Author's Chapter Notes:
Thanks to all who reviewed!! Hugs to you all.

DISCLAIMER: I DON'T OWN ANY OF THE CHARACTERS FRROM THE BUFFYVERSE USED FOR THIS FANFIC, ALL MATERIAL IS COPYRIGHTED TO THEIR ORIGINAL OWNERS. THAT IT'S MADE FOR FUN, NOT TO PROFIT.
Part Nine: The Butterfly Effect


Wish granted.

Dry lips were pressed against hers.
Buffy blinked and stared in disbelief.

“Angel?”

Angel lips!! Lips of Angel!! Gross…?

The dark haired vampire drew back and returned her gaze with a frown.

Oh dear, did he always look so broody?

“What is it, Buffy?”

“I… er…” she nibbled at her lower lip and saw his gaze immediately focus on her mouth.

Oh, right. We’re probably still together.

Creepy…

Tell me about it.

Spike!! Focus on Spike!!


“Buffy?”

“Where’s Spike?”

Angel looked strangely at her.

“How can you know about Spike?”

Crap!!

“Uh… You must have mentioned him at some time.”

It really didn’t look like the vampire believed her. In fact, he looked real suspicious. She tried on a reassuring smile. Obviously he didn’t buy it; because now he looked grim.

“Buffy?”

“You must have mentioned him, Angel. How can I else know anything about him?”

Go for that innocent look. Angel always falls for that one.

Sneaky.

All is fair in love and war.

Is there a war now?

Ah, you know what I mean. Now – look innocent!!


Buffy tilted her head back and fired off a sweet, oh so sweet, smile at the confused vampire. It seemed to work, for his axels relaxed and he let out a small sigh. She recognized the expression on his face as patient.

“But why would you ask after him now?”

Think quickly!

“I’ve heard that The Night of St. Vigeous is coming soon. I thought that maybe a vampire like Spike would be interested in taking advantage off a situation like that.”

“A vampire like Spike?”

There was real confusion in Angel’s voice but Buffy couldn’t understand why.

“Yeah, you know; evil vampire with a bloodied tooth for killing slayers.”

“Buffy…” Angel shook his head and meet her gaze with puzzlement. “Spike has never killed a slayer. As far as I know.”

What?!!

“What?!!”

“Why would he?”

“Oh, I don’t know… Maybe because that’s what he’s famous for?”

Another frown.

“I don’t know what you’ve heard, Buffy. But I swear that Spike hasn’t killed a single slayer. He doesn’t even know what a ‘slayer’ is for God’s sake!!”

Whoa!! Wait… What?

“He doesn’t know about slayers?”

What the hell?

Angel nodded solemnly.

“Yes.” Sigh. “Look. Buffy; Spike is a complicated vampire and I haven’t seen or heard from him in years. Not since I got my soul. All I can tell you is that he’s rumored to have fallen in love with a woman in the end of the nineteenth century, a human girl.”

Spike loved someone. Someone that wasn’t me.

“And…Drusilla?”

“You know about her too?” Sigh. “Drusilla died shortly after siring Spike. She saw something in her visions that made her ramble about sunshine’s, goddesses and a spark that would consume everything in its path. She killed herself with a stake.”

“Wow… That’s just… something.”

They looked at each other in silence for a short while.

More info about Spike!! You need to know more!!

“So… where’s Spike now?”

Suspicious glare.

“Why are you so interested in him? Buffy?”

“Well… You know… I’m always interested where I can find the next soulless vampire to introduce to my stake.”

This time Angel really seemed taken back by her remark and she frown in confuse. What did she say now?

“Buffy…” Angel started slowly. “Spike isn’t soulless.”

Huh?

“What?”

“Spike loved Kara so much that he went through the demon trails to get himself a soul.”



Part Ten: The Vampire With A Soul


Buffy stormed into Giles’s apartment, slamming the door behind her with an audible bang that actually made the windows rattle.

“Giles!!”

Her watcher appeared in the doorway leading into the kitchen area with a cup in his hands. Probably tea.
Predictable Englishmen.

“What’s the matter, Buffy?”

“I need everything you have on a vampire known as Spike.”

There was a slight silence and she noticed his puzzlement.

“Spike?” Pause. “How can you know anything about him?”

A deep sigh.

“Angel must’ve mentioned him at some point.”

“Ah.”

“So?”

“So what?”

Suddenly I get why Spike never really got along with my watcher. He can be denser than me sometimes.

I thought that was virtually impossible.

Bitch.

And proud f it.


“I… I just need to know, Giles.” Begging look. “Please.”

Giles mumbled something, disappeared for a minute and then came back with a thick book.

The watcher’s journal.

Info about Spike!

Duh.

Shut up.


Giles placed the book on the table and stepped away as Buffy hastily reached after it. He seemed anxious for some reason.

“There’s not much in there about this particular vampire,” he informed her and rubbed his nose in a familiar manner. “Only that he was sired by Drusilla and that the two of them lived together for some years before she, for some reason, killed herself. Then it says that Spike stopped a young woman from getting killed by Dracula and that he fell in love with that very same woman. Her name was Kara and they were a couple until her death. But most noticeable is that Spike went to Africa and went through the demon trials in order to restore his soul.”

For her.

Once it was for you.

I’ve totally screwed up things, haven’t I?

Guess again. Smartass.

Crap.


Buffy could literally feel the nausea rising in her throat and she felt the sudden urge to run screaming out of the house and wail against the moon. She backed away from the table, clutching the book against her chest.

Giles looked strangely at her – and why shouldn’t he? Her behaviour must seem quite irrational to him.

“Buffy…?”

She quickly turned on her heels and fled the house.
She didn’t slow down until she was out of sight and with bathed breaths reached for her cell.

I need Willow. She’ll put everything in perspective.

But this would be rather hard to explain.

True that. Oh, she’s answering…


“Willow Rosenberg.”

“Hello? It’s me.” Buffy said in a weak voice.

“Buffy?” Her dear friend asked from the other side of the line.

“Yeah.”

“Is something wrong? You sound… different.”

“Spike has no idea who I am.”

“Huh?”

“So what if I made a wish and totally screwed up things?” She pouted. “It wasn’t supposed to happen this way! I wished that he and I could have a fresh start! Well, it’s fresh alright. He doesn’t even remember me!!” She began to shout.

“Spike? Who’s Spike and what’s with the wishing talk? Buffy, you’re not making any sense.”

“I hate vengeance demons. They’re EVIL.” She trumpeted.

“Buffy, call down.”

“I *am* calm.” Buffy pouted some more. “I’m perfectly calm considering the situation.”

“Which is?”

“I made a wish and everything got messed up.”

“A wish regarding some guy named…Spike?”

“Yes.” Buffy admitted between sobs.

“And…?”

“And I want my Spike back.”

“And you care about…Spike?”

“Yes.”

“Buffy, do you want me to go over there?”

“Yes.” She replied weakly. Then she quickly changes her mind. “No!!”

“What?”

“I need to find him.”

“Spike?”

“Yes. I’m going to find him.”

And when I do I want let him out of my sight. Not until he loves me back.

Good luck with that.

Well, thank you.

I was being sarcastic.

Screw you.

Isn’t the proper term; screw him?

Yeah, when I find him.

What the hell are you waiting for then?!


Evil smile forming on her lips.

”Will? I’m going hunting.”

Tbc…