Author's Chapter Notes:
Eternal love to all the reviwers!!

Hopefully you'll enjoy this chapter and not be to upset by the events taking place. Be warned...
Part Thirteen: The Slayer Who Loves Me


Spike found himself sitting on the edge of a very girlishly bed (pink sheets –and there were hearts all over it too) being carefully scrutinized by two young women. The first one being Buffy and the second a redhead who had introduced herself as Willow ‘the slayers best friend and obviously a practising Wicca’. The later didn’t really seem so sure about that last statement. That didn’t really put a lot of faith in either two of them.

“He’s cute,” the redhead said and nodded approvingly.

Gee, thanx.

“What will you do know when you’ve found him?”

Like I’m some bleeding dog. Christ.

At least they’re candy for the eyes.

Yeah. Always something.


“I don’t know, Wills,” Buffy said and gazed down at Spike, who started feeling very frustrated about the whole situation.

“Look,” he began, only to cut it short when he noticed the slight pout on Buffy’s lips.

Look at that lip. Gonna get it…

Whoa!! Where did that come from?!

Hell if I know. Sounded good, ‘s all.


“Look,” he resumed a little firmer, “I came along to get some answers. Not to be examined like some undiscovered bug under a bloody microscope.”

“And you’ll get your answers,” Buffy promised and sent the redhead a pleading look. “We both will as soon as Willow can figure out a spell to discover what made the past all… wrong.”

“Er…” Willow seemed too anxious to be convincing. “Yes. As soon as I come up with a… spell.” She turned to face Buffy. “Are you really sure about this, Buffy?”

The girl, also known as the ‘slayer’, nodded grimly and laid a reassuring hand on the other girls shoulder.

“I know that you have it in you, Wills.”

Suddenly she got a strange look in her face as if she remembered something that brought back bad memories and Spike felt a twinge of curiosity. Did it have something to do with the witch’s supposedly powers? Had the redhead done something in the future – and how messed up was it not that he actually accepted that theory, which hurt Buffy?

The girls both turned to face him once again and he fired off a megawatt smile just for the sake of it. And it seemed to work as both flushed bright red. Especially the slayers seemed affected by his attention as he suddenly could smell the excitement on her.

Interesting.

She sure does react fast. Little minx.

She claims that she loves you.

Ah, about that…

I know, it still sounds very strange.

U’huh.

But think about it… To be loved so much…

Already been loved like that. Remember?

I do remember. But she’s dead. Been for a long time.

But…

And didn’t she tell you that there would be a day when you would be able to love again?

She also told me to avoid blonds.

Yeah, what was that?!

Don’t know.

Twit.


“Spike?”

“Huh?”

The slayer stood with her feet spread and her hands on her hips, looking very much like a general commanding her troops – in this case him and Willow.

“Have you even been listening?” Noticing his aloofness. “This is so not the best time to get on my nerves, Spike.”

“Sorry,” he mumbled and meets her gaze head on. “But I can’t see the relevance of this conversation. It’s bloody obvious that the little Wicca has no idea how to perform this spell you’re babbling about. Isn’t that right, red?”

The witch frowned at him and then tried on a jittery smile as the slayer whirled around to face her.

“Is this true? Will?”

Suddenly the ringing tones from the phone echoed from the hall and with a shrug on her shoulders the redhead made a hasty retreat.

Saved by the bell.

Literally.


Buffy now turned her full attention back to Spike and he repressed a sigh. This wasn’t really how he imagined things would turn out. He’d only wanted to get better acquainted with the hot girl who obviously seemed obsessed about him. She was a real firecracker.

“I know you still have your doubts,” she began and hunched at his feet. “Spike, look at me.”

He meets her firm gaze and felt something inside him melt and crack.

“I want you to know that I do love you.”

No, you don’t. But thanks for saying it.”

What the hell?!! Where did that come from?


“Buffy?” Willow came back and gave the slayer a peeved look. “It was your mum. She wanted me to remind you that it was parent-teacher’s night.”

Buffy looked downright appalled.

“Oh, crap!!”



Part Fourteen: The Big Bad Wicca


“Don’t you worry, Spike. I think I finally got it right,” Willow said and dared a wobbly smile.

Can’t believe the slayer left me alone with this ball of nervous energy.

She obviously thinks this parent-teacher night is more important.

Yeah. She seemed quite anxious actually.

Haha. Did you see the look in her face before she run away?

Sure did.

That was fun.

Sure was.


Silence.

Wonder when she’s coming back.

Me too. This witch gives me the creeps.


Spike warily watched as the redhead placed a cauldron half-full of water on a table. The witch slowly lit two purple candles and incense that smelled like lavender. Silently she placed her hands lightly on either side of the object and breathed gently onto the water.

”Cauldron reveal to me that which I seek.

Great Mother, open my inner eye that I may truly see.”

Spike gasped in surprise as the witch suddenly drew back form the cauldron. Her eyes were pitch black and her entire being seemed to spasm violently.

“Willow?”

Spike let out a breath as the girl suddenly slumped forward and her eyes returned to their usual colour.

“Willow?” he tried again and watched as she lifted her head to look in his direction.

“Wow,” the witch breathed and raised a hand to her chest. “The power…”

“Yeah, I saw it.”

I don’t like this. One bit.

Neither do I. she seems to be on some kind of power trip.

Magic always has consequences.

Tell me about it.


“It’s…” Willow blinked and then a grin spread on her face. “It’s… intoxicating.”

“Yeah…” Pause. “Did you see anything?”

Her focus returned solemnly to him and he repressed the sudden urge to shrink back as he noticed the over glazed look in her eyes.

“I saw it all,” she stated and got up on her feet. “And I know what happened to you. Both in the future and in the past.”

Silence.

“Which is…?”

“Three wished were made. Three wills intertwined. Yours, the slayers and Kara’s.”

“Kara?”

Willow nodded and inched closer to him.

“She also was from the future. It was her wish that sent you back into the past. A past were you would not know about slayers. A past were you could come to love her without the memory of Buffy standing in the way.”

“Are you saying that Kara made a wish that made me… forget? Everything?”

Willow inched even closer and Spike leaned away as she now was only a breath away.

“Yes.” Her eyes became clouded for a second. “But I can fix it.”

“You can?” Spike gulped. “How?”

He was caught by surprise as her hand snatched forward, gripping a strand of his hair. What the hell was she up to now?

“I will set it right,” she hummed and closed her eyes.

Spike’s eyes widened as his entire body shook in pain from the forces this little girls was about to set in motion.

His very being reared in protest, but he found himself powerless to stop her.

Buffy!!

Then everything exploded in a bright light and the world changed yet again.

Tbc…