry for the late update. RL has been bitchy lately, but hopefully the updates will come more often from now. Thanks to all who has reviewed so far. *hugs*
Part Seven: Slaydar.

Kara moved silently in the shadows, very ware of the fact that the slightest sound could attract the attention from the man she was stalking.

She’d been following him for about two hours, studying his fighting skills as he took on vampire and demons without hesitation.

It never seized to amaze her that he was so strong. So skilled. Without being a vampire.

Who are you? Really?

He suddenly stopped and so did she.

Did he sense me?

But in the next second a gang of three vampires appear into her view and she realized why Spike had stopped.

“Stake fodder,” mumbled Spike and whipped out a stake from his back pocket.

When the first vampire launches itself at him, Spike jumps up, brings both legs into the air and wraps them around the demons neck. With a quick jerk of his legs the sounds of the demon’s neck snapping echoes through the night. As Spike’s arms are released the other two demons back up in shock.

Spike brings his arms over his head to catch himself before his head hit the ground. Then tucking himself into a roll as he hits the ground, Spike stands up. The two demons come running towards him screaming a battle cry.

The smallest of them reaches him first, his claw ready for the kill. Grabbing the vampire’s hand, Spike spins around with his back to the attacker. He jerks the arm down and let the momentum take the claw into his attacker’s stomach. He lets the body tumble to the ground.

The other demon is on him before he could catch his breath. His arm is around Spike's throat, and we see how he instantly began to tighten his grip.

Spike - using his own body, flips the vampire over his shoulder, automatically causing his throat to be released. Then by digging his knee into his opponent’s stomach, Spike grabs its head and with a quick twist, he snaps his second neck for the evening.

And all that Kara could do was to watch in awe.

My hero…

Suddenly he spun around and locked gaze with her, startling her by that action. So he had been aware of her presence!!

“Kara?”

She nodded as she stepped out from the shadows.

“Hi.”

His incredibly blue eyes roamed over her appearance and she felt very self confident when she noticed the pleased sparkle in the mysterious depths.

“What are you doing here?”

“I was looking for you.”

Better lie. He’s so protective. Can’t let him know…

Spike simply stared and Kara began to feel uneasy.

Crap!!

“You’re a slayer.”

How the hell could he know that?

“How…?”

“Could this be any more ironic?”

“Spike?”

Kara watched in wonder as he threw his hands up in the air and began pacing.

“A slayer! A fucking bloody slayer!!”

He seem somewhat hostile against slayers.

No shit.

What should I do?

I don’t know. Seduce him?

Yeah, like that would work. Or…?

I say; Go for it. Spike likes sex.

He sure does. Wait a sec… Spike!!

And slayers.

Spike and slayers. There’s a bell ringing. Could it be…?

It could.

But he’s dead. And he was a vampire.

I know. But…

Did I mention he’s supposed to be dust?

Weirder things has happened.


“You’re Spike. The Spike. Slayer of slayers. The vampire with a soul that destroyed the Sunnydale Hellmouth.”

And was in love with Buffy Summers.

Shut up.

No need to get nasty. But he did love her. Passionately.

I know…


Spike nodded grimly.

“And you’re a slayer.”

He’s right, you know. This is ironic.

“Oh…”



Part Eight: Reality Bends To Its Own Will.


Spike cursed the day he was told about slayers. He cursed the git (Angel) who told him about them. But mostly he cursed the day he fell in love with one.

Buffy.

Slayers are stubborn. They’re irritating. Bossy. Fierce. Strong. Sexy. Clueless. Leaders. Brave. Beautiful. And a real pain in the arse. Literally.
Spike had actually believed that he was done with slayers. Home free.

Idiot.

“Spike?”

He turned around to gaze down at the frowning Kara.

That’s me. The one and only.

“Are you mad at me?”

’s that a trick question?

Don’t answer that!!

Like I don’t know that. Ponce!!

You could be stupid sometimes. And shirty.

‘m not shirty. And Buffy was right; Is that even a word?

Oh, just zip it!


“Spike?”

Just answer her!!

“No. ‘m not angry at you.”

Just at myself.

Didn’t I tell you to zip it?!


He growled.

Moron.

“But you’re not okay with it. Me being a slayer.”

“’s just that I thought that I was done with your kind.”

“That’s harsh, Spike.”

“Lady, you haven’t even seen how harsh I can be.”

He could practically see the temper rising in her taut little body. Steaming. Her tiny fists balled as if restraining herself from lashing out at him. Like he wasn’t used to slayers pounding on him. Her eyes blazed when they meets his.

Look at that. She’s beautiful beyond words.

Slayers usually are.

Agreed.


“Why are you like this?”

Man, she can whine with the best of them.

Maybe she’s got a reason to whine. You’re pretty rude to her.

Rude?

Yeah!

Am I to rude even?

Always!

But I can’t help it. Can I?

Pass!

You think I should make it up to her?

Duh!

Ponce.


“Ah!!” Kara cried out and kicked his leg with her toe tip.
It hurt.

What is it with slayers and violence?

“I wish you could just get over yourself and that freaky conviction that slayers are bad! I wish…” she continued, ignoring Spike frantic gestures for her to stop. “I wish that you never fell in love with Buffy Summers. I wish that you had a chance to experience true love and not that sick and twisted relationship you two obviously had.”

Spike stopped trying to get her to stop the tirade and put down his hands in surrender as he bowed his head in despair.

“And do you know what I wish?” he whispered and gave in. cause it was already to late to redeem the damage. “I wish I never heard of slayers.”

That’s it. You’re screwed.

Goodbye to you too. Poof.

Oh. Just stick it up…


There was a violent explosion and suddenly there was a woman standing in front of them. Her face was twisted in its demon disguise.

“Wish granted.”

And everything went black.

tbc…