Author's Chapter Notes:
Huge thanks to everyone who's reviewed so far!
I'm sorry if people take offense off Spike's relationship with Kara - but bare with me; everything will sort itself out in good time. And as far as Spike getting his soul back for Kara instead of Buffy- Spike in this story is slightly different due to a particular wish.
You've been warned...
Part Eleven: Strangers


Spike knew he was followed the second he stepped out of the demon bar. But he didn’t know who was following him or why.

He could smell her tough. A young woman.

Vanilla.

And something else.

Something strong.


As he walked the dark streets he made sure to act like he was oblivious to her presence. If he’d been an ordinary vampire he would simply have made her a snack by now – but he was everything but ordinary and that’s why he was so curious to why a woman would follow him for blocks.

Spike chanced a look over his shoulder and got a quick glimpse of long blond hair and a petite figure. She was little, this one, but yet she radiated strength beyond anything he’s ever felt before.

Peculiar.

When Spike reached the outskirts of a dark cemetery he suddenly grew weary of this cat and mouse game to which he had not idea why it took place anyway.

“Come out, little girl,” he snarled and turned around to face the silent figure standing under an old oak tree. “I know you’re there.”

The woman, or girl actually, stepped out from the shadows and he could finally see all of her. And by the heavens, she was gorgeous.

“I knew you could feel me,” she said with a bright smile. “You always could.”

What the bloody hell is she talking about?

Obviously she’s a loony.

To bad. She’s so hot.

A finally!

Finally what?

You look at a girl and feel attracted to her. Progress, mate. Progress.


“What?”

The girl stepped even closer and he almost backed away when the power that radiated from her became even more apparent.

“What are you talking about?”

“I’m talking about how you always managed to find me – no matter how far away I was. It wasn’t just the vampire sense of smell that made that possible. It was something only you could do. Like a mini Buffy-radar.”

“Look, lady, I don’t even know you. You’re not making any sense.”

Now she looked frustrated for some unexplainable reason and Spike repressed a sigh. It figured that he would end up with this town’s nutcase. He always seemed to attract the most kind of trouble.

“I know you don’t remember me,” the girl said impatiently. “Willow managed to knit together a spell that told us that you’re past is all wobbly. Like someone interfered with it.”

“U’huh.”

“But you must trust me, okay? We know each other. At least, we’re supposed too.”

“If someone hadn’t messed up my past.”

“Yes!!”

He simply stared at her in amazement.

“You’re a real nut job, aren’t you?”

“I’m not!!” Pause. “Aren’t you curious to have I could find you?”

He shrugged.

“You probably saw me at the bar and decided to play tag with me for some crazy reason.”

“I’m not crazy!!” She pouted and darn it – she looked so cute when she did that. “I knew who you were! Don’t you get it? Spike, we’re supposed to be together!!”

“How the hell can you know my name?”

You’ve been sloppy. No one’s supposed to know you exist anymore.

I didn’t think anyone knew.

She does.

That’s crazy.

I don’t see a restraining jacket anywhere on her body. Her hot, tight body…
You need to get laid.

I’ve been saying that for ages now.

Shut up.


“I’ve been telling you,” the girl whined and his focused returned to her. “Argh!! I wish I never made that stupid wish!”

“Wish?” frowning. “Magic always has consequences.”

Now she looked like she would go up I particles.

“I know!!” Deep breath. “Spike, I need you to listen to me.”

“Fine.” He sighed. “Tell me everything.”

And she did.


Part Twelve: Buffy the Vampire Slayer


Buffy looked expectantly at Spike.

The vampire frowned, let his eyes roam over her entire being, frowned again and then he rubbed his nose.

“You’re name is Buffy Summers and you’re from the future.”

It does sound kind’a strange when he puts it like that.

Told you that he wouldn’t believe you.

A girl gotta try.

She sure does.


“Aha.”

Another frown.

“And you’re a… slayer?”

“U’huh.”

Pause.

“What’s a slayer again?”

She stared in misbelieve.

“I told you!!”

“Yeah.” Hesitation. “I’m not buying it.”

“Why?”

“If there was a thing called ‘slayers’ shouldn’t I at least have known about it? I mean, you say slayers are a vampire’s worst nightmare – but I never heard of such a creature.”

Patience, Buffy. Violence will get you nowhere.

Put a cork in it. Violence is like foreplay to Spike.

Not this one.

We don’t know that.

True. But I would advice you to not take that course of action.

Whatever.


“But it’s true. And I am. A slayer.”

He looked at her as she was some undiscovered bug.

“You’re not for real, are you?”

Patience my ass.

Buffy struck out with her fist and delivered a blow that sent him flying away. If she couldn’t talk him into believing her, maybe her actions would do the job.

As Spike lay on the ground, rubbing his chin, he gazed up at her in wonder.

“Damn, you’re strong.”

“Told you.”

“No human is that strong.”

“Unless she’s a slayer.”

He slowly got back up on his feet and turned to face her with a small smile playing on his lips.

“Okay,” he said. “I’m beginning to believe you. You’re a slayer.” Pause. “But what I don’t get is that you’re saying that we’re supposed to know each other. I’ve never seen you before.”

“That’s because I changed the past. In the future you know me all to well.”
“And that’s where you’re from; the future.”

“Yes.”

“Why?”

Sigh.

“I made a wish.”

“A wish.”

“U’huh.”

“And you’re looking for me because…?”

Here goes nothing…

“I love you.”

He seemed taken back by that simple phrase. Three little words…

“Look… I’m flattered… But…”

“You don’t remember me. I get it.” Stern gaze. “But I will change that.”

There was a slight silence as Spike once again scrutinized her. Then, all of the sudden, his hand reached out for hers and with some hesitation she laid her hand in his.

“Then let’s get properly introduced,” he said with a grin. “Hi, I’m Spike.”

Buffy’s heart was racing now.

Please. Please. PLEASE.

“I’m Buffy.”


Tbc…