Author's Chapter Notes:
Wow - you guys just blow me away with your wonderful feedback.

Warning for this chapter: Buffy/Other
Part Fifteen: What Was Lost


Buffy blinked. The last thing she remembered was standing by the punch and getting thoroughly insulted by Snyder. That and a bright light before everything went black.

Oh, no. Not again…

Buffy fought to get her bearing straight. She was obviously lying on a bed. The room was dark and somewhat familiar. And the feeling between her thighs also…

Oh, God… Not this… I can’t…

Get a grip. It’s not like you haven’t done it before.

And it almost killed me…

Snap out off it!!


Buffy repressed a sob and tried to focus on her surroundings.

She was in fact in Angel’s bed. The bed in which she’d lost her virginity and Angel lost his soul.

Shivering, she reached for her clothes and hastily out them on. Searching the room for the dark vampire, but not finding him. Yet.

Getting up from the bed, Buffy cast a quick glance at the door. When it suddenly opened and her ‘lover’ came in, she was ready. At least this time.

“Lost something?”

Angel shut the door behind him and let his eyes roam over her dishevelled being. Then, very slowly, an animal grin spread across his face.

“I think I’ve just found something.” Pause. “Lover.”

Buffy looked at the vampire and felt remorse. It was her fault that Angel was gone.

No, wait… Don’t go down that road again. There’s no way in hell you could have known that this would be the outcome of sleeping with the man you love.

Loved.

You say tomato…

At least I know what to expect now. And how we can restore his soul.

That’s something.

What I can’t phantom is how we ended up here.

I didn’t make another wish.

Me neither.

But here we are.

Here we are.


Buffy turned her focus to the grinning vampire.

“You’re soul is gone.”

“You’re obviously a lot smarter than I ever have given you credit for,” he said and shrugged. “But that doesn’t stop me from destroying you and everything you love.”

Buffy frowned.

This isn’t how it should play itself out.

And what the hell is he talking about?


“If you hurt my family or friends I’ll kill you. Without hesitation.”

Angel inched closer and it took all off Buffy’s willpower to not back away from him. She forced herself to remember that there was a way of restoring his soul – to remember that Angel still was in there, somewhere.

“You can’t do it.” He said triumphantly. “You can’t kill me.”

Buffy closed her eyes for a shot respite, before meeting his consuming gaze.

“Give me time.”

And with that she turned on her heels and left the dark room, silently shutting the door behind her.

Time to go and be heroes…



Part Sixteen: Consequences

“This is so not how I wanted it to happen.”

Spike came back to consciousness with Willow’s voice ringing in his ears. He shook his head to clear it and then blinked when he noticed that the surroundings had changed. Tough they were still in the same room, it looked moderately different. Gone was the pink sheets and they had been replaced with blue silk and was that sexy underwear lying on the floor?

“What…” His mouth felt very dry and he carefully darted his tongue out to wet his lips, noticing that the witch followed his every movement. “What did you do?”

“I tried to get you back to the future.” She puffed her chest indignantly. “But that didn’t work. I think Buffy’s wish somehow keeps you – and I think her too, in the past.”

“But you did something.” He gestured around the room. “This place is different.”

“I think I managed to bring us into a very near future.” She gazed over at a calendar on the wall. “A couple of weeks at its most.”

Spike decided to take the news in stride but then he remembered something.

Buffy!!

“What about Buffy?” he asked silently. “Where is she? Is she alright?” Pause. “Will she remember…?”

Willow nodded firmly.

“I think so. After all; both you and I remember everything clearly. She should as well.”

Spike contemplated that information before heaving a deep sigh.

“I hope she’s alright.”

“Oh, I’m alright.”

Willow and Spike quickly spun around at the sound of the slayers voice.

She stood in the door opening, looking grim but beautiful and Spike’s heart cracked at the sight of her.

“But I’m curious to what the hell happened. Because I sure the hell didn’t make another wish.” She shook her head. “No, I think I’ve learned my lesson.”

“It was the spell,” Willow spurted out and looked dreadful. “I thought I knew how to fix it – but it sort of backfired…”

“I noticed.” Buffy pressed her lips together as she slowly entered the room. “Look, Willow; I appreciate the effort, but you’ve just made everything ten times worse.”

“I did?” Willow shrunk back and Spike suddenly pitied her.

“What’s the matter, Buffy?”

She turned tortured eyes to him.

“Angel has lost his soul.”

Silence.

“How the bloody hell could that happened?” Spike asked in disbelief.

Buffy looked away and avoided their gazes.

“That’s not important,” she said and took a deep breath. “What is important is that I know a way of how to restore it.”

“You do?” Willow asked amazed. Then she blinked. “Of course you do.”

Spike gazed from woman to woman, feeling left out of the loop – when it suddenly dawned on him.

“Are you telling us that the great git already lost his soul…” confused frown. “In the past? Or is it now?” Hesitation. “Or the future…?”

Buffy met his gaze and he could see that this whole situation weighed heavy on her slim shoulders. Obviously there was more to the story behind her and his grandsire than he would have guessed in the first place.

“Yes.” It was a simple answer and Spike decided to not press the issue any further.

“Yes,” she repeated and turns to face the witch. “And now it has happened again. And we have to make it right, Willow.”

“How?”

Buffy seemed to think hard about a solution and suddenly her face lit up in a radiating smile.

“Jenny Calendar!”

Willow frowned.

“The teacher?”

Buffy nodded.

“She’s a descendent from the gypsies that cursed Angel in the first place. She knows have to restore Angel’s soul.” And then silently. “And she’s still alive…”

“Then what are we waiting for?” Spike asked with a grin. “Let’s go and save the day.”

Buffy sent him a megawatt smile.

“Have I told you that I love you?”

Spike nodded solemnly.

“You keep telling me, slayer.”
Silence.

“And one day you’ll believe me.”

The three of them exited the room – without noticing the hunching figure outside the window who had been listening in on the conversation.

A small smile spread over Angelus features when he heard the slayer confess her love for the blonde vampire.

“Interesting.”



Tbc…